Hire Frank Reich

Pac

15 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

As frustrated as I am with this coaching staff, he needs another year.

For what? 

Bowles has shown he has zero ability to make defensive adjustments, he can't manage the clock and timeouts and he thinks starting Fitz is still a good idea after 35 picks in 2 games

We fired Pete Carrol after one season. We can fire Bowles after two

43 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The Jets right now are so badly coached its almost laughable. And yes they were just as badly coached last year because the same mistakes keep happening over and over.

Do you feel the offense is coached equally poorly?

20 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

For what? 

Bowles has shown he has zero ability to make defensive adjustments, he can't manage the clock and timeouts and he thinks starting Fitz is still a good idea after 35 picks in 2 games

We fired Pete Carrol after one season. We can fire Bowles after two

All true and the Carrol firing was a mistake by the previous owner.

You need to have continuity and consistency to win year in and year out. Changing coaches too often leads to the same failed results. He went 10-6 in year one, he gets this year and next regardless of what you or I think. New coaches take time to learn how to manage the game, its a fact. Its a frustrating fact that we have to live with by hiring rookie coaches ( see Sar ) but we have no choice. After next year, if the same mistakes are being made, a change will occur.

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Do you feel the offense is coached equally poorly?

In a few games this year yes I do feel its been poorly coached. I can give a few examples.

In the first 2 weeks we had problems in the red zone yet we kept sending the dropping 5-10" Jalin Marshall in there instead of the two rookie 6-3 and 6-4 Anderson and Peake who showed a lot of promise in the red zone during pre season. Jalin Marshall dropped a lot of passes in training camp and pre season while Peake and Anderson were lighting it up yet he was getting all the snaps on offense. That's poor coaching IMHO.

KC was obvious hell bent on taking away the Pass yet we continued to throw into that defense with an Empty back field. Sure some of that was Fitz forcing the ball but at some point when you see Decker and Marshall and Enunwa totally blanketed you have to make a change the game was not far out of hand that we had to totally abandon the run and take away our RB to make it even more obvious. We were predictable and we played right into the hands of the defense.

There was a lot of talk of a duel backfield of Powell and Forte which would have made us very unpredictable kind of like the Saints offense yet how many times have you seen this ? Its like the league has a sample size of our offense and we keep running the same crap.

The amount of touches Forte is getting is beyond stupid. Powell is a very capable RB yet he's not even close to the amount of snaps and touches Forte is getting. Forte is a very good back but he's slow and he's going to wear down if we keep pounding him. I would much rather see Powell getting more of the snaps and Forte used more in the passing game but that has not been the case. The Jets are using Powell as a third down back and pounding Forte. We have a young kid in Pope who is not even active for games. The word is he has blazing speed something our back field lacks so where the hell is he ?

My Issues stem around personnel issues more than anything else that and the total lack of adjustment.

Fitz forcing the ball has not helped matters but in the KC game they played the back shoulder route and they dropped LB's into coverage to take away the middle of the field and the sideline routes the running game should have been there for the taking but we abandoned it .

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Honest, genuine question here: What's different this time? Not attacking at all, but my observations on you have been that on average you're one of the guys that hangs on way, way to long to players and coaches that clearly suck. 

Rex and Sanchez won more than anything you've seen in your 25 years watching the Jets.  If that period sucked, what would you call watching Bowles incompetence coupled with a QB who duped many gullible fans, the media, and the Jets FO?  

Bowles and Fitzpatrick clearly suck.  

Rex doesn't suck and Sanchez was ruined early on by GM's who never thought it important enough to provider him with an arsenal.

12 hours ago, BroadwayBen said:

Just to throw another name out there, what about Todd Haley? 

Coordinator for the Cardinals in 2007-2008. Lead them to 3rd in offensive points scored and 4th in yards. They also made the superbowl that year. 

Got the Chiefs head coaching job in 2008 and had them in the playoffs by 2009. Unfortunately, Matt Cassel was the quarterback and due to other circumstances he had a short run in KC.

Now, he is in Pittsburgh as the OC, and in the last few years they have had one of the most dominant offenses in the league. Really no argument here. 

Bottom line: Haley seems to be very successful when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, and already has some prior head coaching experience. I've always considered him an intriguing option since his recent success in Pittsburgh. Why has he not been offered another HC job? 

Todd Haley, Jim Schwartz, Frank Reich all would be a big improvement . Haley and Schwartz are very passionate coaches and have the same bad quality of going off in press conferences and on the field no telling what they do or did at the facilities they coached. This could have a negative effect on them getting new jobs in the NFL at some point they will and whomever hires them will be hoping they learned a little from their past experiences. The more attention these coaches bring to themselves the more their teams are scrutinized and when issues arise they lose their cool I'm sure and NFL owners just don't seem to like that. I think Reich may be a bit nuts as well but I'm not sure.

So to summarize im sure they don't get offers due to personality issues rather than football acumen.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Rex and Sanchez won more than anything you've seen in your 25 years watching the Jets.  If that period sucked, what would you call watching Bowles incompetence coupled with a QB who duped many gullible fans, the media, and the Jets FO?  

Bowles and Fitzpatrick clearly suck.  

Rex doesn't suck and Sanchez was ruined early on by GM's who never thought it important enough to provider him with an arsenal.

Bigger suck. 

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

In a few games this year yes I do feel its been poorly coached. I can give a few examples.

In the first 2 weeks we had problems in the red zone yet we kept sending the dropping 5-10" Jalin Marshall in there instead of the two rookie 6-3 and 6-4 Anderson and Peake who showed a lot of promise in the red zone during pre season. Jalin Marshall dropped a lot of passes in training camp and pre season while Peake and Anderson were lighting it up yet he was getting all the snaps on offense. That's poor coaching IMHO.

KC was obvious hell bent on taking away the Pass yet we continued to throw into that defense with an Empty back field. Sure some of that was Fitz forcing the ball but at some point when you see Decker and Marshall and Enunwa totally blanketed you have to make a change the game was not far out of hand that we had to totally abandon the run and take away our RB to make it even more obvious. We were predictable and we played right into the hands of the defense.

There was a lot of talk of a duel backfield of Powell and Forte which would have made us very unpredictable kind of like the Saints offense yet how many times have you seen this ? Its like the league has a sample size of our offense and we keep running the same crap.

The amount of touches Forte is getting is beyond stupid. Powell is a very capable RB yet he's not even close to the amount of snaps and touches Forte is getting. Forte is a very good back but he's slow and he's going to wear down if we keep pounding him. I would much rather see Powell getting more of the snaps and Forte used more in the passing game but that has not been the case. The Jets are using Powell as a third down back and pounding Forte. We have a young kid in Pope who is not even active for games. The word is he has blazing speed something our back field lacks so where the hell is he ?

My Issues stem around personnel issues more than anything else that and the total lack of adjustment.

Fitz forcing the ball has not helped matters but in the KC game they played the back shoulder route and they dropped LB's into coverage to take away the middle of the field and the sideline routes the running game should have been there for the taking but we abandoned it .

Very good summary.  Thanks

20 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Don't shoot me, but another I'd consider is Josh McDaniels...maybe he's learned a thing or two since Denver...and he's only like 40 y.o.

QB coach, OC on resume, prior HC experience.

Just saying'.

I'd go with McDaniels too, probably, and for the same reasons.

Josh McDaniels will never come to the Jets. Ever. He'd be to afraid of being ostracized by daddy Bill....

And it hasn't been 17 years.... Kotite was the last HC from the Offensive Side if the ball. That was 1996 ? 

Frank Reich? If he could do what Doug Pederson is doing in Philly, sign me up.

I'd take Kyle Shanahan in a minute. 

I'd even take Brian Schotenheimer over the current tool....lol. sad but true.

It's not working. The stoic, know-nothing act on the sideline is starting to become a punchline. The Secondary , this guys supposed area of expertise is a disaster. It's becoming Hermesque with the "Cover Who?" Defense.

And sorry, if the Jets did decide to move fast on a new HC after the season and are subjected to the bullsh*t Rooney Rule after Herm and Bowles, that's absurd. 

14 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Rich Kotite.  You know what Kotite did not have with the Jets Randall Cunningham and  (Reggie WhiteJerome Brown, and Clyde Simmons). Linebacker Seth Joyner and cornerback Eric Allen

but Kotite did have Frank Reich as a starting QB for 7 games in 1996 and he led us to the only win of that season, yea...

really hate being a Jets fan sometimes

21 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Bowles punted down 11 points with 7 minutes left. And then he doubled down on it. There's a disconnect here. You don't learn these things on the job.

And then after that, on defense, he blitzed. And had the offense start passing like crazy. This all after he gave up. Could've got players on both teams killed by being so weird like that. Dude, YOU ALREADY GAVE UP; stay given up. Or you're too stupid to know it. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

And then after that, on defense, he blitzed. And had the offense start passing like crazy. This all after he gave up. Could've got players on both teams killed by being so weird like that. Dude, YOU ALREADY GAVE UP; stay given up. Or you're too stupid to know it. 

No sh*t.

After Pittsburg scored after the ball-less punt on 4th down, we came out throwing...I was like, Dude, you took a knee 5 minutes ago...and now you're being aggressive?

Only the NYJ.

21 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I actually think it's more because the entire staff is overly by the book 1970's type football.  Bowles didnt go for two because he'll never go for two and just assumes going for two is too much of a risk, even with the extra point being moved back. Have we ever even gone for two with Bowles as HC? Do the Jets even practice two point conversions? I'm guessing no.

He doubled down on the timeout call. 100000% chance there isnt someone on the staff whose specific job is to handle challenges btw. Im sure Bowles would brush this off as nitpicking and if the Jets were to "execute" better they'd be winning. F that. The Patriots dont win all these close games by accident...they win because their F'ing coach has that team better prepared situationally than anyone in the league....and about ten times more than anyone in the AFC East.

The entire organization just seems to be anti innovative and Bowles represents this to a T.

Wen they hired Gailey,this was my biggest concern. The guy was out of football altogether because the game has passed him by. Every week we see the pointless runs up the middle to "establish the run" horsesheet. Neither Forte nor Powell is Chris Ivory, and the middle DL guys are 6'4" 300+; it's really hard to do that if you don't have a back to do it. . And then when that doesn't work he goes empty backfield,gives the defense no reason to even think run  and starts throwing the ball around like it's 7 on 7. 

Archived