- I do believe you pre-determine who you're going to throw to before the snap
is in your hands

- I do believe you consistently miss open receivers because you refuse to 
scan the field

- I do believe you must be the most delusional QB in the entire league.  First
you held out all off-season thinking you were going to be in high demand.  Then
you have the nerve to call out the front office because they FINALLY held you
accountable for your bad/reckless play

Grow up take responsiblity for your crappy play and shut your mouth.  You should
be embarrassed by that display yesterday

What nonsense.

The guy was asked about his unusual day, he cracked a joke about the Wildcat and talked about life as an NFL journeyman, something he has a lot of experience with.

Did you actually watch the press conference?

SAR I

21 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Yes. Did you?

The mark of a true leader is to get up on your high horse at a press conference broadcast for the world to see and call out the entire organization from top to bottom.  You know, the same organization paying you 12 mil to be the absolute worst in the league at your position.  It's a great example to set for all the young QB's he's mentoring and really shows the rest of the team how to be accountable for your play. 

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

The mark of a true leader is to get up on your high horse at a press conference broadcast for the world to see and call out the entire organization from top to bottom.  You know, the same organization paying you 12 mil to be the absolute worst in the league at your position.  It's a great example to set for all the young QB's he's mentoring and really shows the rest of the team how to be accountable for your play. 

It was a privilege to watch the Jets' QB talking up there. 

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It was a privilege to watch the Jets' QB talking up there. 

You know, at least Chad wasnt bad mouthing the entire organization during that rant.  As big of a Dbag as he was, I dont think he'd ever put his entire team on blast in a press conference and play the woe is me card like that. 

I wish Mac would just cut or trade him. I hate Fitz so much YOU PUT YOURSELF ON THE BENCH BECAUSE YOU FLAUNTED AROUND NYC LIKE SOME SUPERSTAR THIS OFFSEASON INSTEAD OF PREPARING. NOW YOU WHINE AND BLAME OTHERS WHEN THEY BENCH YOU AFTER THROWING 11 PICKS. YOU ARE AWFUL AND I HATE YOU

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

You know, at least Chad wasnt bad mouthing the entire organization during that rant.  As big of a Dbag as he was, I dont think he'd ever put his entire team on blast in a press conference and play the woe is me card like that. 

Did you actually just say something not negative about Chad Pennington?

You Penningtonologist! 

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

No, Chad just kept his locker room lawyer talk private, which is why his teammates hated him.

Fitz had a terrible moment up there, and lost a lot of respect in my eyes.  But he's no Chad Pennington.  Pennington was on another level of douchedom.  If your own teammates despise you you truly suck as both a QB AND a person.  SEE:  Cutler, Jay. 

It's very strange how history has been so kind to Chad.  He's barely above Sanchez on the list of Jet QB's. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, Chad just kept his locker room lawyer talk private, which is why his teammates hated him.

Fitz had a terrible moment up there, and lost a lot of respect in my eyes.  But he's no Chad Pennington.  Pennington was on another level of douchedom.  If your own teammates despise you you truly suck as both a QB AND a person.  SEE:  Cutler, Jay. 

It's very strange how history has been so kind to Chad.  He's barely above Sanchez on the list of Jet QB's. 

Nobody hated this man:

chad-pennington-goes-crazy-o.gif

Fitz made some dumb comments. And if the Jets win their next 3 games no one will remember them. In fact, even if the Jets continue to play the way they've played most of the season and lose all three games, no one will be talking about the comments Fitz made after a game on October 23rd. People will talk the subject to death over the next couple of days, but it just doesn't matter much -- almost not at all. That's the way it works in 2016 -- in professional sports, in this 24-hour media, sports talk radio, environment. Particularly in New York. The ONLY way this will matter is if Fitz continues to make similar dumb comments (see Donald Trump), or if his teammates suddenly turn on him for reasons that were revealed in his comments (being a selfish, me-first guy). Neither thing seems likely. 

I'm not saying any of this to say that Fitz's comments were wise. Or justified. Or that he'll be back next year. Or that he's good enough to lead the Jets on a long winning streak. I think Fitz and the Jets have big problems (primary among them, I think Bowles is in way over his head as a head coach). But I am pointing all this out just to say there is no need to over-react to the over-reaction. It'll all be forgotten soon, and it really doesn't matter much.

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

We're not winning our next three games. 

That's probably true. And in my next sentence I said no one will remember Fitz's comments even if we lose. I've watched this kind of "story" over and over and over. Just saw it with the Mets this summer. It doesn't matter!

Just now, Gaffneycatch said:

That's probably true. And in my next sentence I said no one will remember Fitz's comments even if we lose. I've watched this kind of "story" over and over and over. Just saw it with the Mets this summer. It doesn't matter!

I won't forget. Therefore your whole premise is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I won't forget. Therefore your whole premise is wrong. 

I don't know you (other than reading what you say on this board occasionally), so I can't say what you will or won't do. But I think you misunderstand my premise. By far the vast majority of the media and Jets fans will not base their overall opinion of this season or Ryan Fitzpatrick on some dumb, out of character, comments that he made after getting benched during a miserable season. And, honestly, I'm not even saying one way is right and one is wrong -- it may be that Fitz is kind of a me-first, selfish dude. Certainly, he seems to overvalue himself. But very rarely does one small incident leave a lasting imprint on the big picture of a player (his play is what leaves the lasting imprint). If it does for you, more power to you. A lot of these guys are overly-entitled and immature, so judge them however you want. But you must have a very short list of guys you really support.

9 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch said:

By far the vast majority of the media and Jets fans will not base their overall opinion of this season or Ryan Fitzpatrick on some dumb, out of character, comments that he made after getting benched during a miserable season.

No, I'll base my opinion of him on what I have always based my opinion of him on - his spectacularly sh*tty play. 

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Whether you agree with him or not, he has put the target clearly on his back

The target on his back? For who? Other teams don't give a sh*t what he said. Management was done with him after this season anyway (unless he suddenly turned into Tom Brady he wasn't getting resigned). And his teammates seem to support him and probably aren't going to stop due to him venting some frustration (even if that frustration was unwarranted). So, I guess that leaves the fans and the media. lf you're talking about them, then I guess I agree -- because of these comments he'll get slammed even more than he would have if he continues his awful play. But really, he was going to get slammed if that continues either way. These comments might give him a little bit less room, but he was pretty much out of room as it was.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:21 AM, johnnysd said:

That was awesome and 200% true. I made a thread on it too. Fitz is a loser. Always has been, but he is like a politician that uses his charisma to fool people. He has never been about the team he is about him. Amazing that Geno is being the mature one.

Actually, he has no charisma either.

Why must all the Jets QB's be dooshes? I thought at least we had a character guy in Fitz, if not talent. Pffft 

BTW did he happen to mention that Jet fans also had lost faith in him? Or did he just forget about us?

9 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Not in this case.

I don't know enough about him to say for sure. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ryan Fitzpatrick has gotten as far as he has in the NFL BECAUSE he overvalues himself and is delusional about his own talents and flaws. In other words, there's a good chance he would be worse if he wasn't delusional.

As for the idiot part -- well, he certainly plays in an idiotic way on the field sometimes. But it's a very thin line between stupid and inspired (see Brett Favre, "the gunslinger"). So, yeah, when you cross the line from bold into stupid, it's not an asset. But, when it works, it gets you ... well, in this case, it gets you $12 million per year.

the Key phrase in Fitz' presser was "when the owner loses faith" 

Is anyone else going to wonder why the Owner, who can't tell his ass from his elbow, is making lineup decisions over the actual football people? 

Why hire these guys if you don't trust them to do a job? 

Woody wanted Geno to get the start at home and he got it. Now what?  

In a world where Geno Smith literally curses out the fans after a home loss to Detroit, I don't mind Fitz' venting. 

And I'll take it one further I don't care if Fitz throws 100 interceptions and holds a press conference after each and every one, blasting everyone. He's still better than Geno Smith. Both of these guys can lose in KC and both of them can beat CLE this week. Neither one are the answer. 

Fitz is a terrible pro but at least he's a Pro. Geno got hurt doing what he does, holding the  ball forever and panicking after his first read wasn't open. 

Geno is the bad luck, hard luck, mush, jinx of NFL Football. Nothing Geno Smith does ever ends up positively. I don't care how many starts he gets with how many new weaponz it's always the same Geno. 

Unless it's a game in the Orange Bowl, then he's awesome. 

Archived