PSL Fool's Gold - (good read)

David Harris

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I have to agree with that. 

I wanted 2 tix for the 2004 Season Opener vs. the Bengals. I recently began working and had a budget as a 24 year old in NYC. 

I recall relentless CL scrolling for  2004 Opening Day Jets Tix.

Best I could swing: Endzone Seats in the 300 level nosebleeds that were $100 OVER FACE VALUE AND the Prick had the MANDATE that I also buy the 2 preseason Tix at FACE Value. I caved because FINALLY going to Jets games on my own accord as an adult was one of my dreams as a kid that was easy to realize. There was a time that you were at the behest of those STHs, PSLs did drain that swamp and, despite ALL the bitching - thanks to technology & actual market forces - it's NOW AFFORDABLE to attend a Jets game. Sar's early 90's ticket cruising @ Giants Stadium sounds like a horror show because he had to COMMITT to going to the stadium with NO GUARANTEE of getting Tix, at least I had the internet & ability to assure entry without committing to the commute. You guys have it easier now and PSLs - that were discretionary income expenditures for most fans - make it EASIER AND CHEAPER for the average to the obsessed fan to secure a live viewing. 

Bingo.  Perfectly stated.

The old timers lived the dream, kept us locked out.  The best thing about PSL's is the destruction of the ticket broker business, the tickets are in the hands of fans, the internet is the perfect distribution system, the asking prices are more than fair on the aftermarket.

Said it before I'll say it again:  PSL's were great for everyone.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm going to say this again, because I don't think you get it:

The Jets didn't raise ticket prices for 7 years.  When I purchased my $4,000 PSL's I fully expected that my ticket prices would go from $125 to $175 which was logical based on past price increases, brand new stadium, Jets winning playoff games, etc.  Here's what the lack of that $50 ticket increase I'd budgeted is worth:

7 x 10 x $50 = $3,500

The Jets lack of a ticket price increase was a savings to my budget of $3,500.  My PSL's cost $4,000.  Woody Johnson's lack of a ticket price hike has almost completely mitigated the cost of the PSL.  The PSL was nothing more than advance payment on future price hikes.  We weren't raped; we just fronted Woody the money we otherwise would have paid in the form of ticket increases-  which, by the way, you never complained about.  The raping took place in Giants Stadium from 1990 to 2009 and you allowed them to do it to you.

SAR I

No, that they didnt raise prices isnt a savings.  To compound that you gladly give back when they institute PSLs and smile figuring you saved money before.  Because for one, they never went 7 years without an increase and how is it a savings when you hand it back

Now I'll say it again because you don't get it or cant get past your own selfishness.  People went from paying for their seats to paying a fee to allow them to buy the same seats.  In no way, shape or form is that a good thing.  One season I paid for my tickets, a year later I paid thousands to buy that same ticket.  Got nothing more.  Zilch.  No perks, nothing over the same Giants fan who shares that seat with me.  No PSL benefit like other stadiums.  But some sheep will try to convince others that it was a good deal.

Should be interesting when they decide its time for a new stadium and they decide to reinstitute PSLs a second time for those same seats

No, I had seats at Shea.  
So GFY and the speech BS.  Tired of your idiotic PSL speech.  Has nothing to do with what I paid previously.  Or my seats today.  But I get your angle.  You werent fortunate enough to get season tickets like everyone else, was on a waiting list for shltty seats and because someone who had them before couldnt or wouldnt pay the PSL you got a set.  Good for you, but dont be stupid and refuse to get why some were pissed or find it to be a rip off.  No one is that stupid to not be able to get it.

And the saddest part...after all that...he got crappy seats in the mezz EZ and needs a telescope to see the opposite EZ and brags about them no less

Just now, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

And the saddest part...after all that...he got crappy seats in the mezz EZ and needs a telescope to see the opposite EZ and brags about them no less

I had so many years as a ticket holder I had my choice of seats anywhere in the stadium and I'm getting a lecture from him, his shltty 4K seats about what a great deal he got

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The reason you only got a $5 increase could be a factor of things, the team stinks and they already have your additional money in PSL money. 

The $5 increase happened this March and it was after a feel-good 10-6 season and no price increases since the last year in Giants Stadium, 2009.

And, yes, I believed back in 2008 and I still believe to this day that the PSL was nothing more than fans fronting the Jets 7-10 years worth of ticket increases.  So instead of paying $175 for my $125 seats I merely paid $4,000 in a PSL and was locked in at $125 for those 7-10 years.  PSL sounds nasty, but it was just a ticket price increase in exchange for a new stadium, a far better deal than being asked to go from $90 in 2001 to $125 in 2009 to sit in that decrepit place.  The other benefit of the PSL was the enema of the fanbase, every fan was relocated, every fan was given the opportunity to get seats they could afford at fair market value.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The $5 increase happened this March and it was after a feel-good 10-6 season and no price increases since the last year in Giants Stadium, 2009.

And, yes, I believed back in 2008 and I still believe to this day that the PSL was nothing more than fans fronting the Jets 7-10 years worth of ticket increases.  So instead of paying $175 for my $125 seats I merely paid $4,000 in a PSL and was locked in at $125 for those 7-10 years.  PSL sounds nasty, but it was just a ticket price increase in exchange for a new stadium, a far better deal than being asked to go from $90 in 2001 to $125 in 2009 to sit in that decrepit place.  The other benefit of the PSL was the enema of the fanbase, every fan was relocated, every fan was given the opportunity to get seats they could afford at fair market value.

SAR I

SAR I you make a great argument my only issue is the continuous lambasting of the former fan base.  We got our tickets after waiting on a waiting list we paid the price they were asking just like you are now. 

No reason to disparage anyone especially your comment " The other benefit of the PSL was the enema of the fan base. COME ON MAN

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Completely serious.

I sit next to 1000 PSL owners in the stadium every Sunday, I interact with a dozen PSL owners in this forum every day, I have yet to run into a PSL owner who is outraged or even concerned about his fun money spent 8 years ago.

What I run into in this forum and on the radio are old timers who chose to give up their cherry seats in Giants Stadium because the Jets actually asked them to pay going rate instead of giving them the option to drive a ticket broker industry that is now vanquished.

No PSL owners are angry; just fans who didn't make the move into the new stadium.  They do all the bitching.

SAR I

I am spending $125 to park every Sunday. PSL's are the least of my problem lol.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

also because the end zone and corner  Mezz A seats were way overpriced to begin with.   My first tickets in MetLife were in the Mezz A corner 245A.  They started out at $120 while section 135 (20 yard line) started at $140,I think.   Ridiculous.  End zone is end zone, and no matter how you slice it, they shouldn't be priced that close to seats between the 20's.  JMO.

jetspack_zps3b425335.jpg

My seats were always $125 in MetLife and my Mezzanine seats in Giants Stadium were $125 as well, the pricing didn't change for me from 2009 to 2016 and the $5 makes no material difference.

As for the view, there is a substantial difference between true endzone (behind the goalposts) and moderate sideline view (mine above) which is very evident, especially when you're in the seats.  As for value, the Mezzanine offers terrific elevation, no constant standing like on the lower level, no binoculars necessary like on the upper level.  Point being, if one chose wisely, one can win on PSL's if ever they chose to sell.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I am spending $125 to park every Sunday. PSL's are the least of my problem lol.

Whoa, Nellie.

You just opened yourself up to 10 years of criticism from the media and fellow Jets fans over "foolishly" supporting the Jets with a PRVL.

SAR I

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

FYI if anyone is looking to acquire the exclusive elite season ticket trinkets they give out you can buy them all on E-bay. :D

Do NOT recommend that.

Impersonating a true Personal Seat License Owner is disgusting, it's like buying a fake Gucci bag on Canal Street.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, that they didnt raise prices isnt a savings.  To compound that you gladly give back when they institute PSLs and smile figuring you saved money before.  Because for one, they never went 7 years without an increase and how is it a savings when you hand it back
Now I'll say it again because you don't get it or cant get past your own selfishness.  People went from paying for their seats to paying a fee to allow them to buy the same seats.  In no way, shape or form is that a good thing.  One season I paid for my tickets, a year later I paid thousands to buy that same ticket.  Got nothing more.  Zilch.  No perks, nothing over the same Giants fan who shares that seat with me.  No PSL benefit like other stadiums.  But some sheep will try to convince others that it was a good deal.

Should be interesting when they decide its time for a new stadium and they decide to reinstitute PSLs a second time for those same seats

That's just naive.  If the Jets did not institute PSL's they most definitely would have raised prices.  The stadium wasn't free.  It had to be paid for.  If you didn't want to pay your $10 per game PSL fee in one lump sum, I get that.  But the fact is the PSL fee is still only $10 per game and that's less than the price increases the Jets put on us in Giants Stadium the last 12 years we played there.

Your benefits and your perks occurred by being one of the lucky few to have good seats in Giants Stadium while others suffered, locked out.  You need to pay that forward now.   We will thank you in 20 years when we have been in our lucky MetLife seats as long as you were in your lucky Giants Stadium seats.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's just naive.  If the Jets did not institute PSL's they most definitely would have raised prices.  The stadium wasn't free.  It had to be paid for.  If you didn't want to pay your $10 per game PSL fee in one lump sum, I get that.  But the fact is the PSL fee is still only $10 per game and that's less than the price increases the Jets put on us in Giants Stadium the last 12 years we played there.

Your benefits and your perks occurred by being one of the lucky few to have good seats in Giants Stadium while others suffered, locked out.  You need to pay that forward now.   We will thank you in 20 years when we have been in our lucky MetLife seats as long as you were in your lucky Giants Stadium seats.

SAR I

BS, other teams do neither.  

One more time for you, you seem to thick headed or stubborn to listen, its not the money in that I can easily afford it, I'm lucky, but why?  Who says the stadium had to be paid for immediately?  I buy a new house do I tell my tenants that they're going to live in a shiny new apartment so not only am I going to raise their rent, I'm going to bang them out with a nonrefundable fee for the right to rent the apartment.  I mean, why should I pay for that new house? Or wait for rent an payments turn it to pure equity

You have to admit the author makes some good fiscal points.

A) PS games are worthless and add 25% of the cost to your RS games.

B. Financed PSLs add even more to your total cost per ticket. 

C) The meaningless late season games can always be had on SH for 50% or less of face value.

D) The Jets really don't give you squat as far as STH benefits.

Another poster mentioned he doesn't sit with his same neighbors all the time because they are flipping their own tickets.

I can't argue with any of the above.  Especially the neighbor part.  In my section there's someone new there every week.  

Jet tickets will always be able to be had.  I have been on the fence about dropping mine and I may just do that next year.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Completely serious.

I sit next to 1000 PSL owners in the stadium every Sunday, I interact with a dozen PSL owners in this forum every day, I have yet to run into a PSL owner who is outraged or even concerned about his fun money spent 8 years ago.

What I run into in this forum and on the radio are old timers who chose to give up their cherry seats in Giants Stadium because the Jets actually asked them to pay going rate instead of giving them the option to drive a ticket broker industry that is now vanquished.

No PSL owners are angry; just fans who didn't make the move into the new stadium.  They do all the bitching.

SAR I

Interesting. You are the first I have ever heard supporting PSL's

You can't say NO PSL owners are angry or outraged. I count this as the silliest mistake I have ever made with my money. I hand over at least $1,000 more a year than I would have getting discounted tix in the same section. Multiply that over several years and you have enough to buy a car. I regret this every day and it has ruined the whole football experience for me. The worst part is that it is 90% my own fault for getting into this.

The few who show up every game (and it is very few) in our section feel the same way as me. In fact, the whole experience has soured me on football so much that after 52 years of going to games, if the Jets said, OK, we'll let you out of the contract and you don't have to buy any more tickets that I would give up on football all together and spend my Sundays on much more satisfying pursuits.

As far as lifelong friends who go to every game and sit around you and the wonderful experience you seem to be having, we had that at Shea, but never at either of the Giants Stadiums. Gotta admit that it was one of the best parts of going to games back then.

Yes, I am angry, outraged (lies and deceit from the hard sell reps who sold me this to begin with) and depressed over this every time the subject of Jets come up. I am considering legal counsel to deal with it as are others I have talked to, but frankly see no way out otherwise.

One final note: I have had full season tickets to the Mets and Jets, partials to Rangers, Knicks, Red Bulls and indoor Cosmos. After all this time, it seems to me that the only real benefit of that is access to post season games. As far as the Jets go, there have been too few post season games in the past to make it worth it and realistically, there is little chance of seeing one for many years to come. 

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Only a complete and utter idiot thinks that PSLs are worth a damn. 

Especially for this franchise. Could you imagine plopping $25K down to buy tickets to a game like Sundays? Hell I used to get upset at spending $7.50 in 1976 to go sit and freeze my ass of in Shea to watch a team that was about as competitive as this one is. Just look what this has become, it is astounding.

7 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Especially for this franchise. Could you imagine plopping $25K down to buy tickets to a game like Sundays? Hell I used to get upset at spending $7.50 in 1976 to go sit and freeze my ass of in Shea to watch a team that was about as competitive as this one is. Just look what this has become, it is astounding.

I loved every part of my experience with the Jets on Sunday other than the garbage on the field.  Beautiful weather, easy in and out with really close parking, dogfish head 60 minute IPA on draft, I am starting to like the jets store, and even the vibe at MetLife central.

All of that was wonderful. Fun to see petty sling it around a little, too (too many check downs, but it's a start).

But the rest of that 9-6 nail biter....ooof.  They should flex our mnf game to like noon or earlier so folks can drive home before it's dark and beat traffic.

Edit - Mannequin Challenge on the big screen....dear Lord, why?? Makes Best Beard look like a brilliant diversion. 

52 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Interesting. You are the first I have ever heard supporting PSL's

You can't say NO PSL owners are angry or outraged. I count this as the silliest mistake I have ever made with my money. I hand over at least $1,000 more a year than I would have getting discounted tix in the same section. Multiply that over several years and you have enough to buy a car. I regret this every day and it has ruined the whole football experience for me. The worst part is that it is 90% my own fault for getting into this.

The few who show up every game (and it is very few) in our section feel the same way as me. In fact, the whole experience has soured me on football so much that after 52 years of going to games, if the Jets said, OK, we'll let you out of the contract and you don't have to buy any more tickets that I would give up on football all together and spend my Sundays on much more satisfying pursuits.

As far as lifelong friends who go to every game and sit around you and the wonderful experience you seem to be having, we had that at Shea, but never at either of the Giants Stadiums. Gotta admit that it was one of the best parts of going to games back then.

Yes, I am angry, outraged (lies and deceit from the hard sell reps who sold me this to begin with) and depressed over this every time the subject of Jets come up. I am considering legal counsel to deal with it as are others I have talked to, but frankly see no way out otherwise.

One final note: I have had full season tickets to the Mets and Jets, partials to Rangers, Knicks, Red Bulls and indoor Cosmos. After all this time, it seems to me that the only real benefit of that is access to post season games. As far as the Jets go, there have been too few post season games in the past to make it worth it and realistically, there is little chance of seeing one for many years to come. 

Great post.  But how did you feel last year?  After the Patriot win. Didn't it make it feel all worthwhile then?

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

firstrow_zpsdb840990.jpg

The ability to recoup money is location-dependent and those of us smart enough to pick the right sections (Dave and I being good examples) aren't getting hurt.  If anything, there are so few good seats in the stadium that don't carry Club premiums, the more action on StubHub the better, it means higher demand and lower supply.

I didn't choose Row 1, Aisle, Mezzanine, Club Adjacency, Visitors Side, Shady Side, NJ Transit Gate randomly.  Others used their noggin's as well.

SAR I

tTHAT'S HOW EMPTY THE PSL SEATS WERE IN THE FOURTH QTR OF THE RAMS GAME.  PATHETIC FANS? YES

No Life in MetLife: A 1.8 Billion Dollar Disaster

• author.png admin
  • date.png November 15, 2016
  • 0 Comments

For those who read my scathing article yesterday Jets Season Tickets: A Thing of the Past, you saw the reasons that owning Jets season tickets no longer makes financial sense. The truth is, buying a PSL never made financial sense. It didn’t matter. Jets fans were willing to splurge and put their money where their mouths were. We trusted that the new “home” that was being built was going to be a state-of-the-art facility that was going to separate us from the rest of the NFL and elevate the game day experience. This article will illustrate my reasons why MetLife Stadium may be the worst current stadium in the NFL.

(Full disclosure: My family currently owns 9 season tickets. Five in the Chase Club section 212 and four in the first couple rows of section 340.)

survey1

Parking Lots/Tailgating:

As most Jets fans will tell you, the tailgate is the single best part of the game day experience. Everybody thinks that their tailgate is the best one in the lot. I am fortunate enough to be a part of the L7 Tailgate and many of the people I have met over there are now friends for life. Sounds great, right? Kinda.

The MetLife Stadium parking lot is broken down in to a color system. The people who pay the highest PSL’s get the best parking in the green lots. Let’s say somebody with club seats decides to throw a tailgate in his lot and invite friends or family who pay a bit less and have a yellow parking pass. This forces their guests to walk across the entire lot. Want to pack a cooler and bring it with you to the tailgate? Have fun walking with it for a half hour between cars and over curbs.
jets_parking

In the old stadium, there was a beautiful system. Parking lots were general admission. If you arrived early, you parked wherever you wanted. This made it easy for families and friends to pick a location and meet up there. If you showed up too late to get in to that lot, it was your fault. I have no problem with having a lot that is reserved for PSL holders that don’t want to show up at 8am to tailgate. But why not make one reserved lot for them and make the rest general admission?

The Long And Winding Road

The tailgate is over and it is time to pack up and head in to the stadium. I am uniquely qualified to discuss this as somebody who owns tickets in both the Chase Club AND the upper deck – two COMPLETELY different experiences.

On days that I sit in the Chase Club, I walk in through a private entrance. Take a couple escalators to my seats and I am there within a few minutes. Consider this one of the few rewards of sending the Jets $15,000 for PSL’s and $300 for my ticket. But what about the games that I sit with my brother and nephews in the 300 level?

In the old stadium, there were sets of escalators that went to the lower level, the mezzanine and the upper deck in each corner of the stadium. There were also spirals in each corner right next to the escalators if you wanted to walk up. It was the simplest solution and took MAYBE 2-3 minutes to get from the gates to your section no matter where your seats were located within Giants Stadium. MetLife sends you through a mind-boggling maze. It takes a minimum of 20 minutes to get to my seats in the upper deck. Escalator… and around. Escalator… and around. Log jams of people tripping over each other. What was wrong with the old system? Who came up with this new entrance strategy? Who approved it?

It is as if you are being punished for having the nerve to sit upstairs. My brother calls the upper deck at MetLife the “bowels of the Titanic”. I couldn’t agree more. Sure, there are no PSL’s up there (for Jets fans) but in life, you truly get what you pay for.

Concessions

I have traveled throughout the NFL over the past 3 years visiting Arizona, Miami, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Dallas, London, Cleveland & Baltimore. The MetLife Stadium concessions are the worst and most overpriced that I have encountered.

The lines for concessions at MetLife are unbearable. The product is subpar. The staff is frequently rude and incompetent. There is nothing worse than standing on line to be charged $14 for a watered down soda and a wet soggy cold pretzel.

Other stadiums treat their customers fairly. For example, a $7 souvenir cup of soda at MetLife gets you one soda. When you go to other stadiums like Miami and Arizona, for $6 they give you free refills on these cups. So when it is hot outside at the opener and you want a second coke, guess what… you just spent $14 on soda (the same price that will get you a 300 level ticket on StubHub to the upcoming Monday Night game against the Colts).

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

No Life in MetLife: A 1.8 Billion Dollar Disaster

• author.png admin
  • date.png November 15, 2016
  • 0 Comments

For those who read my scathing article yesterday Jets Season Tickets: A Thing of the Past, you saw the reasons that owning Jets season tickets no longer makes financial sense. The truth is, buying a PSL never made financial sense. It didn’t matter. Jets fans were willing to splurge and put their money where their mouths were. We trusted that the new “home” that was being built was going to be a state-of-the-art facility that was going to separate us from the rest of the NFL and elevate the game day experience. This article will illustrate my reasons why MetLife Stadium may be the worst current stadium in the NFL.

(Full disclosure: My family currently owns 9 season tickets. Five in the Chase Club section 212 and four in the first couple rows of section 340.)

survey1

Parking Lots/Tailgating:

As most Jets fans will tell you, the tailgate is the single best part of the game day experience. Everybody thinks that their tailgate is the best one in the lot. I am fortunate enough to be a part of the L7 Tailgate and many of the people I have met over there are now friends for life. Sounds great, right? Kinda.

The MetLife Stadium parking lot is broken down in to a color system. The people who pay the highest PSL’s get the best parking in the green lots. Let’s say somebody with club seats decides to throw a tailgate in his lot and invite friends or family who pay a bit less and have a yellow parking pass. This forces their guests to walk across the entire lot. Want to pack a cooler and bring it with you to the tailgate? Have fun walking with it for a half hour between cars and over curbs.
jets_parking

In the old stadium, there was a beautiful system. Parking lots were general admission. If you arrived early, you parked wherever you wanted. This made it easy for families and friends to pick a location and meet up there. If you showed up too late to get in to that lot, it was your fault. I have no problem with having a lot that is reserved for PSL holders that don’t want to show up at 8am to tailgate. But why not make one reserved lot for them and make the rest general admission?

The Long And Winding Road

The tailgate is over and it is time to pack up and head in to the stadium. I am uniquely qualified to discuss this as somebody who owns tickets in both the Chase Club AND the upper deck – two COMPLETELY different experiences.

On days that I sit in the Chase Club, I walk in through a private entrance. Take a couple escalators to my seats and I am there within a few minutes. Consider this one of the few rewards of sending the Jets $15,000 for PSL’s and $300 for my ticket. But what about the games that I sit with my brother and nephews in the 300 level?

In the old stadium, there were sets of escalators that went to the lower level, the mezzanine and the upper deck in each corner of the stadium. There were also spirals in each corner right next to the escalators if you wanted to walk up. It was the simplest solution and took MAYBE 2-3 minutes to get from the gates to your section no matter where your seats were located within Giants Stadium. MetLife sends you through a mind-boggling maze. It takes a minimum of 20 minutes to get to my seats in the upper deck. Escalator… and around. Escalator… and around. Log jams of people tripping over each other. What was wrong with the old system? Who came up with this new entrance strategy? Who approved it?

It is as if you are being punished for having the nerve to sit upstairs. My brother calls the upper deck at MetLife the “bowels of the Titanic”. I couldn’t agree more. Sure, there are no PSL’s up there (for Jets fans) but in life, you truly get what you pay for.

Concessions

I have traveled throughout the NFL over the past 3 years visiting Arizona, Miami, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Dallas, London, Cleveland & Baltimore. The MetLife Stadium concessions are the worst and most overpriced that I have encountered.

The lines for concessions at MetLife are unbearable. The product is subpar. The staff is frequently rude and incompetent. There is nothing worse than standing on line to be charged $14 for a watered down soda and a wet soggy cold pretzel.

Other stadiums treat their customers fairly. For example, a $7 souvenir cup of soda at MetLife gets you one soda. When you go to other stadiums like Miami and Arizona, for $6 they give you free refills on these cups. So when it is hot outside at the opener and you want a second coke, guess what… you just spent $14 on soda (the same price that will get you a 300 level ticket on StubHub to the upcoming Monday Night game against the Colts).

"My mommy and daddy spend $38,000 a year on Jets tickets but I have to pay for soda refills. Feel bad for me."

SAR I

57 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Sports as a whole are a ripoff. Hard to call someone a sucker when I'm sitting around on Sundays in a $150 jersey.

In a 10 year span, a season ticket holder with one seat will spend $20,000 on tickets, food, tolls, fuel, and parking.

So let's complain about his $2,500 PSL as if it means something. 

SAR I

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

"My mommy and daddy spend $38,000 a year on Jets tickets but I have to pay for soda refills. Feel bad for me."

SAR I

Guy's point stands. the parking lot setup is  atrocious. Not sure how the E.Rutherford Fire Department signed off on the exit/entry situation. Spirals weren't built in because...?Was confronted again Sunday with metal gates blocking entry and exit points with security standing there with their thumbs up their asses; why?  The concessions are overpriced dreck. By comparison it's the worst stadium I have been to in the NFL and in all of sports. And it's not close. In fact it's worse than the stadium it replaced. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Guy's point stands. the parking lot setup is  atrocious. Not sure how the E.Rutherford Fire Department signed off on the exit/entry situation. Spirals weren't built in because...?Was confronted again Sunday with metal gates blocking entry and exit points with security standing there with their thumbs up their asses; why?  The concessions are overpriced dreck. By comparison it's the worst stadium I have been to in the NFL and in all of sports. And it's not close. In fact it's worse than the stadium it replaced. 

Parking:  It's segregated so that Club seat owners have closer parking which is a convenience for them.  If they are tailgating with someone in non-Club seats they are free to use their green pass as a yellow pass to park in a yellow lot.  Problem solved.  Oh, and Giants Stadium had similar lot segregation, I don't recall anyone complaining.

Exit/Entry:  It's 100x better and safer than Giants Stadium.  MetLife is designed like a cake cut in 4 equal pieces.  Each of the 4 sections has its own gate, it's own escalator, it's own sets of stairs, and its design prevents people from moving from one section to another.  It's like 4 mini stadiums, each the size of Madison Square Garden.  Remember what it was like getting out of Giants Stadium after a game, people running around the interior the entire circumference because their seats were at Gate A but they parked at Gate C?  Big drunk dudes banging into our wives and kids, people literally jogging east and west, it was a madhouse.  That doesn't happen any more, when the game is over 1/4 of the fans go out their exits and make that mad dash in the parking lot where there is a ton of room instead of inside the stadium where people get hurt.

Concessions:  It's the same food that's served at every stadium in America, the food in the food court on the 50 yard line by the Jets Shop has really good choices including Kansas City BBQ, Philadelphia cheesesteaks, Chinese dumplings, Shezuan noodles, Mexican fajitas, Greek gyros and souvlaki, Kosher hot dogs and knishes, it's 10x better than Giants Stadium and on-par with other stadiums in the country of which I've personally attended about a dozen.

The guy's points don't stand.  He's whining just to drive clicks to a blog no one knows or cares about.  I'm fairly certain two new posters who appeared on JN just a few weeks ago with "PSL" and "OH THE PAIN" in their userid are here in the hopes of baiting me over to that blog to provide content and traffic, not happening.

SAR I

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

BS, other teams do neither.  

One more time for you, you seem to thick headed or stubborn to listen, its not the money in that I can easily afford it, I'm lucky, but why?  Who says the stadium had to be paid for immediately?  I buy a new house do I tell my tenants that they're going to live in a shiny new apartment so not only am I going to raise their rent, I'm going to bang them out with a nonrefundable fee for the right to rent the apartment.  I mean, why should I pay for that new house? Or wait for rent an payments turn it to pure equity

You mean like a brokers fee or a move-in fee that's pretty standard these days?

14 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

You have to admit the author makes some good fiscal points.

A) PS games are worthless and add 25% of the cost to your RS games.

B. Financed PSLs add even more to your total cost per ticket. 

C) The meaningless late season games can always be had on SH for 50% or less of face value.

D) The Jets really don't give you squat as far as STH benefits.

Another poster mentioned he doesn't sit with his same neighbors all the time because they are flipping their own tickets.

I can't argue with any of the above.  Especially the neighbor part.  In my section there's someone new there every week.  

Jet tickets will always be able to be had.  I have been on the fence about dropping mine and I may just do that next year.

This is all true.  But the argument against season tickets is not the same argument as against PSLs, despite everyone confusing them.  

Archived