Talking about Glennon with huge Bucs fans at SB party...

HighPitch

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

No, at the end of the day what you want to do is to sign a QB not worthy of starting a f'ing football game. 

Cut Petty, draft another rookie QB, and sign Glennon. Now you have a starting QB, a #2 QB in his 2nd year of development and a rookie QB that's a 3rd stringer. 

Or we can sign Brian Hoyer because he's "cheap". lol. 

i never mentioned Hoyer.

No, at the end of the day I am saying sign players at other positions, build up the team and let this season be what it is....

Light is kind of dim over there, huh

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with Glennon coming here to back up Hack. Because Hack is indeed the future.

Just kidding. They have to do something they can't start the season the way they stand right now. I trust that Macc will be creative with the contract. But the kid has huge upside and he did something Jets QBs seem to struggle with, he didn't throw a lot of INTs. To me that is my # 1. Turnovers just kill.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

i never mentioned Hoyer.

No, at the end of the day I am saying sign players at other positions, build up the team and let this season be what it is....

Light is kind of dim over there, huh

Yes you did, indirectly. 

You're a cheap bastard and want to sign Vets for cheap. Brian Hoyer is a cheap veteran that will sign with a team for a few Million only to win a couple games then get injured or completely stink up the place if not injured. 

The only light that's dim is the one over organizations that have the same philosophy as yours. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe I should change the font given that I explained this. 

Oh, thats right. Only people who havent watched the games continue to say the same generic sh*t like this. 

all you "explained" is that you think Smith wanted no part of Glennon because he didn't draft him. Then you argue Glennon was better. What coach in their right mind doesn't play the better player? 

only people who want to drive their opinion make these type of assumptions.

Just now, Stark said:

all you "explained" is that you think Smith wanted no part of Glennon because he didn't draft him. Then you argue Glennon was better. What coach in their right mind doesn't play the better player? 

only people who want to drive their opinion make these type of assumptions.

The coach that decides to keep the sh*ttier QB in a week 17 game given that he's trying to tank the game to secure the #1 spot in the draft. 

If Josh McCown was so much better then when Lovie pulled every starter he would have also pulled McCown for the likes of Glennon in order to help secure that draft position. He instead left McCown in. 

What coach in their right mind would do that? A coach who in his heart of hearts knows that not only did Glennon convince him that he was better than McCown (just based on his week 17 decision alone), but furthermore, he knew that if he put Glennon in there was a chance that Glennon would actually win that game. 

Only people who dont know sh*t about the players/teams they're continuing to talk about make your type of assumptions. 

The coach that decides to keep the sh*ttier QB in a week 17 game given that he's trying to tank the game to secure the #1 spot in the draft. 

If Josh McCown was so much better then when Lovie pulled every starter he would have also pulled McCown for the likes of Glennon in order to help secure that draft position. He instead left McCown in. 

What coach in their right mind would do that? A coach who in his heart of hearts knows that not only did Glennon convince him that he was better than McCown (just based on his week 17 decision alone), but furthermore, he knew that if he put Glennon in there was a chance that Glennon would actually win that game. 

Only people who dont know sh*t about the players/teams they're continuing to talk about make your type of assumptions. 

ha, man you believe all of the BS you spout. 

I am really surprised you don't have a job in the league with your vast knowledge. 

Just now, Stark said:

ha, man you believe all of the BS you spout. 

I am really surprised you don't have a job in the league with your vast knowledge. 

Given that you didnt argue what I just said only confirms that I was right. 

Watch his games then speak about his game...instead of talking about generic sh*t like everyone else does like it's never been said before. 

I can call Glennon a beast because I watched him. You say he's not a beast because of what other people have said and a few gifs you found on the internet. 

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

It's certainly possible more teams will be interested in him then we think, and that will drive the market.  However, I'm still not sure he'll get that kind of contract...  Osweiller had just come off a successful partial season when he got that deal.  Glennon hasn't started a game since 2014, and then, he'd only started 5. But, more importantly, everyone in the league looks at Osweiller's deal as a bad on at this point, so I can't imagine making a similar deal for a guy who hasn't played in 2 seasons.

Agreed, I dont think he will get that type of money. I definitely don't want to be the team that gives him that much is all I am sayin.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Adding Glennon moves this team to 4-5 win club, to playoff contender IMO.

No, it doesn't. Having a statue back there with a questionable offensive line is a disaster waiting to happen. And there are massive, deep rooted issues on the defense that is not getting fixed overnight. 

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Bro, the Jets dont have cap issues. The players they need to cut simply havent been cut yet. Stop already. 

The Jets have plenty of cap issues. Even if you cut all of the fat, you still have to replace those players, plus fill in the other holes that this team has. This team is at least two years away from being a contender. Why not see what Petty and Hack have and then re-evaluate the position in 2018? Glennon is a waste of time and money. 

19 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No, it doesn't. Having a statue back there with a questionable offensive line is a disaster waiting to happen. And there are massive, deep rooted issues on the defense that is not getting fixed overnight. 

The Jets have plenty of cap issues. Even if you cut all of the fat, you still have to replace those players, plus fill in the other holes that this team has. This team is at least two years away from being a contender. Why not see what Petty and Hack have and then re-evaluate the position in 2018? Glennon is a waste of time and money. 

The jets don't have cap issues as I said, they have talent issues. 

Sure after cutting the fat they will have holes everywhere, one area that contributed to this fact was signing Fitz to that contract which was dumb. So yeah, we have other holes to fill, so we fill them, but we start treating this qb position with some more respect since I hear over and over again how its the most important position. We can fill those other positions with JAGS before filling the starting qb position with one. 

Anytime a bold move needs to be made at the qb position I hear how were years away. We're years away because we've drafted one side of the ball and been terrible doing so at that. 

I don't agree with not bringing in someone better now because people feel we're years away. We're going to play the season regardless right? 

At the end of the day the QB's who are developing aren't ready, and if they prove otherwise then the money won't matter given that the true victory would be finally finding a qb. Mike Glennon is the best option for this team right now because he's the most talented qb available but also flashes some ability to actually be a possible franchise guy himself. I'd like the jets to spend the money in order to find out and not be so scared. They've been a sh*t franchise for a half century, Mike Glennon will not scar the legacy that is NY Jets football if he ends up hot to he the guy. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

@Stark just wants to be a jackass instead of taking the time to actually watch Glennon's games on gamepass. 

35 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Really?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say for Villain, that he has put up a good visual case, and a fairly strong argument for his opinion, with a minimum of name calling. 

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Let's skip the name calling part of this program. Ok?

yeah lets skip it, considering i just copied the statement. 

Question: Team devoid quarterback play needs to find a franchise leader and get back on the SB trail. How to;

Answer: Overpay a backup known to be of bandaide quality, and repeat the question in 3 years when the team is again going nowhere. 

tm* Jet way. 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think I can convince a team to sign him, truth be told he's not a hard sell. He's better than a hand full of starters right now. 

I'm sure you could convince a team to sign him. He may vary well be better than a few starters in the league, including Fitzpatrick. He will get signed somewhere without your assistance for more money that he is worth IMO. 

You will not change your opinion on Glennon based on anything anyone posts on the board. You think he is a beast, I think he is an average at best QB. I, as well as others will not change our opinion based on your posts. 

Bottom line is we all want the team to improve and find the future franchise QB, we just have different opinions on what to do this year. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Question: Team devoid quarterback play needs to find a franchise leader and get back on the SB trail. How to;

Answer: Overpay a backup known to be of bandaide quality, and repeat the question in 3 years when the team is again going nowhere. 

tm* Jet way. 

Hey Paradis, how's Paxton Lynch? I hear that Denver could also be interested in Mike Glennon. 

lol. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

tm* Jet way. 

agree

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hey Paradis, how's Paxton Lynch? I hear that Denver could also be interested in Mike Glennon. 

lol. 

Denver could also be interested in, Tony Romo,Colin Kaepernick, Matt Barkley.....

Paxton Lynch is irrelevant to this thread. 

17 minutes ago, Stark said:

I'm sure you could convince a team to sign him. He may vary well be better than a few starters in the league, including Fitzpatrick. He will get signed somewhere without your assistance for more money that he is worth IMO. 

Well, we wont know that until he's signed then performs under that contract. That's a monetary thing, I've always been on the side of his performance. I've been saying for 2 years to get Glennon, before it was about Osweiler money comparisons etc. 

You will not change your opinion on Glennon based on anything anyone posts on the board. You think he is a beast, I think he is average at best QB. I, as well as others will not change our opinion based on your posts. 

Bottom line is we all want the team to improve and find the future franchise QB, we just have different opinions on what to do this year. 

I will not change my opinion on Glennon based on people not giving me anything worth while. People just say the same "Well if he was so good villain then why did Lovie Smith not start him"? That doesnt change anything about what I seen on film. 

If you or anyone else want to change my opinion then atleast meet me half way. I put in effort to watch the games and then make Gifs of the games to provide examples of what I see that is a positive about the kid. I even did an "in depth" thread going through his issues as a rookie and how he fixed alot of things regarding his ball placement. 

Saying that he's "average at best" and thats it, you shouldnt be shocked that I havent changed my opinion on Glennon. Seriously, what have you brought to the table? Nothing. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, we wont know that until he's signed then performs under that contract. That's a monetary thing, I've always been on the side of his performance. I've been saying for 2 years to get Glennon, before it was about Osweiler money comparisons etc. 

I will not change my opinion on Glennon based on people not giving me anything worth while. People just say the same "Well if he was so good villain then why did Lovie Smith not start him"? That doesnt change anything about what I seen on film. 

If you or anyone else want to change my opinion then atleast meet me half way. I put in effort to watch the games and then make Gifs of the games to provide examples of what I see that is a positive about the kid. I even did an "in depth" thread going through his issues as a rookie and how he fixed alot of things regarding his ball placement. 

Saying that he's "average at best" and thats it, you shouldnt be shocked that I havent changed my opinion on Glennon. Seriously, what have you brought to the table? Nothing. 

You state your opinions and provide 8 to 10 images and it still doesn't make me want to go watch any Buc games just to re-emphasize that I personally see a QB that I don't think is worth $13+ mill a year. That's all.

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

You state your opinions and provide 8 to 10 images and it still doesn't make me want to go watch any Buc games just to re-emphasize that I personally see a QB that I don't think is worth $13+ mill a year. That's all.

My images are only to support what I have "seen", and is only used to show other Jets fans that maybe they should go watch his games instead of talking about what his coach did before even meeting Glennon. 

I care more about the Jets signing Glennon. Any poster here looking to have me consider their position should watch him play so they can give me something in depth about his game that I can then go look at. 

That never happens. All I hear at best are false statements about 50/50 balls, being bad in the pocket and inaccuracy. However, when I respond with specifics along with gifs for further clarification, people get defensive talk about "my love" or use my words like "he's a beast" instead of supporting their position by proving it.

So I don't expect that anything I say will make you go and watch. If you wanted to you would have already before commenting on a guy you haven't seen much of. 

lol. 

What a farce it is to take jabs at a guy who started 3 games and won 1 coming out of debateably the most NFL unfriendly offense in college. Omg what a bust! Shocking that a win now team would be interested in Romo for a bridge.

You do yourself no favors with lobrow comments like that Villain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Paradis said:

What a farce it is to take jabs at a guy who started 3 games and won 1 coming out of debateably the most NFL unfriendly offense in college. Omg what a bust! Shocking that a win now team would be interested in Romo for a bridge.

You do yourself no favors with lobrow comments like that Villain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, just stating the facts. ?

My images are only to support what I have "seen", and is only used to show other Jets fans that maybe they should go watch his games instead of talking about what his coach did before even meeting Glennon. 

I care more about the Jets signing Glennon. Any poster here looking to have me consider their position should watch him play so they can give me something in depth about his game that I can then go look at. 

That never happens. All I hear at best are false statements about 50/50 balls, being bad in the pocket and inaccuracy. However, when I respond with specifics along with gifs for further clarification, people get defensive talk about "my love" or use my words like "he's a beast" instead of supporting their position by proving it.

So I don't expect that anything I say will make you go and watch. If you wanted to you would have already before commenting on a guy you haven't seen much of. 

I think it's great that you know how much football people watch and what they know about certain players. Just because people don't want to take time out of their day to provide examples of why they do or do not agree with what your saying. 

I am going to leave it at this, as I said earlier, when I watched him- he seemed to get happy feet, throw off his back foot and sail throws, also looked like he felt pressure that wasn't there (similar to early Stafford).

NOW..... If he were to be signed here, I would support him (even though i don't like the idea), I would hope for the best because I am sick of the state of QB for the JETS. and.... if you ended up being right I would not be ashamed to say I was wrong, and I would be happy that we had a beast at the position. We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Archived