I'm Sorry Ryan ...

KRL

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not spin.  Net points actually matters when it comes to properly evaluating a season's performance.  That season, all of our wins were close games, and nearly all of our losses were blowouts.  That's indicative of a bad team, and a franchise shouldn't simply look at the bottom line of W-L record and determine it was an average season.  It wasn't.  It was a lousy season. 

And as a result of that flukey 8-win season, we got a crappy draft pick, extended Rex's contract another year unnecessarilly, AND went 4-12 the next season.  Savvier ownership would have recognized that that season was smoke and mirrors.  But our owner sucks. 

There was miles of difference between the 2015 Jets and 2013 Jets.  It's why people are willing to give Macc a shot, and maybe even Bowles, to correct things, whereas many here knew the 2014 Jets would suck under Idzik/Rex. 

And as a result of last year's non-playoff performance we got a crappy draft slot and brought back a piece of sh*t quarterback who plays like Ryan Leaf and thinks he's Joe Montana.

I can do this all day. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

And as a result of last year's non-playoff performance we got a crappy draft slot and brought back a piece of sh*t quarterback who plays like Ryan Leaf and thinks he's Joe Montana.

I can do this all day. 

Math is for nerds and stuff.  I get it.  You like surface-y things. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Amazing.  8-8 to 4-12 = 8 wins is fluky.  10-6 to 1-5 = 10 wins not fluky.

WTF?  lmfao  people are strange. 

Not saying this year's team isn't bad.  We've been outscored by 61 points so far this season, of course we suck.  I'm only arguing that last year's team was good and the 2013 team was terrible.  And it's a reason why Bowles/Macc probably deserve to not be on the hot seat just yet, whereas Rex should have been fired after 2013.  Macc and Bowles have had one good season and one half of a really bad season thus far. 

Both the 8-8 and 4-12 team were bad.

Get it?

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Stop spamming the board with the same nonsense post.

I bested you and you know it.

You are almost as bad at football talk as Pac is at mafia. 

He's unreal when it comes to his conquering millennial hipster QB.  All logic goes out the window. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

My math tells me we are 1-5 with Fitz as the starter in 2016.

My math tells me it's OK to give Macc and Bowles a shot to figure things out, and see what we have in Petty/Hack. 

My math also tells me Rex sucked, Geno Smith has always sucked, and I'm fine with never mentioning those names again.  Damn you for making me do so.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not saying this year's team isn't bad.  Only that last year's team was good.  And it's a reason why Bowles/Macc probably deserve to not be on the hot seat just yet.  They have one good season and one half of a really bad season thus far. 

Both the 8-8 and 4-12 team were bad.

Get it?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My math tells me it's OK to give Macc and Bowles a shot to figure things out, and see what we have in Petty/Hack. 

My math also tells me Rex sucked, Geno Smith has always sucked, and I'm fine with never mentioning those names again.  Damn you for making me do so.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Aww look, JiF and Klecko ganging up on the guy who's actually not stubborn enough to change his viewpoints as new information comes in.  Cute. 

That's what teammates do. They get each other's backs. They don't whine like little bitches about how unappreciated they are. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not saying other factors don't exist.  I'm just saying that when you have such a clear difference (outscoring opponents by 73 for a season rather than being outscored by 97), it's pretty clear that one team was legit good and the other was bad.  Pure W-L doesn't tell the whole story like JiF and Klecko are trying to argue. 

You're right.  When you look up Geno's 8-8 season on espn.com under his player profile - it will say 8-8 but it doesnt count because point differential. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed which is why I'm ready for Petty, as I've stated like 18 times this week. 

Jeezus. 

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WANT PETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUFFER WITH YOUR CONQUERING MILLENNIAL HIPSTER QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, JiF said:

You're right.  When you look up Geno's 8-8 season on espn.com under his player profile - it will say 8-8 but it doesnt count because point differential. 

I accept your apology.  Glad you finally understand it's no longer worth debating the merits of a 12-20 QB who won't play for the Jets again.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I accept your apology.  Glad you finally understand it's no longer worth debating the merits of a 12-20 QB who won't play for the Jets again.

I accept your apology.  Its like debating the merits of a 44-66-1 QB who should never take the field for the Jets again.

I liked him.  Still do.  One of the saddest cases of lost opportunity due to injury IMO.

Those injuries saved his legacy and always gave him the "what if" card to play. Fact of the matter is he played like a pussy and always did before and after the injury. If he never got injured his ceiling was Alex Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WANT PETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUFFER WITH YOUR CONQUERING MILLENNIAL HIPSTER QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petty/Hack being our future was always the ideal, even when Fitz was at his best, he was never our long-term option.  Of course I'm allowed to support the young QB's.  I've been consistent about 3 things here when it comes to our QB's:

* Fitz is a fine short-term option and better than Geno.

* Geno sucks and needed to not be a factor at all.

* Petty/Hack represented our long-term at the position, or else we likely need to start over with a new GM/HC.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I accept your apology.  Its like debating the merits of a 44-66-1 QB who should never take the field for the Jets again.

I think we just made a love connection!

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Nice straw?  I responded to a post that said the benching of Fitz was a Woody move.  How's that straw?  

Hiw many owners know the game of football?  Must be a huge list.  Now name one, a single owner who isn't involved when it's time to hire a staff.  So let's stop with that line of nonsense.  You spend a billion on a team and tell me no one would report to you.

As for the benching Bowles went back on nothing.  I watched and listened to his entire presser.  Initially he said things would remain but a short while later when pressed he clearly said he wasn't making a knee jerk decision right after a loss.  His words, along with he will go back to their offices and would watch video and make a decision after talking to his CS.  They talked about it in the post game show, that he left the perfect out and that they thought he would make the change.  So that theory goes too.

Again, was the move undeserved?  Should have happened earlier, who would ever question that aspect of the switch.   Could the move been made for financial gain?  No.  what's to gain? 

Ill say it again, it's easy to blame it on one person, easy to pin it on a meddling  owner but there has to be a reason and I don't see it here.

I will come back to you when I see better evidence of reading comprehension. 

31 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Ummm... in the 8-win season we outscored our opponents 8 times. In the 10-win season we did it 10 times. 

You can spin this bullsh*t anyway you want but at the end of the day it's all bullsh*t.

Fitzpatrick is playing like dogsh*t NOW. That's all that matters. 

So, you disagree that point differential is a stat that has meaning?

22 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I can do this all day. 

What does that have to do wit ha comparison of the 13 and 15 Jets?

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

So, you disagree that point differential is a stat that has meaning?

As of this moment it doesn't. I couldn't care less about the relative merits of the 2013 and 2015 Jets. 

I only care about what it's going to take to turn this team around and if I have to see Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick start much longer I'm going postal. 

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Last year was 2015, can you read?

yeah, the 15 JEts are the 2015 Jets.  I am sorry if I confused you.

Well, not really, but...

As far as Ryan Fitzpatrick is concerned, we get you hate him.  How many more times do you want to post the same thing?

Just now, Big Blocker said:

yeah, the 15 JEts are the 2015 Jets.  I am sorry if I confused you.

Well, not really, but...

As far as Ryan Fitzpatrick is concerned, we get you hate him.  How many more times do you want to post the same thing?

I'm not Jetsfan80. All of my posts have been different. 

Go back and read 80's post and then my response. This is a test to see if arguing with you is worth my time. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

I'm not Jetsfan80. All of my posts have been different. 

Go back and read 80's post and then my response. This is a test to see if arguing with you is worth my time. 

As far as what you do with your time, don't let a "conversation" with me, or anybody else for that matter, stop you from posting another 100 or so "I HATE FITZ!" posts.   I would never want to get in the way of that.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not saying other factors don't exist.  I'm just saying that when you have such a clear difference (outscoring opponents by 73 for a season rather than being outscored by 97), it's pretty clear that one team was legit good and the other was bad.  Pure W-L doesn't tell the whole story like JiF and Klecko are trying to argue. 

In 2013 the Jets had a 40 pt loss to the Bengals a 25 pt loss to the Titans and a 23 pt loss to the Bills that makes up most of the 97 to the downside

In 2015 we beat the Titans by 22, Browns by 21 and Dolphins by 18 again accounting for much of the 73pt difference to the upside.

A handful of games skewed the net results of a small sample size.  I don't think pts alone is a valid metric to prove or disprove your point.

Archived