Fire Bowles: MERGED

choon328

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If they want to win games they would've went away from Fitz for good bc he's single-handedly cost us 3 games this year, at least. So it's not about getting Petty reps, it's about giving the team the best chance to win. Why do we have to watch Fitz blow another game to finally get him to move on from him? It's pointless. He's hurting the team so you make a change. It's pretty damn simple. 

The Jets made a change and Geno got hurt.

It's kinda obvious they don't feel Hack is ready and I don't think they like Petty as much as this message board does....

You make a change if you feel like the next guy can come in and play better. The Jets don't seem to feel that way about Bryce. That should kind of tell you something about a 4th round pick who played in a college offense at Baylor. He might not have progressed as much as they hoped he would.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Jets made a change and Geno got hurt.

It's kinda obvious they don't feel Hack is ready and I don't think they like Petty as much as this message board does....

You make a change if you feel like the next guy can come in and play better. The Jets don't seem to feel that way about Bryce. That should kind of tell you something about a 4th round pick who played in a college offense at Baylor. He might not have progressed as much as they hoped he would.

The Jets coaching staff and Mike Maccagnan are MORONS 

The GM drafted 2 QB's, and based on the fact they came into this season as the 3rd string and "other" on the depth chart behind ryan ******* fitzpatrick and geno ******* smith and they had to have a mini-competition to pick the back up recently means we have a couple scenarios to face;

The career scout has no idea what he is looking at (in the recent dak prescott article hackenberg wasn't even on the cowboys boards ahead of 4th round pick prescott)

or

The head coach and O.C. had no interest in developing the young QB's (base on Gaileys comments about hack motion not being a first year priority and petty learning from playing madden) or are incapable of doing it.

either way this team is ****ed.  bowles will go first, then macc, but that may take 2-3 years

this is like realizing you are not even half way through Grease 2 but you have to stay and watch until the credits are done

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Again with this moron. Fire his ass tomorrow. He's too stupid to coach.

I can't happen too soon for me. And I have been defending him most of this season, but today was the end of the line for me. Totally clueless as to what the offense is doing and equally clueless to players giving less than 100 percent (Hear that Calvin Pryor?)

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

I can't happen too soon for me. And I have been defending him most of this season, but today was the end of the line for me. Totally clueless as to what the offense is doing and equally clueless to players giving less than 100 percent (Hear that Calvin Pryor?)

You cant punt with less than 4 minutes down 4 points with this defense. This was a repeat of the Steeler game.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets coaching staff and Mike Maccagnan are MORONS 

I wouldn't lump Mac into this conversation. First of all he didn't hire Bowles that was all Woody Johnson with the help of Casserly and Wolf. I don't even know if Mac has the power to fire Bowles. That may have to come from Woody and that won't happen unless the Jets players quit on him and they finish 4-12. I hope they do if it means getting rid of his a$$.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

I wouldn't lump Mac into this conversation. First of all he didn't hire Bowles that was all Woody Johnson with the help of Casserly and Wolf. I don't even know if Mac has the power to fire Bowles. That may have to come from Woody and that won't happen unless the Jets players quit on him and they finish 4-12. I hope they do if it means getting rid of his a$$.

Macc is a moron believe me 

Just now, Matt39 said:

You cant punt with less than 4 minutes down 4 points with this defense. This was a repeat of the Steeler game.

There were more than five minutes left when they punted, but typically after ignoring the run game the entire second half dounce bag extraordinare Gailey calls two run plays that were obviously changed at the line because they almost didn't get the plays off in time. Then Fitz is predictably sacked on third down and it's game over.

You've got to give Bowles a chance to develop these players. It's not as if these mistakes we're seeing are rare and only on the Jets. And under Rex we saw all of these negatives. Undisciplined play, penalties, broken coverages on defense, poor time management, bad judgment on challenges, everything. We had won two in a row and the defense has played better. And he's shown the ability to make adjustments at halftime and he's disciplining players including star players like Mo and Sheldon. There is no way I fire him. He should get at least 3 years. 

The level of overreaction is crazy. You think I'd be used to it by now but it never ceases to amaze me. 

Todd Bowles is widely respected as a coach and will be here for at least next season and that's only if we blow the rest of this season (we're most likely finishing with 7-8 wins) and tank next year.

We don't have a franchise QB. And we will never see a Super Bowl until we get one. Mac is dead set on trying to find one and has done a good job so far at GM.

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The level of overreaction is crazy. You think I'd be used to it by now but it never ceases to amaze me. 

Todd Bowles is widely respected as a coach and will be here for at least next season and that's only if we blow the rest of this season (we're most likely finishing with 7-8 wins) and tank next year.

We don't have a franchise QB. And we will never see a Super Bowl until we get one. Mac is dead set on trying to find one and has done a good job so far at GM.

Todd Bowles and respect dont belong in the same sentence he has earned no respect here beating crap teams last season doesn't earn any respect. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You've got to give Bowles a chance to develop these players. It's not as if these mistakes we're seeing are rare and only on the Jets. And under Rex we saw all of these negatives. Undisciplined play, penalties, broken coverages on defense, poor time management, bad judgment on challenges, everything. We had won two in a row and the defense has played better. And he's shown the ability to make adjustments at halftime and he's disciplining players including star players like Mo and Sheldon. There is no way I fire him. He should get at least 3 years. 

they decided they didn't need to fix hack this year.  that was intentional.  they make the decision not to develop a young QB, on purpose by design

see ya

The Jets fan attitude every single year of fire him and fire him and blow it all up and start over is disgusting. Not every single season is great guys, learn that there is struggle before success. Hiring new GMS and coaches each year turns you into the Browns, do I need to say more? Consistency is key, let them continue to struggle through the bad times, grow and emerge out of it stronger. Its not always perfect, but they will get through it and improve.

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

they decided they didn't need to fix hack this year.  that was intentional.  they make the decision not to develop a young QB, on purpose by design

see ya

You don't develop a Qb during the season unless you have to. Prescott wasn't expected to be anything above the Cowboys number 3. But they saw what they had with him in training camp and we saw what we had in Hack. One guy was ready and the other isn't. I thought Petty looked under control today threw a couple of nice passes and looked ok. It was his first ever snaps taken in a regulation NFL game. He will be getting starts and soon.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

You don't develop a Qb during the season unless you have to. Prescott wasn't  expected to be anything above the Cowboys number 3. But they saw what they had with him in training camp and we saw what we had in Hack. One guy was ready and the other isn't. I thought Petty looked under control today threw a couple of nice passes and looked ok. It was his first ever snaps taken in a regulation NFL game. He will be getting starts and soon.

Why is it when another team winds up with a decent QB theres an excuse why this doesn't happen to the Jets. 

Stop making excuses. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What has he done to earn respect?  

He climbed his way through the ranks as a coach and led one of the more dominant defenses that the league has seen recently while earning assistant coach of the year. He is held in high regard throughout the NFL 

He also led a team quarterbacked by Fitz to 10 wins last season. If Fitz is as bad as you say he is then maybe try giving Bowles some credit. He also has a winning record as a head coach STILL even though he's "worse than Rich Kotite".

Just now, BigRy56 said:

He climbed his way through the ranks as a coach and led one of the more dominant defenses that the league has seen recently while earning assistant coach of the year. He is held in high regard throughout the NFL 

He also led a team quarterbacked by Fitz to 10 wins last season. If Fitz is as bad as you say he is then maybe try giving Bowles some credit. He also has a winning record as a head coach STILL even though he's "worse than Rich Kotite".

He climbed nothing 

Hes blessed with good players on the DL 

We had the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015 

He has earned NOTHING 

14 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

How is there overreaction? Bowles has shown to be a clueless game manager, zero clock management, fails to understand the importance of a 2 point conversion (see Buffalo game), his team comes out like their the cast of the Walking Dead, zero half time adjustments, terrible game planning,  and his terrible assistants. No overreaction, telling it like it is. BTW, Kotite, and Walton were respected coaches when they were hired as HC. How did that work out. Typical Jets, keeping an incompetent coach for years instead of cutting bait when they've been exposed

19 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

You think we go 5-2 the rest of the way? I don't care if we play the Browns seven times, we aren't winning five more.

1 minute ago, billo83 said:

How is there overreaction? Bowles has shown to be a clueless game manager, zero clock management, fails to understand the importance of a 2 point conversion (see Buffalo game), his team comes out like their the cast of the Walking Dead, zero half time adjustments, terrible game planning,  and his terrible assistants. No overreaction, telling it like it is. BTW, Kotite, and Walton were respected coaches when they were hired as HC. How did that work out. Typical Jets, keeping an incompetent coach for years instead of cutting bait when they've been exposed

For whatever reasons it seems every head coach has an issue with the clock. It happens all the time to even the best coaches.

I hated the punt against Pittsburgh. But we also have Fitz at QB. Puts him at a disadvantage when it comes to taking chances.

Archived