Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Giving him an option and a trade kicker was market? Stop it.

Yes, I was talking about money being the market.  The option and trade kicker was likely for RFA purposes.

BTW, Ian Begley is reporting that the Knicks are negotiating with Scott Perry to be the new GM.  He's a long-time NBA executive who worked in Detroit under Dumars, OKC, Orlando and Sacramento.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Nothing says we know what we're doing more than hiring an incompetent yes man from Sacramento.

Putting aside whether he's a yes man or not, thinking that Scott Perry is incompetent is just plain stupid. You should educate yourself more about the Association.

32 minutes ago, SMC said:

Putting aside whether he's a yes man or not, thinking that Scott Perry is incompetent is just plain stupid. You should educate yourself more about the Association.

What makes him competent? Is he the guy that made all the good picks while the actual GM made the bad ones? 

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What makes him competent? Is he the guy that made all the good picks while the actual GM made the bad ones? 

He has only been with Sacramento since April, you nitwit.  While there the team draft Fox and Josh Jackson and signed George Hill. Again, educate yourself about the NBA and you'd know who Perry is.

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This franchise needs to be eliminated. They seriously make the Jets look like the Patriots. What a joke. 

In a European Premier League, but in the NBA, the Knicks make the Association so much money it's ridiculous.  The Jets are a fraction, percentage wise, of what they make for the NFL what the Knicks make for the NBA.  That's part of the problem.  If it was any other team they'd fade to obscurity.

Look how much coverage the team gets and they've won 1 playoff series in 17 years.  Name another team in any other sport that garners that much attention. 

4 hours ago, SMC said:

He has only been with Sacramento since April, you nitwit.  While there the team draft Fox and Josh Jackson and signed George Hill. Again, educate yourself about the NBA and you'd know who Perry is.

My extensive Wikipedia research also tells me that he was with the Pistons when they drafted Darko.

15 hours ago, SMC said:

Yes, I was talking about money being the market.  The option and trade kicker was likely for RFA purposes.

BTW, Ian Begley is reporting that the Knicks are negotiating with Scott Perry to be the new GM.  He's a long-time NBA executive who worked in Detroit under Dumars, OKC, Orlando and Sacramento.

I'm not going to pretend I follow NBA close enough to know who this is... I just like the fact that they've gone outside the "family" of Dolan-cronies. Boston radio has reported this as done, btw.

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Melo trade off lol. 

Paused, at least. 

I can't fault them for hitting the brakes - you don't hire a GM, then undermine him by trading away Melo in parallel to his on-boarding. Give him the reigns.

Rushing only benefits the other teams at this point, really.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Paused, at least. 

I can't fault them for hitting the brakes - you don't hire a GM, then undermine him by trading away Melo in parallel to his on-boarding. Give him the reigns.

Rushing only benefits the other teams at this point, really.

I'm not totally convinced they were actually gonna trade him( or he was even willing to waive the NTC) Everyone's first thoughts after the Phil firing was that Melo was staying. 

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'm not totally convinced they were actually gonna trade him( or he was even willing to waive the NTC) Everyone's first thoughts after the Phil firing was that Melo was staying. 

Could be. I dunno.

I continually struggle to understand how they can have a roster with Melo, and now KP, and fail so hard to be competitive. I also think the new GM should be able to hire his own coach, and if that means that Hornacek is gone - so be it.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Could be. I dunno.

I continually struggle to understand how they can have a roster with Melo, and now KP, and fail so hard to be competitive. I also think the new GM should be able to hire his own coach, and if that means that Hornacek is gone - so be it.

I think the easy answer there is they're not as good as everyone says they are(or think they are). KP, Melo, Hardaway at 70 mill and Lee...that's a logjam. Not to mention WHG and Noah. Porzingis doesnt really have a position and his current game overlaps with what Melo and Hardaway already do. And if you put him at center he's not as good as WHG.

1 hour ago, JohnnyHector said:

This joke of a franchise just blew their cap space on mediocre-at-best players and even then, the worst offseason move will be passing on Dennis Smith, Jr.

Don't sleep on Frank

In more good news, it's official: We are signing Steve Mills, the guy who stonewalled a previous GM candidate from hiring his own people and gave Ron Baker the full MLE and a player option, to a multi-year deal as team president. And we're giving up a second round pick for the vice president of the Sacramento Kings.

Go New York go New York go.