Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I bash no one.  I defend myself and other PSL owners from condescending posters who think they have a lifetime pass on "loyalty" when they quit on the team and don't show up.

I won't attend Saturday night because of my son, who I am very proud of, getting a start as a varsity goaltender for his defending Bergen County championship team.  He's only a sophomore.  He's only been on skates for 14 months.

Going to every game is not some badge of honor.  Writing a check for $5,000 each April, is.

SAR I

Good luck to your son.  Must be an awesome night for both of you.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Season ticket holders don't sell to opposing fans, friend.

Season ticket holders put their seats up for sale on Stubhub well below face value and fans like YOU don't buy them.  That's how opposing fans get in.

All the problems you perceive in the stadium, from not enough cheering, to not enough chanting, to too many enemy fans in attendance, that's all on YOU.  What's missing in the stadium is YOU.  Tickets have never been this cheap before.  So show up or shut up.

SAR I

you put it up on stubhub and they are scooped up by opposing fans.

it's on me? I am not a STH anymore and missing games, that's on YOU.

price was never the issue, again I went to 250 straight games.  I don't have time in my life to go now so I bow out rather than keep paying for tickets and sell them to opposing fans like you.

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And who said your values are correct?

And you didn't sell your tickets because back in the day they were $18 a seat and there was no internet to sell them on, so don't give me this line about how oh-so loyal you were. When I was in my 20's and could get tickets, I didn't miss a game either. 

Again, you don't get some lifetime pass for loyalty when tickets were cheap and you were a youngster.  It's 2016.  What are you doing now?  Are you writing a check to the Jets for $5,000 in April? 

Thought so.  Keep quiet.  Let the grown ups enjoy their stadium.  Thanks.

SAR I

I didn't make any judgments on anyone's values.

You know the internet has been around for decades, right? there may not have been stubhub when I became a STH but there was ebay early on which is where many people bought tickets.  I easily could have put them up, I did for other sports.  when I had extras I either sold them at the stadium to JET FANS or gave them to JET FANS.

No, I am not going to be fleeced for $5,000 when I can get the same tickets for a fraction of that cost and go to any game I want to go to.

again, your little $5k means nothing to the Jets. being in that building and being loud and actually at the games means something.  unfortunately you don't go often enough and sell to opposing fans.  sorry you have a  guilty conscience.

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You want to know what stupid sh*t that makes the Jets look like the red headed bastard child of the NFL?

Fans like you who are conditioned to overreact to everything, take it as a personal insult, and whine about it like a child.

SAR I

Wipe the sand out of your gina and remember we are on a discussion board discussing everything the Jets do good or bad.  Just b/c you pay for the season tix doesn't mean you have to agree with every damn thing the org does at the stadium.

I don't see how I overreacted.  Its bad optics for both organizations but especially for the Jets since they are the national game on Saturday night and fans across the country are going to ask why does the field looks like a high school field.  The only benefit here is that the Jets are so bad probably only a small percentage of NFL fans will actually see the high school field.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Wipe the sand out of your gina and remember we are on a discussion board discussing everything the Jets do good or bad.  Just b/c you pay for the season tix doesn't mean you have to agree with every damn thing the org does at the stadium.

I don't see how I overreacted.  Its bad optics for both organizations but especially for the Jets since they are the national game on Saturday night and fans across the country are going to ask why does the field looks like a high school field.  The only benefit here is that the Jets are so bad probably only a small percentage of NFL fans will actually see the high school field.

Agree on the field comments. 

Dont forget the $18,000 wrist watch he's wearing today :D

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree on the field comments. 

Dont forget the $18,000 wrist watch he's wearing today :D

Nah no point, because what I brought to the discussion has nothing to do with how much money he makes, or how long he has been a STH or the fact that he is a STH.  He came at me because I have pride in being a Jets fan and find it embarassing when I have to answer to Pats fans and other fans around the league who laugh at us when we do amateur sh*t.  

A real question for everyone, does anyone know the last time a NFL game has been played with neutral endzonesn or endzones with no emblems/logos?  I feel like this is a first in the modern day NFL and again makes the optics look bad.  If I was Woody, I would have refused and got with the Giants and paid the OT necessary to make the changes no matter the cost.

10 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Nah no point, because what I brought to the discussion has nothing to do with how much money he makes, or how long he has been a STH or the fact that he is a STH.  He came at me because I have pride in being a Jets fan and find it embarassing when I have to answer to Pats fans and other fans around the league who laugh at us when we do amateur sh*t.  

A real question for everyone, does anyone know the last time a NFL game has been played with neutral endzonesn or endzones with no emblems/logos?  I feel like this is a first in the modern day NFL and again makes the optics look bad.  If I was Woody, I would have refused and got with the Giants and paid the OT necessary to make the changes no matter the cost.

I can't remember what game it was but one away game this year the endzone just had big diamonds painted on them and no team name or emblem. I think it was either the Dolphins or Chiefs. I rember someone commenting on how they didn't like it.

1 minute ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I can't remember what game it was but one away game this year the endzone just had big diamonds painted on them and no team name or emblem. I think it was either the Dolphins or Chiefs. I rember someone commenting on how they didn't like it.

Good catch, I was trying to google it before but couldn't get any hits.  Searching dolphins though got me a hit.  Looks like they deliberately did it as part of the "throwback design for throwback thursday football"

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/12/14/miami-dolphins-paint-their-field-in-throwback-design-for-throwback-night/ 

16 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I don't remember if it was both end zones, but it was definitely the end zone I was in when we played in Pittsburgh earlier this year

50 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you put it up on stubhub and they are scooped up by opposing fans.

it's on me? I am not a STH anymore and missing games, that's on YOU.

Yes, it's on you.  If you care so much about my tickets not falling into enemy hands, it's completely preventable.  Buy them from me.  Otherwise, don't tell me what to do with my money.  It's not your business what I give Woody Johnson, it's not your business what I get from Stubhub.  If you want to make sure my tickets don't go to Dolphins fans tomorrow night, buy them.  Simple.  One of those rare instances where you can get exactly what you want.  So do it.  You have PayPal?

SAR I

53 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I didn't make any judgments on anyone's values.

again, your little $5k means nothing to the Jets. being in that building and being loud and actually at the games means something.  unfortunately you don't go often enough and sell to opposing fans.  sorry you have a  guilty conscience.

Last year I went to 9 of 10 home games.  I went to the Giants away game, that makes 10 of 11 potential contests.  I think that says it all.

I don't sell to opposing fans.  I put my seats up for sale, usually below face value, for any fan to purchase.  If an enemy fan buys it because Jets fans are too cheap, that's on them, not me.

I have a guilty conscience over nothing.  I'm one hell of a fan.  Even I know that.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Apologies if I was too harsh.  Let me say this again, more respectfully this time:

Only a pussy cares about paint in an endzone.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, it's on you.  If you care so much about my tickets not falling into enemy hands, it's completely preventable.  Buy them from me.  Otherwise, don't tell me what to do with my money.  It's not your business what I give Woody Johnson, it's not your business what I get from Stubhub.  If you want to make sure my tickets don't go to Dolphins fans tomorrow night, buy them.  Simple.  One of those rare instances where you can get exactly what you want.  So do it.  You have PayPal?

SAR I

don't tell me what type of fan I am hen you ell to opposing fan. if you buy the tickets go to the games, problem solved.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Last year I went to 9 of 10 home games.  I went to the Giants away game, that makes 10 of 11 potential contests.  I think that says it all.

I don't sell to opposing fans.  I put my seats up for sale, usually below face value, for any fan to purchase.  If an enemy fan buys it because Jets fans are too cheap, that's on them, not me.

I have a guilty conscience over nothing.  I'm one hell of a fan.  Even I know that.

SAR I

so in one year you missed more games than I missed in 25 years.  congrats.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Apologies if I was too harsh.  Let me say this again, more respectfully this time:

Only a pussy cares about paint in an endzone.

SAR I

You know what I wouldn't normally care about this and would just ignore, but what the hell its Friday and I have some free time waiting on a client.  Please explain in detail how caring about the appearance of a business and a brand is considered being a pussy?  Or do you just revert to these insults when you disagree with someones opinion?

Or we can really break it down psychologically and ask why you compare someone to a female anatomical part is somehow inferior in some way?  You should do some self-reflection over the Holidays! :)

28 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

LOL, you can't be serious.

"It's the first time in modern NFL history that a team is playing on a field without logos....the world is out to screw the Jets!"  The fact that the Giants are playing with these same endzones doesn't seem to matter.  I can tell you their fans aren't worried about endzone logos.

It's not the cost.  It's the fact that we're getting 6" of snow and ice and sleet and rain over the course of the next 3 days and players can be hurt if our endzone tiles are misaligned.  Read an account of when the stadium first opened:

Unlike at Giants Stadium, where the end zone had to be repainted every time the home team switched, the process was not one of artistry but of force. The four thousand eight hundred square feet of fake grass on each side had been sectioned into forty pre-cut, pre-painted panels, each weighing about fifteen hundred pounds when wet, which they were. Forklift operators in rain gear pried up the blue-and-red Giants end zone one panel at a time to make room for green-and-white Jets tiles, which emerged from storage compartments built into the bottom of the stands. The pieces, as assembled, resembled a jigsaw puzzle for a toddler with superhuman strength. “They said it takes eight to ten hours just to do one side,” said Matt Rodriguez, one of the forklift drivers outfitted in a hooded yellow slicker with matching pants. In a normal week, with at least five days between each team’s home game, that would mean two days.

SAR I

There's actually a thread on this on a Giants board...

It's a page and a half... a couple of posts of how it stinks, a couple of posts joking about how they never get in the endzone anyway, a couple of posts suggesting the Jets should play with the Giants endzones, one post blaming the Russians, and one post saying this will never happen again when Trump is in charge.

No mention of a Fiasco or concern about home field advantage.

20 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

I don't remember if it was both end zones, but it was definitely the end zone I was in when we played in Pittsburgh earlier this year

This is really bizarre, I wonder if Heinz Field just doesn't paint the away team?  Looks like they have the home endzone painted but its hard to see.  I couldn't find anything on google about it.

Doing the stripes just seems really lazy.  I mean they could have at the very least painted in white NEW YORK and it would have been good for both games.

To placate SAR I, yes this a very minor quibble in the grand scheme of things, especially if it comes down to the field being covered with snow anyway.  But it just another of the small things that I really dislike about sharing a stadium.

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LOL, you can't be serious.

"It's the first time in modern NFL history that a team is playing on a field without logos....the world is out to screw the Jets!"  The fact that the Giants are playing with these same endzones doesn't seem to matter.  I can tell you their fans aren't worried about endzone logos.

It's not the cost.  It's the fact that we're getting 6" of snow and ice and sleet and rain over the course of the next 3 days and players can be hurt if our endzone tiles are misaligned.  Read an account of when the stadium first opened:

Unlike at Giants Stadium, where the end zone had to be repainted every time the home team switched, the process was not one of artistry but of force. The four thousand eight hundred square feet of fake grass on each side had been sectioned into forty pre-cut, pre-painted panels, each weighing about fifteen hundred pounds when wet, which they were. Forklift operators in rain gear pried up the blue-and-red Giants end zone one panel at a time to make room for green-and-white Jets tiles, which emerged from storage compartments built into the bottom of the stands. The pieces, as assembled, resembled a jigsaw puzzle for a toddler with superhuman strength. “They said it takes eight to ten hours just to do one side,” said Matt Rodriguez, one of the forklift drivers outfitted in a hooded yellow slicker with matching pants. In a normal week, with at least five days between each team’s home game, that would mean two days.

SAR I

Hey look at that!  Finally brought something to the table that was constructive and educational.  Thanks, appreciate it! (that's not condescending either)  I didn't know they were precut tiles already painted.  Looks like that additional 8 hours or so really is necessary to make these arrangements. See sometimes you just need to wipe that sand out and bring actual discussion and counter discussion instead of insults to the party! :) 

27 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

This is really bizarre, I wonder if Heinz Field just doesn't paint the away team?  Looks like they have the home endzone painted but its hard to see.  I couldn't find anything on google about it.

Doing the stripes just seems really lazy.  I mean they could have at the very least painted in white NEW YORK and it would have been good for both games.

To placate SAR I, yes this a very minor quibble in the grand scheme of things, especially if it comes down to the field being covered with snow anyway.  But it just another of the small things that I really dislike about sharing a stadium.

they share the grass field w/ the Pitt Panthers so early in seasons they have "Pittsburgh" in one EZ and blank the other.  after Pitt is done playing they put "Steelers" in the other EZ.  

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I honestly can't believe the size of this thread over something so innocuous!

it kind of evolved into other things:lol:

33 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Here's what you should like about sharing a stadium:

We paid half price.  The Giants eat half the losses.

Those two things makes us one of the wealthiest franchises in the country and helps us on the field in many ways not controlled by the salary cap.  We shared Rikers Island with inmates, we shared the Polo Grounds with the Mets, we shared Shea Stadium with the Mets, we shared Giants Stadium with the Giants.  If you are a Jets fan, this isn't new, this isn't some burden.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Hey look at that!  Finally brought something to the table that was constructive and educational.  Thanks, appreciate it! (that's not condescending either)  I didn't know they were precut tiles already painted.  Looks like that additional 8 hours or so really is necessary to make these arrangements. See sometimes you just need to wipe that sand out and bring actual discussion and counter discussion instead of insults to the party!

leaderboard_zpshuzjfi0u.jpg

I have no idea who you are, but do you realize who you are talking to?  I was #4 on the Leaderboard last week.  And I'm not a moderator or a soft-core pornographer either.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so in one year you missed more games than I missed in 25 years.  congrats.

What you did 25 years ago when tickets were $18 and you were 20 years old is immaterial.  Being single and having cheap Jets tickets?  We all went to all the games back then, there is no badge of honor, that was no sacrifice, that doesn't make you special.

What have you done for us this year?  What's your loyalty level now with expensive seats, a big job, and a family to raise?

That's what I thought.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

leaderboard_zpshuzjfi0u.jpg

I have no idea who you are, but do you realize who you are talking to?  I was #4 on the Leaderboard last week.  And I'm not a moderator or a soft-core pornographer either.

SAR I

LMAO "you know who you are talking to?"  Um no I don't, nor do I care how many posts you have or how long you have been around.  It was a bad attitude you came at me with and I don't back down.  Keep throwing around that epeen though!  You are an internet rock star!!

52 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

You know what I wouldn't normally care about this and would just ignore, but what the hell its Friday and I have some free time waiting on a client.  Please explain in detail how caring about the appearance of a business and a brand is considered being a pussy?  Or do you just revert to these insults when you disagree with someones opinion?

Or we can really break it down psychologically and ask why you compare someone to a female anatomical part is somehow inferior in some way?  You should do some self-reflection over the Holidays! :)

I was trying to be funny.  My post made me laugh and I have a great sense of humor.

All I was trying to say is that while we'd all like our beautiful stadium to maintain its branding, it would create a potentially unsafe condition for the players and so I respect the decision to leave the 12 ton endzone tiles alone during a wintery mix weekend.

SAR I

59 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I should have thought of that, I was at that game! I guess I am at that point in my life were the memory is starting to fade LOL

I only remembered because I was scrolling through my instagram last night and saw it. I never would have remembered 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

What you did 25 years ago when tickets were $18 and you were 20 years old is immaterial.  Being single and having cheap Jets tickets?  We all went to all the games back then, there is no badge of honor, that was no sacrifice, that doesn't make you special.

What have you done for us this year?  What's your loyalty level now with expensive seats, a big job, and a family to raise?

That's what I thought.

SAR I

tickets were cheap pre-Parcells, when he showed up is when they started going up then when Woody took over they really started going up.  Again, it's not about price, I can get tickets for a fraction of the cost even if the Jets are good.  it's about availability for me which is why I don't have season tickets anymore, if I'm a season ticket holder I want to go to every game.  I cannot commit to that anymore so I select my games.  it makes no sense for me to waste money on season tickets when I can't go and there isn't a market for tickets.  maybe as I get older and my kids turn into adults that will change but that's the way it is now.  

Archived