Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SAR I said:

In the big picture, since becoming a full time season ticket holder in 2001 I've averaged about 6 games per year, last year I went to 9 games.

This is not one of those years where going is necessary or warranted.  Did someone say your RV was "investment gold"?

SAR I

Not sure what this has to do with anything.

You are telling Jets fans how great going is, when you aren't going. That is all I was pointing out.

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I get that it's Fish fans and **** them, that's all fine, but this stuff works both ways. We get to travel to the stadiums of other teams and go see away games because their fans do the same thing. Every fanbase does this. Literally every single one of them. Packers fans, Hawks fans, Saints fans, even Cowboys fans.

When the Steelers come to town, or the Cowboys, you know they have a strong national following and you expect a big turnout of their fans. When the Dolphins take over your stadium, when they can't even take over their own stadium, you know you have a problem.

37 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Anyone gonna be there Jan 1?  Would love to hoist a pre-game beer with you all.

JetNation never misses a game. Ever. :)

But I don't drink, so gonna have to pass on that beer lol.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Exactly, it's not the 80s anymore, no matter who is playing, no matter who the home team is, 20% or so of the fans in the building will be wearing enemy colors.

You should see how many Jets fans show up in Foxboro each year, it's astounding, far more Jets fans up there for a given game than Dolphins fans in New York for a given game.

SAR I

I have been there a few times too. Pops and I were even at the 45-3 buried football blowout. Been to over half the stadiums in the league for Jets away games and every single time there have been tons of us. We do this very thing. Especially during seasons when the Jets are good. Jets fans travel well and it seems like a really bizarre thing to get pissed about because our fanbase is all about it.

43 minutes ago, Maxman said:

When the Steelers come to town, or the Cowboys, you know they have a strong national following and you expect a big turnout of their fans. When the Dolphins take over your stadium, when they can't even take over their own stadium, you know you have a problem.

And in some other city where they think our fanbase sucks, one day in the future the Jets will be good, they won't be, they'll dump their tickets, and we'll take over their stadium. Viva la ticket reselling.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And in some other city where they think our fanbase sucks, one day in the future the Jets will be good, they won't be, they'll dump their tickets, and we'll take over their stadium. Viva la ticket reselling.

Ok that is all well and good. But I was commenting on Sar's original point...he said our stadium is great, we are # 1 in attendance, and it doesn't get better than that.

My point remains, for those of us going to the games every week, to those of us that never sell our tickets, it does get better than that. When that involves your stadium being filled with Dolphins fans.

Just now, Maxman said:

Ok that is all well and good. But I was commenting on Sar's original point...he said we are # 1 in attendance and it doesn't get better than that.

My point remains, for those of us going to the games every week, to those of us that never sell our tickets, it does get better than that. When that involves your stadium being filled with Dolphins fans.

Ah I get it. Sorry, I get sensitive to this current persecution of ticket resale buyers that seems to be sweeping the Internet.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ah I get it. Sorry, I get sensitive to this current persecution of ticket resale buyers that seems to be sweeping the Internet.

Yeah, I never give fans a hard time when they sell their tickets. It is something I will never do, but I totally get why others do. Life is important, there are other events. I just drew this weird line in the sand saying I will never miss a game when I was 18 lol. But I don't question others for not going, especially in years like this.

I just don't like when season tickets holders that sold their tickets tell us how great it is there. When they weren't there. :)

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah, I never give fans a hard time when they sell their tickets. It is something I will never do, but I totally get why others do. Life is important, there are other events. I just drew this weird line in the sand saying I will never miss a game when I was 18 lol. But I don't question others for not going, especially in years like this.

I just don't like when season tickets holders that sold their tickets tell us how great it is there. When they weren't there. :)

Thats why I used past tense when describing it. ? 

We took a year off because we had our son... We actually really miss it even with the bad play...

Babysitter will be ready to go next season!

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, because when people watch, oh let say Notre Dame home football games they often discuss how the field looks amateurish.  

Almost as bad as trying to convince anyone that the field looked like a bad HS field.

we are NOT Notre Dame football.  if we had 10 championships w/ blank end zones I'd be with you.  the field looked like crap, we have no tradition.  I prefer the green EZ's, why does everyone care so much what I think? if you like stripes who cares? I don't.

I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything, it did look like a bad HS field.  the average HS field has logos in their EZs.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

JetNation never misses a game. Ever. :)

But I don't drink, so gonna have to pass on that beer lol.

the dolphins actually have a strong fanbase in our area,  all the great teams of the 70s do(Raiders, Steelers, dolphins, Cowboys).  they have been bad for so long those fans were sleeping but in now that they are good they are awake.

we are NOT Notre Dame football.  if we had 10 championships w/ blank end zones I'd be with you.  the field looked like crap, we have no tradition.  I prefer the green EZ's, why does everyone care so much what I think? if you like stripes who cares? I don't.

I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything, it did look like a bad HS field.  the average HS field has logos in their EZs.

How do you know how the field looked??

10 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The entire season and stadium experience have been terrible this year.  This was a terrible team and when you add in the lousy home schedule it made it even worse. 

I've sat through some AWFUL seasons but even the tailgating hasn't been as good this year.  With terrible traffic patterns, pee wee football teams getting in before the lots open and taking up certain parking spots, Ubers all over when you try to exit and many other things it just makes the losing that much worse.

I never root for a season to end and I enjoy the tailgates and the friends I have around me but for the first time in my 26 years with season tickets I cannot wait for this season to be over.

Amen brother !!

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I'm not It getting your picky whine about one game since 1983 not to say Jets in the EZ. 

Its not a big dead, you're just making it into one.  

Most certainly did not look like a bad HS field.  Problem is we look like a bad HS football team though

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not It getting your picky whine about one game since 1983 not to say Jets in the EZ. 

Its not a big dead, you're just making it into one.  

Most certainly did not look like a bad HS field.  Problem is we look like a bad HS football team though

did I fly a banner? all I did was say I don't like it, it looked as bad as I knew it would.  I am allowed to have my personal preferences.  I love the green EZs, I think it sucks we got a $2 bil tin can and they can't find a way to change it overnight. 

On 12/20/2016 at 1:04 AM, Maxman said:

You are telling Jets fans how great going is, when you aren't going. That is all I was pointing out.

On 12/15/2016 at 2:41 PM, SAR I said:

I can talk to 1998 where we whipped the warm weather Jacksonville Jaguars and 2002 where we crushed the dome Indianapolis Colts as two very recent examples of January homefield advantage over opponents that surely helped us to big victories.

The stadium isn't second-rate.  It's a cement bowl for fans, no different than Dallas, Houston, Washington, pick one.  The important thing is that we are #1 in attendance in the AFC, even in crappy down years like this one.  More Jets fans than Shea (only held 62,000) and Giants (only held 76,000) watching the Jets every week.  Doesn't get much better than that.

SAR I

My original quote is above.  I was not speaking to a single game or a single season.  I was speaking in the aggregate and saying that MetLife Stadium holds more Jets fans than Shea or Giants Stadium ever did and that when the team is good and we are playing meaningful games in December, the place rocks and it doesn't get much better than that.

SAR I

10 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I think it sucks we got a $2 bil tin can and they can't find a way to change it overnight. 

And the rest of us don't think it sucks so please chalk this up as a battle that's all in your mind and let it go.

SAR I

40 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I am curious to know when do you think we will return to this?

Since the only reason the Jets had a winning season last year was a fluke Fitzpatrick explosion and a ridiculously easy schedule, the answer is "not for the foreseeable future".

If you remove the Fitzmagic outlier, we look like this since 2010:

2011 8-8
2012 6-10
2013 8-8
2014 4-12
2016 4-12

That's a record of 30-50 or an average record of 6-10.

We are a bum team destroyed by Rex Ryan's neglect and John Idzik's stupidity that's in Year 2 of a rebuild-on-the-fly.  The Dallas Cowboys have been waiting 22 years to win a playoff game, the Oakland Raiders haven't seen the playoffs for 15 years, and the only reason either is in contention is because they are getting MVP caliber quarterback play.

We squandered the good that we had from the Parcells tree.  His draft picks, Mangini's draft picks.  The strategy of being ready to pounce on the division the moment Belichick and Brady retire doesn't look nearly on track.  Turning our backs on Sanchez looks like one of the worst decisions in team history.  We may be another 10 years away from the playoffs.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

And the rest of us don't think it sucks so please chalk this up as a battle that's all in your mind and let it go.

SAR I

so were there more fans at the stadium the other night than we ever had in the old place?

7 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Another couch fan unhappy with a stadium he never goes to

stop stalking me you weirdo.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Since the only reason the Jets had a winning season last year was a fluke Fitzpatrick explosion and a ridiculously easy schedule, the answer is "not for the foreseeable future".

If you remove the Fitzmagic outlier, we look like this since 2010:

2011 8-8
2012 6-10
2013 8-8
2014 4-12
2016 4-12

That's a record of 30-50 or an average record of 6-10.

We are a bum team destroyed by Rex Ryan's neglect and John Idzik's stupidity that's in Year 2 of a rebuild-on-the-fly.  The Dallas Cowboys have been waiting 22 years to win a playoff game, the Oakland Raiders haven't seen the playoffs for 15 years, and the only reason either is in contention is because they are getting MVP caliber quarterback play.

We squandered the good that we had from the Parcells tree.  His draft picks, Mangini's draft picks.  The strategy of being ready to pounce on the division the moment Belichick and Brady retire doesn't look nearly on track.  Turning our backs on Sanchez looks like one of the worst decisions in team history.  We may be another 10 years away from the playoffs.

SAR I

Very sound assessment.  All valid points.

Can't argue your prediction.  Sad but look at our historical trend which you pointed out.

Our only hope is that we strike gold with that franchise QB.

Archived