Bowles on Michael Kay

AFJF

Great job by Kay and LeGreca doing everything they could to make sense of the decisoin.  Bowles wouldn't budge.  Basically said he has a "time frame" in his head for Petty and/or Hack to play, but that time is not now.

Said the decision is 100% his and Maccagnan is in agreement.

Wouldn't rule out a Fitz return next season (no effing way)

Said he's not pressured by fans/media

Said starting Petty might put too much pressure on him

That's it off the top of my head

Great job by Kay and LeGreca...they sounded as frustrated as we, the fans are.  Kay did the whole "take the glasses off and stretch my confused face out with my hands" while LaGreca re-capped Bowles' answers.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said starting Petty might put too much pressure on him

I just can't comprehend this....  I wish they hammered him on a followup question asking Bowles "If you think Petty isn't ready and would cause too much pressure on him, do you find this a failure by you and your coaching staff that you couldn't get him ready and wasted a roster spot (carrying 4 QBs) on a player that isn't able to play this year?"

Thanks for the recap though!  Bowles might be the most frustrating coach to question since Eric "consistency" Mangini.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

I just can't comprehend this....  I wish they hammered him on a followup question asking Bowles "If you think Petty isn't ready and would cause too much pressure on him, do you find this a failure by you and your coaching staff that you couldn't get him ready and wasted a roster spot (carrying 4 QBs) on a player that isn't able to play this year?"

Thanks for the recap though!  Bowles might be the most frustrating coach to question since Eric "consistency" Mangini.

They said someting very similar once the call was over.  Complete failure by the CS to say Petty isn't ready after week 11 of year two and their 2nd round pick from this year can't get on the field.  Kay and LaGreca pulled no punches.  Drilled down on Bowles and sounded like a lot of us lunatics on here when discussing Bowles' comments.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Petty isn't ready because he never gets any pre game reps, even the week he started fitz was still getting almost all the reps.  A guy will look ready when you give him a full week of starter reps AND put in a game plan that plays to his strengths

IT IS CALLED PROPER COACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what y'all expect him to say - He's making it as clear as day to me - Petty isn't the guy.  PERIOD!  I don't know how you all are not seeing that. 

The only thing he's not saying is that it was a mistake to not cut him...and they're simply never going to say that - but their actions are saying it clearly.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Bowles doesn't understand that the HC's responsibility is to explain things to the fans who follow the team and that if you don't want to do that part of the job, then you shouldn't be a HC in today's NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!

He has said it.  He said Petty isn't ready.  If Petty isn't ready to play in a  situation like this he's never going to be.  

Just now, RSJ said:

Great coaches dont listen to the media or fans. I am actually encouraged by this.

As well as trust their own judgement on a player.  He doesn't like Petty. 

I know we all want to see it with our own eyes - but it's not the coaches job to let the fans see what he already knows (at least in his mind)

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He has said it.  He said Petty isn't ready.  If Petty isn't ready to play in a  situation like this he's never going to be.  

He's actually said the opposite.  When asked a couple of weeks ago what would happen if Fitz got hurt and Petty had to play, he said if he has to play, he'll be ready.  I get that it's coachspeak, but WTF already?

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Great coaches dont listen to the media or fans. I am actually encouraged by this.

So you're encouraged by a coach that kept 4 Qbs on the roster when one of them was not competent? I can understand Hack, but if Bowles couldn't tell if Petty was the answer (or even close to being capable to start) after 1 full season with the team and a preseason then he isn't that "great." Keep setting that bar low..

20 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Wouldn't rule out a Fitz return next season (no effing way)

W T F

Anyone making PSL payments should stop immediately until that statement is redacted.

If the money stops flowing in, I give it a week or two until Woody bitch slaps Todd.

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not sure what y'all expect him to say - He's making it as clear as day to me - Petty isn't the guy.  PERIOD!  I don't know how you all are not seeing that. 

The only thing he's not saying is that it was a mistake to not cut him...and they're simply never going to say that - but their actions are saying it clearly.

Saying this bulls hi it 100 times does not make it true. This decision is NOT based on an evaluation of Petty, but purely on the size of Bowles vagina

W T F
Anyone making PSL payments should stop immediately until that statement is redacted.
If the money stops flowing in, I give it a week or two until Woody bitch slaps Todd.

Here is the problem Mike

If you don't make payments you lose the PSL value.

So it is easy for an interwebz expert like yourself to advocate from your couch but harder for those who would lose 2500-30000$ per seat

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you're encouraged by a coach that kept 4 Qbs on the roster when one of them was not competent? I can understand Hack, but if Bowles couldn't tell if Petty was the answer (or even close to being capable to start) after 1 full season with the team and a preseason then he isn't that "great." Keep setting that bar low..

Yes, each QB was kept for different reasons. Not necessarily to be the starter this season.

1 minute ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Here is the problem Mike

If you don't make payments you lose the PSL value.

So it is easy for an interwebz expert like yourself to advocate from your couch but harder for those who would lose 2500-30000$ per seat

"PSL value"?  lol, good one.

Preaching to the choir man.  I've been there and done it.

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Saying this bulls hi it 100 times does not make it true. This decision is NOT based on an evaluation of Petty, but purely on the size of Bowles vagina

And you have no reason to believe otherwise, except for your long shot hope that Petty might be the guy.

Why is it so hard to believe that Petty just sucks?

3 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Definitely the right decision by Bowles since Fitzpatrick is the only QB on the roster with any chance of winning a single game. He came close to upsetting Brady and the Pats in a game Petty loses by 3 to 4 TDs

Based on that logic Fitz will be starting next year because he will always be more knowledgeable than any young QB as well, because only bringing in a retread like Romo will force the Jets to sit Fritz.

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Petty isn't ready because he never gets any pre game reps, even the week he started fitz was still getting almost all the reps.  A guy will look ready when you give him a full week of starter reps AND put in a game plan that plays to his strengths

Ray Lucus on SNY said it best yesterday in post game. He, as a former QB, made it clear that you do NOT learn sh*t about a young QB in practice. He needs to get on the field in live games.

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

Ray Lucus on SNY said it best yesterday in post game. He, as a former QB, made it clear that you do NOT learn sh*t about a young QB in practice. He needs to get on the field in live games.

At some point any player, including QB's have to prove themselves in practice in order to get playing time.  Moreover, they did see him for an NFL game.  He very well may have proved out what they were concerned about him.

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Because the clowns that are evaluating him suck?

That might very well be the case - but they're in charge....and if they don't believe he's going to be on the roster next year and they believe Fitz is the better player...Then you go with the better player.

Whose opinion on the player do you want them to use?

I'm not saying what Bowles is doing is right, I'm just saying it's why he's doing it.

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

At some point any player, including QB's have to prove themselves in practice in order to get playing time.  Moreover, they did see him for an NFL game.  He very well may have proved out what they were concerned about him.

Uh no. He was clear about it. He said he NEEDS to start now to be properly evaluated.

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

I agree. Maybe if we lose out and we are 3-13. But I still doubt it.

You can't get rid of him. It makes no sense. Mac and Bowles came in and the cupboards were bare. They signed some free agents to bring some balance and drafted well. Most free agents hit free agency because their first team didnt want them and they have only had two drafts. We are now seeing why the free agents original teams did not want them. That is fine. There is now some young talent on the roster to work with and develop. Another draft and free agency and this team will be competitive, just watch.

I get the frustration folks, because I want to see Petty play also. Let me ask you folks this question . How did the Packers know it was time to move on from a HOF QB in Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers when Rodgers wasn't getting any 1st team reps  ?

Archived