Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

Just now, nyjunc said:

no one is berating you but you can't berate others for not going to go games then not expect it in return when you have admitted you miss a bunch per year and sell your tickets to opposing fans.  Doesn't work that way.

Hasn't it already been established multiple times in this thread that NO ONE is intentionally seeking out opposing fans to sell their season tickets to?

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Really? You think there are actually season ticket holders who buy tickets specifically to sell to fans of opposing teams?

You've somehow reached a new low. I didn't think that was possible. 

I say this respectfully, please don't get involved in this discussion. it has nothing to do w/ you.  

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'll say this again:  No season ticket holder cares about what you sitting at home watching on TV thinks about the people in the seats at the games.  We are not there to impress you.  We are there to be entertained and, occasionally, cheer loudly to help our defense get a big stop.  We help the Jets where it matters most-  the balance sheet.  Our job as major Jets supporters is over in April when we write those big checks to the LLC.

You do nothing to support the Jets that matters.  You don't buy tickets from the Jets box office, you don't pay the Jets for parking, you don't pay the Jets for food on gameday, you don't buy products from the Jets sponsors, you don't buy merchandise from the team shops, you just sit there in front of your TV and you call yourself a dedicated fan.  You are nothing.  You are a freeloader.  You are a passenger.

Being a Jets season ticket holder allows me to talk to complainers like you any way that I like.   See, I mean it when I say that I'm dedicated.  I show it when I say that I'm dedicated.  You have no empowerment to judge paying customers from your couch.  Be quiet and be grateful that I am paying $5,500 a year so you can enjoy the games on free TV.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that TV money far surpasses ticket money, so much so that ticket sales are almost irrelevant to a teams financial viability.  So, while I agree with you on most of this stuff, I'm not sure your financial argument is on point.

How was the hockey game?

Just now, SAR I said:

You better brush up on your SAR backstory before you make comments like this.  Google "SAR New Hampshire 10 hours round trip", do some reading.

Last year I attended 9 out of 10 home games (business trip to Hong Kong took away one game) and bought tickets 50% above face value to attend the Giants road game.

One of the benefits of being a season ticket holder is deciding which games I want to attend.  I pay for that privilege.  In the eyes of the Jets, you exist for one purpose-  to take my tickets for games I can't attend, let me have an outlet to recoup a few of my lost dollars, and thus make me feel better about renewing next year.  So be quiet and do just that.

SAR I

Not to mention he makes that 10-hour round trip in a completely overrated entry-level BMW. 

Can you imagine?

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't buy tickets directly from the Jets- you are correct and it is their fault.

I don't pay for parking, I have a secret spot I park for free

I would never waste my money on bad stadium food after eating bad tailgate food.  I am there to watch football not stuff my face

I don't know who the Jets sponsors are so I probably do buy items from their sponsors but not intentionally.

I do buy merchandise, mostly for my kids though.

Wow, what a great fan you are.

Where were you last Saturday when tickets were only $25 for the best seats in the house?  Tell me, what's your excuse for blowing off the game?  Where's your apology for allowing enemy fans to buy those seats?

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You better brush up on your SAR backstory before you make comments like this.  Google "SAR New Hampshire 10 hours round trip", do some reading.

Last year I attended 9 out of 10 home games (business trip to Hong Kong took away one game) and bought tickets 50% above face value to attend the Giants road game.

One of the benefits of being a season ticket holder is deciding which games I want to attend.  I pay for that privilege.  In the eyes of the Jets, you exist for one purpose-  to take my tickets for games I can't attend, let me have an outlet to recoup a few of my lost dollars, and thus make me feel better about renewing next year.  So be quiet and do just that.

SAR I

ok, so when the team is competitive you will go to as many games as possible.  when they suck you stay away.  I got it.

so you pay $5500 or whatever then "recoup some of your lost dollars" by selling for $30?  ok.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that TV money far surpasses ticket money, so much so that ticket sales are almost irrelevant to a teams financial viability.  So, while I agree with you on most of this stuff, I'm not sure your financial argument is on point.

How was the hockey game?

I think for the fan who pays the money it would be very relevant. 

Just now, SAR I said:

Wow, what a great fan you are.

Where were you last Saturday when tickets were only $25 for the best seats in the house?  Tell me, what's your excuse for blowing off the game?  Where's your apology for allowing enemy fans to buy those seats?

SAR I

where were you?  I am NOT a season ticket holder anymore, I don't like going to games like I used to.  I have no obligation to go, when I was a STH I was fully committed and went to EVERY SINGLE GAME for TWENTY FIVE years. not just when they were good, not 7 of 8 games, EVERY SINGLE ONE and if I ever had extras(when they sucked no one wanted to come and I'd go by MYSELF) I'd either GIVE them for FREE to fellow Jet fans or sell them at face to fellow Jet fans.

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I'll get involved in whatever discussion I damn well please. 

I'm free and over 21 and the last time I checked, this was America. 

then please read over the discussion so you have a clue as to what you are talking about.

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

How was the hockey game?

you are correct, attendance is down league wide.  it's not about attendance anymore. it's mostly about TV rights and getting our fellow schlubs to buy the products they advertise on those games.

Just now, nyjunc said:

then please read over the discussion so you have a clue as to what you are talking about.

you are correct, attendance is down league wide.  it's not about attendance anymore. it's mostly about TV rights and getting our fellow schlubs to buy the products they advertise on those games.

This is not a very deep discussion. 

You don't like my posts so you're grasping at straws. 

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I think for the fan who pays the money it would be very relevant. 

The argument proposed in the post I quoted is that his money is supporting the Jets.  I'm simply offering that I was under the impression that ticket money is nominal when it comes to the financial viability of the Jets.

PS, I also have you on ignore.

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

This is not a very deep discussion. 

You don't like my posts so you're grasping at straws. 

your posts have nothing to do w/ the discussion.  I don't care what your opinion is but at least be informed instead of asking me stupid questions.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Even if attendance was 100%, the situation would be the same, as I understand it.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You are so dedicated you sell your tickets to opposing fans, the Jets laugh at your measly check.  they'd much rather have aJet fan in the stadium than Pats/dolpgins/Ravens or whoever else we play fans in the stadium embarrassing the franchise week after week.

I have been to many more Jet home games than you and when I had tickets I didn't sell to opposing fans.  Don't be upset w/ me b/c you got taken for PSLs.

To operate a successful NFL franchise in a high-expense region like New York, it's imperative that the building is full every game.  Just ask the Mets, Islanders, or Devils how their unsold season tickets affect their performance on the field year after year.  At least half the Jets revenue is generated by ticket sales, parking, concessions, souvenirs, and the rest of the dollars generated by paying customers.  We are quite important.

As for PSL's, they were the greatest gift the Jets ever gave me, I love them as much as my cars or my kids.  They were the mechanism that freed me from the 15 year waiting list and got me into a view that only my great-great-great grandchildren would have dreamed of in the old place.

It must bother you to be so wrong so often.

SAR I

You guys need to switch to decaf.

If SAR goes to the games, sells his tickets or uses them to start a dumpster fire, who cares and why do you give a sh*t?

They are his tickets, he paid for them, he can do anything he wants with them.

As one of you just said, "This is America".

If he wants to run the Beemer off a cliff in Alpine, it's his business.

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I didn't say that at all, I was asking a question based on your asinine comments last week.

if you can afford an $18,000 watch then eating tickets so you don;'t have to sell to opposing fans shouldn't be a problem.  I never once sold tickets to opposing fans, I wouldn

t even let friends come w/ me if they rooted for the other team.

My $18,000 watch cost me $6,000 ten years ago and by the time I will be ready to sell it ten years from now, it will be worth $25,000.

Eating tickets is stupid when it only takes 5 minutes to get them off the Jets Ticketmaster site and up on Stubhub.  And while I only recouped $200 of my $550 outlay for that game it's still money, it's better than nothing.

But, hey, I'm a good guy, there's an easy answer here, let me help you:  For every game I can't attend from now until my PSL expires in 2040, you pay me.  You just PayPal me $550 per game, I'll transfer those tickets to you, and then you can do what you want with them?  Can't go to a certain game?  That's cool, I'm a dad too, I get it.  Just give them away, just like you used to in the old days.  Then you can feel good about helping the Jets keep enemy fans out of MetLife Stadium.  Deal?

SAR I

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Even if attendance was 100%, the situation would be the same, as I understand it.

attendance has been down in recent years(as have TV ratings), even the Packers needed a blackout extension for a playoff game 2 years ago.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

To operate a successful NFL franchise in a high-expense region like New York, it's imperative that the building is full every game.  Just ask the Mets, Islanders, or Devils how their unsold season tickets affect their performance on the field year after year.  At least half the Jets revenue is generated by ticket sales, parking, concessions, souvenirs, and the rest of the dollars generated by paying customers.  We are quite important.

As for PSL's, they were the greatest gift the Jets ever gave me, I love them as much as my cars or my kids.  They were the mechanism that freed me from the 15 year waiting list and got me into a view that only my great-great-great grandchildren would have dreamed of in the old place.

It must bother you to be so wrong so often.

SAR I

that building is RARELY full so I guess the Jets aren't successful?

the Jets have thousands if not tens of thousands of unsold seats which is why they bombard the local airwaves, internet, billboards, etc... advertising  tickets which they never had to do in the past and it's why they harass former ticket holders to buy tickets again.

That's a good reason to like PSLs. 

1 minute ago, Flushing Roots said:

You guys need to switch to decaf.

If SAR goes to the games, sells his tickets or uses them to start a dumpster fire, who cares and why do you give a sh*t?

They are his tickets, he paid for them, he can do anything he wants with them.

As one of you just said, "This is America".

If he wants to run the Beemer off a cliff in Alpine, it's his business.

You are missing the point which is understandable since this back and forth goes back to last week.  I couldn't care less what he does w/ any part of his life including his jets tickets.  this was about him bashing certain people for not going to go games, if he can bash peopel for doing that we can bash for selling to opposing fans and not showing up to all the games.

17 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Really? You think there are actually season ticket holders who buy tickets specifically to sell to fans of opposing teams?

You've somehow reached a new low. I didn't think that was possible. 

Damn, he figured out my master plan.

I pay the Jets $550 per game so I can sell those seats for $200 to Dolphins fans.  See, I hate the Jets so much I want to lose a ton of money, you know, just to show 'em how mad I am.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

My $18,000 watch cost me $6,000 ten years ago and by the time I will be ready to sell it ten years from now, it will be worth $25,000.

Eating tickets is stupid when it only takes 5 minutes to get them off the Jets Ticketmaster site and up on Stubhub.  And while I only recouped $200 of my $550 outlay for that game it's still money, it's better than nothing.

But, hey, I'm a good guy, there's an easy answer here, let me help you:  For every game I can't attend from now until my PSL expires in 2040, you pay me.  You just PayPal me $550 per game, I'll transfer those tickets to you, and then you can do what you want with them?  Can't go to a certain game?  That's cool, I'm a dad too, I get it.  Just give them away, just like you used to in the old days.  Then you can feel good about helping the Jets keep enemy fans out of MetLife Stadium.  Deal?

SAR I

for $30,40,50 what's the point? why not eat so opposing fans don't get them?

why would I spend $550 per game when I can get better seats at a fraction of the cost for any game I want to go to?

If I was a current STH I would give them away or sell to JET fans, I am not committed to be a STH.  when I am committed I am all in, you are not.

Damn, he figured out my master plan.

I pay the Jets $550 per game so I can sell those seats for $200 to Dolphins fans.  See, I hate the Jets so much I want to lose a ton of money, you know, just to show 'em how mad I am.

SAR I

nice deflection but that has nothing to do w/ anything.  My shot at you was based on you taking shots at some of us for not going to games.  you can't bash people for not going to games when you skip many games and sell to opposing fans.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

no one is berating you but you can't berate others for not going to go games then not expect it in return when you have admitted you miss a bunch per year and sell your tickets to opposing fans.  Doesn't work that way.

Sure it works that way.

If a couch potato is going to challenge a season ticket holder on loyalty, they'd better have shown up for the game in question.  You are not going to blame me for trying to make back $200 on a $550 loss if you yourself won't buy tickets to the exact same game for a measly $25.  If someone who made the effort to attend the game wants to take a shot at me, fine, I can at least respect that.  But someone in his PJ's watching the game in a t-shirt with one hand in the pretzel bowl and the other hand on the computer keyboard, no, nope, not happening.

Show up or shut up.  It's really that simple.  If you care soooo much about Dolphin fans invading your stadium, do something about it yourself.  If Jets fans gobble up all the Stubhub tickets, problem solved, so do that.

SAR I

junk is really a wierd dude

1. Doesn't go to games, prefers couch but

2. Nearly every post whines about those who do go and the stadium they have chosen to pay their hard earned dollars to go to to support their team

3. When called on this hypocrisy by other posters, accuses them of lying and/or stalking him, whatever the F that means.

Weird

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

for $30,40,50 what's the point? why not eat so opposing fans don't get them?

why would I spend $550 per game when I can get better seats at a fraction of the cost for any game I want to go to?

If I was a current STH I would give them away or sell to JET fans, I am not committed to be a STH.  when I am committed I am all in, you are not.

Speaking as someone whose family had season tickets for 30 years, its hard to go to every game. People have lives that don't revolve around Jets football 24/7. 

Questioning someone's value as a fan because they don't do exactly what you would do is just plain dumb. 

No one is looking, specifically, to sell tickets to opposing fans. And during a bad season like this one, sometimes it is hard to even give the friggin' things away. Who wants to freeze their ass off to watch sh*tty football? I sure don't.

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

wow! 4 whole games! you are a great fan.  

where did I ever say I didn't go to a single game?  you like making things up, huh?  i said I go to about half the games per year but I have conflicts other days.  That's one of the reasons I gave up my tickets.  If I still had them it would mean I am fully committed and going to every single game like I did for 25 years.  I wouldn't have them just to tell people I have them and then sell to opposing fans.

Ah, so you and I are almost the same then.  We both attended 4 games this year.

Except I pay full price for 10 games and you pay pennies on the dollar for 4 games.

So one of us buys into the Jets on blind faith each April and the other waits to see if they are good or not in October.  One of us bleeds money and the other saves it all.  So who is the more loyal fan?  The one who invested in the 2016 season with his checkbook in April or the one who games the system and sneaks into the game from a secret parking spot having bought tickets for chickenfeed on eBay?

Here, I'll give you the answer:  The season ticket holder is the more loyal fan. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sure it works that way.

If a couch potato is going to challenge a season ticket holder on loyalty, they'd better have shown up for the game in question.  You are not going to blame me for trying to make back $200 on a $550 loss if you yourself won't buy tickets to the exact same game for a measly $25.  If someone who made the effort to attend the game wants to take a shot at me, fine, I can at least respect that.  But someone in his PJ's watching the game in a t-shirt with one hand in the pretzel bowl and the other hand on the computer keyboard, no, nope, not happening.

Show up or shut up.  It's really that simple.  If you care soooo much about Dolphin fans invading your stadium, do something about it yourself.  If Jets fans gobble up all the Stubhub tickets, problem solved, so do that.

SAR I

you don't compare in the loyalty section so move along w/ regards to that.

4 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

junk is really a wierd dude

1. Doesn't go to games, prefers couch but

2. Nearly every post whines about those who do go and the stadium they have chosen to pay their hard earned dollars to go to to support their team

3. When called on this hypocrisy by other posters, accuses them of lying and/or stalking him, whatever the F that means.

Weird

my stalker is back.

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Speaking as someone whose family had season tickets for 30 years, its hard to go to every game. People have lives that don't revolve around Jets football 24/7. 

Questioning someone's value as a fan because they don't do exactly what you would do is just plain dumb. 

No one is looking, specifically, to sell tickets to opposing fans. And during a bad season like this one, sometimes it is hard to even give the friggin' things away. Who wants to freeze their ass off to watch sh*tty football? I sure don't.

again, you are clueless here.  he has taken shots at me and others for not going to games when he has missed half the games this year. you can't bash non STH's for not going when you don't go and you have the tickets.

you don't understand what this discussion is about.

Ah, so you and I are almost the same then.  We both attended 4 games this year.

Except I pay full price for 10 games and you pay pennies on the dollar for 4 games.

So one of us buys into the Jets on blind faith each April and the other waits to see if they are good or not in October.  One of us bleeds money and the other saves it all.  So who is the more loyal fan?  The one who invested in the 2016 season with his checkbook in April or the one who games the system and sneaks into the game from a secret parking spot having bought tickets for chickenfeed on eBay?

Here, I'll give you the answer:  The season ticket holder is the more loyal fan. 

SAR I

That just makes me smarter and again i have been to many more games than you have so to question my loyalty is pretty foolish.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the Jets have thousands if not tens of thousands of unsold seats which is why they bombard the local airwaves, internet, billboards, etc... advertising  tickets which they never had to do in the past and it's why they harass former ticket holders to buy tickets again.

The Jets are 94.7% sold each year.  There are not "tens of thousands" of unsold seats.  There are about 4,000.  Oh, and the Giants have virtually the same metrics, I think they have an additional 500 fans who renew than we do.  It's 5%.  BFD.

Just like joewilly12, you have this fantasy in your mind of what life is like at MetLife Stadium without you there.  You seem compelled to convince yourself and others that the place is a ghost town, the fans don't care, the Jets are getting hit hard in the pocketbook, etc.  The reality?  The Jets have moved on without you and are doing just fine.  You gave way for a loyal Jets fan who got your seats and is very happy in them. 

SAR I

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you don't compare in the loyalty section so move along w/ regards to that.

my stalker is back.

again, you are clueless here.  he has taken shots at me and others for not going to games when he has missed half the games this year. you can't bash non STH's for not going when you don't go and you have the tickets.

you don't understand what this discussion is about.

I don't think you understand what this discussion is about. 

SAR owns those tickets. He paid for them with his hard earned money. (He spent a ton of time on his knees for those tickets.) What he does with them is his business. 

What you do is your business. 

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

That just makes me smarter and again i have been to many more games than you have so to question my loyalty is pretty foolish.

I think its foolish for either one of you to question the other's loyalty. 

You've spent a week arguing about this on a Jets message board during working hours. I'd say you're both pretty ******* loyal. Jeez.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are 94.7% sold each year.  There are not "tens of thousands" of unsold seats.  There are about 4,000.  Oh, and the Giants have virtually the same metrics, I think they have an additional 500 fans who renew than we do.  It's 5%.  BFD.

Just like joewilly12, you have this fantasy in your mind of what life is like at MetLife Stadium without you there.  You seem compelled to convince yourself and others that the place is a ghost town, the fans don't care, the Jets are getting hit hard in the pocketbook, etc.  The reality?  The Jets have moved on without you and are doing just fine.  You gave way for a loyal Jets fan who got your seats and is very happy in them. 

SAR I

SAR I are you still boring this board with your season ticket/stadium rhetoric give it a rest brother Jets fan, peace be with you. 

Jets fans are as loyal as they come. 

Archived