Marrone - Coughlin or MacCagnan - Bowltite?

ASH1962

Marrone - Coughlin or Maccagnan - Bowltite?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Maccagnan-Bowltite or Coughlin-Marrone?

• Mike Maccagnan with Todd Bowltite
    • TOm Coughlin with Doug Marrone

Does Marrone report to Coughlin?

Would the Giants under Coughlin trash the plane?

Did McAdoo watch them trash the plane?

i did think that Coughlin could have been a good football czar for the Jets.  Certainly better than Woody's brother.

Let's see where Woody's ambassadorship goes.  The process could expose him as a spoiled brat.

9 hours ago, varjet said:

i did think that Coughlin could have been a good football czar for the Jets.  Certainly better than Woody's brother.

Let's see where Woody's ambassadorship goes.  The process could expose him as a spoiled brat.

I am pretty sure Woodys brother is a lifelong football guy who has been a part of 4 SB championships teams. We will be in great hands.

I like the structure set up by the owner. A career football guy as the director of football operations, with a logical chain of command where coach reports to gm, and gm reports to director. It's the action of an owner who realizes he doesn't know how to really run an NFL franchise, but is getting somebody who does. I wish a local owner would do something similar.

Stop the Coughlin love nonsense, have any of you watched his performance over the last 3-4 years???

Did you even watch the Jet / NYG game in 2015???  How his stupid decisions allowed us to come back from

a 10 point deficit with 7 minutes left???  Probably not

53 minutes ago, KRL said:

Stop the Coughlin love nonsense, have any of you watched his performance over the last 3-4 years???

Did you even watch the Jet / NYG game in 2015???  How his stupid decisions allowed us to come back from

I think you mischaracterize how an intelligent coach handles the season.  Sitting at 5-4 with what they claim is a HOF QB and one of the most dynamic young talents in the league, Coughlin simply looked at the league, realized that they probably were not going to win the Super Bowl and intentionally lost 6 out of the next 7 for draft position.  

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Coughlin is overrated but his players needed to execute, no one told Eli to throw that INt on the 4th down, if it's incomplete we are at our 2 instead of around the 15 which is a huge difference and on NYG's last drive before we got the ball back to tie it he scrambled and threw it away rather than take a short sack and let the clock keep moving or make the Jets use a TO.  Eli was the biggest problem w/ those late game meltdowns, it was his decision making that cost NYG more than anything else in 2015.

12 hours ago, varjet said:

the football czar thing didn't work out for Parcells or holmgren who were both much better coaches than Coughlin so we will see.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Coughlin is overrated but his players needed to execute, no one told Eli to throw that INt on the 4th down, if it's incomplete we are at our 2 instead of around the 15 which is a huge difference and on NYG's last drive before we got the ball back to tie it he scrambled and threw it away rather than take a short sack and let the clock keep moving or make the Jets use a TO.  Eli was the biggest problem w/ those late game meltdowns, it was his decision making that cost NYG more than anything else in 2015.

#QBdevelopmentguru

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the football czar thing didn't work out for Parcells or holmgren who were both much better coaches than Coughlin so we will see.

Much better coaches, but not as czar-y!

The Jags have 14 wins in 4 years under Scott Caldwell and now they're a smart team because they hired a 70 year old man to help them make decisions?

Marrone was not a good hire.  He was a carry over from a regime the players hated. 

And now Caldwell has to battle Coughlin for every decision they make?  

Archived