Totally sick of this coaching staff.

Tony The Wiz

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

I bet he starts again this week. Bowles is going to go over the waterfall with this guy, and I hope it is a steep fall. Fire Bowles.

Miami is on a 6 game winning streak, is currently in the last wildcard spot and obviously the Pats are going to win the division so the Jets playoff hopes are done. 

If Ryan Fitzpatrick is the quarterback next week then I will have to co-sign the "fire Bowles" chant. I havent been supporting that given that he's a new HC and there's alot of things that I can see that as an inexperience coach could be difficult to handle. However, putting Fitz into the game next week is totally ridiculous and will be unforgivable. lol. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this is the underlying problem.  they're fully invested in a guy who is inferior to other qbs.  it doesn't matter who the weapons are.  this is what makes the whole 'best chance to win' crap all the more frustrating.  the guy who loses every time the other team scores a few tds is not the guy who gives any team the best chance to win.

Exactly. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Miami is on a 6 game winning streak, is currently in the last wildcard spot and obviously the Pats are going to win the division so the Jets playoff hopes are done. 

If Ryan Fitzpatrick is the quarterback next week then I will have to co-sign the "fire Bowles" chant. I havent been supporting that given that he's a new HC and there's alot of things that I can see that as an inexperience coach could be difficult to handle. However, putting Fitz into the game next week is totally ridiculous and will be unforgivable. lol. 

Starting to look like "the accountant" knew what he was doing afterall.

8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Hmm, some good stuff, some fantasy here:

This love affair with Richardson seems misplaced. For a guy supposed to be so disruptive, he hasn't made any impact plays that I remember.

The love affair with Marshall, too, seems unrequited. Enunwa, to me, is clearly playing harder and with more impact. Revis sucks and I can't believe it's totally from a diminishment of skills. For example, I saw a play where Revis pulled up because there was a slight chance that he would get hurt. He's not giving his all. Same with Marshall: a chance to sell out to catch a TD pass resulted in a lame, one-armed attempt.

None of the vets are playing with anything more than cursory effort. they certainly aren't the spiritual leaders of this team.

You could be right, just my perspective. 

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

Both the Daily News and Post had articles today saying just that. Because he won 10 games last year - and is likely to lose at least 12 this one - he deserves a third year? That is patently STUPID. He is NOT doing the job. The players don't have enough respect for him and he will certainly be fired after next season, so why waste the time? He wasn't the guy Woody Johnson wanted - that would be Dan Quinn - but in yet another typical panic move Johnson tapped Bowles.

other than hackenberg i think mccags has done a good job of bringing in young guys who have not been criticized.  he's had worse success with the vets, fitz/revis/gilchrist/skrine.  the hc seems over his head, ultra conservative, slow to adapt real time.

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

Both the Daily News and Post had articles today saying just that. Because he won 10 games last year - and is likely to lose at least 12 this one - he deserves a third year? That is patently STUPID. He is NOT doing the job. The players don't have enough respect for him and he will certainly be fired after next season, so why waste the time? He wasn't the guy Woody Johnson wanted - that would be Dan Quinn - but in yet another typical panic move Johnson tapped Bowles.

I don't think Quinn is great either he's 7-4 because of Matt Ryan and Julio Jones Atlanta has the 28th ranked defense

If Woody picked Bowles that is very troubling

Just now, Augustiniak said:

other than hackenberg i think mccags has done a good job of bringing in young guys who have not been criticized.  he's had worse success with the vets, fitz/revis/gilchrist/skrine.  the hc seems over his head, ultra conservative, slow to adapt real time.

Need to wait and see on Hack. Looking at this years QB crop he may have been a top 5 pick had he stayed in school.

Just now, RSJ said:

Need to wait and see on Hack. Looking at this years QB crop he may have been a top 5 pick had he stayed in school.

i agree on hack, my point was that guys like lee, williams, mauldin, to name a few, have been good picks.  the hack pick was criticized, and he may yet pan out.  tanny's picks and idzik's picks seem worse off the bat.

43 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You may be correct about that, when it comes to Vets...but the young'ins are playing hard for him. 

Enunwa is playing hard, Robbie Anderson is playing hard, Wesley Johnson has made me forget that Nick Mangold is hurt. Ben Ijalana is playing solid football, Brian Winters is playing solid football, Bilal Powell runs hard on EVERY SINGLE PLAY, Leo Williams is playing hard and had a very good game yesterday providing pressure. 

Alot of these "vets" have been paid, alot of these "vets" made a big deal about a crappy QB that has been the frontrunner for this terrible season. We also lost our team leader in D'Brick and in all truth no one else has replaced him or stepped into that role. That's a huge loss for a 2nd year coach. 

Im not saying that Bowles is doing a phenomenal job, im just saying that there are things that he's also dealing with that as a 2nd year HC is really tough to deal with. All im saying. 

Also Mauldin was on his way to having a monster game before the injury. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i agree on hack, my point was that guys like lee, williams, mauldin, to name a few, have been good picks.  the hack pick was criticized, and he may yet pan out.  tanny's picks and idzik's picks seem worse off the bat.

Well Tanny and Idzik picked based on coach opinions. This power structure is different. I totally agree and I like Mac's drafts too.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Zero to complain about in the coaching yesterday. The Jets need a quarterback... enough said. Until then it doesn't matter who the coach is!

Um,

• the long FG try
  • the prevent defense in the last Pats drive
  • going with Fitzpatrick
  • NO Wrinkles after a bye week

I have issues with those things.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Zero to complain about in the coaching yesterday. The Jets need a quarterback... enough said. Until then it doesn't matter who the coach is!

That is the bottom line.  We have seen defenses bailed out all year by solid, not even great, quarterback play. That position makes ALL the difference over the long haul, all things being equal. 

For you guys who think Bowles did a good job yesterday what game were you watching?

If you give Brady the same defensive look 3x he will pick it apart that's why he's great.  Bowles basically gave Brady the same look the ENTIRE GAME.  4 man rush with dime zone

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

That is the bottom line.  We have seen defenses bailed out all year by solid, not even great, quarterback play. That position makes ALL the difference over the long haul, all things being equal. 

And how is that not the coaching staff's fault?  Rex got absolutely destroyed by the media for not developing a Qb.  Our qb situation right now is beyond putrid

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

For you guys who think Bowles did a good job yesterday what game were you watching?

If you give Brady the same defensive look 3x he will pick it apart that's why he's great.  Bowles basically gave Brady the same look the ENTIRE GAME.  4 man rush with dime zone

And the Defense allowed just 22 points and statistically Brady's worst game of the season. Lets be serious here, you dont stop Tom Brady, you contain him...and that's what the coaching staff did yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Well then we better hope Petty or Hack pan out because this years crop of QB's is terrible.

4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Um,

• the long FG try
  • going with Fitzpatrick

Maybe the dumbest thing I've seen in a while was the long fg try in the wind.  

Yeah let's give Brady a short field. Wow Bowles was stellar there

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

And the Defense allowed just 22 points and statistically Brady's worst game of the season. Lets be serious here, you dont stop Tom Brady, you contain him...and that's what the coaching staff did yesterday. 

I'm going to give you props on this. They did contain him, until he decided not to lose. Then they reverted to form.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Gronkowski and Bennett were both out.  If they play Brady puts up a 40-burger

Um,

• the long FG try
  • going with Fitzpatrick

1. It was a 54 yard field goal

2. Everybody does it and seems to struggle with Brady in the 4th quarter

3. Fitz played very well

4. Fair enough, but we didn't need them and the defense should have been able to stop Brady but couldn't 

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

And how is that not the coaching staff's fault?  Rex got absolutely destroyed by the media for not developing a Qb.  Our qb situation right now is beyond putrid

No, we have two young talented, developmental quarterbacks on the roster.  One needs to play now and the other needs more reps in practice.   I believe that Petty or Hack or both could develop into the quarterback we need.  The coaching staff needs to start playing one of them (Petty) now. 

No, we have two young talented, developmental quarterbacks on the roster.  One needs to play now and the other needs more reps in practice.   I believe that Petty or Hack or both could develop into the quarterback we need.  The coaching staff needs to start playing one of them (Petty) now. 

I agree 100%. There is no QB to draft or sign this year that is going to come in and fix the situation. They need to start developing Petty and Hack like yesterday.

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Gronkowski and Bennett were both out.  If they play Brady puts up a 40-burger

But they werent and Tom put up 22. But either way the Jets offense only scored 17 points so what you're saying is that the Jets would have lost either 40-17 or 22-17. By your own words Gronk and Bennet being out basically cut what the Patriots could have scored by half, and the Jets offense STILL couldnt do anything about it. 

Again, how is that the defense fault? 

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Well then we better hope Petty or Hack pan out because this years crop of QB's is terrible.

Unlike a lot of folks, I am not down on Hack (or Petty or that matter).  I knew it was going to take time and this was a red-shirt year for him.  He has some big time tools, has heart, desire and is smart. 

My biggest concern is our CS not properly developing him or stunting his growth by having him in street clothes instead of getting the reps he needs.    Petty has had a over year in the system; he needs at least 4 or 5 games of real game action to get something of a read on him.   Even if his ceiling is decent back up, or complete scrub, we need to find that out. 

Just now, JetBlue said:

Unlike a lot of folks, I am not down on Hack (or Petty or that matter).  I knew it was going to take time and this was a red-shirt year for him.  He has some big time tools, has heart, desire and is smart. 

My biggest concern is our CS not properly developing him or stunting his growth by having him in street clothes instead of getting the reps he needs.    Petty has had a over year in the system; he needs at least 4 or 5 games of real game action to get something of a read on him.   Even if his ceiling is decent back up, or complete scrub, we need to find that out. 

And, hey, throw the fans a bone.

I just can't stand watching Fitzpatrick do exactly the same thing every game--come up short in the clutch.

I've seen this so many times as a long-standing Jets fan. It's exactly the type of play that has earned the nickname "Same Ol' Jets"

Please! I'm begging you...

Yeah no doubt. This year is over. Vets want to quit then they can take a seat. Fitz should be in street clothes the rest of the season. Petty will probably look bad most times - but its part of the development. And who knows maybe he will put it all together.

5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I agree 100%. There is no QB to draft or sign this year that is going to come in and fix the situation. They need to start developing Petty and Hack like yesterday.

Exactly.  If we go the Cutler or Romo route this offseason I think I will have to find something else to do with my Sundays next fall/winter.   The only quarterback I would be okay with (for the right price) would be Glennon.   A second rounder should get it done. 

Just now, JetBlue said:

Exactly.  If we go the Cutler or Romo route this offseason I think I will have to find something else to do with my Sundays next fall/winter.   The only quarterback I would be okay with (for the right price) would be Glennon.   A second rounder should get it done. 

Glennon with Petty and Hack would be fine with me too. There are a few guys that can be had in rounds 2-5 that should be interesting too. But please no Romo or Cutler.

Sorry, but spending ANOTHER second rounder for a guy not starting seems absurd. If he's all that, why isn't he starting? We have spent, 2 second rounders, a forth rounder on the position over the last 4 years.

Time to spend draft capital on stuff like OT, RB, TE. Positions that an enhance the likelihood that ANY QB can succeed here.

And, hey, throw the fans a bone.

I just can't stand watching Fitzpatrick do exactly the same thing every game--come up short in the clutch.

I've seen this so many times as a long-standing Jets fan. It's exactly the type of play that has earned the nickname "Same Ol' Jets"

Please! I'm begging you...

make-it-stop-o.gif

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Sorry, but spending ANOTHER second rounder for a guy not starting seems absurd. If he's all that, why isn't he starting? We have spent, 2 second rounders, a forth rounder on the position over the last 4 years.

Time to spend draft capital on stuff like OT, RB, TE. Positions that an enhance the likelihood that ANY QB can succeed here.

Well they have two QB's. You will need to add a third regardless. Glennon or a draft pick between rounds 2-5 makes the most sense.

Just now, RSJ said:

Well they have two QB's. You will need to add a third regardless. Glennon or a draft pick between rounds 2-5 makes the most sense.

I'd rather play next to nothing for Hoyer or someone. I'm not sold on Glennon, not when there are so many other needs ON OFFENSE and it probably would take the better part of the season for him to comfortable in the offense. Why are you?

Jamies Winston is the reason he is not starting, not Ryan Fitzpatrick....  If he can be had for a 3rd rounder that works too. 

Archived