Contract Expired - The End Of Ryan Fitzpatrick

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

After the start of the new league year anyone that starts of posts in a Ryan Fitzpatrick thread should be banned.  i have little doubt however this thread will last well into next year.

50/50 Ryan Fitzpatrick is our backup quarterback in July.

It makes a ton of sense for both parties if you think about it.

SAR I

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow now i know why this thread kept going..... 

Kapernick has every right to protest.  Nobody threw him in jail nor did they say he couldnt speak. 

By the same token sar1,  and i,  have the right to think hes an a$$hole.  

So whats the issue?  Why all the fuss

3 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Just this week Senator Schumer stated that we have the finest fighting force in the world. It is always made up of brave and heroic men and women like me. I completely agree with the NYS Senator. 

Well.....   this speaks volumes. He is everything wrong with our country .  A pure politician who cares nothing about the poor or working class but says he does. Simply votes to rob Peter and pay Paul to get Pauls vote. Paul still is uneducated, lives in public housing on welfare thanks to the likes of Mr. Schumer. I truly dont know why people vote for these plantation driven politicians.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

50/50 Ryan Fitzpatrick is our backup quarterback in July.

It makes a ton of sense for both parties if you think about it.

SAR I

If you think that Fitz's production, terrible attitude ("my coach and GM dont have faith in me" - after throwing 10+ picks) and high salary didnt contribute to the dysfunction in our locker room then you dont realize how important that part of the sport is.

Fitz not only held out but then admitted that "I dont throw in the offseason".  Then came in and, after personally ending our season with a ball that should never have been thrown in 2015, unequivocally sh*t the bed and took his team out of playoff contention by week 5.  All while collecting 10X more money then he earned on the field.  Players care when other guys arent pulling their weight especially when they are paid what fitz got.

There is no way his lazy, stubborn a$$ every wears a Jet uniform again.

51 minutes ago, BCJet said:

If you think that Fitz's production, terrible attitude ("my coach and GM dont have faith in me" - after throwing 10+ picks) and high salary didnt contribute to the dysfunction in our locker room then you dont realize how important that part of the sport is.

Fitz not only held out but then admitted that "I dont throw in the offseason".  Then came in and, after personally ending our season with a ball that should never have been thrown in 2015, unequivocally sh*t the bed and took his team out of playoff contention by week 5.  All while collecting 10X more money then he earned on the field.  Players care when other guys arent pulling their weight especially when they are paid what fitz got.

There is no way his lazy, stubborn a$$ every wears a Jet uniform again.

You are portraying Ryan Fitzpatrick very differently than his teammates do.

50/50

SAR I

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Max should, for the good of us all, ban any and all threads on Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick going forward.  

Wait.

So when the Jets patchwork offensive line gets Petty and Hackenberg and Romo and Kaepernick knocked out for the season and Fitzpatrick is called off his couch by Maccagnan for active duty a-la Testaverde we can't start a thread about him?  And what if Geno posts a dick pic in Toronto whilst backing up the Argonauts?  Need to keep quiet about it?

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are portraying Ryan Fitzpatrick very differently than his teammates do.

50/50

SAR I

You know his teammates?   Oh - you must have seen a single player on the entire team defend him or say he wants him back.

The guy put up one of the worst statistical seasons of a QB in NFL History, while making $12 million and whining in the press.  No one wants him back.

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

You know his teammates?   Oh - you must have seen a single player on the entire team defend him or say he wants him back.

The guy put up one of the worst statistical seasons of a QB in NFL History, while making $12 million and whining in the press.  No one wants him back.

I know his teammates can't shut up, that's for sure.  And not a single one said a disparaging word about the man.  Speaks volumes.

He was a backup rushed into active duty and played great for one year, played lousy for another year, exactly what you or I would have expected.  He did no whining in the press.  Watch that press conference.  It was simply honest.

The $12M is fictitious when you consider that we only paid him $3M to set the all-time record for touchdowns in an amazing 10-5 season the year before.  A year ago, did you lobby the Jets to write him the $10M dollar bonus check he earned in 2015?  Didn't think so.

50/50 he comes back as a backup.  Team likes him, he likes the team, he's got 8 kids and they're all in school in NJ.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Those that did support him got it right up their respective asses and a few opted out of the season or were injured, players like this need to be gone from this team if this ever happens again hopefully a real head coach and GM would deal with them accordingly. 

2017 Ryan Fitzpatrick $5 million against our cap. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Wait.

So when the Jets patchwork offensive line gets Petty and Hackenberg and Romo and Kaepernick knocked out for the season and Fitzpatrick is called off his couch by Maccagnan for active duty a-la Testaverde we can't start a thread about him?  And what if Geno posts a dick pic in Toronto whilst backing up the Argonauts?  Need to keep quiet about it?

SAR I

Please stop.  Please?

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

I know his teammates can't shut up, that's for sure.  And not a single one said a disparaging word about the man.  Speaks volumes.

He was a backup rushed into active duty and played great for one year, played lousy for another year, exactly what you or I would have expected.  He did no whining in the press.  Watch that press conference.  It was simply honest.

The $12M is fictitious when you consider that we only paid him $3M to set the all-time record for touchdowns in an amazing 10-5 season the year before.  A year ago, did you lobby the Jets to write him the $10M dollar bonus check he earned in 2015?  Didn't think so.

50/50 he comes back as a backup.  Team likes him, he likes the team, he's got 8 kids and they're all in school in NJ.

SAR I

Your joking right?

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Your joking right?

No, not at all.

What, you thought Ryan Fitzpatrick was a franchise quarterback, going to take us to the Super Bowl or something?  You did watch his career for the 11 years and 5 teams prior, yes?

We can't be disappointed when our journeyman backup quarterback plays like a journeyman backup quarterback.  Be mad at the defense.  They actually had a shot to be elite.

SAR I

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Watch the press conference?????  He directly mentioned his coach and GM as "not believing in him", thats a direct quote.  He said that while owning a 5-11 TD-INT ratio.  Any player with an ounce of self respect would say I respect the decision and I have to play better, but not our Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The guy who has never EVER learned to play within his physical limitations, no matter how much it hurt the team.  Keep slinging it like you are Brett Favre, regardless of score, down or distance.

You mention the defense, the unit as a whole had a terrible season, but you think it was at all frustrating to be a member of the defense while your QB turns the ball over constantly?  This isnt a situation where the QB simply played poorly, he was the lowest ranked QB in the entire league, and instead of taking any ownership at all, whined that no one believed in him.

Hes a poor teammate and has no business ever setting foot in the NYJ building ever again.

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Watch the press conference?????  He directly mentioned his coach and GM as "not believing in him", thats a direct quote.  He said that while owning a 5-11 TD-INT ratio.  Any player with an ounce of self respect would say I respect the decision and I have to play better, but not our Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The guy who has never EVER learned to play within his physical limitations, no matter how much it hurt the team.  Keep slinging it like you are Brett Favre, regardless of score, down or distance.

You mention the defense, the unit as a whole had a terrible season, but you think it was at all frustrating to be a member of the defense while your QB turns the ball over constantly?  This isnt a situation where the QB simply played poorly, he was the lowest ranked QB in the entire league, and instead of taking any ownership at all, whined that no one believed in him.

Hes a poor teammate and has no business ever setting foot in the NYJ building ever again.

Watch the whole press conference.  You can say a lot of things about Ryan Fitzpatrick on the field, you can't say anything negative about the way he handled himself with the media or the organization.  He's first class.

The defense put us down by 10 points in the first quarter almost every game, that forced our OC to start throwing the ball all over the place, and that's what led to the interceptions.  Take out the outlier KC game and Fitzpatrick's interceptions were right on his career average, on average with the middle-of-the-pack QB's in the NFL last season in fact.

He's a great teammate, he lives in NJ, he knows he's only a backup, the two redshirt kids love him, 50/50 he's our backup next season.  Unless of course you'd prefer Mark Sanchez, the other candidate for the veteran backup job.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, BCJet said:

The $12M is fictitious when you consider that we only paid him $3M to set the all-time record for touchdowns in an amazing 10-5 season the year before.

31 TDs. Big whoop. Marino had more in his second year in the league, two decades ago.

And, really, this is what Fitzpatrick lovers are clinging to? an "amazing" 10-6 season, when he choked away a playoff berth?!

These really are the dog days.

4 hours ago, phill1c said:

31 TDs. Big whoop. Marino had more in his second year in the league, two decades ago.

And, really, this is what Fitzpatrick lovers are clinging to? an "amazing" 10-6 season, when he choked away a playoff berth?!

Let me remind you 31 TD passes against bottom feeder teams. 

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, not at all.

What, you thought Ryan Fitzpatrick was a franchise quarterback, going to take us to the Super Bowl or something?  You did watch his career for the 11 years and 5 teams prior, yes?

We can't be disappointed when our journeyman backup quarterback plays like a journeyman backup quarterback.  Be mad at the defense.  They actually had a shot to be elite.

SAR I

Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks.  I not only hope he's not a jet next year I hope he is not even on an NFL roster next year

5 hours ago, phill1c said:

Mike Glennom has thrown 30 tds in spot action and people here claim he's worse than Geno

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

..and you love selling your season tickets to opposing teams fans. 

joewilly12

When I can't go to games, certainly.  When I do sell tickets I can't control who buys them, it should be Jets fans since they live in the area.   

Give me your email address so I can send you a PayPal invoice. This way you can buy all of my tickets from me and you can lose money by not selling them since you care so much. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

When I can't go to games, certainly.  When I do sell tickets I can't control who buys them, it should be Jets fans since they live in the area.   

Give me your email address so I can send you a PayPal invoice. This way you can buy all of my tickets from me and you can lose money by not selling them since you care so much. 

SAR I

No thanks as I have told you in the past I sit row 1 when I do attend games that I have to buy otherwise I'm in my neighbors company seats in the LL. 

I didn't make a commitment to be there every week like you did. 

Did you dump that Fitzpatrick jersey and shave the beard yet? 

Archived