Totally sick of this coaching staff.

Tony The Wiz

Just now, rangerous said:

well, sometimes you're stuck danincing with the person you brought to the dance.  given revis' contract, there's not much they can do at this point.  and even though they can cut him before next season, he still counts quite a bit against the cap.  i don't know what happens if he retires.  and some people say he's got to go to free safety, but that means he'll have to tackle more.  if he can't tackle he can't go.

No conspiracy theory but......theres more to the picture than what we are being told Mo and Sheldon issue leaked and seems to be something I think  the defensive players dislike Bowles,Rodgers and Fitzpatrick....this defense is too damn good to be playing as bad as they are. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Hmmm.... sounds like the second coming of Jeff George.   Never good when your starting qb is hated by his coaches and teammates, lol. 

The problem with Jeff George is he was never humbled . This kid has been the BMOC wherever he went and he acted like it . He was hated by his coaches and teammates, yet he was the starting QB at the university of Tennessee taking over from Matt Simms .  NFL QBs need to be developed, and this kid has had a great teacher. The 1 problem I have with this is that his OC at KC was the guy who traded away half his draft for Wentz when he knew all about Bray .  Trouble is, I would have done the same thing and I liked Bray coming out of UT.  

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No conspiracy theory but......theres more to the picture than what we are being told Mo and Sheldon issue leaked and seems to be something I think  the defensive players dislike Bowles,Rodgers and Fitzpatrick....this defense is too damn good to be playing as bad as they are. 

I agree with you. As I said earlier in the thread, there is something going on between vets and coaches.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Exactly, well said.

The plays are designed to work. It comes down to the players executing the plays. Our team just isnt very good.

People can point at coaching all they want. The team won 10 games last year with the same people in charge. The team just doesnt have that much talent. We have no QB, are veterans are showing their age. And we dont have enough good young players. Thats an organizational failure that dates back years.

not to mention the oline.  clady was a gamble that didn't pay off.  ultimately the patsies made a play on the strip fumble and the jets didn't.  and llok at guys like wilk who should be having their way with the patsie line.  the guy gets called for being off sides on a key play.  he should know better.

3 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

A win is a win for NE. What you are saying, is we had a great moral victory. This coach should never be a HC and he needs to go. End of story.

I dont believe in moral victories. We lost. I'm saying that this loss doesn't fall on Bowles. Some of our losses have since he's been here, but this wasn't one of them.

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

That was a tough game to watch. The Jets & Bowles played both the Pats & the refs. I'm not a fan of Bowles, but he has a sh*tty Oline, no #1 CB, no edge rusher, the 33rd ranked QB, 2 rookie LBs, Robbie fumbling, Brandon Limping, it's too much to overcome. We're a bottom 5 team, but in Goodells NFL, you can turn that around quickly once you find a QB to get behind.

This is  great post and really puts everything in its proper perspective......

5 hours ago, Tinstar said:

The team is playing hard .  The problem is the Veterans on the team are shot and the kids don't have enough experience to make up the difference . The only thing  keeping the Jets this close in some of these games is the speed/mobility of the inexperience youngsters . Jets are going to be a playoff team in 2017 and a headache for the rest of the NFL going forward . The key will be finding a QB and staying the course with this coaching staff under severe pressure from media and fans to make a change .

And the way Bellichick responded after yesterdays win he thinks so as well....

5 hours ago, jack48 said:

17 points does not get you a win against NE.  And the last 7 came on a miracle catch by Enunwa.  The Pats had no pass rush.

What does 17 points have to do with it? You can call the right play and the other team can make a play.  Doesn't make it the wrong call.  No matter how good of a game plan there is you're dealing with Fitz.  

Miracle catch?  No, good catch.  No miracles. 

8 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Revis clearly has quit on Bowles. This team was built by Rex the bombastic and Todd the mummy will never be able to motivate these guys to play hard. Oh, they make it look good at times, but not Revis. He AVOIDS contact now at every turn and needs to be released as soon as the season is finished. The Jets need a strict, no nonsense coach that they respect. Clearly there are guys on this team that do not respect Bowles.

To his and his coaches credit no one has quit on them.  The Jets come out and play hard, fight to the end.  If you don't see that, please stop.  And stop with the respect angle, you have no idea who respects Bowles, who doesn't and what tencount was with Rex.  Rex did lose the jets at the end.  The scores reflect it, the defense reflects it.  They did stop playing for him.  Clearly some fans just make it up as they go along.  

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This was the only play I had a problem with, other than that the coaching was pretty good imo. Players didn't execute, especially our big money players. Where was Mo Wilk? Revis was getting broke off by a rookie WR,  Fitz turns the ball over again in the 4th quarter. 

You can't score 17 points and expect to beat the Patriots. The Jets defense held Tom Brady to 22 points. That let's me know that overall the defensive scheme worked. 

Think about it, the Jets defense kept Brady under 300 yards passing with his lowest passer rating of the season, Blount was held under 70 yards rushing, no Pats WR went over 100 yards receiving and the Patriots 22 points was the lowest amount of points with Brady under center this year. Seriously, whats the problem here if its not the offense? 

Generally speaking, what more must the defense do here? The Jets offense scored 17 points. Who are we beating by scoring 17 points? Not most teams and especially not the NE Patriots. On a player-by-player perspective, sure I can get on guys like Mo and Revis, but as a defensive unit those guys did the job. The offense simply are not scoring points. 

Your forgot Gronk was out and that my friend would have made a world of a difference because we can not cover RB wheel routes or TEs, period. 

4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Bowles ain't going nowhere. He has done a bad job, but the coaching carousel just does not work. He will be given a chance to correct and improve. Put it in the bank

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They will sign Cutler in the offseason but next year's schedule looks just as bad.  I think Bowles is done his firing is only a matter of time,

4 hours ago, SOJ said:

Your forgot Gronk was out and that my friend would have made a world of a difference because we can not cover RB wheel routes or TEs, period. 

You mean both of the Pats TE's were out.

Tony Pauline is a moron but I agree with him this entire coaching staff can take a nice long hike.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:33 AM, Jet Nut said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the offensive game plan and calls today.  Or the way any part of the game was coached.  

Well said. Still don't know hw we lost this ****in game. It was like Brady was giving us one because he felt sorry for us and we STILL lost.

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What does 17 points have to do with it? You can call the right play and the other team can make a play.  Doesn't make it the wrong call.  No matter how good of a game plan there is you're dealing with Fitz.  

Miracle catch?  No, good catch.  No miracles. 

17 points has everything to do with it.  You are what your record asays you are.  Gailey and Fitz lost again.  Fitz fumbles with the game on the line. Big surprise That has never happened before.

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

17 points has everything to do with it.  You are what your record asays you are.  Gailey and Fitz lost again.  Fitz fumbles with the game on the line. Big surprise That has never happened before.

In other words you have no idea of what you are talking about

On 11/28/2016 at 8:02 AM, Bugg said:

Calling a swing pass with the receiver nowhere near the 1st down stick on 3rd and 11 is the definition of scared pussyball crap offense. Found that totally infuriating; this coaching staff doesn't get it and never will. You are not winning the game with your defense (another complete embarrassment again, with zero pass rush and a geriatric Revis "leading" a ghastly secondary) attempting to stop Brady. The Jets needed to get that 1st down and a few others to close this game out AND TODD BOWLES DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS. 

That was the play that infuriated me also. Hackett-like.

After 57 years and season ticket holder I am totally sick of everything about this team from the owner on down. This team does not have a Joe Namath curse it has an ownership curse. The curse started when Leon Hess bought out the other minority owners and put Gutman in charge after the Jets won SB III. It continues because the Hess family sold the team to Woody Johnson who treats it as a toy to play with. The curse will continue until the franchise is sold to an owner who knows and loves football and wants to win championships. I'll be dead when and if this ever happens and so will some of you. If you are young find another team to root for. If your old and a season ticket holder like me sell your tickets to opposing team fans or stay home and let them play in an empty stadium!

Archived