Draft Rumors

C Mart

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Seriously, if Macc trades up and gives up additional draft resources, especially premium ones in 2018, you might as well start his termination clock now. It would be as inevitable as it was for Idzik after the 2014 debacle.

It should not cost us much to move from 7 to 1 in the 2nd. If he is giving up premium picks shame on him.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

It should not cost us much to move from 7 to 1 in the 2nd. If he is giving up premium picks shame on him.

There are several reasons the roster is as thing/in as bad a shape as it is:

• Many of Tannenbaum's contracts were enormous and uncuttable, at least until recently.
  • Idzik's drafts were terrible.
  • Macc's drafts were meh.
  • Macc traded 5 draft picks (recent drafts) for players who are not on the team.
  • Macc spent $ millions on players who are mostly not on the team.

Hopefully Macc does better at the items above he has control over and builds a better roster.  More picks is more, in this draft, for this team.

The Chiefs and Texans can trade picks for missing pieces, after already building a oood overall roster.

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

He has a history of giving up better value next year for immediate resources this year. I know Shell may end up starting for us, but I still hated that trade. Over time you will lose ground doing that.

1 minute ago, varjet said:

There are several reasons the roster is as thing/in as bad a shape as it is:

• Many of Tannenbaum's contracts were enormous and uncuttable, at least until recently.
  • Idzik's drafts were terrible.
  • Macc's drafts were meh.
  • Macc traded 5 draft picks (recent drafts) for players who are not on the team.
  • Macc spent $ millions on players who are mostly not on the team.

Hopefully Macc does better at the items above he has control over and builds a better roster.  More picks is more, in this draft, for this team.

The Chiefs and Texans can trade picks for missing pieces, after already building a oood overall roster.

if they are high on the Robinson and it won't cost much I would be okay with it. there is plenty of talent early on, however.

Interesting if Webb is preferred over Kizer.

I think there are at least 5 players who are equally valuable to the Jets in terms of improvement over replacement.  Cook, Robins, Lamp, King to name a few.  McDowell doesn't fill a need for us but could go ahead of us as well.  WIth Ramczyk and Foster getting scooped up at 31 and 32 last night, I don't see an obvious guy worth trading up for (assuming it would cost us our late 3rd). 

On Dalvin Cook:

"So the reason as far as I'm told (his slide) relates to some of the people that he hangs out with off the field," Rapoport said. "It's more upbringing than character if that makes any sense. Because at this point, from what I'm told, the on-field character is very good, considered to be at Florida State an excellent teammate, a very hard worker. But some of it is the situations he puts himself in off the field. He has promised teams that the people around him are not coming with him to the NFL, and we'll see how that puts him as far as the standing goes in the second round today."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000803932/article/dalvin-cooks-slide-due-to-offfield-concerns

Trade up rumor is disheartening. However, they could do something I'd like - though I doubt it's what the Packers are looking for. A swap of the Packers giving up 33 (R2), 93 (R3), and 134 (R4) with the Jets trading 39 (R2) and 70 (R3) is pretty much equal on the trade value chart if I did my math right (actually might favor the Packers).

So you could get whoever you want right now and add a 4th round pick at the cost of moving down a bunch in the 3rd. That wouldn't be so bad. Seems pretty unlikely though.

1 minute ago, derp said:

Trade up rumor is disheartening. However, they could do something I'd like - though I doubt it's what the Packers are looking for. A swap of the Packers giving up 33 (R2), 93 (R3), and 134 (R4) with the Jets trading 39 (R2) and 70 (R3) is pretty much equal on the trade value chart if I did my math right (actually might favor the Packers).

So you could get whoever you want right now and add a 4th round pick at the cost of moving down a bunch in the 3rd. That wouldn't be so bad. Seems pretty unlikely though.

I think the Jets are trying to trade up using a pick and Sheldon Richardson or calvin Pryor

26 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

On Dalvin Cook:

"So the reason as far as I'm told (his slide) relates to some of the people that he hangs out with off the field," Rapoport said. "It's more upbringing than character if that makes any sense. Because at this point, from what I'm told, the on-field character is very good, considered to be at Florida State an excellent teammate, a very hard worker. But some of it is the situations he puts himself in off the field. He has promised teams that the people around him are not coming with him to the NFL, and we'll see how that puts him as far as the standing goes in the second round today."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000803932/article/dalvin-cooks-slide-due-to-offfield-concerns

Cook is getting love yet Mixon is vilified. Cook has so much baggage he makes Mixon look good.

19 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I think the Jets are trying to trade up using a pick and Sheldon Richardson or calvin Pryor

Quite possible. I'd rather get standalone picks for those guys even if they're in the fourth or fifth for Richardson and sixth or seventh for Pryor. I unfortunately think they need to unload Richardson so I'd take that deal how I can get it I guess.

Archived