Talking about Glennon with huge Bucs fans at SB party...

HighPitch

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I hope this is true so we can be competitive again at the position...because you don't have to be "top 10 material" to be competitive. 

Adding Glennon moves this team to 4-5 win club, to playoff contender IMO.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

What do you think we're doing with Hackenberg? We're developing a qb that isn't ready to see the field...that doesn't mean not to go out and get a qb that is ready to see the field.

You don't "save the money", you spend it on what can make the team better. Maybe what the Jets should do is to hit on their draft picks, AND stop drafting defense in the 1st round.

Also, Glennon didn't beat out Josh McCown because there wasn't a competition for the job. The head coach purposefully put the lesser talent on the field because he had no ties to Glennon, plain and simple. The only thing idiotic are when I hear people bring up the same argument yet when you compare the numbers Glennon played better. 

Another idiotic statement is the Osweiler reference, when Glennon's stats are better than his as well and it's not even close.

I would sign him, but you wouldn't sign him given that the only thing you know about him is what others have said.  You're not the first person to make these same generic arguments. I present original thoughts to the table because I have thoughts on his game to begin with. The only thing close to idiotic that I've done is continue to argue with people who's opinions are borrowed from others because they haven't truly seen the player themselves

lol.. okay man you win. you are obviously the best player scout ever and maybe the brightest football mind ever.

What do you think we're doing with Hackenberg? We're developing a qb that isn't ready to see the field...that doesn't mean not to go out and get a qb that is ready to see the field. 

I didn't say we shouldn't go get a Qb I just said spend the money elsewhere, an if we are going to bring in another Qb while we're going through the process then bring in a less costly QB and use larger investments into other positions of need.

You don't "save the money", you spend it on what can make the team better. Maybe what the Jets should do is to hit on their draft picks, AND stop drafting defense in the 1st round.

I didn't say we should save money, I said spend it elsewhere

Also, Glennon didn't beat out Josh McCown because there wasn't a competition for the job. The head coach purposefully put the lesser talent on the field because he had no ties to Glennon, plain and simple. The only thing idiotic are when I hear people bring up the same argument yet when you compare the numbers Glennon played better.

I keep hearing this same argument. IF HE WAS SO MUCH BETTER AND A BETTER OPTION LONG TERM THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO ASSUME THE GM, OWNER, OTHER COACHES WOULD HAVE PROBABLY PUSHED FOR GLENNON TO BE ON THE FIELD ( i am sure everyone wanted to get fired from their job when the answer, BEAST,  was on the roster all along) 

Another idiotic statement is the Osweiler reference, when Glennon's stats are better than his as well and it's not even close.

LOL. Make my point for me. thank you. Unproven QB getting ridiculous money for unproven play

I would sign him, but you wouldn't sign him given that the only thing you know about him is what others have said.  You're not the first person to make these same generic arguments. I present original thoughts to the table because I have thoughts on his game to begin with. The only thing close to idiotic that I've done is continue to argue with people who's opinions are borrowed from others because they haven't truly seen the player themselves

You are presenting your original thought. My opinion is not borrowed, it is from what I have seen from his play. Just because you assume that 1 person has a moronic, incoherent opinion, does not mean that all of the opinions of Glennon are also moronic. So lets get this straight such a BEAST- Drafted in the 3rd round. Couldn't keep his starting job, or at least convince a HC he deserved it. He and Osweiler had similar stats before Osweiler went to Houston. My opinion is also to SPEND, not save, our money on other positions of need

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

These dont look like 50/50 balls to me, they look like well placed passes from Glennon. Concentrate on the ball placement of these passes, alot of times Glennon is throwing the defender right out of the play. 

9.gif

The Gif below shows how Glennon throws Evans open and away from the over-the-top coverage by the safety. Glennon throws away from the defense and puts the body of the receiver between the defender and the ball. This is on purpose for the record, this isnt 50/50 balls and wishing upon a star.

8.gif

If Fitz makes those exact same throws...

the first one is: "he didn't lead his receiver, and couldn't drop the ball in over his shoulder, forcing the receiver to slow down, and turn his upper body to bail out a bad throw"

and the second one: "he threw the ball behind the receiver, and need the receiver to stop his route, and spin himself around to salvage a bad pass"

I didn't bother with the other gifs, because it's more of the same. You don't really know what you're looking at, but you know exactly what your narrative is, and are just dangerous enough to know how to author what you think you see, to fit it.

It's cool.

26 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Adding Glennon moves this team to 4-5 win club, to playoff contender IMO.

Im not sure exactly how many more games Glennon would make us better only because this team has a TON of holes. We need players in the secondary, we need atleast 3 offensive linemen, we have no tight end, and outside of a solid Bilal Powell we could in many ways argue that we also need a running back. We may be cutting our #1 or #2 WR, I can see a scenario where we actually cut BOTH guys, we have no pass rusher etc. 

This team is f'd up, but what I can say is that Mike Glennon would be going in the right direction in respects to the QB position. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Good thing for Mike he can also go through progressions, pump fake a lineman right out of position in order to provide himself a throwing lane simply through head movement baiting #62 to go where he wants him to go... and this is against one of the most respected defenses in all of football. 

Robert%20Herron%202.gif

Another angle just to see the awesomeness 

Robert%20Herron%20Alternate.gif

Mike Glennon is a beast. People can continue to deny that all they want. Doesnt change that Mike Glennon is a beast. 

I cant even tell you the last time I seen a Jets QB make a similar play. This is complete control of the pocket. 

Why are arguing this!!!

The Jets have not had a QB do anything remotely like this since Farve.  The idea that people are complaining about Glennon, but then argue for Cutler is MADNESS!!!

And he is going to cost more than $9 Million dollars.;....

9 Million but they were happy to pay Fitz 12!!!  You can't make it up!!!

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why are arguing this!!!

The Jets have not had a QB do anything remotely like this since Farve.  The idea that people are complaining about Glennon, but then argue for Cutler is MADNESS!!!

Im starting to think that the usual suspects are arguing/complaining about Glennon because I like him. lol. 

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If Fitz makes those exact same throws...

the first one is: "he didn't lead his receiver, and couldn't drop the ball in over his shoulder, forcing the receiver to slow down, and turn his upper body to bail out a bad throw"

and the second one: "he threw the ball behind the receiver, and need the receiver to stop his route, and spin himself around to salvage a bad pass"

I didn't bother with the other gifs, because it's more of the same. You don't really know what you're looking at, but you know exactly what your narrative is, and are just dangerous enough to know how to author what you think you see, to fit it.

It's cool.

Can't you read?

Mike Glennon is a beast. People can continue to deny that all they want. Doesnt change that Mike Glennon is a beast. 

BEAST!

Clearly should be signed, for short money.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Okay, so this is what I'll do. I'll take a "couple more examples" and show you passes to receivers not named Evans/Jackson or are considered "all-world"...deal? Okay, here you go. Oh, and anytime you want to back up your statement with some footage, please by all means do so and quote me. Im not saying that Glennon is the "perfect QB", but all I see are people talking but not showing anything. 

2015-04-11%2017_38_01.gif

2015-04-11%2017_32_05.gif

superb%201.gif

Glennon%20TD%20atl.gif

Great%20pass.gif

Exactly. You never hear about Vincent Jackson when fans just talk general "football", however you talk Mike Glennon then all of a sudden he's had all of these "great weapons such as Vincent Jackson". 

My stomach hurts from all the cramping caused by my uncontrollable laughter everytime I hear it. 

Here's what I'm looking for, frankly. Your last clip is the only one so far where he wasn't staring down his primary target. I'm not saying it's the only time he didn't do that, but all those other ones he was (including at least one where he was flushed out of the pocket & avoided a sack; got himself reset & still went back to staring down that same initial target).

So if you could find more like the last one I'd be interested in seeing it. To me that's what most separates a QB from a guy with an arm, and certainly a great QB from a good/ok QB.

Otherwise I can watch long pass highlight clips of any bad QB. 

So get to work lol. ;) 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why are arguing this!!!

Who is arguing for Cutler

Just now, Stark said:

Who is arguing for Cutler

+1 No Cutler, no Romo, no Hoyer, no Geno (lol), no Fitz (rofl) no, no, no.

Tyrod?  Meh, maybe, ok, not my pref. but ok. 

Glennon?  Meh, sure, if price is right and deal is short.

Draft Pick?  Sure, I like that route usually.

Petty/Hack, doesn;t look good, but ok, I get the idea at the least.

But NO to the old broken down Vets cashing a final paycheck in Jets Green.  

One guy asked me, "OHHHH so you think the jets want to sign Glennon, that would be a good move since you have no real Qbs." 

the thing is, if you tell him he has to compete for the starting job, you don't sign him, and if you tell him he is the starter you have to pay him like one, which for young guys not on their rookie deal is about $16,500,000 per year

they way to do it is to draft a QB and develop him and win while he is cheap.  in order to win after the QB gets paid you need a top 8 QB, not a solid starter

killing the cap for a solid starter is not the way to go

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

One guy asked me, "OHHHH so you think the jets want to sign Glennon, that would be a good move since you have no real Qbs." 

the thing is, if you tell him he has to compete for the starting job, you don't sign him, and if you tell him he is the starter you have to pay him like one, which for young guys not on their rookie deal is about $16,500,000 per year

they way to do it is to draft a QB and develop him and win while he is cheap.  in order to win after the QB gets paid you need a top 8 QB, not a solid starter

=D> exactly 

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

If it was that easy then simply draft a franchise QB. 

What you said here isnt wrong....but are you saying that you dont sign solid starters even though you've been doing a piss poor job at drafting QB's? 

Pete Carroll was killing the cap when he decided to sign Matt Flynn, but benched him the moment he realized that he had found a QB in the 3rd round...because at that moment he realized that it didnt matter about the money he gave Flynn. However, even Pete Carroll knew that you sign QB's who could help you until you find that Franchise QB. 

Truth be told, the Jets wouldnt have to worry about this signing situation if they would have given up a 3rd or 2nd round pick a couple years back and actually traded for Glennon while he was still under his rookie contract. They didnt, probably because they felt like the picks are more important than the money when dealing long term...which there's some validity there given that you build your teams through the draft given how cheap it is across the board for the amount of players you can receive.

So if thats the route they went then they should spend the money since they've saved the draft picks.

4 hours ago, Stonehands said:

First of all, you have taken a few examples, but lets use those.  If you are being objective, having a 6' 5" all world receiver adjusting to those passes is much different than having a normal receiver. Those are all big plays that are in his stat line that would not happen without a receiver like the ones shown.

Can you imagine what those plays would look like going to Devin Smith?

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

If it was that easy then simply draft a franchise QB. 

What you said here isnt wrong....but are you saying that you dont sign solid starters even though you've been doing a piss poor job at drafting QB's? 

Pete Carroll was killing the cap when he decided to sign Matt Flynn, but benched him the moment he realized that he had found a QB in the 3rd round...because at that moment he realized that it didnt matter about the money he gave Flynn. However, even Pete Carroll knew that you sign QB's who could help you until you find that Franchise QB. 

Truth be told, the Jets wouldnt have to worry about this signing situation if they would have given up a 3rd or 2nd round pick a couple years back and actually traded for Glennon while he was still under his rookie contract. They didnt, probably because they felt like the picks are more important than the money when dealing long term...which there's some validity there given that you build your teams through the draft. 

So, spend the money. 

Seahawks also had no cap issues their team was young, they could blow money on a guy like Flynn and still be okay.

the BEAST Glennon obviously showed his coaches he was the better QB in Tampa, only the Bucs Decided to continue to play McKown. OR - maybe he never provided the moment for them to realize he should be their QB. 

Don't spend the money on a QB that gets happy feet under pressure, feels pressure when it isn't there then throws off his back foot, below 60% completion. So instead of spending 13 + mil on Glennon spend it elsewhere and build up the team so that when you do find a potential QB he isn't running for his life, or have a swiss cheese defense.

27 minutes ago, Stark said:

Seahawks also had no cap issues their team was young, they could blow money on a guy like Flynn and still be okay.

the BEAST Glennon obviously showed his coaches he was the better QB in Tampa, only the Bucs Decided to continue to play McKown. OR - maybe he never provided the moment for them to realize he should be their QB. 

Don't spend the money on a QB that gets happy feet under pressure, feels pressure when it isn't there then throws off his back foot, below 60% completion. So instead of spending 13 + mil on Glennon spend it elsewhere and build up the team so that when you do find a potential QB he isn't running for his life, or have a swiss cheese defense.

Bro, the Jets dont have cap issues. The players they need to cut simply havent been cut yet. Stop already. 

27 minutes ago, Stark said:

5680705_hopefully-mike-glennon-will-learn-jameis_cc988949_m.gifmike-glennon-fumble-against-carolina-b.gifglennonsack.gifgiphy.gif

Total BEAST. lol... 

Honestly, I've been on the fence about Glennon, mostly because I don't know him well.  But these are awful examples if you're trying to kill a guy.  In the safety, he was hit in under 3 seconds, the clock is there.  The next one, he loses grip on the football while throwing on the run.  Oh no!  The third is a standard sack that just about every QB in the league takes from time to time.  The 4th, the guy battled the ball down at the line, and never had a shot at an INT because of how high he had to jump to do so.  Nothing like the Sanchez picks on screens.

I'm not calling any of these good plays, but if this is the Glennon kill shot, sign me up.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Bro, the Jets dont have cap issues. They players they need to cut simply hasnt been cut yet. Stop already. 

Bro. they haven't been cut yet, so there are issues. and when they are cut those positions will have to be filled. Wake up already

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Honestly, I've been on the fence about Glennon, mostly because I don't know him well.  But these are awful examples if you're trying to kill a guy.  In the safety, he was hit in under 3 seconds, the clock is there.  The next one, he loses grip on the football while on the run.  Oh no!  The third is a standard sack that just about every QB in the league takes from time to time.  The 4th, the guy battled the ball down at the line, and never had a shot at an INT because of how high he had to jump to do so.  Nothing like the Sanchez picks on screens.

I'm not calling any of these good plays, but if this is the Glennon kill shot, sign me up.

@Stark just wants to be a jackass instead of taking the time to actually watch Glennon's games on gamepass. 

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I was at a SB party here in Tampa. The conversation went to the jets and they sort of chuckled to each other saying things along the lines of "oh yea, the bucs f##k things up but get it right in 2 or three years....but the jets, they do the same thing all the time and never learn...."

Whatever.

Anyways I asked about their thoughts on Glennon and they all had a very strong feeling: The guy got a RAW deal. They said that he was very good in his rookie year and they were all looking forward to the future until that C##t (their words) Lovie Smith came in and ruined everything. Thye said that they hated him and josh freeman. Now that jameius is there all is well, but they all supported Glennon and HATED the fact that Lovie did the switch. One guy asked me, "OHHHH so you think the jets want to sign Glennon, that would be a good move since you have no real Qbs." Another guy said "There are 8 or so frachise QBs in the league and another 5 or 6 that are the pits,......Glennon is a starter in this league NO DOUBT and would probably rank right in the middle like # 14, 15 or 16.

So whatever fwiw

Pretty much exactly what many of us have said all along.  He never got a real chance, we'll find out if he deserved one soon enough

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So, given that Fitz and Geno wont be back who do we fill that with? 

Wake up already. 

LOL. either a QB from draft or a cheaper veteran... using this time to develop 1 of them. 

I might just have to start using the largest font possible since, apparently you have a problem reading

47 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why are arguing this!!!

Nobody was happy to pay Fitz $12 - even the most staunch advocates of bringing him back. 

You just made that up - so apparently, you can make up anything really.

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

LOL. either a QB from draft or a cheaper veteran... using this time to develop 1 of them. 

I might just have to start using the largest font possible since, apparently you have a problem reading

No, at the end of the day what you want to do is to sign a QB not worthy of starting a f'ing football game. 

Cut Petty, draft another rookie QB, and sign Glennon. Now you have a starting QB, a #2 QB in his 2nd year of development and a rookie QB that's a 3rd stringer. 

Or we can sign Brian Hoyer because he's "cheap". lol. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Mike Glennon is a beast, 

Your Gifs fans are willing to accept if that's "the worst" that Glennon is. 

lol. 

Your GIFs show a handful of good throws. 

DUDE couldn't beat Josh McKown out.... Such a BEAST he couldn't get on the field. Such a BEAST he doesn't complete 60% of his throws, such a BEAST  that when he did get on the field when McKown hurt he couldn't perform to a level to convince the staff he should start. 

Just now, Stark said:

Your GIFs show a handful of good throws. 

DUDE couldn't beat Josh McKown out.... Such a BEAST he couldn't get on the field. Such a BEAST he doesn't complete 60% of his throws, such a BEAST  that when he did get on the field when McKown hurt he couldn't perform to a level to convince the staff he should start. 

Maybe I should change the font given that I explained this. 

Oh, thats right. Only people who havent watched the games continue to say the same generic sh*t like this. 

Archived