Time to switch QBs

Maxman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

popularity contest held by who? the fans? team? ownership?

If it was Geno like you said, wouldnt he have started yesterday? 

on a side note, i was thinking about responding to your message as "QFT" as well.  I am that far over today lol

All of the above. The the fans, the teammates, and ownership. And it turns out they all were clamoring for a scrub to get an automatic starter's contract because something about Jets records and best chances to win and whatever else.

If what was Geno? (I don't understand the question but I'll take my best guess). The only reason to keep him is if Fitz got injured during this early part of the schedule then they'd put in the more experienced Smith in relief. If it was much more than that they would have or could have IR'd Petty. As it is, Petty was expected to be out only about a month and it's so far a month & a half and counting. At least that's how it appears, anyway.

I did laugh at your last line. Well played. :) 

I wonder with all the Geno fans roaming on the attack the past couple weeks, if Geno hadn't lost the starter job to a TKO last year and we were at 1-4 this year with him at QB, would the same people be calling for a QB switch or would they caution to give him more time because it's their guy?

2 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I wonder with all the Geno fans roaming on the attack the past couple weeks, if Geno hadn't lost the starter job to a TKO last year and we were at 1-4 this year with him at QB, would the same people be calling for a QB switch or would they caution to give him more time because it's their guy?

What do you think. If he was playing at the level that Fitz is playing everyone would be wanting him benched or cut. This isn't our guy against your guy its finding a QB that can open up the field so that DC's can't stack 8-9 men in the box. At this point I don't care if its a janitor as long as he's better than the con-artist Fitz. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick's salary is exactly at the mean of lower-level tier NFL starters and upper-tier NFL backups and the Kansas City game is an outlier.

In the other 4 games Ryan Fitzpatrick has played this season, not a single INT led directly to a loss, only 1 happened that was unfortunate, and they all occurred when we were pressing to make a comeback:

Bengals - 1 INT - He had the lead at the two minute warning before the D blew it.
Buffalo - 0 INT - AFC Offensive Player Of The Week
Seattle - 3 INT - Two were in garbage time, the Sherman pick was on the 39 yard line and the D blew it in 4 plays
Pittsburgh - 0 INT - He had a strong first half but second half adjustments and continued D vomit gave us no chance

That's 4 INT's in 4 games, hardly a disaster.  That's with horrible playcalling, a stud RB who can only manage 30 yards a game, down two starting WR's, and a D that provides terrible field position.

Only 1 INT happened when it mattered and the defense should have stopped a gimpy Russell Wilson and a porous OL from going 61 yards in four plays in under two minutes.

This is why Ryan Fitzpatrick is our starting quarterback.  He's actually playing well.

SAR I

Nothing he's done has contributed to any success either we are 1-4 he's the lowest ranking QB in the NFL he leads the NFL in turnovers. 

Is he worth the bagel and a coffee I say he's not. 

Investment gold is Ryan Fitzpatrick you're happy we're all happy best seats best view enjoy watching the schmuck live and in person I wont be. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Is getting 10 points what you want from your starting QB ???  Did he have a good game because his receivers prevented him from throwing more picks ??

Did Pittsburgh stack the box because Fitz can't beat them deep ??  Did the Jets try to throw deep ??

If that's satisfactory then Fitz is your guy !! Yay the loss is not on the conquering hero.

we brought him in to play safe football...Our defense is supposed to play lights out football and we should be able to win games without scoring lots of points. Obviously more points = better but there were not many options out there in the off season.

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nothing he's done has contributed to any success either we are 1-4 he's the lowest ranking QB in the NFL he leads the NFL in turnovers.

Exactly.

And there is nothing we can do about it and it's Geno Smith's fault.

SAR I

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

If Geno played like Fitzpatrick this season I'd want him on the bench. But let me ask you a question if this were Geno would he get the same excuses that Fitzpatrick has gotten this year?

Just now, August said:

If Geno played like Fitzpatrick this season I'd want him on the bench. But let me ask you a question if this were Geno would he get the same excuses that Fitzpatrick has gotten this year?

He shouldn't he didn't give us a 31 td season ever. He has never given us a glimmer of hope at the QB position. Fitz has earned a few excuses from us but he is playing like crap this season.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

He shouldn't he didn't give us a 31 td season ever. He has never given us a glimmer of hope at the QB position. Fitz has earned a few excuses from us but he is playing like crap this season.

Fitzpatrick has earned NOTHING here please STOP 

He beat the worst teams in the NFL last season and choked when we needed him most 

He held this team QB hostage all off season 

24 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

we brought him in to play safe football...Our defense is supposed to play lights out football and we should be able to win games without scoring lots of points. Obviously more points = better but there were not many options out there in the off season.

Not many options the fans and apparently the CS/FO liked . But it would have made more sense to start Geno and to transition to Petty if and when Geno faltered.  The scenario they're in now wasted  $12M , forced them to carry 4 Qb's and is making them look like fools while still losing miserably. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait you flip flopper you said Fitzpatrick broke Jets QB records didn't you. 

You classified him in the same category with Joe Namath didnt you. 

No way. I said he had a record breaking season. That is factual. 

I also said everything relative to the quarterback position today is Geno Smith's fault. This is what happens when your franchise quarterback is a bust and you have to scrape the bottom of the journeyman barrel. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Not many options the fans and apparently the CS/FO liked . But it would have made more sense to start Geno and to transition to Petty if and when Geno faltered.  The scenario they're in now wasted  $12M , forced them to carry 4 Qb's and is making them look like fools while still losing miserably. 

It is a one year contract they gave to a QB who had one of the best seasons in our franchise history...If you were the GM or HC do you pass up on a veteran QB who just gave us one of our best seasons ever and let some guy who hasn't proven anything to you start at QB while you are maybe able to develop a rookie you drafted?

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Sanchez gave us a 26 TD passing and 6 rushing TD's and he was run out of town like he had the bubonic plague. Geno had a 8-8 record against a better schedule than Fitz faced and with far less talent then Fitz has at his disposal on offense. Fitz has earned nothing from us, he is what he is a journeyman crap QB. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick has earned NOTHING here please STOP 

He beat the worst teams in the NFL last season and choked when we needed him most 

He held this team QB hostage all off season 

What has Geno earned because apparently the answer is not even reps as a starter.

What has Geno earned because apparently the answer is not even reps as a starter.

According to Bowles who is the NFL's biggest failure of a head coach. 

How has Kerley been looking pretty good lately yet he was in Bowles doghouse here 

Todd Bowles has earned nothing in the NFL or as the Jets head coach 

If Geno Smith is such a bad player and person why isn't he cut

13 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

This is laughable 

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

It is a one year contract they gave to a QB who had one of the best seasons in our franchise history...If you were the GM or HC do you pass up on a veteran QB who just gave us one of our best seasons ever and let some guy who hasn't proven anything to you start at QB while you are maybe able to develop a rookie you drafted?

Yes because I would have looked at his MO from 11+ years in the league and 5 other teams, I would have looked at last years schedule and this years. I wouldn't care if Geno, or Petty  had proven anything , I'd want to get a solid evaluation on at least one of these Qb's against stellar competition that I knew Fitzy would have a hard time beating.  I'd let Hack sit which is the proper route for him at this time. 

see who is laughing when Geno gets his shot this season then...i hope i am proven wrong but last time i stuck up for Geno he threw 4 interceptions in 4 drives the day after i defended him.

We are currently laughing at Fitzfailure so is the rest of the NFL 

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No way. I said he had a record breaking season. That is factual. 

I also said everything relative to the quarterback position today is Geno Smith's fault. This is what happens when your franchise quarterback is a bust and you have to scrape the bottom of the journeyman barrel. 

SAR I

He was drafted as a project but situtions happened and he saw the field before he was ready. 

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

see who is laughing when Geno gets his shot this season then...i hope i am proven wrong but last time i stuck up for Geno he threw 4 interceptions in 4 drives the day after i defended him.

Fitz threw 6 ints in a game this season , you know the QB that gives us the best chance to win. And it probably could have been 8 or 9 if KC didn't drop a couple. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Fitz threw 6 ints in a game this season , you know the QB that gives us the best chance to win. And it probably could have been 8 or 9 if KC didn't drop a couple. 

4 interceptions in 4 drives is worse than 6 in one game. Rex was smart enough to bench Geno in the first quarter after that.

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

4 interceptions in 4 drives is worse than 6 in one game. Rex was smart enough to bench Geno in the first quarter after that.

Ok , keep telling yourself that. Also Gailey wasn't telling Fitz who to throw the ball to like Rex/MM were forcing the ball to Percy Harvin

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

So by that logic why do you defend Ryan Fitzpatrick? He threw 5 straight interceptions including a pick 6, and he threw 3 straight interceptions against the Bills in week 17 of 2015. But he gets forgiven for those transgressions but 3 straight interceptions against the Bills from 2014 is held over his head to this day. 

1 hour ago, August said:

What excuses? He's looked like ass pretty much every game, all game except BUF. 

Archived