Romo Presser in Dallas

AFJF

Hopefully Petty gets his chances to show if he can grow, but I can guarantee you this...if Tony Romo was signed in the offseason to the NY Jets he'd easily be the best QB we've had since Namath.

The happiest group would be the offensive players. You fix the Oline, draft a young stud RB, Romo would be awesome as sh*t throwing to Brandon Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, ASJ?, Anderson, Smith. 

His only downside is his health. Romo could have a Joe Montana KC resurgence playing with our offensive skill players. Can he stay healthy would be the biggest question mark. But Romo is twice the player Fitz is!

EDIT* I meant to quote the post saying Fitz was in the wrong for bashing management after the Baltimore game I believe....not sure how to fix it on my cell either, my apologies . 

Agreed.  Fitzpatrick is a whinny, blind dick in denial.  The crap he was talking after the Ravens game (? can't remember which game exactly) where he acted like the coaching staff, McCaggan, and Woody were unjustifiably doubting his ability to start and lead the team, despite the fact his play HAS completely sucked and done a 180° from last season, making the coaches and front offices lack of faith in him justifiable.  

Fitz has really shown he isn't the type of "leader" you want on your team, and the one year "prove it, again" deal he signed this past off season was 100% deserving, as history repeated itself like what happened to him after a solid season in Buffalo years ago, only difference is the Jets weren't suckered into giving him a larger, long term deal like he got with the Bills.

If I was confident Romo could stay healthy next year I would take on last shot with him and the vets we have on offense to generate something worthy of contending before totally rebuilding.  Romo seems like he'd be a good influence on Petty and Hackenberg too, but his injury concerns are just too high to justify putting a full blown rebuild on hold for at least one more year in my humble opinion.  

It will be interesting to see what McCaggan and Co will do this offseason, I'm optomistic he will make the right decisions, whatever they may be.

On November 15, 2016 at 6:44 PM, munchmemory said:

Our QB next season.  Book it.  And I will flip out at our continuing stupidity.

Bowles' tenure is really playing out like Mangini's. In fact, it's eerily similar. A promising DC turned coach who, on paper at least, had all the attributes to be a good head coach. 10-6 in year one with a comeback QB, 4-12 in year 2 (which the Jets very well could end up this year) because his QB situation is sh*t. If all goes according to prophecy, the Jets will sign a veteran QB like Romo in hopes of making the playoffs and then go 7-9. Bowles will be done after that.

Archived