Jets Re-Sign LB’ers Martin & Lemonier

JetNation

IMG_3635.jpg

Free agency started at 4pm on Thursday and as was expected the Jets were pretty quiet. They are in full rebuild mode after the recent high profile roster purge. The team did announce that two linebackers have been re-signed.

Josh Martin played well for the Jets last year on special teams. He originally signed with the Jets in November of 2015 after spending time on the Indianapolis Colts practice squad.

Corey Lemonier was claimed off of waivers in late December and played for the Jets in their Week 17 win over the Buffalo Bills. He also played for Cleveland and Detroit last season. On the year he had nine tackles, two sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
7MPETSFo6N4

Click here to read the full story...

It's good to see us locking up our homegrown role-players. These are the types of guys that get taken for granted, but are essential to sustaining any level of success. Now, the key is to augment them with some tier 1 talent. 

6 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

How many snaps did Lemonier play in Cleveland?

In 8 games (of limited action, I'm guessing) he managed 2 sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a PD. 

Not too many.  He was in their rotation, but got less run when they traded for Jamie Collins. He hadn't been there that long because they got him off waivers from the Niners.  I looked it up, they cut him when the picked up Darius Jackson off waivers from the Cowboys.  I don't think Jackson was ever even active for them, but that franchise was certainly already looking past 2016. 

profootballreference.com has snap counts now, so it is easy enough to look up. 

Snap Counts

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's good to see us locking up our homegrown role-players. These are the types of guys that get taken for granted, but are essential to sustaining any level of success. Now, the key is to augment them with some tier 1 talent. 

I get your point, but these guys aren't exactly home grown.  Lemonier was a Niner 3rd rounder on 4 teams last year alone.  Martin has been kicking around the league for years and only joined the Jets late in 2015.  

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I get your point, but these guys aren't exactly home grown.  Lemonier was a Niner 3rd rounder on 4 teams last year alone.  Martin has been kicking around the league for years and only joined the Jets late in 2015.  

Sorry, I was talking more holistically about all of yesterday's moves. It's early, I should have been more clear. Lemonier, Martin, Wesley, Ijilana, etc ... all the small moves that didn't impress fans yesterday. :)

10 hours ago, JetNation said:

IMG_3635.jpg

Free agency started at 4pm on Thursday and as was expected the Jets were pretty quiet. They are in full rebuild mode after the recent high profile roster purge. The team did announce that two linebackers have been re-signed.

Josh Martin played well for the Jets last year on special teams. He originally signed with the Jets in November of 2015 after spending time on the Indianapolis Colts practice squad.

Corey Lemonier was claimed off of waivers in late December and played for the Jets in their Week 17 win over the Buffalo Bills. He also played for Cleveland and Detroit last season. On the year he had nine tackles, two sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

7MPETSFo6N4

Hmmm, isn't that more than the guy we're trying to trade?:D

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Sorry, I was talking more holistically about all of yesterday's moves. It's early, I should have been more clear. Lemonier, Martin, Wesley, Ijilana, etc ... all the small moves that didn't impress fans yesterday. :)

Yeah. The thing I like is that they are cheap.  There is tons of talent out there.  Much of it is cheap.  Guys like Taylor Gabriel, just rotting on teams.  This is the the time to find them.  Save your money for a real QB or surefire talent.  Ijalana's deal was a bit rich for my blood, but what can you do? 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah. The thing I like is that they are cheap.  There is tons of talent out there.  Much of it is cheap.  Guys like Taylor Gabriel, just rotting on teams.  This is the the time to find them.  Save your money for a real QB or surefire talent.  Ijalana's deal was a bit rich for my blood, but what can you do? 

Nothing. Have to remember there is a "tax" we'll have to pay for being a bottom 5 team.

Both good signings. Both good depth. Lemonier is a surprisingly good pass rusher, even with the limited snaps he got when on the Jets. Martin is also good on special teams. 

Curious to see what the do with the ILB situation. Will they cut Harris? Will they resign B.Carter? Will they go after Minter? They already let Henderson walk. 

13 hours ago, JetNation said:

IMG_3635.jpg

7MPETSFo6N4

poor sons a bitches

6 hours ago, PepPep said:

Both good signings. Both good depth. Lemonier is a surprisingly good pass rusher, even with the limited snaps he got when on the Jets. Martin is also good on special teams. 

Curious to see what the do with the ILB situation. Will they cut Harris? Will they resign B.Carter? Will they go after Minter? They already let Henderson walk. 

Henderson had off the field issues if you remember he was absent for almost half the season. 

Archived