2 teams to watch on draft day

SickJetFan

Arizona - would be perfect landing spot for one of these QB.  Their 1st 2 picks equal our pick at 6 in trade chart.  If a QB they like on board at 6 I could see a trade happen.

Raiders - they in a win now I could see them take a chance on Sheldon Richardson and give us a pick

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Arizona - would be perfect landing spot for one of these QB.  Their 1st 2 picks equal our pick at 6 in trade chart.  If a QB they like on board at 6 I could see a trade happen.

Raiders - they in a win now I could see them take a chance on Sheldon Richardson and give us a pick

Arz WILL NOT trade up, IMO. Ariens has been VERY vocal about NEVER reaching for a QB, and w/his QB whisperer confidence, I doubt they TRADE UP and surrender picks for a position he can "coach up." 

I wonder if the Raiders are BALLSY enough to trade up for Fournette at @6 if he's there. The Lynch rumors should be put to bed, i.e. Seattle will want more compensation than it's worth, and Raiders NEED a YOUNG workhorse RB to alleviate Carr and take that offense to ANOTHER level. 

This is exactly what the Raiders should do, and to my knowledge there is no SR in this draft.  So the Jets should package something to get picks and unload SR.   The Raiders need picks less than the Jets.  

Pryor on the other hand is harder to trade, given all the safeties in the draft.

So maybe the Jets send the Raiders 6, SR and Pryor for basically the top of their draft?  The Jets can use Middleton and draft picks at safety   

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Arz WILL NOT trade up, IMO. Ariens has been VERY vocal about NEVER reaching for a QB, and w/his QB whisperer confidence, I doubt they TRADE UP and surrender picks for a position he can "coach up." 

I wonder of the Raiders are BALLSY enough to trade up for Fournette at @6 if he's there. The Lynch rumors should be put to bed, i.e. Seattle will want more compensation than it's worth, and Raiders NEED a workhorse RB to alleviate Carr and take that offense to ANOTHER level. 

My bet is Arians can smokescreen with the best of them and he cannot hide the fact that he is in desperate need of an heir at QB....beggers cannot be choosers unless they are proactive.

26 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

My bet is Arians can smokescreen with the best of them and he cannot hide the fact that he is in desperate need of an heir at QB....beggers cannot be choosers unless they are proactive.

Valid and plausible point. While I agree, there is a CLOSING window to win NOW with Palmer, I feel Arz will more likely go with an immediately impactful player on defense than a "luxury pick" that can't contribute for another year or so.

I do recall hearing that Palmer does not practice on Wednesdays (rest his body) and whoever the rookie QB is would get first team reps at least once a week with the #1s, that's a BIG deal and implies they feel they can toss in a rookie a game or two when - not if - Palmer goes down a few games. 

This is a 2nd round QB class (better value in regards to slot picked and actual PLAYING time they'll see in year 1) and Arz should be patient enough to grab whoever falls to them in round 2 . . . . unless there is a run on QBs and they miss out once again. They won't trade up. It's NOT their style (the Bidwells are a 50+ year football family) to give up draft picks - NO young FAs ever sign in ARZ.  For the Cardinals, draft picks are CRUCIAL b/c it's the only way they get young & aspiring talent  - notice all their FA signing are "Washed up vets" who have one last shot in the desert since no one else signed them (Freeney, Emmit Smith, J Abraham, Dansby, Warner, Edge James, etc.)

Arz won't trade up. 

Raiders baby, Mark wants to win one for Oaktown before they ditch that $hithole town and Fournette will take them there; hopefully we'll be the beneficiary of such an aggressive trade-up.

If fournette is on the board, I can see the Colts trading up or the Eagles. also the Bengals (but it's only 2 spots)

If Trubisky is on the board, I can see Cleveland trading up.  Perhaps the Redskins too if they decide that Cousins is out next year.  Or they can trade Cousins now and move up to get Trubisky (or any other QB they covet.)  

Assuming 49ers take Solomon at #2, they may want to trade into spot 6 to get one of the QBs with some picks this year and next year's 1st + more maybe.  

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

Cue Shelly w/the silver and black by the end of the draft!

In typical fashion he'll have 2 sacks, 1 FF, and a 2 TFLs against us when we go to Oakland next season. lol. :lol:

yeah i just hope it is for a 3rd rounder or better - anything less just keep him in his contract year and then franchise him next if he breaks out.

6 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

yeah i just hope it is for a 3rd rounder or better - anything less just keep him in his contract year and then franchise him next if he breaks out.

HA! Pass the peace pipe when you're done puffin' :lol:

Shelly will net us a 4th AT BEST in a straight-up trade, MAYBE a late 3rd if we kick back a 5th in the transaction. He's damaged goods - like that "Pacific Northwest Salmon" my friend bought off the clearance rack at TJ Maxx for his dad as a Xmas gift: Buyer Beware. 

Tampa Bay is a team to watch imo.  They can't rely on Doug Martin at all and I could see them trading up for either Fournette or Cook.  They want to follow the past and present Dallas blue print.  Franchise QB, with great back with at least one great WR.

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Shelly will net us a 4th AT BEST in a straight-up trade, MAYBE a late 3rd if we kick back a 5th in the transaction. He's damaged goods - like that "Pacific Northwest Salmon" my friend bought off the clearance rack at TJ Maxx for his dad as a Xmas gift: Buyer Beware. 

lol well then keep him is my vote he still has lots of potential is someone can get through his thick skull.

6 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

lol well then keep him is my vote he still has lots of potential is someone can get through his thick skull.

This is Richardson's contact year.  IMO he'll have a great season.  Some dope will give him a monster contract, and he'll be suspended for 10 games in the next 2 years

26 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Cue Shelly w/the silver and black by the end of the draft!

In typical fashion he'll have 2 sacks, 1 FF, and a 2 TFLs against us when we go to Oakland next season. lol. :lol:

Plenty of decent DL in the draft, I don't see the Raiders giving up much for a malcontent player on a contract year....

13 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is Richardson's contact year.  IMO he'll have a great season.  Some dope will give him a monster contract, and he'll be suspended for 10 games in the next 2 years

Yup, the Jets are totally pooched with this guy and are in a no win situation.

He may be a lunk head but he is smart enough to see Mo wilk and realize in a contract year he needs to produce big time and keep clean which is what he will do.

If he stays with us he has a big year and then the Jets look bad if they let him walk.

If he goes he will have a big year and the Jets will look bad that they 'gave him away'.

If the Jets resign him after a big year he will as you predict check out and either dog it or get suspensed.

The Jets are going to look bad no matter what they do.

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I wonder if the Raiders are BALLSY enough to trade up for Fournette at @6 if he's there. The Lynch rumors should be put to bed, i.e. Seattle will want more compensation than it's worth, and Raiders NEED a YOUNG workhorse RB to alleviate Carr and take that offense to ANOTHER level.

They are trying to trade for un retired Beast Mode, so I don't think they give up more picks for a second RB.  I think Seattle will give him up for like a 4 or 5.  Why not, they get nothing otherwise, and they need the picks.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He may be a lunk head but he is smart enough to see Mo wilk and realize in a contract year he needs to produce big time and keep clean which is what he will do.

If he stays with us he has a big year and then the Jets look bad if they let him walk.

If he goes he will have a big year and the Jets will look bad that they 'gave him away'.

If the Jets resign him after a big year he will as you predict check out and either dog it or get suspensed.

they could franchise him and take the comp pick after their big FA year.

or sign him long term - they guy is thick no doubt but there is no denying he loves football and maybe one day he will realize he will have only so many years to play.

35 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

If you can't get better than a 3, you keep him, let him ball out in a contract year, let him go and get a late 3 as a comp.

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

they could franchise him and take the comp pick after their big FA year.

or sign him long term - they guy is thick no doubt but there is no denying he loves football and maybe one day he will realize he will have only so many years to play.

And get killed for taking a comp pick for a 'productive' player.  The jets are not like these teams such as the pats in which having a franchise Qb and coach cover up all of their controversial moves.

I don't think the Raiders have the cap space to afford Richardson's contract . If the Jets are smart, their would be on the phone with the Saints prying away that pick 11 and whatever else they can get . If the QBs are all on the board at pick 6, having that 11th pick 1 spot ahead of the Browns would force movement yet again

2. Sheldon Richardson, Jets defensive lineman: The 2013 Defensive Rookie of the Year was dangled at last year's trade deadline, with Gang Green reportedly seeking a first-round pick as compensation. Still in shopping mode, Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan will likely have to settle for a mid-round pick if he's intent on dealing the " odd man out" of his defensive-line rotation.

Although Richardson has been linked to another player on this list -- Bengals backup QB AJ McCarron -- in unsubstantiated rumors, it's hard to make sense of that swap from the Jets' point of view. Will any team roll the dice on a Pro Bowl-caliber defensive lineman at $8 million with a chance to recoup a compensatory pick in the 2019 draft?

. Read

11 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I guess i never thought about the fact that any team that trades for the Jets Richardson also have an "out" in that if it does not work out they can claim the comp pick I guess.

In that case, what the Pats did with Mingo makes sense: trade peanuts for a Top 10 1st round "bust" in the last year of his contract and let him walk (Mingo signed w/Colts) and get a comp pick with a 1st round grade factored into the equation. 

Clever little girl . . . . .

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sad to say, that could be the last sentence in almost any thread of any Jet related topic.:mellow:

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Sad to say, that could be the last sentence in almost any thread of any Jet related topic.:mellow:

If the Jets every get a franchise QB everything they do will look smarter.  A lot of teams in this league have had just as many fails as the jets in the draft, fa whatever, but when you have a Brees, Brady, rogers, Rivers, roeths it bails you out.

This is why this team needs to do nearly whatever it takes to position themselves to get a franchise QB, next year is my preference.  I'd easily trade out 1st round pick outright this year if we got enough ammo for next year.

4 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

The Raiders can't afford Sheldon Richardson longterm. ( Derek Carr and Gabe Jackson will sign extensions after the draft this year.  K Mack next offseason .   All are going to be very expensive.  

The Raiders for a fifth rounder might be willing to trade for one year rental Sheldon Richardson .    This way they can let Jihad Ward develop at his own pace.( played too much - when clearly wasn't ready due to injuries they had on the defense line.   Anything more than that isn't worth it for one year rental.

Raiders jut cut DT Dan Williams yesterday.   Was very good in 2015, and was fat and out of shape in 2016.  ( didn't play up to standard they expected). 

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Reggie Mckenize isn't trading up in the first. period.  Better chance he trades back.  ( some team might be looking for a Qb in front of Texans). 

Just now, Raideraholic said:

Reggie Mckenize isn't trading up in the first. period.  Better chance he trades back.  ( some team might be looking for a Qb in front of Texans). 

fair enough. IT WOULD BE VERY Al Davis-esque if they did. 

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

I like how these QBs aren't good enough for the Jets to take at #6, but teams will be lining up to trade multiple picks to get up to #6 so that they can take one. 

NBA style? Pick and Trade away?

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Raiders have their running back by committee set up.    Beast Mode- will be a Raider by draft day. ( 10-13 carriers ). Jalen Richard will defintely get his touches .  Deandre Washington , and Cordealle Patterson might get a couple carriers too .   The Raiders will draft  the eventually Beastmode replacement- in the fourth or fifth round.  

No the Seahawks have no bargaining power, as they can't afford Lynch salary .  The Raiders will give Seattle a seventh rounder , more because of Mckenize close relationship with Seattle GM.( were best friends with the Packers organization).

13 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raiders can't afford Sheldon Richardson longterm. ( Derek Carr and Gabe Jackson will sign extensions after the draft this year.  K Mack next offseason .   All are going to be very expensive.  

The Raiders for a fifth rounder might be willing to trade for one year rental Sheldon Richardson .    This way they can let Jihad Ward develop at his own pace.( played too much - when clearly wasn't ready due to injuries they had on the defense line.   Anything more than that isn't worth it for one year rental.

Raiders jut cut DT Dan Williams yesterday.   Was very good in 2015, and was fat and out of shape in 2016.  ( didn't play up to standard they expected). 

5th rounder is wishful thinking there by a raider fan

and yes the raiders need to re-sign mack and carr but they are hardly out of cap...they have 34million in 2017 and 82 million in 2018 according to overcap they also like every other team have room to cut to make room for new and better.

24 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

5th rounder is wishful thinking there by a raider fan

and yes the raiders need to re-sign mack and carr but they are hardly out of cap...they have 34million in 2017 and 82 million in 2018 according to overcap they also like every other team have room to cut to make room for new and better.

No wishful thinking as anything more than a fifth round pick for one year rental isn't worth it from a Raider viewpoint.   

The Jets are going to take the best offer possible for Richardson , and if they can can get a better offer from another team than that , they will take it.   No skin off the Raiders backs,   if the Jets trade  Sheldon Richardson.( every team has a price, both trading teams price have to be compatible with each other. 

Btw the Raiders owner isn't a billionaire.   They don't have the cash up front to put in escrow you need to sign those caliber players .  Have to structure those contracts a little different than a lot of other teams do.

24 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

No wishful thinking as anything more than a fifth round pick for one year rental isn't worth it from a Raider viewpoint.   

The Jets are going to take the best offer possible for Richardson , and if they can can get a better offer from another team than that , they will take it.   No skin off the Raiders backs,   if the Jets trade  Sheldon Richardson.( every team has a price, both trading teams price have to be compatible with each other. 

Btw the Raiders owner isn't a billionaire.   They don't have the cash up front to put in escrow you need to sign those caliber players .  Have to structure those contracts a little different than a lot of other teams do.

The Raiders (like Jets in 2015) have to start spending money based on the cap rules.

Archived