Talking about Glennon with huge Bucs fans at SB party...

HighPitch

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmm you asked for an example of "any" and since I said "some" it was hardly an exaggeration.  

So I say to you. Good day to you sir, good day!!

I didn't ask for any examples of anything. So, you made that up too.

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am tired of beating this dead horse.  He takes a ton of sacks.  His TD:INT ratio is good, but he absolutely blew earlier in games.  Villian and Air Force watched every snap?  Let them come at me about the first half of his games in 2014.  When he wasn't a rookie.  In the first half of his last 3 games he threw 4 INTs to 1 TD and scored 10 points - all against the Browns. Lovie Smith is an idiot, but if the kid were playing well he would have been playing.

21 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Youre like a guy that doesnt like ass play,  but insists on getting on all fours and sticks bis ass out nice and high. 

If you dont wanna talk glennon then dont click! 

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Sounds like the voice of experience.  

I know the first thing I think when someone finds a topic redundant is "man, I bet that guy likes it up the ass".

54 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Thats fine.  Were all speculating. However,  the tape we do have of him indicates,  imo,  a promising rookie showing.  Not sure how you can pick in apart.  The bottom line is 19tds 9 ints on a bad team as a roomie starting 13 games. 

How much better are you expecting? From any rookie? 

His numbers are as good as or better than most franchise qbs in their rookie years.  Trying to be as objective as possible

32 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Youre like a guy that doesnt like ass play,  but insists on getting on all fours and sticks bis ass out nice and high. 

If you dont wanna talk glennon then dont click! 

Ignoring the ass play comment for a moment (for a change?) I am fine with talking Glennon.  You asked, "not sure how you can pick in [sic] apart."  I did.  He takes too many sacks and generally seemed to suck until they were down big.  You talk about him as a rookie, but he didn't seem to have much of a step forward in his 2nd year.  Lovie seemed to have an infatuation with McCown, but why didn't Glennon beat him out?  The same argument you can make about Smith/Petty/Hack not beating out Fitzpatrick.  Instead of replying to that, you start dreaming about my ass, which is sublime by the way. 

Yea his year 2 was a rough start.  No vote of confidence.  He only played 3 or 4 games then mccown sucked it up. 

Either way the 5 bucs fans had good things to say. They wohld know him just as we would know petty. 

A lot of qbs had much worse rookie seasons and turned out fine.  Hes got the tools.  Im all in.  

On 2/7/2017 at 8:49 AM, FTL Jet Fan said:

I watched all of his games and also watched him live. I liked Glennon over Geno. I was impressed with how Glennon improved on the majority of his weaknesses in his scouting report. He actually at times moved well in the pocket avoided the rush kept his eyes down field and even ran the ball. I don't know what he will be in this league but in the right situation I think he will do really well. I am definitely a Glennon supporter, just don't want to give him Brock O money. I think there will be more teams after him in FA than most think.

I think so too. I have been against signing Glennon in the past, but after watching the fiasco that this past season was how bad can he be? I think he is an upgrade over Geno Smith for sure and I don't think Bryce Petty has much of a future as a starter in the NFL. He is too preoccupied watching the pass rush and dropping his arm slot to be very productive. No one knows about Hackenberg, but the rumors don't sound very positive at all.

3 hours ago, thadude said:

Which they just did last season

ok, I'll try to spell it out for you: 

If they franchise Cousins in '17 ($24M) then the franchise tag for 2018 jumps to $35M - which means there is almost no chance that a long-term deal would get done b/c Cousins would hold all of the cards at that point.  

The best thing Washington could do would be to apply the Franchise Tag and allow Cousins to work out a long-term deal on his own w/another team.  This would then give Washington the opportunity to match the offer or find some type of trade compensation with the other team.    This approach is tricky from a timing perspective and b/c teams could just call Washington's bluff and let them keep Cousins as a 1-year rental for $24M.   

Washington's other option is to let Cousins hit FA and see what the market rate is for a 28-year old QB coming off 2 very good seasons.   Washington would need to decide if they want to outbid the competition or let Cousins walk, but at least at that point they would know what the market rate was (unlike the Jets with Mo).  

Franchising Cousins would be short-sighted.  It would basically put a 1-year rental on Cousins and the Redskins are most likely not going to win the Super Bowl in '17.   It doesn't mean they won't do it, it just means it doesn't make long-term financial sense.   

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

If Macc and Bowles decide that Glennon isnt a viable option over Petty/Hackenberg then they shouldnt be taken seriously. However, im not talking about their decision, im talking about your unwavering support of their decision and what that means to me when I see how you talk about a guy such as Glennon who you say "will never get the Jets to the Playoffs or a SB". 

I can only take your statements with a grain of salt given what you've supported. 

You wont be "suppressing" my opinion just because I disagree with you lol. 

I can only take your half cocked opinions with a shot of tequila given your previous assessments of how many wins the Jets could get in 2015. 

26 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I can only take your half cocked opinions with a shot of tequila given your previous assessments of how many wins the Jets could get in 2015. 

You shouldnt take any of my opinions at all, because afterall im not in support of giving a guy who's averaged just over 6 wins per season as a Jet 12 million dollars. Im not the Jets fan that thinks an "opportunity" has just come about because Josh McCown is available. 

I'd rather you not take any of my opinions at all and just finish the bottle of Tequila. 

51 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You shouldnt take any of my opinions at all, because afterall im not in support of giving a guy who's averaged just over 6 wins per season as a Jet 12 million dollars. Im not the Jets fan that thinks an "opportunity" has just come about because Josh McCown is available. 

I'd rather you not take any of my opinions at all and just finish the bottle of Tequila. 

Maybe not the argument you want to make while advocating giving $12M over 3 for a guy that has 5 wins in 18 starts. 

40 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

He played well. The team was horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How did Glennon do in game action this year? 10 of 11 for 75 yards a touchdown and 2pt conversion 

Can you imagine if Petty or Hack did anything remotely close?  The Warfishes and Crazycarls would be calling them future HOF'ers

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe not the argument you want to make while advocating giving $12M over 3 for a guy that has 5 wins in 18 starts. 

Sure it is, when im advocating based on the talent, potential and age of the player. That's different than giving a guy who's averaged around 5 wins per season in over a decade of professional play, who's 30 something years old and his "prime" was over a half decade ago. He has 100 starts under his belt under numerous teams and contracts...not 18 starts under a rookie deal with an organization that gave him a raw deal.

On 2/7/2017 at 10:59 AM, HighPitch said:

No itts not dont encourage him

Paying glennon say 16m qould put him right aboht in the middle of the pack.  That stafford/tyrod taylor/alex smith coin.  

Give me a break jets fans alwaya want the cheap deal.  This guy isnt signing fir 12 m he isnt fitz

I think Glennon would be a good grab but he will definitely get at least 15 mil probably more. If the Jets don't pick him up someone else will. They may not even get a shot at him.

Archived