Trade Down Possibility

KRL

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Mike McCoy:

In 1989 when Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys franchise, McCoy became a minority owner with a 5% stake in the team. In 1990, he was named team Vice-President.

In 1991 Jones and head coach Jimmy Johnson wanted to come up with a system to help them evaluate NFL draft trades quickly. McCoy invented a trade-value draft chart that assigned values to each draft pick and a numeric total for each deal. With the success of the Cowboys in the Nineties, the trade-value draft chart gained prominence in the NFL and now every team employs a version of it.

In 1996, he left the Cowboys to return to the oil and gas industry.

awesome.  thanks!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Its infinite. 

It is? Naw it eventually stops. After every player combination, every round combination, then every player team round combination, flip that then reverse it, double back around and over then loop it through the hole. It eventually stops. But maybe in the billions. Right? Hmm

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I heard Trubisky is still a possibility for the bears. I like him, but he only started one season so that's a concern obviously. Watson I'd be fine with in round 2. Unfortunately, there really isn't a LT worthy of being drafted 6th overall. So trading down to take one does make sense.

if the bears do pick trubitshy it would mean that they would have well over 20 million of their cap tied up in the qb position. i'm not sure they'de go for that.  they signed glennon so they probably plan for him to be the starter.

3 hours ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

You're tripping.. I'm no fan of Hack, but you don't draft a QB in the 2nd round the year before, and then draft a QB at 6th overall, especially when all the QB's in this year's draft class are rated no better than a 2nd rounder.

Plus Hack has too much physical tools and unknown upside and potential to give up just yet a year after he didn't even play yet. The only true knock on Hack is his short throw accuracy and confidence that's something that can be corrected...not his footwork, having a weak arm or him being unathletic.

now by all means we should definitely draft a guy like brad Kaaya, or pat JR in the 3rd round but no point in risking everything for Watson at 6 when he's not rated no higher than a 2nd rounderr

You are allowing Christian Hackenberg to influence your draft and he is tripping?  I mean, it is possible he looks good behind the scenes, but there has been nothing to indicate that he can provide anything above a Tajh Boyd level of quarterbacking.  I get wanting value as a reason to pass over Watson, but that does not have anything to do with Hackenberg.

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

Who was selected to the Pro Bowl as a starter and will be a 10+ yr starter and make multiple pro bowls if he stays healthy...Sign me up for that no matter the position

I get your point, but the pro bowl is not particularly impressive.  He was an utter failure at T and pretty bad at G as a rookie..  He had to be switched to G, not what I am looking for out of a top 5 pick.  Also, in 2016, Josh Doctson?  Good or bad?  I'm not saying McCloughan isn't good.  Just that he would have been cruicified here. 

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You are allowing Christian Hackenberg to influence your draft and he is tripping?  I mean, it is possible he looks good behind the scenes, but there has been nothing to indicate that he can provide anything above a Tajh Boyd level of quarterbacking.  I get wanting value as a reason to pass over Watson, but that does not have anything to do with Hackenberg.

Influence? No not at all...the NFL is a business not a fantasy football league.

Say we signed dak Prescott in the 2nd round and he looked utterly disgraceful in a preseason game just like Hack did. You're gonna give up on a guy you spent your team's 2nd pick in the draft on because of 1 preseason game? I don't see how an NFL team does that...

Petty I understand cutting, he came from a spread system at baylor and just hasn't grasped the pro style offense enough to be a future dependable starter. But he's a 4th rd pick, no harm done...

hack is on a 4yr/$4.66 mill deal...and Hack had success in a pro style system under bill obrien as a freshman in college (freshman of the year in his conference) which was the one year he looked great.

im not a Hack fan so how am I influenced by him? Lmao 

a lot of you guys seem to forget that osweiler had a horrible year...struggled under bill obrien system....the same exact System that Hack looked so good in that every draft expert at espn had Hack rated as a "top 10 future franchise QB" as a freshman. 2 years later those same experts had Hack rated as a bust in the draft sooo based on that logic alone....you're saying you rather have osweiler right now than Hack? Uhhhhh

and I'm only saying not to draft Watson cause he was a one read system QB in college and threw almost 30 ints over a 2 year span....

You're completely right. That has nothing to do with hackenburg lmfao

4 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

Influence? No not at all...the NFL is a business not a fantasy football league.

Say we signed dak Prescott in the 2nd round and he looked utterly disgraceful in a preseason game just like Hack did. You're gonna give up on a guy you spent your team's 2nd pick in the draft on because of 1 preseason game? I don't see how an NFL team does that...

Petty I understand cutting, he came from a spread system at baylor and just hasn't grasped the pro style offense enough to be a future dependable starter. But he's a 4th rd pick, no harm done...

hack is on a 4yr/$4.66 mill deal...and Hack had success in a pro style system under bill obrien as a freshman in college (freshman of the year in his conference) which was the one year he looked great.

im not a Hack fan so how am I influenced by him? Lmao 

a lot of you guys seem to forget that osweiler had a horrible year...struggled under bill obrien system....the same exact System that Hack looked so good in that every draft expert at espn had Hack rated as a "top 10 future franchise QB" as a freshman. 2 years later those same experts had Hack rated as a bust in the draft sooo based on that logic alone....you're saying you rather have osweiler right now than Hack? Uhhhhh

and I'm only saying not to draft Watson cause he was a one read system QB in college and threw almost 30 ints over a 2 year span....

You're completely right. That has nothing to do with hackenburg lmfao

That the **** are you laughing at?  I honestly don't understand your post at all.  It's all over the map.  This is what I comprehend... no harm done... Lmao...Uhhhh...lmfao.  

Did I mention Osweiler?  Bill O'Brien has literally nothing to do with this discussion.  Prescott?  What the **** does he have to do with this?  Petty is obviously ahead of Hackenberg at this stage, so why the **** would they cut him and keep Hackenberg?  

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

That the **** are you laughing at?  I honestly don't understand your post at all.  It's all over the map.  This is what I comprehend... no harm done... Lmao...Uhhhh...lmfao.  

Did I mention Osweiler?  Bill O'Brien has literally nothing to do with this discussion.  Prescott?  What the **** does he have to do with this?  Petty is obviously ahead of Hackenberg at this stage, so why the **** would they cut him and keep Hackenberg?  

Well you cut petty because petty had a year up on Hack and still is equally unready to do exactly what they drafted him for 3 seasons ago in the first place, that's why you cut him now, it's a business, he clearly doesn't have the goods to get it done anymore than Hack does and Hack didn't even play yet

*NEWSFLASH*

Prescott was a hypothetical situation to see how dumb you might or might not be....

Osweiler was brought up to point out that I'd bet you bill obrien would've had at least the same success with Hack starting for him in his system this season as they did with osweiler. By the way which Hack already did do a damn good job in as a freaking freshman.

did you comprehend that? Or does bill belichick have to hold a press conference to explain the obvious?

19 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

Well you cut petty because petty had a year up on Hack and still is equally unready to do exactly what they drafted him for 3 seasons ago in the first place, that's why you cut him now, it's a business, he clearly doesn't have the goods to get it done anymore than Hack does and Hack didn't even play yet

*NEWSFLASH*

Prescott was a hypothetical situation to see how dumb you might or might not be....

Osweiler was brought up to point out that I'd bet you bill obrien would've had at least the same success with Hack starting for him in his system this season as they did with osweiler. By the way which Hack already did do a damn good job in as a freaking freshman.

did you comprehend that? Or does bill belichick have to hold a press conference to explain the obvious?

Yep.  I comprehend it.  I stupidly thought you might have a shred of a thought there. You don't cut the cheaper player that is more prepared to play.  Football 101.  There is literally nothing clear about how Hackenberg will perform.  There is absolutely no reason to think he will do as well as Petty. Only an idiot would cut Petty because he is dirt cheap and locked up for a couple of years.  He could easily net a pick back and they supposedly got offers for him when they were shopping Smith last season.

I am not sure what your NEWSFLASH was, other than to explain why you mentioned Prescott.  Prescott doing well does not reflect in any way on the players that we have on roster. 

You are going to bet me that Bill O'Brien would prefer Hackenberg to Osweiler?  This is the same guy that traded up ahead of the Jets to take a center?  If O'Brien liked Hackenberg so much the kid would be a Texan right now.  Maybe you should compare his "damn good job as a freaking freshman" to some of the other prospects.  For instance, Watson was considerably better.  The main reasons to like Hackenberg were that he was the top HS QB in 2012 and the fact that he was supposedly able to run a pro style offense.  Both of those items indicate a player that is less likely to require this mythical "red shirt" year, yet you think that he is automatically better than guys the team started over him and a guy that did enough to earn a $70M contract.  Typical backup QB-itis.  The guy you haven't seen must be better, except you haven't seen him because he is not better. 

There is nothing obvious in that rant, other than the fact that you might be the one guy delusional enough to believe nyjunc that Sanchez was a top 10 QB in 2010. 

28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yep.  I comprehend it.  I stupidly thought you might have a shred of a thought there. You don't cut the cheaper player that is more prepared to play.  Football 101.  There is literally nothing clear about how Hackenberg will perform.  There is absolutely no reason to think he will do as well as Petty. Only an idiot would cut Petty because he is dirt cheap and locked up for a couple of years.  He could easily net a pick back and they supposedly got offers for him when they were shopping Smith last season.

I am not sure what your NEWSFLASH was, other than to explain why you mentioned Prescott.  Prescott doing well does not reflect in any way on the players that we have on roster. 

You are going to bet me that Bill O'Brien would prefer Hackenberg to Osweiler?  This is the same guy that traded up ahead of the Jets to take a center?  If O'Brien liked Hackenberg so much the kid would be a Texan right now.  Maybe you should compare his "damn good job as a freaking freshman" to some of the other prospects.  For instance, Watson was considerably better.  The main reasons to like Hackenberg were that he was the top HS QB in 2012 and the fact that he was supposedly able to run a pro style offense.  Both of those items indicate a player that is less likely to require this mythical "red shirt" year, yet you think that he is automatically better than guys the team started over him and a guy that did enough to earn a $70M contract.  Typical backup QB-itis.  The guy you haven't seen must be better, except you haven't seen him because he is not better. 

There is nothing obvious in that rant, other than the fact that you might be the one guy delusional enough to believe nyjunc that Sanchez was a top 10 QB in 2010. 

After all that stupidity I just read, the first thing that pops out is the fact that you actually think Petty is prepared to play....huh? W-wh-what? Come on man, there's nothing to show on game tape other than petty has an effortless big arm. He's nothing more than a 3rd stringer at best. He couldn't even beat the rams who were held to 9 points by the defense.

Hackenburg still hasn't even played yet, for all we know they could've sat him this season just to see if petty had developed at all first. WE DONT KNOW, you're simply assuming based on media reports and 1 bad preseason (which could be put to nothing but first game jitters)

There's upside to the unknown, there's no upside to what we already know. If you actually believe that petty's career potential is better than Hack's career potential based on Hack simply not playing then.....

You my good man and fellow jet fan are completely LOST

and for the record, anybody that thinks Sanchez even at his best was top 10, should be sent to prison for crimes against jet nation smh

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets have no other choice but to draft Deshaun Watson if he's there at 6 he would be the best QB prospect in ages to be on the roster. 

Agree 100%, don't think he will be there at 6 but it would be very interesting if he was (true test for Mac)

Watson two years as the full time starter

CMP  ATT    PCT    YDS    AVG  TD   INT    RAT
388    579    67.0    4593    7.9    41   17    151.1
333    491    67.8    4104    8.4    35   13    156.3

Hack two years as the full time starter,  including the "amazing" Freshman season

CMP  ATT    PCT    YDS    AVG  TD    INT    RAT
231    392    58.9    2955    7.5    20    10    134.0
270    484    55.8    2977    6.2    12    15    109.4

8 minutes ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

After all that stupidity I just read, the first thing that pops out is the fact that you actually think Petty is prepared to play....huh? W-wh-what? Come on man, there's nothing to show on game tape other than petty has an effortless big arm. He's nothing more than a 3rd stringer at best. He couldn't even beat the rams who were held to 9 points by the defense.

Hackenburg still hasn't even played yet, for all we know they could've sat him this season just to see if petty had developed at all first. WE DONT KNOW, you're simply assuming based on media reports and 1 bad preseason (which could be put to nothing but first game jitters)

There's upside to the unknown, there's no upside to what we already know. If you actually believe that petty's career potential is better than Hack's career potential based on Hack simply not playing then.....

You my good man and fellow jet fan are completely LOST

and for the record, anybody that thinks Sanchez even at his best was top 10, should be sent to prison for crimes against jet nation smh

Every single time Sanchez was cut loose he hung himself. Seeing Petty unable to even take a snap in the rain in New England was all I needed to see, he couldn't even throw the ball in the rain. It's Hacks turn this year. Draft a TE like OJ Howard, grab another RB that drops to the 3rd (who knows maybe Mixon gets there).

Could you imagine coming out of this draft with OJ Howard & Mixon? We have got to start building an offense here. Bubba would still have 3 picks to try to fix the secondary if we can get a 3rd for Sheldon.

12 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agree 100%, don't think he will be there at 6 but it would be very interesting if he was (true test for Mac)

Watson two years as the full time starter

CMP  ATT    PCT    YDS    AVG  TD   INT    RAT
388    579    67.0    4593    7.9    41   17    151.1
333    491    67.8    4104    8.4    35   13    156.3

Hack two years as the full time starter,  including the "amazing" Freshman season

CMP  ATT    PCT    YDS    AVG  TD    INT    RAT
231    392    58.9    2955    7.5    20    10    134.0
270    484    55.8    2977    6.2    12    15    109.4

With your logic, Manziel and Tebow were two of the greatest prospects ever.

3 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

With your logic, Manziel and Tebow were two of the greatest prospects ever.

Well, they both had more success in their first year the NFL then the Hack :)

and if you watch the winning drive of the National Championship game, it adds validity to those stats, something very few QB's could have done, kid is a winner

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Well, they both had more success in their first year the NFL then the Hack

and if you watch the winning drive of the National Championship game, it is something very few QB's could have done, kid is a winner

Great post and correct. 

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Well, they both had more success in their first year the NFL then the Hack :)

and if you watch the winning drive of the National Championship game, it adds validity to those stats, something very few QB's could have done, kid is a winner

I'd like to know how you know why Hack was redshirted. 

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Every single time Sanchez was cut loose he hung himself. Seeing Petty unable to even take a snap in the rain in New England was all I needed to see, he couldn't even throw the ball in the rain. It's Hacks turn this year. Draft a TE like OJ Howard, grab another RB that drops to the 3rd (who knows maybe Mixon gets there).

Could you imagine coming out of this draft with OJ Howard & Mixon? We have got to start building an offense here. Bubba would still have 3 picks to try to fix the secondary if we can get a 3rd for Sheldon.

That would be great but after oj's combine results, I don't see how NE will let him go if he gets to them in the 1st round. Nixon is definitely reachable. Bucky Hodges has a ton of potential too though, and he'll be there to grab before OJ Howard I think.

I've said it before though. This draft is filled with talent for db's and edge. And based on our day 1 in free agency, that's going to be our best bet to improve those positions immediately. Nobody wants to sign with us really man lol

6 hours ago, Gee Andrezzi said:

Why's that?

Because it goes against EVERYTHING they are doing, which is accumulating picks.  They are not going to give up a #1 for Sheldon Richardson.  They are going to use these picks to find a QB over the next year or two.

4 hours ago, PCP63 said:

I'd like to know how you know why Hack was redshirted. 

I do not know, and I wish him the best, he is a Jet and I want him to succeed, I will cheer for him if he ever earns playing time but having Hack on the team does not stop me from drafting Watson if he is there at 6, not even a second thought...

I have watched Hack play in the Big Ten, he played horribly vs the Buckeyes, except for 1 quarter out of 11 when he did show some promise and he did not beat the really good teams so I do not think he has "it". Most QB's at this level have "all of the tools" but the difference is can they step up when it matters the most, Jets do not have a QB that have proven that ability so should keep drafting until they find one, worst case we have two and that is not a bad problem to have... 

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I get your point, but the pro bowl is not particularly impressive.  He was an utter failure at T and pretty bad at G as a rookie..  He had to be switched to G, not what I am looking for out of a top 5 pick.  Also, in 2016, Josh Doctson?  Good or bad?  I'm not saying McCloughan isn't good.  Just that he would have been cruicified here. 

What I found, he was voted in as the starter. I don't follow Redskins closely but pretty sure he was drafted as a OG.  Wish Gholston & Sanchez could have been 10+ yr starters and multiple pro bowls.    

Youre asking about a rookie? Rookie. So based on your summary of Schreff, Doctson could become a pro bowler in his 2nd season  

Of course he would crucified here by many. Doesn't mean they're right or I have to agree with them. 

I think the biggest trade down possibility is the 12/33 deal that Browns could offer to pick Tribunsky.  Once you get to 12, then a lot more trade downs open up, but I think the biggest domino for any trade down is the Browns.  If they trade 12 for Garrapolo, then I'm not sure who moves up with a dire need.  

On 3/10/2017 at 10:46 PM, C Mart said:

What I found, he was voted in as the starter. I don't follow Redskins closely but pretty sure he was drafted as a OG.  Wish Gholston & Sanchez could have been 10+ yr starters and multiple pro bowls.    

Youre asking about a rookie? Rookie. So based on your summary of Schreff, Doctson could become a pro bowler in his 2nd season  

Of course he would crucified here by many. Doesn't mean they're right or I have to agree with them. 

Totally agree.  That was my point.  The skins obviously have talent, but with the Cousins mess and those 2 first rounders I don't think McCloughan would be a darling around here.  That was my point.  Not that the guy is a poor talent evaluator.  

Archived