I'm Sorry Ryan ...

KRL

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Key phrase in Fitz' presser was "when the owner loses faith" 

Is anyone else going to wonder why the Owner, who can't tell his ass from his elbow, is making lineup decisions over the actual football people? 

Why hire these guys if you don't trust them to do a job? 

Woody wanted Geno to get the start at home and he got it. Now what?  

In a world where Geno Smith literally curses out the fans after a home loss to Detroit, I don't mind Fitz' venting. 

And I'll take it one further I don't care if Fitz throws 100 interceptions and holds a press conference after each and every one, blasting everyone. He's still better than Geno Smith. 

That guy is the bad luck hard luck mush of NFL Football. Nothing Geno Smith does ever ends up positively.

Unless it's a game in the Orange Bowl, then he's awesome. 

I think you're right about the key phrase being about the owner. And if it was Woody behind that decision, it explains the poor timing. I'm all for benching a guy who has no future with the team once the season is DONE ... like totally done. But if you start him for those first 6 games (against those opponents), you gotta give him at least one more week once the easier part of the schedule hits. It was a game too early, and I'd been blaming Bowles for (once again, in my opinion) not having a feel for how to run a team. But it makes more sense if was clueless Woody.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I liked him.  Still do.  One of the saddest cases of lost opportunity due to injury IMO.

The Raider playoff game exposed him, before he ever suffered any of his subsequent injuries.  Even if he'd have been healthy, the NFL by and large already had him figured out. 

It's one thing if you suffer a completely unexpected career-ending injury.  Chad wasn't a tragic case like that.  He was just a fragile guy who couldn't stay healthy.  The game has a lot of those guys (Sam Bradford comes to mind), and it's a mark against him, not something that's sad.  If you can't stay healthy in the game, you don't get to play or be considered great.  It's part of the game. 

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Key phrase in Fitz' presser was "when the owner loses faith" 

Is anyone else going to wonder why the Owner, who can't tell his ass from his elbow, is making lineup decisions over the actual football people? 

Why hire these guys if you don't trust them to do a job? 

Woody wanted Geno to get the start at home and he got it. Now what?  

In a world where Geno Smith literally curses out the fans after a home loss to Detroit, I don't mind Fitz' venting. 

And I'll take it one further I don't care if Fitz throws 100 interceptions and holds a press conference after each and every one, blasting everyone. He's still better than Geno Smith. Both of these guys can lose in KC and both of them can beat CLE this week. Neither one are the answer. 

Fitz is a terrible pro but at least he's a Pro. Geno got hurt doing what he does, holding the  ball forever and panicking after his first read wasn't open. 

Geno is the bad luck, hard luck, mush, jinx of NFL Football. Nothing Geno Smith does ever ends up positively. I don't care how many starts he gets with how many new weaponz it's always the same Geno. 

Unless it's a game in the Orange Bowl, then he's awesome. 

This is pure poopoo.  You like one guy and dont like the other.  Why not just say that instead of acting like anything above is justified?

You can literally swap the name Geno for Fitz in every single spot on his diarrhea of a post and its the exact same post.

Except the Orange Bowl part because Fitz sucks and has never won anything in his life. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is pure poopoo.  You like one guy and dont like the other.  Why not just say that instead of acting like anything above is justified?

You can literally swap the name Geno for Fitz in every single spot on his diarrhea of a post and its the exact same post.

Except the Orange Bowl part because Fitz sucks and has never won anything in his life. 

I so wish I could rep this more then once.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

one guy won 10 games last season the other couldn't even make it through his first start. 

it's not a pretty comparison but they made the right call resigning Fitz. Geno is worthless. The idea of Geno's potential was the only advantage he had over Fitz. The unrealistic hope he'd suddenly be awesome.

everyone else in the roster knew Fitz was better. Woody just had to step in and meddle, again.  

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

How was it pure poopoo?  Fitzpatrick referred to the owner.  Now I am not saying that Woody is incapable of doing anything right.  But there;s some indication that Woody made the Qb change decision, and in that respect his involvement is to be questioned. 

This is a far bigger issue than Fitzpatrick.  Like retaining Rex when he was searching for a new GM, ending up retaining Idzik.  The Tebow trade.  Before that firing Mangini because Favre got hurt.  Revis leaving, then coming back.  It's  long list.

You can disagree about any single move Woody has made, meaning on this or that issue you agreed with Woody.  But it should be clear enough Woody getting involved in football decisions is, for the most part, worse then drawing a lottery here and letting one of our regular posters make the decision instead.

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

one guy won 10 games last season the other couldn't even make it through his first start. 

it's not a pretty comparison but they made the right call resigning Fitz. Geno is worthless. The idea of Geno's potential was the only advantage he had over Fitz. The unrealistic hope he'd suddenly be awesome.

everyone else in the roster knew Fitz was better. Woody just had to step in and meddle, again.  

Geno won 8 games his rookie season.  The other guy didnt win 8 games till his 11th year in the NFL.

It was 100% not the right call to sign the millennial hipster QB.  That was a stick in the mud move that stupid organizations like the Jets make.  The right move was to give the season to pursue that hope whether it be Geno, Hack or Petty because the sh*t bag millennial hipster QB provides no hope and here we are.  

Just say, I hate Geno and I like Ryan.  All this other stuff you're saying is just pure poopoo.  

So because a whining, bitter & disappointed Fitz referenced everyone losing faith in him, including Woody, as has happened to him before, this proves the move was orchestrated by Woody?  lol because benching Fitz was undeserved and unwarranted?  Never would be a coaches decision?  How about Maccs decision then?  He was mentioned.  Better yet, the move was a sure fire piece of PR brilliance?  Had to happen at home.  Why?  Because everyone loves Geno and was screaming to give him a try?  They would sell 4 extra tickets?  And a tee?

Geno sure looked like a QB who could have saved us 12mil.  No stupid forced throws to 1 WR, his arm immediately made the Ravens respect the pass and helped open the run game.   Is he great?  No, but didnt have to be to be a viable option over Fitz.  

Its too lazy and easy to just blame everything on Woody.

22 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

How was it pure poopoo?  Fitzpatrick referred to the owner.  Now I am not saying that Woody is incapable of doing anything right.  But there;s some indication that Woody made the Qb change decision, and in that respect his involvement is to be questioned. 

This is a far bigger issue than Fitzpatrick.  Like retaining Rex when he was searching for a new GM, ending up retaining Idzik.  The Tebow trade.  Before that firing Mangini because Favre got hurt.  Revis leaving, then coming back.  It's  long list.

You can disagree about any single move Woody has made, meaning on this or that issue you agreed with Woody.  But it should be clear enough Woody getting involved in football decisions is, for the most part, worse then drawing a lottery here and letting one of our regular posters make the decision instead.

Pure poopoo.  Just like this post.

Woody wanted Fitz.  Now what? 

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also we need @Bleedin Green for this one. 

As soon as I saw that was mentioned in this thread, I knew it had taken a turn for the noodle.

Bottom line, ole Pennyboy had one "good" season to his name for the Jets, his first one as a starter.  From there it was mostly a matter of pure mediocrity.  The repeated injuries actually provided heaps of evidence of the kind of difference he made on the team, and it is still that 2002 year that is the only time the team actually saw greater success with him than the variety of sh*tty backups the Jets had over those years like Old Vinny, Quincy friggin' Carter, Bollywood, and Clemens.  In 2003 it was 2-4 without Penny, 4-6 with him.  2004 was 9-6 with him, 2-1 without. 2005 was 1-2 with, 3-10 without.  And to cap it all off, in 2007 it was 1-8 with him, and 3-4 without.  So basically, with the exception of that 2002 year, he never actually showed any greater value than any other has-been or never-was that they had.

At least this time it seems like the team will be smart enough to give up on their one-hit wonder after only one crappy season from the modern-day noodle, rather than still thinking 6th time would be the charm.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

As soon as I saw that was mentioned in this thread, I knew it had taken a turn for the noodle.

Bottom line, ole Pennyboy had one "good" season to his name for the Jets, his first one as a starter.  From there it was mostly a matter of pure mediocrity.  The repeated injuries actually provided heaps of evidence of the kind of difference he made on the team, and it is still that 2002 year that is the only time the team actually saw greater success with him than the variety of sh*tty backups the Jets had over those years like Old Vinny, Quincy friggin' Carter, Bollywood, and Clemens.  In 2003 it was 2-4 without Penny, 4-6 with him.  2004 was 9-6 with him, 2-1 without. 2005 was 1-2 with, 3-10 without.  And to cap it all off, in 2007 it was 1-8 with him, and 3-4 without.  So basically, with the exception of that 2002 year, he never actually showed any greater value than any other has-been or never-was that they had.

At least this time it seems like the team will be smart enough to give up on their one-hit wonder after only one crappy season from the modern-day noodle, rather than still thinking 6th time would be the charm.

ACM - ACTIVATE!

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Geno won 8 games his rookie season.  The other guy didnt win 8 games till his 11th year in the NFL.

Just how many times are you going to post about Geno's 8-win season as if it matters?  It really doesn't.  He was bad, the team was bad, the 8 wins was a statistical anomaly.  Just like us missing the postseason with 10 wins was also a statistical anomaly. 

Of all the many arguments in your arsenal to prove that Fitz sucks, you always pick this one. 

Much easier just to say the following:  Geno's first season was not good.  Fitz's first season here WAS good.  But much like Geno's 2nd season was also bad, Fitz's 2nd season is bad. 

Neither were ever a long-term answer for this franchise.  Go Petty Go. 

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So because a whining, bitter & disappointed Fitz referenced everyone losing faith in him, including Woody, as has happened to him before, this proves the move was orchestrated by Woody?  lol because benching Fitz was undeserved and unwarranted?  Never would be a coaches decision?  How about Maccs decision then?  He was mentioned.  Better yet, the move was a sure fire piece of PR brilliance?  Had to happen at home.  Why?  Because everyone loves Geno and was screaming to give him a try?  They would sell 4 extra tickets?  And a tee?

Geno sure looked like a QB who could have saved us 12mil.  No stupid forced throws to 1 WR, his arm immediately made the Ravens respect the pass and helped open the run game.   Is he great?  No, but didnt have to be to be a viable option over Fitz.  

Its too lazy and easy to just blame everything on Woody.

Nice straw man.  Nobody is blaming EVERYTHING on Woody.

But he is an owner who knows sh1t about football who has a proven track record of involving himself in football decisions. To no good net effect.

A fish rots from the head.  An owner who involves himself in football decisions leaves himself open to criticism if the end product sucks.  THis is not complicated.

As for the benching Fitz move, again the point is not whether you agreed with it. Bowles went back on his initial decision, and there were reports it's what Woody wanted.  It certainly fit his pattern.  Do I KNOW it was Woodys decision?  No, and you don't know it wasn't.  but it sure looks like it.

There is a real concern as fans of the Jets with whether Woody is making these decisions.  Feel free to disagree, but it has nothing to do with blaming him if it starts raining during the game.

16 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I agree, and of course his inability to stay on the field made a wreck of strategic planning for the O.  But it was really the Raiders game that exposed him.  Even when healthy he was never the great prospect that too many saw him as after that.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're talking conspiracy theories but you want a rational discussion?

And on another point, it is not a "conspiracy theory" here.  IF and only if Woody clearly was an owner who did not get into any football issues, like the owner of the Ravens, or who did but did so based on some ability to make a contribution, like say the Rooneys or Bowlens, it would be a different situation.  But Woody clearly has involved himself in such decisions over the years.  That being the case I don't have the burden of proof to show his non-involvement when it comes to running the team.

Feel free to disagree, but it is to be clear not poo poo.

6 hours ago, Powpow said:

I do believe they believed in him since they paid him 12 million. That's a lot of belief.  I should be so delusional. Maybe I could get a date with Jessica Alba.

I'd pay for a limo to take Hillary Clinton out on a double date with you guys ... As long as At the restaurant you & Jess got out first!

15 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Nice straw man.  Nobody is blaming EVERYTHING on Woody.

But he is an owner who knows sh1t about football who has a proven track record of involving himself in football decisions. To no good net effect.

A fish rots from the head.  An owner who involves himself in football decisions leaves himself open to criticism if the end product sucks.  THis is not complicated.

As for the benching Fitz move, again the point is not whether you agreed with it. Bowles went back on his initial decision, and there were reports it's what Woody wanted.  It certainly fit his pattern.  Do I KNOW it was Woodys decision?  No, and you don't know it wasn't.  but it sure looks like it.

There is a real concern as fans of the Jets with whether Woody is making these decisions.  Feel free to disagree, but it has nothing to do with blaming him if it starts raining during the game.

Nice straw?  I responded to a post that said the benching of Fitz was a Woody move.  How's that straw?  

Hiw many owners know the game of football?  Must be a huge list.  Now name one, a single owner who isn't involved when it's time to hire a staff.  So let's stop with that line of nonsense.  You spend a billion on a team and tell me no one would report to you.

As for the benching Bowles went back on nothing.  I watched and listened to his entire presser.  Initially he said things would remain but a short while later when pressed he clearly said he wasn't making a knee jerk decision right after a loss.  His words, along with he will go back to their offices and would watch video and make a decision after talking to his CS.  They talked about it in the post game show, that he left the perfect out and that they thought he would make the change.  So that theory goes too.

Again, was the move undeserved?  Should have happened earlier, who would ever question that aspect of the switch.   Could the move been made for financial gain?  No.  what's to gain? 

Ill say it again, it's easy to blame it on one person, easy to pin it on a meddling  owner but there has to be a reason and I don't see it here.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Nice straw?  I responded to a post that said the benching of Fitz was a Woody move.  How's that straw?  

Hiw many owners know the game of football?  Must be a huge list.  Now name one, a single owner who isn't involved when it's time to hire a staff.  So let's stop with that line of nonsense.  You spend a billion on a team and tell me no one would report to you.

As for the benching Bowles went back on nothing.  I watched and listened to his entire presser.  Initially he said things would remain but a short while later when pressed he clearly said he wasn't making a knee jerk decision right after a loss.  His words, along with he will go back to their offices and would watch video and make a decision after talking to his CS.  They talked about it in the post game show, that he left the perfect out and that they thought he would make the change.  So that theory goes too.

Again, was the move undeserved?  Should have happened earlier, who would ever question that aspect of the switch.   Could the move been made for financial gain?  No.  what's to gain? 

Ill say it again, it's easy to blame it on one person, easy to pin it on a meddling  owner but there has to be a reason and I don't see it here.

I think the selling point for me is Fitz saying that the GM, coach and guess who else lost faith in him.  Why would he mention the owner?  Does he talk to Woody or did someone tell him that?

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just how many times are you going to post about Geno's 8-win season as if it matters?  It really doesn't.  He was bad, the team was bad, the 8 wins was a statistical anomaly.  Just like us missing the postseason with 10 wins was also a statistical anomaly. 

Of all the many arguments in your arsenal to prove that Fitz sucks, you always pick this one. 

Much easier just to say the following:  Geno's first season was not good.  Fitz's first season here WAS good.  But much like Geno's 2nd season was also bad, Fitz's 2nd season is bad. 

Neither were ever a long-term answer for this franchise.  Go Petty Go. 

Bit told me that Fitz won 10 games last year which has just as much meaning as Geno was 8-8 as a rookie.  I didnt just bring it up from thin air. 

And we wouldnt be having these stupid conversation if your conquering hero didnt sucks balls.  

56 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I am talking about a track record of Woody involving himself in football decisions.

Why was Rex Ryan retained before Idzik was hired?

It didnt take Woody Johnson's involvement to decide to bench the worst QB in the NFL.  And if it did, good.  Kudos for smacking his stupid HC in the face.

48 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

And on another point, it is not a "conspiracy theory" here.  IF and only if Woody clearly was an owner who did not get into any football issues, like the owner of the Ravens, or who did but did so based on some ability to make a contribution, like say the Rooneys or Bowlens, it would be a different situation.  But Woody clearly has involved himself in such decisions over the years.  That being the case I don't have the burden of proof to show his non-involvement when it comes to running the team.

Feel free to disagree, but it is to be clear not poo poo.

I work for Steve Bisciotti, he 100% is involved in Football decisions just like most people who own a business ie; Woody.Johnson

Bit made one point about Woody.  It was poopoo point in this situation.  The rest of the post had nothing to do with Woody.  And it was all poopoo.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Bit told me that Fitz won 10 games last year which has just as much meaning as Geno was 8-8 as a rookie.  I didnt just bring it up from thin air.

And as I've described to you many times, the 10-win season WAS meaningful, whereas the 8-win season was not. 

Last year's 10-win team outscored opponents overall by 73 points.  Thus, it was a LEGIT 10 wins. 

In 2013, that 8-win team was outscored by 97 points, which is more reflective of a 5-win team.  Normally you'd expect a LEGIT 8-8 type of team to have about as many points as their opponents, but that was not the case.  In short, about 3 of our wins were extremely lucky, whereas the 2015 Jets actually outplayed the opposition on a consistent basis. 

Certainly feel free to credit last year's team to the defense, the schedule, and Brandon Marshall if you wish, but it was no fluke.  We had a playoff-caliber team last season.  Only 14 % of the time does a 10-win team miss the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the 2013 Jets that went 8-8 was indeed flukey.  And that was confirmed the next season when they went 4-12 with basically the same roster. 

The 10-6 2015 Jets would most certainly have beaten the 2013 8-8 Jets by at least 10 points and probably by 20+.  For whatever that's worth. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And as I've described to you many times, the 10-win season WAS meaningful, whereas the 8-win season was not. 

Last year's 10-win team outscored opponents overall by 73 points.  Thus, it was a LEGIT 10 wins. 

In 2013, that 8-win season was outscored by 97 points, which is more reflective of a 5-win team.  Normally you'd expect a LEGIT 8-8 type of team to have about as many points as their opponents, but that was not the case.  In short, about 3 of our wins were extremely lucky, whereas the 2015 Jets actually outplayed the opposition on a consistent basis. 

Certainly feel free to credit last year's team to the defense, the schedule, and Brandon Marshall if you wish, but it was no fluke.  We had a playoff-caliber team last season.  Only 14 % of the time does a 10-win team miss the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the 2013 Jets that went 8-8 was indeed flukey.  And that was confirmed the next season when they went 4-12 with basically the same roster. 

Ummm... in the 8-win season we outscored our opponents 8 times. In the 10-win season we did it 10 times. 

You can spin this bullsh*t anyway you want but at the end of the day it's all bullsh*t.

Fitzpatrick is playing like dogsh*t NOW. That's all that matters. 

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Ummm... in the 8-win season we outscored our opponents 8 times. In the 10-win season we did it 10 times. 

You can spin this bullsh*t anyway you want but at the end of the day it's all bullsh*t.

It's not spin.  Net points actually matters when it comes to properly evaluating a season's performance.  That season, all of our wins were close games, and nearly all of our losses were blowouts.  That's indicative of a bad team, and a franchise shouldn't simply look at the bottom line of W-L record and determine it was an average season.  It wasn't.  It was a lousy season. 

And as a result of that flukey 8-win season, we got a crappy draft pick, extended Rex's contract another year unnecessarilly, AND went 4-12 the next season.  Savvier ownership would have recognized that that season was smoke and mirrors.  But our owner sucks. 

There was miles of difference between the 2015 Jets and 2013 Jets.  It's why people are willing to give Macc a shot, and maybe even Bowles, to correct things, whereas many here knew the 2014 Jets would suck under Idzik/Rex. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not spin.  Net points actually matters when it comes to properly evaluating a season's performance.  And as a result of that flukey 8-win season, we got a crappy draft pick, extended Rex's contract another year unnecessarilly, AND went 4-12 the next season.  Savvier ownership would have recognized that that season was smoke and mirrors.  But our owner sucks. 

There was miles of difference between the 2015 Jets and 2013 Jets.  It's why people are willing to give Macc a shot, and maybe even Bowles, to correct things, whereas many here knew the 2014 Jets would suck under Idzik/Rex. 

So where does your net points formula take into account quality of opposition. Last season the Jets feasted on some pretty craptastic defenses.  As Klecko stated above you can twist stats anyway you want to fit your agenda.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Last year's 10-win season outscored opponents by 73 points.  Thus, it was a LEGIT 10 wins. 

In 2013, that 8-win season was outscored by 97 points, which is more reflective of a 5-win team. 

Certainly feel free to credit last year's team to the defense and Brandon Marshall if you wish, but it was no fluke.  We had a playoff-caliber team last season.  Only 14 % of the time does a 10-win team miss the playoffs.

No.  It wasnt meaningful.  No matter how tight you close your eyes and scream it meant something.  It didnt.  

Meanwhile, we're 1-5 with Fitz as the starter and he has basically the same roster but better!  Yet it confirms last season how exactly?  It was his first time ever winning more than 6 games.  His sample size of sh*t is 10x larger than Geno's and he's currently the worst starter in the NFL.

Neither season matter because they both fell short of the playoffs.  Only difference is, one was led by a rookie on the worst team in league and  the other led by an 11 year vet on one of the most loaded teams in the league.  But at the end of the day, they both suck.  So who cares? 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So where does your net points formula take into account quality of opposition. Last season the Jets feasted on some pretty craptastic defenses.  As Klecko stated above you can twist stats anyway you want to fit your agenda.

I'm not saying other factors don't exist.  I'm just saying that when you have such a clear difference (outscoring opponents by 73 for a season rather than being outscored by 97), it's pretty clear that one team was legit good and the other was bad.  Pure W-L doesn't tell the whole story like JiF and Klecko are trying to argue. 

Just now, JiF said:

No.  It wasnt meaningful.  No matter how tight you close your eyes and scream it meant something.  It didnt.  

Meanwhile, we're 1-5 with Fitz as the starter and he has basically the same roster but better!  Yet it confirms last season how exactly?  It was his first time ever winning more than 6 games.  His sample size of sh*t is 10x larger than Geno's and he's currently the worst starter in the NFL.

Neither season matter because they both fell short of the playoffs.  Only difference is, one was led by a rookie on the worst team in league and  the other led by an 11 year vet on one of the most loaded teams in the league.  But at the end of the day, they both suck.  So who cares? 

Math is for nerds and stuff.  I get it.  You like surface-y things. 

9 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Amazing.  8-8 to 4-12 = 8 wins is fluky.  10-6 to 1-5 = 10 wins not fluky.

WTF?  lmfao  people are strange. 

Archived