Jabrill Peppers

goober36

I know it we may be picking too early in the draft, but can we pull the trigger on this kid?! His stock is rising after the combine and should be a top 15 pick.

Guys a NJ native that has a motor I have never seen (played against him in football). He gets the best out of his teammates and he can help us at multiple positions, including PR.

He looks like a freak out there with the LBs and DBs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, goober36 said:

I understand that hooker and Adams is more polished for that #6 pick, but Peppers has that IT factor to him that would spread quickly in the locker room

I think I like peppers over adams. it's kind of hard to look at him as a safety since he played mostly linebacker, but he seems like he'd really excel in the "rover" role like  a polamalu or lott or even as a hybrid 46  SS

If we are planning on keeping Bowles this kid should be our pick honestly. The kid has the versatility that Bowles seems to love he could be like a better version of tyron matheiu which would instantly improve our secondary. I wouldn't be upset if we took fournette or Watson at 6 either but if I had the choice I would take peppers.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Reminds me of Reggie Bush. 

Hear me out...

Reggie Bush definitely had the IT factor. He looked like a premier back in college. A #1 guy or 'lead' RB. He was versatile and could help in the return game as well as the receiving game. Frankly, he was electrifying in college. 

When he got to the NFL he was good. He made explosive plays and was an asset. But he never lived up to his selection. He could never become a true lead back. He never carried a team. He was never a true difference maker. A lot of it had to do with him not finding a true position. Eventually injuries also took a toll.  

I worry about the same happening to Peppers. To be a true difference maker he needs to be in the right system and find a true position. 

I see him as a SS in the NFL. Straight up. That is the position he should play. A SS that can cover. In the right system and with solid talent around him he could be a dominant player. Not sure the Jets is the right fit, not sure if he is worth taking 6th overall. 

Otherwise, I love him as a prospect and he definitely boosted his draft stock. May even go in the top 10.

Reminds me of Reggie Bush. 
Hear me out...
Reggie Bush definitely had the IT factor. He looked like a premier back in college. A #1 guy or 'lead' RB. He was versatile and could help in the return game as well as the receiving game. Frankly, he was electrifying in college. 
When he got to the NFL he was good. He made explosive plays and was an asset. But he never lived up to his selection. He could never become a true lead back. He never carried a team. He was never a true difference maker. A lot of it had to do with him not finding a true position. Eventually injuries also took a toll.  
I worry about the same happening to Peppers. To be a true difference maker he needs to be in the right system and find a true position. 
I see him as a SS in the NFL. Straight up. That is the position he should play. A SS that can cover. In the right system and with solid talent around him he could be a dominant player. Not sure the Jets is the right fit, not sure if he is worth taking 6th overall. 
Otherwise, I love him as a prospect and he definitely boosted his draft stock. May even go in the top 10.

Good observation, I understand where you are coming from but I don't think that's the case with Jabrill. This guy is praised about his rare motor and work ethic that you can't teach. He will 100% figure out a way to succeed in the NFL.

Write it down.

14 hours ago, thadude said:

Oh my God please no more DB's in round 1

They need to rebuild O-Line and Secondary - the jets are not going to be good in 2017-18... just too many holes to fill. They should sign a QB in FA, if they cannot get a DB, then i agree, either draft Fournette if he's there at 6 or trade back into the teens if possible and grab an elite Tackle. It depends what they do in FA. 

8 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

They need to rebuild O-Line and Secondary - the jets are not going to be good in 2017-18... just too many holes to fill. They should sign a QB in FA, if they cannot get a DB, then i agree, either draft Fournette if he's there at 6 or trade back into the teens if possible and grab an elite Tackle. It depends what they do in FA. 

This sounds good in theory, but there is no elite tackle.  I'm not even sure there is a good one.  We need an LT and there is nobody that can trust there from day 1.  

On 3/8/2017 at 9:08 AM, #27TheDominator said:

This sounds good in theory, but there is no elite tackle.  I'm not even sure there is a good one.  We need an LT and there is nobody that can trust there from day 1.  

Disagree 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ryan-ramczyk?id=2557959 - Immediate impact tackle 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/forrest-lamp?id=2557890 - Tackle in college, moving to guard most likely in NFL, can start right away

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/cam-robinson?id=2558004 - Can start right away, but there is room for improvement - especially when it comes to his balance

the 2 tackles are def going in the mid first round

the guard may go mid-late 1st to early 2nd

2 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Disagree 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ryan-ramczyk?id=2557959 - Immediate impact tackle 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/forrest-lamp?id=2557890 - Tackle in college, moving to guard most likely in NFL, can start right away

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/cam-robinson?id=2558004 - Can start right away, but there is room for improvement - especially when it comes to his balance

the 2 tackles are def going in the mid first round

the guard may go mid-late 1st to early 2nd

You just made my point.  First of all, we obviously define elite very differently.  An elite tackle prospect would be gone well before the teens.  Even considering your degraded definition of "elite", a guy that is going to move to G is "elite" ?  Certainly not at tackle.  We already have a bunch of money tied up in guards.  

Ramczyk *might* be an early starter, but he had hip surgery and isn't going to be able to even work out for you until after the draft.  Not someone you can be sure of as your starting left tackle.  I mean, write him in, but you had better use a pencil.  From your link:

Ramczyk is an early starter with the potential to become a good starting left tackle provided his medicals hold up.

*If* his medicals hold up.  Potential to become is not "elite" where I come from.  

Cam Robinson may end up a good player, but I think most project him at RT.  We need a LT.  Absolutely in desperation.  This is from your link:

his balance issues and inconsistencies as a pass protector are a concern. Robinson is a candidate to be overdrafted due to the position he plays and his size, but buyer beware as some of his deficiencies might not be easily correctable.

Does not sound like a guy that can play LT from day one.  His NFL comparison is Ereck Flowers.  I wouldn't even draft the actual Ereck Flowers where we will be picking.  

I agree that we are a sh*tty team and should be looking beyond 2017.  The way to do that is with value.  Not by overdrafting guys because Bill Parcells says you build from the lines out.  

Does not sound like a guy that can play LT from day one.  His NFL comparison is Ereck Flowers.  I wouldn't even draft the actual Ereck Flowers where we will be picking.  
I agree that we are a sh*tty team and should be looking beyond 2017.  The way to do that is with value.  Not by overdrafting guys because Bill Parcells says you build from the lines out.  

Not sure which tackle we will go but with free agency in progress and Ben Iglina resigned along with no others. Mac must be thinking of a high pick for a tackle to start early possibly day 1.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

35 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

Not sure which tackle we will go but with free agency in progress and Ben Iglina resigned along with no others. Mac must be thinking of a high pick for a tackle to start early possibly day 1.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Be afraid.  Be very afraid. 

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:26 PM, goober36 said:

I understand that hooker and Adams is more polished for that #6 pick, but Peppers has that IT factor to him that would spread quickly in the locker room

Most of what I have read about Adams says the same.  nfl.com refers to him as a natural leader and a winner, and every bit as athletic and more productive in college.  Peppers would be a nice pick in the mid-1st, but Adams seems like a guy you can take at #6. 

A couple comments here...

1- As a HUGE UofM fan, I've been watching Peppers for a while now. While he obviously has talent and oozes athleticism, he never showed that he was "elite" at anything other than KR/PR...and that isn't a position important enough to draft 6 overall. I understand he's saying he's a SS, and he projects well at SS...but when your team sucks as bad as the Jets do, and you have as many holes to fill as they do...you don't get better by reaching for players that have potential but haven't shown they can even handle a specific position at a high level. We don't have loads of money to sign FA's with, so we can't afford to miss on draft picks compared to a Cleveland/San Fran team with $100M of cap room to blow. I love the guy, and unless he goes to NE/Pitt, I hope he lights it up as a pro...but he's not worth 6 overall IMO. 

2- The guy who keeps making the comment about grabbing one of the "elite" LT prospects... there are ZERO elite LT prospects in this draft. Ramcyzk has the potential to be good, but there are serious medical issues (among other questions). Not to mention, if you compared him to LT prospects from recent draft classes, he's not at the top of the list. The only reason he's so highly thought of NOW is because this OL draft class is pathetically weak. If you were to sit down and watch game tape, scouting reports, combine tape, etc... of each prospect in this class, and then make a Big Board that totally ignores positional value, you'd find that there are ZERO OL prospects in this draft that are top 25 talents. I understand that we need it badly, and I understand that someone is going to take 1 (probably more than 1 team will), but as I said in my first point regarding Peppers... this team cannot afford to reach for players. This roster is awful. There are holes everywhere. The best way to fix this team is to start collecting talent. The more talent we have, the better product we put on the field. Forget positional needs...at this point, practically every position is a position of need for this team. Draft the best player available. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Load up on talent. Make a Big Board, stick to it. The only time I wander is when it comes to a QB, and even then, it better be someone that is within a few slots on my Big Board for me to deviate (i.e. say after the first 5 picks, our BigBoard is 1-Fournette, 2- Adams, 3- Hooker, 4- Williams, 5- Trubisky... then I think if you need a QB, you take that risk). And BTW, I don't think any of the QB's are top 20 prospects this year either...but I'm sure at least 1 will get drafted in that range. 

Not trying to be a dick to either of you, just simply stating my opinion. Sorry if it came across as offensive. 

A couple comments here...

1- As a HUGE UofM fan, I've been watching Peppers for a while now. While he obviously has talent and oozes athleticism, he never showed that he was "elite" at anything other than KR/PR...and that isn't a position important enough to draft 6 overall. I understand he's saying he's a SS, and he projects well at SS...but when your team sucks as bad as the Jets do, and you have as many holes to fill as they do...you don't get better by reaching for players that have potential but haven't shown they can even handle a specific position at a high level. We don't have loads of money to sign FA's with, so we can't afford to miss on draft picks compared to a Cleveland/San Fran team with $100M of cap room to blow. I love the guy, and unless he goes to NE/Pitt, I hope he lights it up as a pro...but he's not worth 6 overall IMO. 
2- The guy who keeps making the comment about grabbing one of the "elite" LT prospects... there are ZERO elite LT prospects in this draft. Ramcyzk has the potential to be good, but there are serious medical issues (among other questions). Not to mention, if you compared him to LT prospects from recent draft classes, he's not at the top of the list. The only reason he's so highly thought of NOW is because this OL draft class is pathetically weak. If you were to sit down and watch game tape, scouting reports, combine tape, etc... of each prospect in this class, and then make a Big Board that totally ignores positional value, you'd find that there are ZERO OL prospects in this draft that are top 25 talents. I understand that we need it badly, and I understand that someone is going to take 1 (probably more than 1 team will), but as I said in my first point regarding Peppers... this team cannot afford to reach for players. This roster is awful. There are holes everywhere. The best way to fix this team is to start collecting talent. The more talent we have, the better product we put on the field. Forget positional needs...at this point, practically every position is a position of need for this team. Draft the best player available. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Load up on talent. Make a Big Board, stick to it. The only time I wander is when it comes to a QB, and even then, it better be someone that is within a few slots on my Big Board for me to deviate (i.e. say after the first 5 picks, our BigBoard is 1-Fournette, 2- Adams, 3- Hooker, 4- Williams, 5- Trubisky... then I think if you need a QB, you take that risk). And BTW, I don't think any of the QB's are top 20 prospects this year either...but I'm sure at least 1 will get drafted in that range. 

Not trying to be a dick to either of you, just simply stating my opinion. Sorry if it came across as offensive. 

I agree with everything you said, but I think I'm more intrigued with Hooker over Adams. They're both very talented, it's like picking an Apple to an Orange. Do you want the ball hawking safety in Hooker or the one who sets the tone in Adams.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, #27TheDominator said:

You just made my point.  First of all, we obviously define elite very differently.  An elite tackle prospect would be gone well before the teens.  Even considering your degraded definition of "elite", a guy that is going to move to G is "elite" ?  Certainly not at tackle.  We already have a bunch of money tied up in guards.  

Ramczyk *might* be an early starter, but he had hip surgery and isn't going to be able to even work out for you until after the draft.  Not someone you can be sure of as your starting left tackle.  I mean, write him in, but you had better use a pencil.  From your link:

*If* his medicals hold up.  Potential to become is not "elite" where I come from.  

Cam Robinson may end up a good player, but I think most project him at RT.  We need a LT.  Absolutely in desperation.  This is from your link:

These 2 stiffs probably won't be the first Tackle off the board, Garrett Bolles will get taken by a desperate team willing to over look his possible off field issues, and character concerns.

The guy is overrated, he has no position just like Myles Jack from last year that everyone and their dog wanted.  Also I continue to harp on this, a lot of players suddenly do not return kicks int he pros if they are starting at other important positions, that and NFL coaches are big fat chickens when it comes to letting a guy return kicks that might involve any risk.

If we take another Safety or corner in round 1 I will throw up I am so sick of this

Signed Claiborne so hopefully we go OJ Howard or edge rusher

What if we swing and miss on an edge rusher draft another in the first next season until we get a good one?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived