Put Sheldon on the block!

Jetster

Nows the time to move a player who can directly help a team in need of some pass rush. Sheldon was a DROTY, don't forget that. You look at teams vying for playoff runs and he makes more sense than anyone. Do it Macc if it's possible. The time is now to start amassing draft picks. 

By leaking that he's available now, you'll get more than one team sniffing around. Mo is signed, you have Leo, your misplacing this guy at OLB. You look around the league & tell me who would be better than Sheldon Richardson being dangled? Cowboys? Skins? Falcons? Raiders? Chiefs? Packers? Saints? Colts? How about the Texans? (Looking long term with Watt next year).

Maybe could get a 2nd next year a conditional in 2018 based on performance? Pats got a 2nd for Jones and he was gonna be a free agent. We need to right the wrongs of Gholston, Geno, Milliner, McDougle, and on and on. Bad drafting & missing on QBs are the Jets sins. None of the old guys will be here for any resurrection, not Revis, Mangold, Harris, Fitz, including all of the free agents Macc signed unless they are willing to lower their contracts in Gilchrist & Skrine.  I actually can't remember the pantry being this bare & this close to a maxed salary cap.

In 2014 at least we were million under the cap. 

He won't be on the team in two years as we won't pay him and Mo at the same time - too much money on the DL; it is time to move on from him.

That being said, I would stop this OLB, ILB nonsense and rotate him in the line, keep him fresh and give him a chance to really shine. Let's showcase him for either a desperate team before the trading deadline or for the off season.

Well, if there is team needy for an ILB - the Jets and Sheldon have their attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How amazing is it that Jets spent a first round pick on an ILB, a position they literally could fill with a UDFA and instead of playing that player at ILB, they play a 295 DT at ILB in his place.

Think about that for a second.  

If I was the Raiders I offer a third rounder for Sheldon Richardson.    He's looking at a ten game suspension with one more failed drug test.   Right there drops the asking price, as history has shown those guys are eventually going to slip up again.

Hey some team willing to offer the Jets more , than obviously you jump on that offer.   From Raider perspective anything more than a third rounder isn't worth the risk.  

The return of Mario Edwards Jr will be a godsend for the defense.( Rookie J Ward isn't NFL ready yet)

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well, if there is team needy for an ILB - the Jets and Sheldon have their attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How amazing is it that Jets spent a first round pick on an ILB, a position they literally could fill with a UDFA and instead of playing that player at ILB, they play a 295 DT at ILB in his place.

Think about that for a second.  

Teams know who Richardson is & where he fits best. Falcons would be a GREAT FIT under Quinn, he'd plug him right in to being his gap shooting Michael Bennett (not saying he's as good) but Sheldon could be the guy to make a couple of big plays a game to help an awesome offensive team like the Falcons compete big time this year. With the Panthers down, Falcons could vie for the playoffs & home field throughout! They would beat Seahawks at home, Falcons need home field.

Perfect landing spot.

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

If I was the Raiders I offer a third rounder for Sheldon Richardson.    He's looking at a ten game suspension with one more failed drug test.   Right there drops the asking price, as history has shown those guys are eventually going to slip up again.

Hey some team willing to offer the Jets more , than obviously you jump on that offer.

We should have taken the 3rd pick the Raiders offered for Lamont Jordan in 2004..LOL Instead he went in 2005 for nothing..

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lets see we trade Sheldon for a 2nd round pick being generous history shows we dont draft well and we wind up with nothing. 

Sign me up. 

Could package that 2nd to move up in the first; or really, move down to the 3rd and get another 3rd - we seem okay drafting there. Or, trade it for like 5 7ths :-)

He actually played pretty well last night imo he showed more hustle than any of our LBs and pathetic secondary.

The GM and coach had a disconnect or the coach was not forthright with the gm about his intentions.  Dlineman wise we should be playing a 4-3 all the time to get our 3 best lineman on the field, playing dline as they should.

However we went out of our way the last two years to draft 3-4 LB's (Lee, Mauldin, Jenkins)  So if we play the 4-3 we have a poor LB match if we play a 3-4 we have a poor dline match (if we are using a NT like McClendon.

All I know is that the team looked poor but at least dangerous on the dline in the 1st game and have been awful since Richardson came back.  Something has to give.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lets see we trade Sheldon for a 2nd round pick being generous history shows we dont draft well and we wind up with nothing. 

Sign me up. 

There's not enough history on Macc yet. Petty is a ?, Hack is a ?, Smith is still a ?, Lee & Jenkins are rookies! It took the Pats 3 years to round Collins into an awesome LB, it takes time. Guys like Peake, Anderson & J.Marshall all look better than the scrubs we tried in 2014. There is no reason why Robbie Anderson couldn't become our John Brown?

If anything Peake proved his toughness last night,lol. I like J.Marshall in the slot. At least all of these guys have great mentors in Brandon & Eric. 

The signing of Revis has Woodys finger prints all over it! He just can't stop meddling & wanting to add "names" to keep the Jets relevant. Skrine is a nickel corner (sucks as a #2). But Williams is awful, Milliner & McDougle were bust draft picks not on Maccs dime. This is a "what would you do" scenario, trying to stay competitive and rebuild, it's very difficult, especially without a franchise QB. He's gonna be rid of the underperforming contracts in 2018. 

Jet fans aren't fooled after this 1-5 start. The writings on the wall. We're not CLOSE to any winning season, so scale it back, get some picks, trade back if you have to, only sign younger FAs and try to create a team in the Dallas mode (rebuild the Oline), draft a dynamic RB, if the opportunity presents itself. Our starting TE is Kellen Davis! Lmao! Kellen Davis!!!

Macc needs more time, I think we have Bradway & his boys like 25 years,lol. We can give Macc 5 and see where we are at. Let's pray he finds us a franchise QB. That might help us get a decent coach.

Just now, Jetster said:

There's not enough history on Macc yet. Petty is a ?, Hack is a ?, Smith is still a ?, Lee & Jenkins are rookies! It took the Pats 3 years to round Collins into an awesome LB, it takes time. Guys like Peake, Anderson & J.Marshall all look better than the scrubs we tried in 2014. There is no reason why Robbie Anderson couldn't become our John Brown?

If anything Peake proved his toughness last night,lol. I like J.Marshall in the slot. At least all of these guys have great mentors in Brandon & Eric. 

The signing of Revis has Woodys finger prints all over it! He just can't stop meddling & wanting to add "names" to keep the Jets relevant. Skrine is a nickel corner (sucks as a #2). But Williams is awful, Milliner & McDougle were bust draft picks not on Maccs dime. This is a "what would you do" scenario, trying to stay competitive and rebuild, it's very difficult, especially without a franchise QB. He's gonna be rid of the underperforming contracts in 2018. 

Jet fans aren't fooled after this 1-5 start. The writings on the wall. We're not CLOSE to any winning season, so scale it back, get some picks, trade back if you have to, only sign younger FAs and try to create a team in the Dallas mode (rebuild the Oline), draft a dynamic RB, if the opportunity presents itself. Our starting TE is Kellen Davis! Lmao! Kellen Davis!!!

Macc needs more time, I think we have Bradway & his boys like 25 years,lol. We can give Macc 5 and see where we are at. Let's pray he finds us a franchise QB. That might help us get a decent coach.

He took Hack in the 2nd round ENOUGH SAID 

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I think expecting a 2nd or 3rd for Sheldon is a pipe dream. His trade value is not high.

I think the Jets can easily get a third rounder for him.( I would do that if I was the Raiders- even if he 1 and 1/2 year rental). No way for anything higher with his past.

Who knows? None of us yet? Kid is really young. 

The one thing I'm sure as sh*t right now is that Bowles is NOT THE COACH to take this team forward. I don't like his wooden Indian act, I don't like his in game decisions, I don't like the fact that he brought Geno in down 28-3 instead of the start of the 3rd quarter! WTF has Bowles been watching the last 3 games? Fitz hasn't led the team to one single point in the 2nd half of the last 3 games, so he decides, hmm, I think Fitz will break out of his 0-24 slump TONIGHT. GTFOH! He's f*cking stupid!

I always say this isn't rocket science, look at the lovable goof ball Pete Carroll.

Just now, Jetster said:

Who knows? None of us yet? Kid is really young. 

The one thing I'm sure as sh*t right now is that Bowles is NOT THE COACH to take this team forward. I don't like his wooden Indian act, I don't like his in game decisions, I don't like the fact that he brought Geno in down 28-3 instead of the start of the 3rd quarter! WTF has Bowles been watching the last 3 games? Fitz hasn't led the team to one single point in the 2nd half of the last 3 games, so he decides, hmm, I think Fitz will break out of his 0-24 slump TONIGHT. GTFOH! He's f*cking stupid!

I always say this isn't rocket science, look at the lovable goof ball Pete Carroll.

I hear you i just see other rookie QB's around the league playing decent and ours isn't ready the one we chose in the 2nd round. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I hear you i just see other rookie QB's around the league playing decent and ours isn't ready the one we chose in the 2nd round. 

Dak isn't playing Seattle, KC on the road, Steelers on the road, Cardinals on the road.

It matters! He's also got a GREAT offensive line, a HOF TE, the best RB in football behind David Johnson.

Wentz is coming back to earth too. I like these guys. Jets circumstances aren't as good. Let's build the Oline, draft one more QB & let Petty, Hack & the new guy go at it. That's why I'd be happy getting Josh McDaniel. I mean, he actually got the most anyone could ever get out of Tebow, lol. We need to put a system in for our QBs that has sustainability. Chan Gailey is an old COOT.

I'd love to bring along our young WRs with a young QB, a young coach like Josh that can call plays as a head coach like Ariens, Andy Reed, Holmgren ect. Then you go after a Schwartz or someone like that if an entire coaching staff gets canned.

I don't think you trade interior pass rushers. I would like to see the Jets front look like this next year or even the rest of this year if they can find someone on the roster to rush the passer from the DE spot.

DE - Free Agent/Draft Pass Rusher

DT - Sheldon

NT L Williams

DE Wilkerson

WLB - Lee

MLB - Harris

SLB - Henderson

The problem is that we have an embarrassing set of riches at a 3-4 DE. We have 3, but only 2 can play at once. We don't fit in a 4-3 scheme.

We also have an embarrassing poverty at the LB position. With no true edge-rusher OLB.

Richardson is the most athletic of the 3, so they are trying to leverage his athleticism to help out at LB and keep the 3 of them on the field at the same time. Clearly it isn't working, but Bowles was trying to find a way to get them all productive at the same time.

At this point, I would play him a DE where he belongs. Rotate him with the other two and let him shine. They would be less tired and his stock would climb. I was thinking that should try him at FB again when we had the 3-1, but the egg-toss to Forte was nice too :-)

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I don't think you trade interior pass rushers. I would like to see the Jets front look like this next year or even the rest of this year if they can find someone on the roster to rush the passer from the DE spot.

He is going to want to make Mo money; they aren't going to pay 2 DL that money, so he is gone after next year anyway. I also don't think these guys are 4-3 guys. Finally, don't you want your MLB to be fast? So, he can run edge to edge?

Just now, bostonmajet said:

He is going to want to make Mo money; they aren't going to pay 2 DL that money, so he is gone after next year anyway. I also don't think these guys are 4-3 guys. Finally, don't you want your MLB to be fast? So, he can run edge to edge?

The way the contracts were worked on the DL, they will be able to keep all three pretty easily. The Jets are going to have a ton of cap space and it's not like there is anyone on this roster that we need to sign. lol 

Yes a MLB replacement should go on the list of needs in the draft - but no matter what we play, you are going to have to replace Harris in the next year or two.

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

The way the contracts were worked on the DL, they will be able to keep all three pretty easily. The Jets are going to have a ton of cap space and it's not like there is anyone on this roster that we need to sign. lol 

Yes a MLB replacement should go on the list of needs in the draft - but no matter what we play, you are going to have to replace Harris in the next year or two.

Sorry, I don't think you pay 3 people on the DL a third or quarter of your salary cap. You have to pick 2 IMO.

6 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Sorry, I don't think you pay 3 people on the DL a third or quarter of your salary cap. You have to pick 2 IMO.

Williams isn't due for a while and isn't making a ton. By that time he is due, Wilkerson can be renegotiated. We don't know what Sheldon will want - but I am guessing less than Wilkerson.

Archived