Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HessStation said:

And the fact if you don't prepay for a permit they make park 10 miles away and have to get on a ****kng bus to get to the stadium. 

Why don't they have a lot for people who want to pay on the day of the game charge $40-$50 who cares but the off site parking idea sucks. 

Have to say, having been there for the game the end zone thing is not something I cared about. Like big whoop/

There were 900 other things on and off the field I was concerned about. Plain end zones, not one of them.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The non-team-branded endzones really hurt the Giants yesterday.

SAR I

it was never about hurting the team, it was about looking amateurish which it did for both teams. we get a near $2 billion tin can and the field is one of the best only nice parts and it looked like a bad HS field.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The non-team-branded endzones really hurt the Giants yesterday.

SAR I

so were there more people there than we used to get in the old stadium? I heard the lowest crowds in the new place are higher than the biggest in the old place.  

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

it was never about hurting the team, it was about looking amateurish which it did for both teams. we get a near $2 billion tin can and the field is one of the best only nice parts and it looked like a bad HS field.

Does anyone really care  about the names and logos in the endzone.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so were there more people there than we used to get in the old stadium? I heard the lowest crowds in the new place are higher than the biggest in the old place.  

The new stadium holds about 10,000 more people so I would certainly expect hat to happen.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Does anyone really care  about the names and logos in the endzone.

I do, I like the look of the field as we usually have it.  it looks much better than the old non painted EZs at the old Stadium.  does it matter in the long run? of course not but I like it,

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The new stadium holds about 10,000 more people so I would certainly expect hat to happen.

it holds more but less fans actually go to games.  it was part of a big back and forth in here on Friday.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I do, I like the look of the field as we usually have it.  it looks much better than the old non painted EZs at the old Stadium.  does it matter in the long run? of course not but I like it,

it holds more but less fans actually go to games.  it was part of a big back and forth in here on Friday.

Certainly more people sell their seats then before but overall I would think the same amount still go.  It can be deceptive from TV as a large portion of the mid field bowl has club access - so there look like large portions of open seats.

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Certainly more people sell their seats then before but overall I would think the same amount still go.  It can be deceptive from TV as a large portion of the mid field bowl has club access - so there look like large portions of open seats.

I understand that, it was in reference to a quote made by another poster last week.

On 12/15/2016 at 2:41 PM, SAR I said:

Doesn't get much better than that.

SAR I

You have sold your seats a bunch of games this year. The stadium was filled with Dolphins fans chanting here we go dolphins.

I can tell you from personal experience, it could get a lot better than that.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

You have sold your seats a bunch of games this year. The stadium was filled with Dolphins fans chanting here we go dolphins.

I can tell you from personal experience, it could get a lot better than that.

Speaking on behalf of thousands of Jets fans everywhere, the Jets may be guaranteed our money but they are not guaranteed our time.

I don't mind losing $550 on Saturday but I very much would have minded the no-show that our lazy and overpaid roster put forth.  I'd sit there with bells on rooting my little heart out for a team that went 0-16 but gave 100% on every play.  I will not sit there for a team that goes 4-12 and gives a 50% effort on every other play.

I love the Jets.  I hate this team.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Speaking on behalf of thousands of Jets fans everywhere, the Jets may be guaranteed our money but they are not guaranteed our time.

I don't mind losing $550 on Saturday but I very much would have minded the no-show that our lazy and overpaid roster put forth.  I'd sit there with bells on rooting my little heart out for a team that went 0-16 but gave 100% on every play.  I will not sit there for a team that goes 4-12 and gives a 50% effort on every other play.

I love the Jets.  I hate this team.

SAR I

That is fine. I wasn't questioning you getting money back.

I was just saying you can't tell people how great the stadium and game day experience is, if you aren't there all the time. :)

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is fine. I wasn't questioning you getting money back.

I was just saying you can't tell people how great the stadium and game day experience is, if you aren't there all the time.

In the big picture, since becoming a full time season ticket holder in 2001 I've averaged about 6 games per year, last year I went to 9 games.

This is not one of those years where going is necessary or warranted.  Did someone say your RV was "investment gold"?

SAR I

1 hour ago, OH THE PAIN said:

That's a contradiction . You either hate or love the Jets . Which is it ?

8 minutes ago, Hofstra Jet said:

He roots for the laundry, which most of us do.. We don't have to love the names on the back of their jerseys. I agree with Sar 100%. This years team is a bunch of fools 

Precisely.  We have a team of Geno Smith's, I'd prefer a team of Leonard Williams's.

SAR I

I get that it's Fish fans and **** them, that's all fine, but this stuff works both ways. We get to travel to the stadiums of other teams and go see away games because their fans do the same thing. Every fanbase does this. Literally every single one of them. Packers fans, Hawks fans, Saints fans, even Cowboys fans.

11 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Yes, because when people watch, oh let say Notre Dame home football games they often discuss how the field looks amateurish.  

Almost as bad as trying to convince anyone that the field looked like a bad HS field.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I get that it's Fish fans and **** them, that's all fine, but this stuff works both ways. We get to travel to the stadiums of other teams and go see away games because their fans do the same thing. Every fanbase does this. Literally every single one of them. Packers fans, Hawks fans, Saints fans, even Cowboys fans.

Exactly, it's not the 80s anymore, no matter who is playing, no matter who the home team is, 20% or so of the fans in the building will be wearing enemy colors.

You should see how many Jets fans show up in Foxboro each year, it's astounding, far more Jets fans up there for a given game than Dolphins fans in New York for a given game.

SAR I

The entire season and stadium experience have been terrible this year.  This was a terrible team and when you add in the lousy home schedule it made it even worse. 

I've sat through some AWFUL seasons but even the tailgating hasn't been as good this year.  With terrible traffic patterns, pee wee football teams getting in before the lots open and taking up certain parking spots, Ubers all over when you try to exit and many other things it just makes the losing that much worse.

I never root for a season to end and I enjoy the tailgates and the friends I have around me but for the first time in my 26 years with season tickets I cannot wait for this season to be over.

Archived