Would The Apologists Please Stop

KRL

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

In fairness to Pac, we won't really know until we give Geno 30 more starts, two more OCs, and at least four more WRs.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pac will be 78 years old telling his great grandkids about the under-appreciated greatness of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith the same way old people tell us that Michael Jordan would get wrecked by Bob Cousy.

When you two are done playing footsie and giggling I'll kindly ask you to acknowledge that no one in the history of the NFL has gotten more chances than our bearded hero QB.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It is your opinion that I'm wrong lets get that straight. 

For whats its worth in my opinion the Mets suck. 

Now you're just being mean and I didnt do anything to deserve your meanness.  All I did was defend a player who in fact, doesnt suck despite your kicking and screaming that he does because he got beat once...just like every single corner in the history of the sport.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I've always had this theory that there are, at any given point, five decent cornerbacks in the league and the rest of them are the product of scheme and compensation. 

Pretty much.  The good thing about Williams is he provides balls skills that literally no other player on the team possess.

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Exactly. He's a solid nickle/dime player who can fill in as a starter when needed. The real problem lies within the scheme of they play too soft of a zone to protect the liabilities of the coverage of the CBs, but then it's not a great tackling team. And then when they go to man, they're exposed by fast receivers and big armed QBs.

The man to man thing is mind boggling.  And Bowles refuses to see he doesnt have the personnel to run it.  It's Mangini trying to make an attack 4-3 D try to play a read and react 3-4  D.  It's  mismatch.  A huge one. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Now you're just being mean and I didnt do anything to deserve your meanness.  All I did was defend a player who in fact, doesnt suck despite your kicking and screaming that he does because he got beat once...just like every single corner in the history of the sport.

I apologize for being mean I'm just angry about this season and how its played out. 

24 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I didn't want us to sign Fitzpatrick at all. But that's not what you said. What you said is we should be 4-1 if not for our defense. Now you're saying we should've expected 1-4 with Fitz all along. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

I am not talking out of both sides of my mouth.  What I said is that I did not believe our defense, special teams, or offense would be good enough to beat the elite teams we would face in our first 6 games.  I was unfortunately correct about opening 1-5.  As a result, I had us at 7-9 for the year.

But from what I've seen so far from Fitzpatrick, I believe we could be 3-2 or even 4-1 right now if our defense played like it was supposed to.  Fitz and the O were decent in all games but KC.  They had us in the Seattle and Cincinnati games.  If not for 11 bombs longer than 40 yards leading to touchdowns we could be on our way to the playoffs if we had a secondary.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I am not talking out of both sides of my mouth.  What I said is that I did not believe our defense, special teams, or offense would be good enough to beat the elite teams we would face in our first 6 games.  I was unfortunately correct about opening 1-5.  As a result, I had us at 7-9 for the year.

But from what I've seen so far from Fitzpatrick, I believe we could be 3-2 or even 4-1 right now if our defense played like it was supposed to.  Fitz and the O were decent in all games but KC.  They had us in the Seattle and Cincinnati games.  If not for 11 bombs longer than 40 yards leading to touchdowns we could be on our way to the playoffs if we had a secondary.

SAR I

in the past 3 games the offense has scored 7 points combined in the 2nd half, and that was on a fitz sack/fumble.  the offense is not playing well enough to win the past 3 games, they could have beaten cincy.

35 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It seems like such a long time ago that we beat the Bills and Gailey was a genius.

We beat the one team that is ordinary (Bills) and lost to the three teams that are elite (Cincinnati, Seattle, Pittsburgh) which is no different than last year with our cupcake schedule.

The losses to the roster (Snacks, Brick, Ivory) were not improved upon with the additions to the roster (Clady, McLendon, Forte) and the youngsters in the middle (Pryor, Lee) aren't thriving and the secondary (Revis and Friends) has taken a marked step backwards.  Our OC, DC, and HC are having brutal years.  There was no reason to expect 11-5 or 12-4 like so many in this forum predicted.  That was wishful thinking at its most ludicrous.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Fitzpatrick led us to 22, 3, 10, and 13 points as QB in all our losses.  So again, you're expecting the D's job to hold opponents to less that that respectively in at least 2 of those games. 

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Geno Smith has had 29 starts in the NFL and people act like he's an untapped talent. 

Precisely.

By Game 29, Mark Sanchez had led the Jets to 9 and 11 win seasons, won 4 road playoff games, led 5 miracle comebacks, and went on an 18-4 run, the best we've seen in team history.  And these Myhero Morons ran the kid out of town on a rail. 

Now these geniuses get moist for a guy who accomplished absolutely nothing in 30 games over three seasons instead of admitting they were wrong about Geno, wrong about Mark, wrong about just about everything.  And that's really what's going on here.  It's woodshed time for the Geno fools.  They should just assume the position and take the whipping instead of carrying this farce any further.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Precisely.

By Game 29, Mark Sanchez had led the Jets to 9 and 11 win seasons, won 4 road playoff games, led 5 miracle comebacks, and went on an 18-4 run, the best we've seen in team history.  And these Myhero Morons ran the kid out of town on a rail. 

Now these geniuses get moist for a guy who accomplished absolutely nothing in 30 games over three seasons instead of admitting they were wrong about Geno, wrong about Mark, wrong about just about everything.  And that's really what's going on here.  It's woodshed time for the Geno fools.  They should just assume the position and take the whipping instead of carrying this farce any further.

SAR I

100%

if your position today is "Why not Geno," it's time for some thoughtful reflection.

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

in the past 3 games the offense has scored 7 points combined in the 2nd half, and that was on a fitz sack/fumble.  the offense is not playing well enough to win the past 3 games, they could have beaten cincy.

Look at the huge bombs surrendered, look at the lack of turnovers and the field position in the last 2 games, the defense has not done its part in getting sacks, forcing fumbles, getting interceptions, pinning the opponents deep, or creating short fields for our offense.  Average drive starts on our own 20, every kickoff or punt sails through the endzone out to the 25 or is fair caught on our 10.  With no running game and two injured starting wideouts it's just too hard to drive the length of the field.

If you take away the 11 bombs over 40 yards and the bombs for TD's specifically in our last 2 games it can go in a completely different direction, our opponents struggle to get first downs, we get better field position, we aren't playing from behind.

SAR I

Look at the huge bombs surrendered, look at the lack of turnovers and the field position in the last 2 games, the defense has not done its part in getting sacks, forcing fumbles, getting interceptions, pinning the opponents deep, or creating short fields for our offense.  Average drive starts on our own 20, every kickoff or punt sails through the endzone out to the 25 or is fair caught on our 10.  With no running game and two injured starting wideouts it's just too hard to drive the length of the field.

If you take away the 11 bombs over 40 yards and the bombs for TD's specifically in our last 2 games it can go in a completely different direction, our opponents struggle to get first downs, we get better field position, we aren't playing from behind.

SAR I

Some here apparently don't realize the connection going from the D's performance through field position to the O's performance.  Nice post.

20 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Fitzpatrick led us to 22, 3, 10, and 13 points as QB in all our losses.  So again, you're expecting the D's job to hold opponents to less that that respectively in at least 2 of those games. 

No, I'm not.  You can stop with the attempted logic traps.  Not all posters are in junior high school.

I'm asking our defense to provide turnovers and field position which makes it easier for our offense to score.  Not to mention the occasional pick 6, fumble recovery, safety, punt return, or kickoff return for scores.  In this league, Top 5 defenses with ferocious pass rushes generate points on their own sometimes, it's something we never do.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

No, I'm not.  I'm asking our defense to provide turnovers and field position which makes it easier for our offense to score.  Not to mention the occasional pick 6, fumble recovery, safety, punt return, or kickoff return for scores.  In this league, Top 5 defenses with ferocious pass rushes generate points on their own sometimes, it's something we never do.

SAR I

Surprised our D isn't forcing turnover we have Marcus Williams the best CB in the NFL. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly but Fitzpatrick supporters are using that as a positive its a TD in the stats as a TD pass. 

They are scraping.........

Please don't make us say this again.  Read this carefully:  THERE ARE NO FITZPATRICK SUPPORTERS

Thank you.

SAR I

Please don't make us say this again.  Read this carefully:  THERE ARE NO FITZPATRICK SUPPORTERS

Thank you.

SAR I

Did I say YOU SAR I NO I did not. 

There are MANY Fitzpatrick supporters including the rah rah boys Marshall,Decker and Mangold 

Reports are out Bowles has lost the team 

Bye bye Bowles :D

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again. This is a person who spends real money supporting this team. He wants bedtime stories, they sell bedtime stories. Whether Sanchez is helping or hurting us doesn't matter. It's having a face to put on the narrative. Whether we're actually developing a roster doesn't matter. Losing is what rebuilding looks like. This team is never going to be anything more than a soap opera about sweaty men playing with balls because there's no demand for anything else.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Did I say YOU SAR I NO I did not. 

There are MANY Fitzpatrick supporters including the rah rah boys Marshall,Decker and Mangold 

Reports are out Bowles has lost the team 

Bye bye Bowles :D

Then name them, name these Fitzpatrick supporters.  I don't see them.  What I see are Geno Myhero's on Christmas morning, celebrating the Jets failure as a team, blaming it on one individual, championing a known bust.  And then I see rational Jets fans making arguments why there should not be a quarterback change just for the sake of distraction from the current state of affairs which will not only make us a losing team again but will likely force yet another coaching overhaul, just wonderful, can't wait.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

100%

if your position today is "Why not Geno," it's time for some thoughtful reflection.

First you've put your finger through the apes belt loop on his jeans and now you're swearing allegiance to the Sar?  

May god have mercy on your soul.

Then name them, name these Fitzpatrick supporters.  I don't see them.  What I see are Geno Myhero's on Christmas morning, celebrating the Jets failure as a team, blaming it on one individual, championing a known bust.  And then I see rational Jets fans making arguments why there should not be a quarterback change just for the sake of distraction from the current state of affairs which will not only make us a losing team again but will likely force yet another coaching overhaul, just wonderful, can't wait.

SAR I

Im not going to name them all there many some are hiding and others making excuses. 

You figure it out put together a nice powerpoint program like you do with the seating. 

joewilly12 

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Again. This is a person who spends real money supporting this team. He wants bedtime stories, they sell bedtime stories. Whether Sanchez is helping or hurting us doesn't matter. It's having a face to put on the narrative. Whether we're actually developing a roster doesn't matter. Losing is what rebuilding looks like. This team is never going to be anything more than a soap opera about sweaty men playing with balls because there's no demand for anything else.

So you're saying (I think) that:

1.  Jets fans like the misery and so the FO is succeeding as a misery provider.

2.  Sanchez was a pretty face and Geno is ugly.

Well this is unexpected, but it's sure to fill the afternoon with more distracting banter which is always a good thing after a terrible loss.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

So you're saying (I think) that:

1.  Jets fans like the misery and so the FO is succeeding as a misery provider.

2.  Sanchez was a pretty face and Geno is ugly.

Well this is unexpected, but it's sure to fill the afternoon with more distracting banter which is always a good thing after a terrible loss.

SAR I

Geno is NOTHING here 

Fitzpatrick is the starting QB 

Todd Bowles is the head coach 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Not surprisingly you interpreted his post incorrectly.

I know you like doing this thing where you act like you knew it all along and never were part of the wrong side of the argument but that doesn't fly with me, bro.  I know your elementary tricks and they don't hide the fact that you talked out of your ass all summer and were w-r-o-n-g.  

It's ok to admit.

Say it with me Fonzie. wrr..  wrrrr... wrrrong.

When did Geno steal the starting job from Fitz?

I said all summer that Fitz and Geno both suck. I wanted Fitz because the team wanted Fitz. 90% of my arguments were about bad logic. Really not hard to understand. For instance, this is good logic: until Geno gets on the field, and outplays what we've seen from Fitz, it should be assumed that Fitz is still the better player based on the evaluation of the football professionals in charge.

This is bad logic: Fitz sucks, so Geno is good. 

But please, don't let reality discourage your limp-wristed attempts at holding people accountable. JN has needed some petty grandstanding for weeks.... you're up.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

I guess that settles that.

Fitz is awesome!

This is why you suck so bad at teh mafia. You approach logic on the same level as the other mouth-breathing morons who've been clamoring for Geno, Kaep, and any other walking turd since February. I always knew you were a putz, but I never realize you were ******* retarded.

Only in your broken brains is this a rule: Fitz sucks = Geno is good; or Fitz good = Geno sucks.

They both suck. Most of us already knew this. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

This is why you suck so bad at teh mafia. You approach logic on the same level as the other mouth-breathing morons who've been clamoring for Geno, Kaep, and any other walking turd since February. I always knew you were a putz, but I never realize you were ******* retarded.

Only in your broken brains is this a rule: Fitz sucks = Geno is good; or Fitz good = Geno sucks.

They both suck. Most of us already knew this. 

• Saltiness - check
  • Accusations of mental retardation - check
  • Straw Man arguments - check
  • Hurt Vagina - check
  • Self congratulations - check

Yup.  I own you.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We beat the one team that is ordinary (Bills) and lost to the three teams that are elite (Cincinnati, Seattle, Pittsburgh) which is no different than last year with our cupcake schedule.

The losses to the roster (Snacks, Brick, Ivory) were not improved upon with the additions to the roster (Clady, McLendon, Forte) and the youngsters in the middle (Pryor, Lee) aren't thriving and the secondary (Revis and Friends) has taken a marked step backwards.  Our OC, DC, and HC are having brutal years.  There was no reason to expect 11-5 or 12-4 like so many in this forum predicted.  That was wishful thinking at its most ludicrous.

SAR I

Cinci @ 2-3 is elite?  Did you just say that? 

I challenge all the clear thinking Jets Fans who this team should release or keep.

Obviously, the signings of Revis , Fitzpatrick etc are all questionable if not at a minimum asinine.

Talent evaluation has been pathetic, let alone the overpaid free agent signings.

This franchise continues to make the same errors that have plagued them for decades.

If you look where you have been, it's where this team is headed.

Archived