Time to switch QBs

Maxman

1 hour ago, Jets_Win said:

Why do you retain a backup that you would only give reps to in the event of a catastrophic injury to an underperforming starter? Do I have to spell that out for you.

I don't get these guys who show up in the fourth year of Smith's time with the Jets to talk about him and nothing but him.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Career 60% completion is better than Geno's sub 58%, but sure.

2% better??????? LOL Lets compare an 11 year career to a 4 year career............bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  

Carl go read the latest Tiger Beat you provided us with better stuff when you did. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

2% better??????? LOL Lets compare an 11 year career to a 4 year career............bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  

Carl go read the latest Tiger Beat you provided us with better stuff when you did. 

This is a weird way to admit you were wrong. Them hip drugs are doing you no favors. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

2% ??????? Oh yeah you were right better to be an old man than to be a stupid  old man 

What makes me stupid? I said Geno had some of the same bad QB characteristics as Fitz, including poor accuracy. You said Geno was better. I showed you the stats that say, while both are bad, Fitz has a better career completion percentage. Doesn't matter if it's 2%, 1%, or .01%. That number favors Fitz. I'm sorry that doesn't fit your narrative. Go back to your Coors lights and pain meds. Maybe watch some Matlock. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What makes me stupid? I said Geno had some of the same bad QB characteristics as Fitz, including poor accuracy. You said Geno was better. I showed you the stats that say, while both are bad, Fitz has a better career completion percentage. Doesn't matter if it's 2%, 1%, or .01%. That number favors Fitz. I'm sorry that doesn't fit your narrative. Go back to your Coors lights and pain meds. Maybe watch some Matlock. 

Yes Carl you win....... just like when you use and expired coupon on dinner at AppleBee's you win.

Im a Budweiser guy if i wanted water id drink spring water its cheaper. 

So whats new in the latest Tiger Beat? 

On 10/11/2016 at 4:14 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm sorry but did I just read someone blaming the lack of a running game on no longer having D'Brickashaw Ferguson at LT like a year prior? D'Brickashaw Ferguson?

It's a crazy fetish.

Like those dudes who want fat ladies to sit on their faces and fart. 

SAR I

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

imagejpeg

I did a search for Joe Namath Tiger Beat and this came up. 

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I sense much reach in you my young padawan.  

I needed to bump this thread, I was linking to it in a new article on the front page. So I put like 2 seconds of thought in the reply. :)

51 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I needed to bump this thread, I was linking to it in a new article on the front page. So I put like 2 seconds of thought in the reply.

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't the Jets problem right now.  He's the only Jet who is playing at or above his capabilities.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't the Jets problem right now.  He's the only Jet who is playing at or above his capabilities.

SAR I

LOL!!! That is good. I mean we all know Ryan is bad but he has never been this bad (2 to 1 INT to TD and multiple fumbles). Pretty funny though, good one.

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

LOL!!! That is good. I mean we all know Ryan is bad but he has never been this bad (2 to 1 INT to TD and multiple fumbles). Pretty funny though, good one.

If you take the Kansas City outlier out of it, in the other 4 games Ryan Fitzpatrick has 2 games with 0 interceptions and has only thrown 1 interception that hurt the team, the rest being in garbage time or the admitted fault of the receivers.  His stat line is is usual stat line.  It's not like his performance is shocking, not like what's going on with the front seven and the secondary and the running game which were completely unexpected.

Fitzpatrick is throwing interceptions when he's trailing and pressing.  It's what journeymen do.  If you want a bad guy for the 2016 season, here are a few names  you might want to focus on:

Darrelle Revis
David Harris
Muhammed Wilkerson
Sheldon Richardson
Calvin Pryor
Marcus Gilchrist
Matt Forte
Brian Winters
Billal Powell
Kacy Rodgers
Chan Gailey
Todd Bowles

Spend an equal amount of time ripping these 12 Jets to pieces, then you can focus on Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you take the Kansas City outlier out of it, in the other 4 games Ryan Fitzpatrick has 2 games with 0 interceptions and has only thrown 1 interception that hurt the team, the rest being in garbage time or the admitted fault of the receivers.  His stat line is is usual stat line.  It's not like his performance is shocking, not like what's going on with the front seven and the secondary and the running game which were completely unexpected.

Fitzpatrick is throwing interceptions when he's trailing and pressing.  It's what journeymen do.  If you want a bad guy for the 2016 season, here are a few names  you might want to focus on:

Darrelle Revis
David Harris
Muhammed Wilkerson
Sheldon Richardson
Calvin Pryor
Marcus Gilchrist
Matt Forte
Brian Winters
Billal Powell
Kacy Rodgers
Chan Gailey
Todd Bowles

Spend an equal amount of time ripping these 12 Jets to pieces, then you can focus on Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

Lol Ryan Fitzpatrick can do no wrong.

"Stop defending a Max 6 win qb" 

SAR nails it.

Fitz is Fitz.  KC was horrible (and he should have been sat down after INT #4), but outside KC he's been the Fitz we all should have expected.  Average or below average vs. Playoff Teams, with an occasional bright spot (Buffalo).  Good enough to win with a great running game and great defense, and we have neither.

The Jets D on the other hand, out elite unit, the backbone of our chances at the playoffs in 2016.....is, as shown elsewhere, amongst the worst in the NFL in almost every category that matters in a Pass-oriented football league.

The Coaching too has been head scratching, especially Chan's playcalling, especially in the Red Zone.  Bowles has a clearly uninspired and insipid team he's leading.

Forte has been misused and unproductive.  The WR's hurt repeatedly, and oily-fingered all around (other than Enunwa, our lone bright spot).  

I won't object when Fitz is replaced, even if it's Geno.  I don't think it will be, but such is life.  

End of the day, our future starter is either Petty, Hack or a Draft Pick to be named later anyway.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Darrelle Revis
David Harris
Muhammed Wilkerson
Sheldon Richardson
Calvin Pryor
Marcus Gilchrist
Matt Forte
Brian Winters
Billal Powell
Kacy Rodgers
Todd Bowles

Spend an equal amount of time ripping these 11 Jets to pieces, then you can focus on Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

Ok so # 1, this is my site. I never play that card, but I am NOT going to sit here and let you tell me what I am allowed to focus on. Now that we have cleared that up....

I have said like 5 times here that I would:

1. Make a change at the QB position

2. Make major changes in the secondary

3. Have Kacy and Bowles sit in a room until they work out MAJOR philosophy changes. From play calling to game planning to half time adjustments, everything needs to change there right now. If Kacy needs to be fired, fire him. But I am not a fan of in-season coordinator firings, so hopefully they can work it out without that happening.

Your list contains players that are playing below expectations. But you have two defensive lineman listed, great. Just not going to have the same impact and they aren't having bad seasons on the level that Ryan Fitzpatrick is.

The Kansas City game Fitz definitely lost, so yeah we don't have to talk about that one. The other games with no interceptions...like Pittsburgh - Fitz didn't play well. The Steelers played a great game plan against him. You give a little all down the field. And when the Jets get closer to the Red Zone Fitz didn't execute.

This is going to be a repeatable theme. Because Fitz isn't good.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you take the Kansas City outlier out of it, in the other 4 games Ryan Fitzpatrick has 2 games with 0 interceptions and has only thrown 1 interception that hurt the team, the rest being in garbage time or the admitted fault of the receivers. 

For the love of all that is holy please stop mathing.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Ok so # 1, this is my site. I never play that card, but I am NOT going to sit here and let you tell me what I am allowed to focus on. Now that we have cleared that up....

I'm feeling a SLIGHT over-reaction here, and would say so, but then I might get the "it's my site, and I'll over-react if I want to, over-react if i want to, over-react if I want toooooo..." speech too.

So I won't say so.

Proceed.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Lol Ryan Fitzpatrick can do no wrong.

"Stop defending a Max 6 win qb" 

I'm not defending Ryan Fitzpatrick, I'm merely point out how stupid it is to act like he was supposed to be any better while the rest of the team is burning to the ground in underachievement.

Joe Montana would be 1-4 with this front seven, secondary, running game, coordinators, head coach.  This team is that bad.  Kansas City, Pittsburgh, and Seattle shut it down against us, they could have racked up another 100 points between them if they wanted to.

SAR I

On 10/9/2016 at 5:25 PM, Maxman said:

It is officially Geno Smith time.

Let's try to win some games. Fitz isn't getting it done. The red zone problems are cause and effect. Teams are playing bend but don't break against us. So Fitz puts up good stats but can't close out drives.

Next.

I don't think Fitz is the real problem. The play calling has been terrible and has not played to Fitzpatrick's strength which is play action. Chan Gailey must be suffering from dementia because he goes into the coaches box and forgets why he is there. He forgets he has a good set of RB's and passes in short yardage situations and he is not fooling anyone. Unless Fitz gets hurt or has another three interception meltdown Geno will continue to sit. If the Jets lose badly to Arizona on Monday night, Todd Bowles will be under a lot of pressure to do something and a change might come then.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'm feeling a SLIGHT over-reaction here, and would say so, but then I might get the "it's my site" speech too.

So I won't say so.

Proceed.

I have been here for 11 years and I never do that. I have been called every name in the book by posters that I still didn't ban. So I don't do the its my site thing, people can say what they want.

All I want is to be able to do what we allow everyone else to do...talk about what they want. I don't have to give equal airtime to Sheldon Richardson if I think a change at the QB position is needed.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not defending Ryan Fitzpatrick, I'm merely point out how stupid it is to act like he was supposed to be any better while the rest of the team is burning to the ground in underachievement.

Joe Montana would be 1-4 with this front seven, secondary, running game, coordinators, head coach.  This team is that bad.  Kansas City, Pittsburgh, and Seattle shut it down against us, they could have racked up another 100 points between them if they wanted to.

SAR I

It would be stupid to expect him to be better than he was last year. That isn't what I am doing.

The problem is he is much worse. 5 TDs, 6 INTs. Multiple fumbles. Pretty bad.

And yes, there are a lot of things wrong with this team. Some of it is a really big concern as well. Just harder to fix some of that stuff right away.

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I don't think Fitz is the real problem. The play calling has been terrible and has not played to Fitzpatrick's strength which is play action. Chan Gailey must be suffering from dementia because he goes into the coaches box and forgets why he is there. He forgets he has a good set of RB's and passes in short yardage situations and he is not fooling anyone. Unless Fitz gets hurt or has another three interception meltdown Geno will continue to sit. If the Jets lose badly to Arizona on Monday night, Todd Bowles will be under a lot of pressure to do something and a change might come then.

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have been here for 11 years and I never do that. I have been called every name in the book by posters that I still didn't ban. So I don't do the its my site thing, people can say what they want.

All I want is to be able to do what we allow everyone else to do...talk about what they want. I don't have to give equal airtime to Sheldon Richardson if I think a change at the QB position is needed.

Max, I love you my friend.  I'd hope you know that by now.

If you can't take a little ribbing.....I'd suggest you're taking all this far too seriously.

We're allowed to disagree, and express ourselves here.  SAR wasn't ordering you do anything.  He was arguing a position, rather well at that.

Of course you don't "have" to do anything.  But SAR, in the course of enlightened rhetorical exchange, CAN suggest you should.  

Your response started with a YUGE over-reaction.  You'll allowed to over-react, of course.  We all do from time to time.

But you might want to consider that your response to a well reasoned argument wasn't, at all, well reasoned.

InbeforebannedWarfish.

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Joe Montana? Really? Getting tired of watching people loosely compare Fitz to good/great QB's. It's not like this dude is having Phillip Rivers issues, doing enough on offense but the defense keeps blowing it. Stop with the exaggerated comparisons

So many excuses for Fitz. It's almost as if he can "do no wrong" because we know what Fitz is. Some of the lamest sh*t ever right now.

We can even remove the chiefs game, but if we're removing, then let me add also. Removing the chiefs game doesn't take away the fact that Fitz threw another pick 6 in the Seattle game that Earl Thomas dropped. It doesn't take away yet another endzone int thrown that somehow slid through the DB's hands and right into Fitz hands for a TD in the Steelers game. It doesn't take away the fact that during one of the jets final drives a Steelers defender dropped another pick. 

Fitz is playing like sh*t bro and is probably the worst starting player on the team because he touches the ball every snap. And I don't even need to bring up his league leading fumbles. We've been lucky those weren't turnovers. 

Archived