Time to switch QBs

Maxman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It would be great if they played Geno on Monday night. I wish Bowles wanted to win. If he did Fitz would be on the bench for sure.

Lol, right, Bowles doesn't want to win.  THAT'S The secret!

I think some of our E-GM's/E-Coaches need to get it through their too-thick skulls:  Bowles, and Chan and Macc have seen Geno Smith every day the past year and a half.

And they clearly want nothing to do with him playing.

Now, whats more likely.....that the trio of Bowles, Chan and Macc "don't want to win" and are actively conspiring to hold back a clearly superior-in-practice Geno Smith, risking their own careers to do so?

Or they, in their various professional opinions, think Geno Smith is sh*t, and that as bad as Fitz has been (and thats bad), they think he's still better than Geno Smith?

Save the tin foil hats boys and girls, there is no grand conspiracy, and Geno is not some martyr franchise QB getting a bum rap unfairly.  

NFL Coaches don't "just see what he's got" for lols before a season in lost.  And while ours looks like sh*t, it's not lost yet.

And once it is, it'll be a player this trio selected, and believes in, that will almost assuredly get the next chance.  Petty.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I think some of our E-GM's/E-Coaches need to get it through their too-thick skulls:  Bowles, and Chan and Macc have seen Geno Smith every day the past year and a half.

Now, whats more likely.....that the trio of Bowles, Chan and Macc "don't want to win" and are actively conspiring to hold back a clearly superior-in-practice Geno Smith, risking their own careers to do so?

Or they, in their various professional opinions, think Geno Smith is sh*t, and that as bad as Fitz has been (and thats bad), they think he's still better than Geno Smith?

Save the tin foil hats boys and girls, there is no grand conspiracy, and Geno is not some franchise QB getting a bum rap unfairly.  

NFL Coaches don't "just see what he's got" for lols before a season in lost.  And while ours looks like sh*t, it's not lost yet.

And once it is, it'll be a player this trio selected, and believes in, that will almost assuredly get the next chance.  Petty.

Bottom line Bowles is not a Macc guy he was in place as the head coach when Macc was hired Macc made the $12 million dollar mistake Bowles inserts Geno Smith and he out plays Fitzpatrick Macc looks like a fool no other reason for not playing Geno Smith 

The Jets the only team in the NFL that carries 4 QB's but sticks with even after 6 INTs something is wrong here

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Save the tin foil hats boys and girls, there is no grand conspiracy, and Geno is not some martyr franchise QB getting a bum rap unfairly.  

Tinfoil hats are all the rage these days. All the rage. 

58 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That and he will loosen up the D so we can establish a running game. 

What is this based on? You think a defense is going to gameplan differently for Geno than they do for Fitz? Like it or not, besides Geno having a better arm, there are many of the same flaws in both players when it comes to decision making, staring down receivers, and accuracy issues.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

What is this based on? You think a defense is going to gameplan differently for Geno than they do for Fitz? Like it or not, besides Geno having a better arm, there are many of the same flaws in both players when it comes to decision making, staring down receivers, and accuracy issues.

Are you really asking this question or looking for another argument.  Game planning for Fitz is plain and simple everyone in the league knows his weaknesses and very limited strengths. He is having a catastrophic year and offers this team nothing. Its time for a change you know it and I know it you just don't want to admit it. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you really asking this question or looking for another argument.  Game planning for Fitz is plain and simple everyone in the league knows his weaknesses and very limited strengths. He is having a catastrophic year and offers this team nothing. Its time for a change you know it and I know it you just don't want to admit it. 

No. You're right. I definitely shouldn't have come to you looking for an actual football conversation, when all you do is regurgitate the vageno's gang talking points like some sort of uneducated, grammar hating robot.

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Absolutely. The results may be the same but Geno's arm will force DC's from stacking 8-9 men in the box.  Right now Dc's have to worry about 1/3rd of the field.

This by itself should open up the run game to some extent.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. You're right. I definitely shouldn't have come to you looking for an actual football conversation, when all you do is regurgitate the vageno's gang talking points like some sort of uneducated, grammar hating robot.

Carl once again you go on the attack usual day at the office for you. I never mentioned Geno Smith in my reply to you. I've been saying it for weeks anyone but Fitzpatrick we are carrying 4 QB's aren't we. Yes I'm uneducated you are a Harvard graduate you know everything I know nothing blah blah same sh*t different day with you. 

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Absolutely. The results may be the same but Geno's arm will force DC's from stacking 8-9 men in the box.  Right now Dc's have to worry about 1/3rd of the field.

They game plan for Fitz by sitting on short-routes and dropping extra men in to coverage, because they know he can get the ball out quickly.

They game plan for Geno by bringing extra players in pass rush, because they know he's going to hold the ball longer.

At the end of the day, it's just a different flavor of sh*tty football. 

This is why I have hope for Petty, because he's able to get the ball out quickly (based on this year's preseason) and accurately, and he seemed to throw guys open, rather than into converging multi-coverages.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Yeah that is not true. Matt Forte is the offensive MVP right now.

So this is where the double-standard makes me angry.

Matt Forte has 341 yards rushing in 4 games, the last two games he's put up 53 and 27 yards respectively, and he has 3 TD's all of which occurred in 1 game, against our only weak competitor.

If there is one playmaker on this team that has not lived up to expectations it's Matt Forte.  The minute he stopped running is the minute we started throwing the ball all over the place with a quarterback not capable of this type of gunslinging.  Ryan Fitzpatrick has been our offensive MVP.  That's not saying much, of course, but it illustrates just how poorly everyone else is playing.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Matt Forte has 341 yards rushing in 4 games, the last two games he's put up 53 and 27 yards respectively, and he has 3 TD's all of which occurred in 1 game, against our only weak competitor.

If there is one playmaker on this team that has not lived up to expectations it's Matt Forte.  The minute he stopped running is the minute we started throwing the ball all over the place with a quarterback not capable of this type of gunslinging.  Ryan Fitzpatrick has been our offensive MVP.  That's not saying much, of course, but it illustrates just how poorly everyone else is playing.

SAR I

SAR I other than for the reason of stirring the pot no way in hell is Ryan Fitzpatrick MVP of anything but sucking. He's the primary reason this team is 1-4. 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

It would be great if they played Geno on Monday night. I wish Bowles wanted to win. If he did Fitz would be on the bench for sure.

How many ways do we have to tell you that Ryan Fitzpatrick is actually playing decently and how many ways do millions of Jets fans have to tell you Geno Smith is a bust before you start believing it?

Fitzpatrick is the best this team can provide this year and he's about to have a nice run against league cupcakes just like last year.  The worst thing we can do is pull Fitz at the very moment the competition sinks to a level that this team can manage, even dominate.  And that goes for the DL and the secondary, not just the quarterback.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I other than for the reason of stirring the pot no way in hell is Ryan Fitzpatrick MVP of anything but sucking. He's the primary reason this team is 1-4. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing at or above the level he is capable of playing.  And if he's making mistakes and under duress his big free agent running back from Chicago is doing him no favors, putting up 56 and 27 yards on the ground the past two weeks.  And his WR's are injured leaving the only experienced one doubled all the time.  Fitzpatrick is playing well considering his ability, he's playing at or above what he's capable of.

Name me another Jet for whom you can say likewise.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing at or above the level he is capable of playing.

Name me another Jet for whom you can say likewise.

SAR I

Yet the NY Jets brought him back here this season sadly for that I'm not a fan of Macc or Bowles and this is a very dark era of Jets football for me. 

20 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm sorry but did I just read someone blaming the lack of a running game on no longer having D'Brickashaw Ferguson at LT like a year prior? D'Brickashaw Ferguson?

:rl: 

Heh!  I didn't see that, but yeah that is really over the top.  Perhaps they meant the Ferguson of say 3 years ago, but it's not December 25th today and I am not Santa Claus.

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

No matter what anyone thinks of Fitzpatrick, Forte has, so far, been a big disappointment. 

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How many ways do we have to tell you that Ryan Fitzpatrick is actually playing decently and how many ways do millions of Jets fans have to tell you Geno Smith is a bust before you start believing it?

Fitzpatrick is the best this team can provide this year and he's about to have a nice run against league cupcakes just like last year.  The worst thing we can do is pull Fitz at the very moment the competition sinks to a level that this team can manage, even dominate.  And that goes for the DL and the secondary, not just the quarterback.

SAR I

I generally agree but as for the secondary?  Even against weak opponents we'll all feel better if they CS can make it work taking plays away from M Williams.  He's gotten his chance and proven he's not up to being in the 3 man cb rotation.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If it's the case that the FO and CS don't want anything to do with him playing then why is he even on the roster? And don't give the excuses that Petty had a bruised shoulder and Hack was redshirted. Go get another second string QB if you would never play the guy. 

59 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Geno has a career completion percentage of below 58.  There is nothing intimidating or scary about his inaccurate arm. Defenses can still stack the box and not change too much because there's a good chance Geno is going to miss the mark completely, as he has his entire career.

22 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno has a career completion percentage of below 58.  There is nothing intimidating or scary about his inaccurate arm. Defenses can still stack the box and not change too much because there's a good chance Geno is going to miss the mark completely, as he has his entire career.

Ryan Fitzpatricks career statistics suck more than Geno Smith's. 

50 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

If it's the case that the FO and CS don't want anything to do with him playing then why is he even on the roster? And don't give the excuses that Petty had a bruised shoulder and Hack was redshirted. Go get another second string QB if you would never play the guy. 

This really isn't rocket science.

Most NFL GM's and Coaches are, by nature, conservative folks.  Risk-averse.

We have Fitz, who has a history of injury.

We have Geno, horrible but a veteran with 30+ starts.

We have Petty, young with potential, but no experience and hurt.

We have Hack.  Not even close to ready for anything.

Few NFL GM's are going to look at that, especially Petty hurt, and roll with Fitz/Petty/Hack.

Geno was retained only for the purpose of playing IF Fitz suffered a game-ending or season-ending injury.  

Did I really have to spell that out for you?

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Completion % has nothing to do with the ability to stretch the filed. Once Db's have to respect the possibility of a deep ball, they can no longer sit at the LOS .

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This really isn't rocket science.

Most NFL GM's and Coaches are, by nature, conservative folks.  Risk-averse.

We have Fitz, who has a history of injury.

We have Geno, horrible but a veteran with 30+ starts.

We have Petty, young with potential, but no experience and hurt.

We have Hack.  Not even close to ready for anything.

Few NFL GM's are going to look at that, especially Petty hurt, and roll with Fitz/Petty/Hack.

Geno was retained only for the purpose of playing IF Fitz suffered a game-ending or season-ending injury.  

Did I really have to spell that out for you?

Why do you retain a backup that you would only give reps to in the event of a catastrophic injury to an underperforming starter? Do I have to spell that out for you.

27 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Completion % has nothing to do with the ability to stretch the filed. Once Db's have to respect the possibility of a deep ball, they can no longer sit at the LOS .

Nobody respect's Geno's arm or his ability to stretch the field. This is a pointless conversation. He's not playing.

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nobody respect's Geno's arm or his ability to stretch the field. This is a pointless conversation. He's not playing.

That's BS and you know it. I don't care if he's inaccurate or hits 1 out 10 throws downfield . 1 completed pass results in 7 points if the DB's are stacking the line and not respecting the deep ball. The fact he can throw deep makes it harder for DB's to play period.

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

I get what you are saying and agree to an extent. But I also call b.s. on the fact that fans wouldn't be hysterical and calling for Bowles' head, etc. if he was making all the 'right' moves but the Jets were still losing the way they are right now. I also think that regardless of the bad decisions Bowles had made this season, if we were winning, nobody would be talking about them. Nobody would be saying 'hey, I know we won but can you believe Bowles decided to call a TO or decided to punt the ball away.' etc., etc.

I was just trying to point out that these are some of the toughest games on our schedule and nobody really believed we could win most of them, 2-4 or 3-3 at best. Now, IF we go on a run and win 4 games in a row or 4 out of 5, nobody will be talking about how the Jets need to pack it in, fire their coach and put their rookie (or 2nd year) QBs in to see what they can do for next year. So a lot of this is reactionary and I think fans need to chill out for a bit and see how things develop, especially considering the schedule eases up and we are only in week 6 of the season and not eliminated from the playoffs (crazy things happen in football every year, especially injuries, teams going on hot streaks and teams slumping).   

Just saying.   

That's cool but keep in mind we were winning last year and I remember plenty of posts calling Bowles out on his coaching. Of course no one at that time was calling for his head but we were pointing out some serious game management mistakes. I felt his coaching was poor last year but I kept my mouth shut in the "fire Bowles" department because I thought it would have been pre mature to even think about firing him in year one.

In respect to what I'm saying here I'm not basing my decision on his or the teams record im simply pointing out the same dumb mistakes he made last year and continues to make from game to game Im pretty sure I would do the same if we were winning

55 minutes ago, Jets_Win said:

Why do you retain a backup that you would only give reps to in the event of a catastrophic injury to an underperforming starter? Do I have to spell that out for you.

This forum badly needs a Facepalm smiley.

If you don't get it, you never will.

Best of luck with getting Geno the #1 job tho.

Archived