Happy Birthday Woody Johnson!!!!

Gas2No99

Jets owner Woody Johnson turns 70 today (April 12th), still seeking the gift that no billionaire can buy -- the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Johnson was 52 when he bought the Jets, who have six playoff appearances but no AFC titles under his ownership. His next big accomplishment likely will come off the field. Johnson is expected to be Donald Trump's ambassador to the United Kingdom, but the process has been slowed due to an "appointment bottleneck" and a delay in ambassador training sessions, CNN reported.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fcimini_rich_m.Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

10 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Jets owner Woody Johnson turns 70 today (April 12th), still seeking the gift that no billionaire can buy -- the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Johnson was 52 when he bought the Jets, who have six playoff appearances but no AFC titles under his ownership. His next big accomplishment likely will come off the field. Johnson is expected to be Donald Trump's ambassador to the United Kingdom, but the process has been slowed due to an "appointment bottleneck" and a delay in ambassador training sessions, CNN reported.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fcimini_rich_m.Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

Im sorry... I recognize that Woody has his defenders but he is a complete moron as a business owner. He has has shown himself to be only slightly better than the Browns in organization.  The Jets are a below average team under his leadership. Its that simple.

On April 12, 2017 at 10:52 PM, Ghost said:

Sell. The. Team. 

Fat chance

As horribly as he has mismanaged the Jets buying the team is the only good business decision he ever made in his life.  He will keep the jets until he croaks because as a mantlepiece

On April 13, 2017 at 9:54 AM, southparkcpa said:

Im sorry... I recognize that Woody has his defenders but he is a complete moron as a business owner. He has has shown himself to be only slightly better than the Browns in organization.  The Jets are a below average team under his leadership. Its that simple.

¿Por que te estas disculpando? 

Estoy de acuerdo que Woody es un imbecil. Pero, a lo mínimo, él ha invertido en el equipo para mejorar el producto: un estadio que es nuestro, una facilidad moderna para entrenar, y MUCHO mas para incorporar los hinchas al equipo con funciones como Kids Day en el estadio y los eventos gastronómicos en restaurantes de Manhattan o Jets House. 

El ha tratado. Estoy de acuerdo que él no es lo mejor que hay, y le hecho MUCHA culpa y la razón que nuestra administraction es un fracaso, pero es lo que es. 

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

¿Por que te estas disculpando? 

Estoy de acuerdo que Woody es un imbecil. Pero, a lo mínimo, él ha invertido en el equipo para mejorar el producto: un estadio que es nuestro, una facilidad moderna para entrenar, y MUCHO mas para incorporar los hinchas al equipo con funciones como Kids Day en el estadio y los eventos gastronómicos en restaurantes de Manhattan o Jets House. 

El ha tratado. Estoy de acuerdo que él no es lo mejor que hay, y le hecho MUCHA culpa y la razón que nuestra administraction es un fracaso, pero es lo que es. 

Si.... Pero los numerous dice una  historia de los hechos.

Vive  en Manhattan? Morning side heights?  

I listened to the Sirius NFL channel today and was actually moved by the testimonials to how great of a person Dan Rooney was, in addition to his vision for the Steelers and how they excelled, in large part because they were the first team to recruit from Black colleges and use Black coaches.   He was characterized as an overall good guy.

Woody should listen to this stuff, because my guess is that when he does pass away (and I am not wishing that on him), supporting Mitt Romney and enabling a mediocre football team is not going to produce an inspiring obituary.

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

I listened to the Sirius NFL channel today and was actually moved by the testimonials to how great of a person Dan Rooney was, in addition to his vision for the Steelers and how they excelled, in large part because they were the first team to recruit from Black colleges and use Black coaches.   He was characterized as an overall good guy.

Woody should listen to this stuff, because my guess is that when he does pass away (and I am not wishing that on him), supporting Mitt Romney and enabling a mediocre football team is not going to produce an inspiring obituary.

CLEARLY you're not an avid reader of The National Review 

Archived