Cut Revis

johnnyjet

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Carl Revis is a lot older and slower than these fast top 5 NFL Wr's thats he's covering how come he's not getting help from the cover S, 

He's not getting safety help because they're sending blitzers because the expensive front four aren't generating enough pressure by themselves. Therefore, they need the corners to win one on one on big blitz packages. Also, he's not getting safety help because the other corners need it too. They're just as bad. 

4 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Sounds just like the 85 million dollar man. He stinks too.

at least mo has an excuse.  he broke his leg, hard to come into the season in shape while wearing a cast in the offseason.  I think the pins in his leg/foot were giving him issues which is why he missed some time this year.

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Cut him.  Even if he's the best corner on the team, he doesn't deserve $17 million and we can't allocate that much cap room to a mediocre CB whose ability can be had for $6 million.  Would still save even after factoring in the dead money.

Mediocre? That TD he gave up, the receiver didn't put a single move and still beat him by 2-3 yards. Re us is just not putting any effort in. It's so obvious. I'd be shocked if anyone pays him $5mil next year. Thanks Macc. 

3 hours ago, tfine said:

Revis had 3 great years out of the 9 he's been in the league. 2009 2010 maybe 2011 he got hurt in 2012 and hasn't been the same since. To me that's not a HOF CB Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Rod Woodson. Terrance Newman all played at a high level until their mid-late 30. This guys has mailed it in at 30/31. He's a cancer to the team and a slouch. This guy was supposed to be our best player since Curtis Martin and Namath and an intricate piece of our team. Our Ray Lewis.Our Derek Jeter. When you think of the Jets you think of Darrelle Revis. This guy just doesn't care and frankly why should we.

Says you don't know the position.  You don't think he's a HOF player?  Please stop already.  

Then explain how he's a cancer.  Site examples.  

Being bad and getting beat is one thing but look at is face. He could care less. He gives 50% effort on the field at best. I say bench him. Make him a backup for the rest of the season him and Mo. may lose some of you here but hoping we can trade Mo and cut Mevi$

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He will be top of Macc the Knifes list:-

Revis

Breno

Mangold

Skrine

Gilcrist

Harris

Its going to be a Blood bath and long over due.

Unfortunately they moved some money around on Skrine so he's not going anywhere. I doubt they cut Gilchrist either. Classy should be on your list. That's a no brainer. 

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Unfortunately they moved some money around on Skrine so he's not going anywhere. I doubt they cut Gilchrist either. Classy should be on your list. That's a no brainer. 

There is alway room for more dead legs. Those where the first off the top of my head.

Hell if how many years do we have to keep Mo, before his contract becomes less toxic to the cap?

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

There is alway room for more dead legs. Those ones was the first off the top of my head that have to go.

Hell if how many years do we have to keep Mo, before his contract becomes less toxic to the cap?

Gilchrist, Skrine, and Mo and become much more cuttable in 2018. By then, the Jets will be in much better cap position as long as Macc doesn't mess it up again. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Gilchrist, Skrine, and Mo and become much more cuttable in 2018. By then, the Jets will be in much better cap position as long as Macc doesn't mess it up again. 

I don't mind Macc, he's just made some mistakes. Mo being the main one. Revis has to go it's a total rebuild.

I watched the Raiders game, those guys are set for a very long time. Carr is great, the guy dislocated his finger, came back out and still kicked ass.

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He's not getting safety help because they're sending blitzers because the expensive front four aren't generating enough pressure by themselves. Therefore, they need the corners to win one on one on big blitz packages. Also, he's not getting safety help because the other corners need it too. They're just as bad. 

The front 4 are all DT's. Macc did not sign a speed rushing DE. Simon is not a NT on par with Snacks so the Jets don't have a ready made 3/4. How can a 4/3 get pressure with 4 DT's starting? Any coach and secondary is going to have issues. To compound the issue the LB'ers are also made for 3/4.

The Jets did go 3/4 quite a bit during the game though

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

The front 4 are all DT's. Macc did not sign a speed rushing DE. Simon is not a NT on par with Snacks so the Jets don't have a ready made 3/4. How can a 4/3 get pressure with 4 DT's starting? Any coach and secondary is going to have issues. To compound the issue the LB'ers are also made for 3/4.

The Jets did go 3/4 quite a bit during the game though

Right. No one is disagreeing with any of that and it's been said by many as nauseum that the scheme doesn't fit the personnel. That's one of the most damning elements to come out of 2016. The coach and the GM are not on the same page. It's becoming more apparent week to week. 

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Right. No one is disagreeing with any of that and it's been said by many as nauseum that the scheme doesn't fit the personnel. That's one of the most damning elements to come out of 2016. The coach and the GM are not on the same page. It's becoming more apparent week to week. 

Fix that issue and the Jets may work

7 hours ago, pointman said:

Revis clearly has lost a few steps, but he also admits coming into camp with a banged up wrist and having been out of shape. Watch, with our luck the second he is cut he will show up hungry and in shape for another team and be back to 09 Revis. 

Honestly I wouldn't care .. dude makes to much money to be getting burned like this 

Archived