Why Jets' Todd Bowles doesn't want to fire Chan Gailey right now

Gas2No99

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Chan's offense is bad, but at least he has Fitz, an old, slow Forte, and Decker's injury to fall back on.

What's Bowles defense for producing an absolutely horrible, among-worst-in-NFL, Defense?

Bowles has elite talent.  And we're horrible on the D.

Firing Chan would be signing his own end-of-year-Termination papers.

Outside of Marshall, where exactly do we have elite talent?

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

There is actually, for starters Geno threw more TD'S than ints in that 1 game. Secondly, it was one game...not 22 like fitzpocolypse.

Why are you changing the subject? This discussion was about locking onto one receiver. Seems like Geno does that quite a bit too, no? And that's the only game where he saw significant playing time when Marshall was on the Jets. There are no other numbers to derive conclusions from.

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why are you changing the subject? This discussion was about locking onto one receiver. Seems like Geno does that quite a bit too, no? And that's the only game where he saw significant playing time when Marshall was on the Jets. There are no other numbers to derive conclusions from.

It's not changing the subject, it's about putting things into perspective. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Maybe it was Marshall's day with Geno given the match up. Problem is, we haven seen when it isn't Marshall's day and Geno make the adjustment away from his #1. The fact that you even made this comparison then tried to make it seem like Iowa's changing subjects is bad....but not nearly as bad as Fitz locking onto Marshall not matter what. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's not changing the subject, it's about putting things into perspective. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Maybe it was Marshall's day with Geno given the match up. Problem is, we haven seen when it isn't Marshall's day and Geno make the adjustment away from his #1. The fact that you even made this comparison then tried to make it seem like Iowa's changing subjects is bad....but not nearly as bad as Fitz locking onto Marshall not matter what. 

Yeah. Like always you have nothing of substance here. Continue on enjoying your days a person who was hoping the Jets would lose.

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

100pct. This team was built around their defense,  not the offense. If anyone should be fired, it's Rodgers, not Gailey. 

I agree. A defense that can't cover and has no pass rush has zero chance for success. And with the talent here there can be few reasons for the lack of said deficiencies.

5 hours ago, MaxAF said:

My observations of Fitz has been that he scans the defense before the play and looks for his best match up. At that point he stares down his target and throws to that receiver. I've been watching this week in and week out. He will occasionally dump off to his outlet receiver if he can't make that throw or tucks and runs it. I've almost never seen him scan the field and go through his progressions. Opposing defenses know this hence ...11INT's. Also since he has such a weak arm he has to release the ball early to get to the receiver. Dont know how many times the receivers have either stopped to get to the ball, run back to get the ball, had to take it out of the defenders hands or the receiver has to play defense to stop an interception. How can a coaching staff review game film week in and week out and not see this. If he never takes a snap in a Jets uniform again it will be OK with me. Gailys offense is not necessarily the problem other than they are guaranteed to run on 2nd down almost every series.

Thank you... this is totally accurate. The other is the Card defenders said which was repeated on the air that they knew he stares down BM and throws to him often - I read this week like 70%.  He was never that good and last year his WR bailed him out time and again not to mention the dropped potential INTS.  Good riddance... I wish they cut his ass now. 

Just now, SOJ said:

Thank you... this is totally accurate. The other is the Card defenders said which was repeated on the air that they knew he stares down BM and throws to him often - I read this week like 70%.  He was never that good and last year his WR bailed him out time and again not to mention the dropped potential INTS.  Good riddance... I wish they cut his ass now. 

One more thing I forgot... I am pretty sure CG what's to go deep but when you can not throw over 10 yards and to boot your inaccurate well his hands are essentially tied.   My problem is I am pretty sure that Geno is not going to be the answer either.

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The play calling has been horrendous granted a weak armed QB limits what you can do but we have seen nothing from this offense no TD's in 17 quarters of football not even a truck play its been the basic prevent offense thats why we are 1-5. 

Teams stack the box it puts a lot of pressure on the running game we need to get that going and I think with Geno Smith being able to stretch the field that will improve. 

The problem is that Geno stretches the field the wrong way. Those fifteen yard sacks don't help.

Just now, Tinstar said:

You really need to stop. Try and be the bigger person if you can .

You are right but the Geno Smith supporters have endured so much backlash and hate and we had to listen to all the Fitzpatrick rah rah stuff. 

But you right I'm gonna lay off Geno Smith is the starter and Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the bench where he belongs. 

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You are right but the Geno Smith supporters have endured so much backlash and hate and we had to listen to all the Fitzpatrick rah rah stuff. 

But you right I'm gonna lay off Geno Smith is the starter and Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the bench where he belongs. 

Thanks 

No beloved, thank you .

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Sit back and enjoy the  game Sunday hopefully they show your hero Ryan Fitzpatrick holding the clipboard where he belongs. 

He's not my hero, and I would never have resigned him. I would also not have benched him until after the ravens game if the offense didn't improved .

Basically the same personnel on the field as last year with some notable exceptions. No ivory. No Dbrick.  No Breno. We simply can't run the ball. There's a reason Dak Prescott is successful in his rookie year. A reason Sanchez was successfulin his first two years. If you don't have an elite QB, you need to be balanced on O. Forte was a force versus Buffalo and we won. We haven't run consistently since. And our QB can run an offense, but no way e can carry a team. 

Archived