Mike McCagnan on Michael Kay - link inside

Persiussa

I never heard someone talk so much and say so little. I am really starting to change my opinion of this man. I thought he knew what he was doing, but to sit there and tell us fans they like Hackenberg and took him in the 2nd round as a future project is ridiculous. There is no reason whatsoever Hack could not be the back up to Petty when Petty started. The CS effed this up because of their affection for Fitzpatrick. His foundation of young players is Darren Lee, Jenkins, Burris? They did some good things? Good lord, did this man watch the same 16 weeks of slop that we just did? They are going to turn this around fast to make this team a perennial playoff contender? LOL don't, oh wait you already made me laugh. This was one of the worst defensive performances I can ever remember. No effort whatsoever.

Oh and the 5-11 record is totally misleading. They beat Buffalo in week 2 and Baltimore, and that is it for the real teams they played. The other 3 wins were against the 2 worst teams in the league and the last one was against a team that just fired their HC. This was a 2-14, 3-13 team in the real world.

I know you have to take the company line to save your a$$ Mike but really, come back to us ...

My takeaways:

He was crushed after thinking he was the sh*t after 2016-

Genuinely pissed about Mo - can tell he's seething underneath that unflappability about Mo's lack of dedication.

Think he truly likes Lee and Jordan Jenkins and has some genuine hope for Brandon Shell.

Seems a bit miffed that Bowles didn't play Hack but has to defer to the coach on those calls.

14 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I never heard someone talk so much and say so little. I am really starting to change my opinion of this man. I thought he knew what he was doing, but to sit there and tell us fans they like Hackenberg and took him in the 2nd round as a future project is ridiculous. There is no reason whatsoever Hack could not be the back up to Petty when Petty started. The CS effed this up because of their affection for Fitzpatrick. His foundation of young players is Darren Lee, Jenkins, Burris? They did some good things? Good lord, did this man watch the same 16 weeks of slop that we just did? They are going to turn this around fast to make this team a perennial playoff contender? LOL don't, oh wait you already made me laugh. This was one of the worst defensive performances I can ever remember. No effort whatsoever.

Oh and the 5-11 record is totally misleading. They beat Buffalo in week 2 and Baltimore, and that is it for the real teams they played. The other 3 wins were against the 2 worst teams in the league and the last one was against a team that just fired their HC. This was a 2-14, 3-13 team in the real world.

I know you have to take the company line to save your a$$ Mike but really, come back to us ...

Yes

14 hours ago, David Harris said:

My takeaways:

He was crushed after thinking he was the sh*t after 2016-

Genuinely pissed about Mo - can tell he's seething underneath that unflappability about Mo's lack of dedication.

Think he truly likes Lee and Jordan Jenkins and has some genuine hope for Brandon Shell.

Seems a bit miffed that Bowles didn't play Hack but has to defer to the coach on those calls.

Given the reality and reporting line, if I am Macc I have the following conversation with Woody:

I do not think it worth the money to sign a worn out, re-tread  has been QB.  We can pay alot for a Glennon, but in many ways he is the same as a draft pick in terms of ability, experience and uncertainty, just more money.

So with your blessing, we are going to build through the draft and draft another QB, perhaps even in Rd 2 again.  We have seen good QBs make it to round 2 in the past, because teams that pick at the end of the first round tend to have QBs already.

Todd is going to have to develop and play Petty, Hack and the draft pick.  If we think Petty is hopeless maybe we sign a Brian Hoyer.  We can focus on draft picks to build the roster.  We are also going to cut the overhill veterans and try and sign some Carpenter types.

We think this team could make the playoffs in 2018 or 2019, so please don't fire me before then.  If Todd can't show better coaching, you can fire him.

Maccagnan is the same person and is keeping the same media schedule as he did last year when we were 10-6 and

he was winning "Executive of the Year".  People need to stop lying.  He and Bowles have a lot to prove but when tough

decisions have to be made give me leaders who are calm and analytical over hysterical morons any day.  When a

plane is going through turbulence I want a Sullenberger as a pilot not someone yelling and screaming

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Maccagnan is the same person and is keeping the same media schedule as he did last year when we were 10-6 and

he was winning "Executive of the Year".  People need to stop lying.  He and Bowles have a lot to prove but when tough

decisions have to be made give me leaders who are calm and analytical over hysterical morons any day.  When a

plane is going through turbulence I want a Sullenberger as a pilot not someone yelling and screaming

I agree with this, unfortunately actions speak louder than words and a lot of these guys actions do match the way they talk this past year.

Mac panicked on the hackenburg pick.  Bowles talks a tough game but the players walk all over him.

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Sully wouldn't have been pwned by the immortal Ryan Fitzpatrick for six months.

Archived