Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Since the only reason the Jets had a winning season last year was a fluke Fitzpatrick explosion and a ridiculously easy schedule, the answer is "not for the foreseeable future".

If you remove the Fitzmagic outlier, we look like this since 2010:

2011 8-8
2012 6-10
2013 8-8
2014 4-12
2016 4-12

That's a record of 30-50 or an average record of 6-10.

We are a bum team destroyed by Rex Ryan's neglect and John Idzik's stupidity that's in Year 2 of a rebuild-on-the-fly.  The Dallas Cowboys have been waiting 22 years to win a playoff game, the Oakland Raiders haven't seen the playoffs for 15 years, and the only reason either is in contention is because they are getting MVP caliber quarterback play.

We squandered the good that we had from the Parcells tree.  His draft picks, Mangini's draft picks.  The strategy of being ready to pounce on the division the moment Belichick and Brady retire doesn't look nearly on track.  Turning our backs on Sanchez looks like one of the worst decisions in team history.  We may be another 10 years away from the playoffs.

SAR I

some good stuff in here but some incorrect stuff too:

Dallas broke their playoff losing streak 2 years ago when they beat Detroit(who hasn't won a playoff game since 1991).

Rex didn't ruin anything, it started w/ firing Tannenbaum then hiring Idzik

BP was an awful evaluator of college talent, his drafts from 1997-1999 were brutal especially considering he inherited the #1 overall pick and Groh ran the 2000 draft which looks good on paper until you peel back and realize part of the reason we had all those picks was b/c we gave up Belichick.  if we don't give up BB(which as all BP) we get BB and in all likelihood Brady as he would have had the same staff in place he had in NE.  so the one good draft he was involved w/(but Groh was running) came at the expense of arming our rivals w/ a dynasty.  BP was a disaster outside of coaching(where he is an all time great).

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

so were there more fans at the stadium the other night than we ever had in the old place?

stop stalking me you weirdo.

No.

There were more tickets sold to Jets fans the other night than we ever had in the old place, and that's what matters.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No.

There were more tickets sold to Jets fans the other night than we ever had in the old place, and that's what matters.

SAR I

how could that be when the place was full of dolphin fans?  I heard more cheering for Miami than for the Jets.

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

how could that be when the place was full of dolphin fans?  I heard more cheering for Miami than for the Jets.

As the Jets are 94.7% sold out, that would be 78,127 Jets fans who bought tickets to the game.  That's what matters.  That's what shows how loyal your fanbase is.

If we chose not to go and if Dolphins fans bought the tickets instead, who cares?  It doesn't matter how many Dolphins fans were there; what matters is how few Jets fans were there.

Those of us who actually buy the tickets don't care what you TV viewers think.  We do what's best for us when the competitive part of the season ends.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As the Jets are 94.7% sold out, that would be 78,127 Jets fans who bought tickets to the game.  That's what matters.  That's what shows how loyal your fanbase is.

If we chose not to go and if Dolphins fans bought the tickets instead, who cares?  It doesn't matter how many Dolphins fans were there; what matters is how few Jets fans were there.

Those of us who actually buy the tickets don't care what you TV viewers think.  We do what's best for us when the competitive part of the season ends.

SAR I

I assume you believe in santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too.

those of us that watch games on TV don't like when those that attack others for not going decide not to go and sell tickets to opposing fans.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I assume you believe in santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too.

those of us that watch games on TV don't like when those that attack others for not going decide not to go and sell tickets to opposing fans.

Speak for yourself. As someone who watches every game on TV since I live 950 miles from the Meadowlands, what I don't like is when the Jets play like hot garbage.

If the place is empty and the Jets play great - I'm stoked. If the place is packed with 80k people wearing green and constantly chanting and the Jets suck - I'm pissed.

5 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Speak for yourself. As someone who watches every game on TV since I live 950 miles from the Meadowlands, what I don't like is when the Jets play like hot garbage.

If the place is empty and the Jets play great - I'm stoked. If the place is packed with 80k people wearing green and constantly chanting and the Jets suck - I'm pissed.

what does that have to do w/ the discussion sar and I were having?

Just now, nyjunc said:

What do you care what someone does with the tickets that they own. Most tickets are not sold directly individual to individual. They are sold on stub hub and NFL ticket exchange where you have no idea what team the person buying the ticket is a fan of. 

This is a dumb argument. 

As a Jets fan, I don't care what the crowd sounds like or looks like. I care how the team plays. 

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

What do you care what someone does with the tickets that they own. Most tickets are not sold directly individual to individual. They are sold on stub hub and NFL ticket exchange where you have no idea what team the person buying the ticket is a fan of. 

This is a dumb argument. 

As a Jets fan, I don't care what the crowd sounds like or looks like. I care how the team plays. 

go back and read the discussion, that should help answer all of your questions.

Thanks and have a wonderful Holiday season.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I'll say this again:  No season ticket holder cares about what you sitting at home watching on TV thinks about the people in the seats at the games.  We are not there to impress you.  We are there to be entertained and, occasionally, cheer loudly to help our defense get a big stop.  We help the Jets where it matters most-  the balance sheet.  Our job as major Jets supporters is over in April when we write those big checks to the LLC.

You do nothing to support the Jets that matters.  You don't buy tickets from the Jets box office, you don't pay the Jets for parking, you don't pay the Jets for food on gameday, you don't buy products from the Jets sponsors, you don't buy merchandise from the team shops, you just sit there in front of your TV and you call yourself a dedicated fan.  You are nothing.  You are a freeloader.  You are a passenger.

Being a Jets season ticket holder allows me to talk to complainers like you any way that I like.   See, I mean it when I say that I'm dedicated.  I show it when I say that I'm dedicated.  You have no empowerment to judge paying customers from your couch.  Be quiet and be grateful that I am paying $5,500 a year so you can enjoy the games on free TV.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I don't want to. 

Here, I'll summarize:

Jets game had too many Dolphins fans for his liking, so the guy sitting on the couch is mad at me for giving my seats up instead of mad at himself for letting them fall into enemy hands to begin with.  Somehow it's bad for me to sell my tickets and it's okay for him not to buy them. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Here, I'll summarize:

Jets game had too many Dolphins fans for his liking, so the guy sitting on the couch is mad at me for giving my seats up instead of mad at himself for letting them fall into enemy hands to begin with.  Somehow it's bad for me to sell my tickets and it's okay for him not to buy them. 

SAR I

I stand corrected.

This is an INCREDIBLY dumb argument. 

And it's basically exactly what I thought it was. 

34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Quite a lot actually.  He's saying that he cares about what the Jets look like on TV and not the fans in the stands.

Yankee fan here, I watch all the games on TV, never go to games. 

1.  I don't get mad when the seats behind home plate are completely empty.
2.  I don't judge the rich people who own those seats.
3.  I am happy that Yankee games are provided for me at a nominal cost on cable TV.
4.  I am happy when the Yankees play hard and win.
5.  I get upset when the Yankees don't play hard and lose.

SAR I

Quite a lot actually.  He's saying that he cares about what the Jets look like on TV and not the fans in the stands.

3.  I am happy that Yankee games are provided for me at a nominal cost on cable TV.

SAR I

This is a pretty simple concept. 

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable in this thread is how much I am agreeing with SAR. That's not supposed to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I stand corrected.

This is an INCREDIBLY dumb argument. 

And it's basically exactly what I thought it was. 

If other season ticket holders want to berate me for no-showing this season I can at least respect their position and view them as people who have a right to challenge me.

When someone who watches games on his couch tries to berate me, different story.  This guy could have bought my Dolphins tickets for the same lousy $29 some Fish fan bought them for, he had the power to control the dynamic of the stadium crowd to his liking, he chose not to.  He should look in the mirror to understand why there were so few Jets fans in attendance.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

This is a pretty simple concept. 

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable in this thread is how much I am agreeing with SAR. That's not supposed to happen. 

Agreed.  You are one of the few posters I've blocked, can't remember why.  Hitting this "view this post" button is getting as tiresome as watching Darrelle Revis or the grass grow.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

If other season ticket holders want to berate me for no-showing this season I can at least respect their position and view them as people who have a right to challenge me.

When someone who watches games on his couch tries to berate me, different story.  This guy could have bought my Dolphins tickets for the same lousy $29 some Fish fan bought them for, he had the power to control the dynamic of the stadium crowd to his liking, he chose not to.  He should look in the mirror to understand why there were so few Jets fans in attendance.

SAR I

Right. He'd have a point had he actually gone to the game. 

Agreed.  You are one of the few posters I've blocked, can't remember why.  Hitting this "view this post" button is getting as tiresome as watching Darrelle Revis or the grass grow.

SAR I

Or watching Darrelle Revis watch the grass grow.... which is apparently what he does on Sunday afternoons now. 

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'll say this again:  No season ticket holder cares about what you sitting at home watching on TV thinks about the people in the seats at the games.  We are not there to impress you.  We are there to be entertained and, occasionally, cheer loudly to help our defense get a big stop.  We help the Jets where it matters most-  the balance sheet.  Our job as major Jets supporters is over in April when we write those big checks to the LLC.

You do nothing to support the Jets that matters.  You don't buy tickets from the Jets box office, you don't pay the Jets for parking, you don't pay the Jets for food on gameday, you don't buy products from the Jets sponsors, you don't buy merchandise from the team shops, you just sit there in front of your TV and you call yourself a dedicated fan.  You are nothing.  You are a freeloader.  You are a passenger.

Being a Jets season ticket holder allows me to talk to complainers like you any way that I like.   See, I mean it when I say that I'm dedicated.  I show it when I say that I'm dedicated.  You have no empowerment to judge paying customers from your couch.  Be quiet and be grateful that I am paying $5,500 a year so you can enjoy the games on free TV.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

do I care what any season ticket holder thinks?

clearly you are not there at all and just there to sell tickets to opposing fans

$5,000 is not a big check.  you would think someone w/ an $18billion watch would know this.

I don't buy tickets directly from the Jets- you are correct and it is their fault.

I don't pay for parking, I have a secret spot I park for free

I would never waste my money on bad stadium food after eating bad tailgate food.  I am there to watch football not stuff my face

I don't know who the Jets sponsors are so I probably do buy items from their sponsors but not intentionally.

I do buy merchandise, mostly for my kids though.

You are so dedicated you sell your tickets to opposing fans, the Jets laugh at your measly check.  they'd much rather have aJet fan in the stadium than Pats/dolpgins/Ravens or whoever else we play fans in the stadium embarrassing the franchise week after week.

I have been to many more Jet home games than you and when I had tickets I didn't sell to opposing fans.  Don't be upset w/ me b/c you got taken for PSLs.

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Right. He'd have a point had he actually gone to the game. 

Exactly.  And what's worse:

The fan who paid out $5,500 for 4 season tickets, already made the effort to attend 4 games, and decided to no-show for a meaningless Dolphins night game?

-or-

The fan who didn't bother to go to a single game all season who could have had a great seat to the Dolphins game for $25?

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Here, I'll summarize:

SAR I

I didn't say that at all, I was asking a question based on your asinine comments last week.

if you can afford an $18,000 watch then eating tickets so you don;'t have to sell to opposing fans shouldn't be a problem.  I never once sold tickets to opposing fans, I wouldn

t even let friends come w/ me if they rooted for the other team.

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

1. where did I get mad?

2. where did I judge? stating a fact isn't judging.

3. ok

4. ok

5. ok

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

clearly you are not there at all and just there to sell tickets to opposing fans

Really? You think there are actually season ticket holders who buy tickets specifically to sell to fans of opposing teams?

You've somehow reached a new low. I didn't think that was possible. 

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

no one is berating you but you can't berate others for not going to go games then not expect it in return when you have admitted you miss a bunch per year and sell your tickets to opposing fans.  Doesn't work that way.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

$5,000 is not a big check.  you would think someone w/ an $18billion watch would know this.

You better brush up on your SAR backstory before you make comments like this.  Google "SAR New Hampshire 10 hours round trip", do some reading.

Last year I attended 9 out of 10 home games (business trip to Hong Kong took away one game) and bought tickets 50% above face value to attend the Giants road game.

One of the benefits of being a season ticket holder is deciding which games I want to attend.  I pay for that privilege.  In the eyes of the Jets, you exist for one purpose-  to take my tickets for games I can't attend, let me have an outlet to recoup a few of my lost dollars, and thus make me feel better about renewing next year.  So be quiet and do just that.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.  And what's worse:

The fan who paid out $5,500 for 4 season tickets, already made the effort to attend 4 games, and decided to no-show for a meaningless Dolphins night game?

-or-

The fan who didn't bother to go to a single game all season who could have had a great seat to the Dolphins game for $25?

SAR I

wow! 4 whole games! you are a great fan.  

where did I ever say I didn't go to a single game?  you like making things up, huh?  i said I go to about half the games per year but I have conflicts other days.  That's one of the reasons I gave up my tickets.  If I still had them it would mean I am fully committed and going to every single game like I did for 25 years.  I wouldn't have them just to tell people I have them and then sell to opposing fans.

Archived