Draft Rumors

C Mart

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Redskins are shopping RB Matt Jones, sources say. Former third-rounder has flashed, but Skins likely add another RB this weekend.

oops..nevermind

Football coaches hate fumbles, and Jay Gruden is no different. Remember that Matt Jones had established himself as the Redskins lead running back despite persistent fumbling issues his first two years in the NFL. That was until a goal line fumble Week 7 in Detroit. Jones never played again in 2016. 

5 p.m.

I’m told both the Los Angeles Chargers and New York Jets have quarterback Davis Webb in their sights and each team is trying to move up to secure his services. It’s a good possibility any of the teams selecting from picks 33 to 37 would be amicable to trading down for the right compensation.

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-notes-day-2

Tony Pauline‏ @TonyPauline

I'm told both teams trying to trade up for Webb

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

5 p.m.

I’m told both the Los Angeles Chargers and New York Jets have quarterback Davis Webb in their sights and each team is trying to move up to secure his services. It’s a good possibility any of the teams selecting from picks 33 to 37 would be amicable to trading down for the right compensation.

there is no way the jets take another qb in the 2nd round who isn't ready to play in the nfl.

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

5 p.m.

Don't know much about Davis Webb... not crazy about taking another second round QB.  Please be smokescreen to move up for Cam Robinson or Calvin Cook.

Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero

#Jets aren't just shopping Sheldon Richardson (as @RapSheet said). Also making calls on trading former 1st-rd pick Calvin Pryor, per sources

Richardson and Pryor have basically been on the block since last year. Difference now: price dropped. Sounds like mid-round pick for either.

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

5 p.m.

3d5.gif

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero

#Jets aren't just shopping Sheldon Richardson (as @RapSheet said). Also making calls on trading former 1st-rd pick Calvin Pryor, per sources

Pryor too!?  Gotta say if we could get anything worthwhile on day 2 for Calvin Pryor, I'll give a lot of credit to Mac.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Chargers, Jets and Buccaneers amongst the teams calling Packers, interesting in trading up for top pick in second round, per source.

doesn't mean its for a QB..the webb rumor could just be because jets have eye on someone else..maybe OT Robinson?

42 minutes ago, C Mart said:

5 p.m.

Ugh

4 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Agreed, he did this in the 3rd round his first draft.

His extra pick was Harrison, who lasted one year.

Well, when Leo falls to you in R1 - you can only really trade back in the later rounds.

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Chargers, Jets and Buccaneers amongst the teams calling Packers, interesting in trading up for top pick in second round, per source.

doesn't mean its for a QB..the webb rumor could just be because jets have eye on someone else..maybe OT Robinson?

Why?  Why would we trade up?   

Dear God, don't let it be Webb.  I wouldn't even take him over Petty.

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

Don't get upset about rumors. The Bears fans were all excited about there trade back in the first. How'd that go?

This was actually one of the reasons why I really wanted the 12/33 trade back, because I think this pick gets enormous value because teams are shocked to see some guy last this long, and then feel like paying up more.

We really need a CB, and adding another mediocre QB to the team just isn't going to help.  I wonder if Sheldon is involved though, because the Packers lost Peppers and Jones, so they would need a DE in a 3-4 scheme.  Other than that, makes no sense for us to even talk to them.

5 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Why?  Why would we trade up?   

Dear God, don't let it be Webb.  I wouldn't even take him over Petty.

Maybe they want OT Robinson?  Gil Brandt had him rated #15 player..

it's all rumors..maybe they want CB King or OLB Willis? Who knows

Just now, C Mart said:

If they pick Robinson or King or Cook or Wilson or even Jones after trading up, I can live with it, but Webb is as mediocre as you can get and I don't even think he's a second round guy.  

Just now, win4ever said:

This was actually one of the reasons why I really wanted the 12/33 trade back, because I think this pick gets enormous value because teams are shocked to see some guy last this long, and then feel like paying up more.

We really need a CB, and adding another mediocre QB to the team just isn't going to help.  I wonder if Sheldon is involved though, because the Packers lost Peppers and Jones, so they would need a DE in a 3-4 scheme.  Other than that, makes no sense for us to even talk to them.

If we take a QB I'd like to take a look at that kid from Northern Colorado. Maybe as a priority FA

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

No reason to trade up. We have a lot of needs and there are a lot of good players left. At least 10 that I would give very similar grades to. I actually like Lamp better than Robinson, and think he could play any position on the line. He could be the Green Lamp. 

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

If we take a QB I'd like to take a look at that kid from Northern Colorado. Maybe as a priority FA

I don't mind late round flyers on anyone with potential because it's just late round flyers.  

One guy I kinda like late as a draft pick is Jerod Evans out of VTech.  They had a ton of drops from the receivers, and that offensive line seemed terrible to me.  He'd be a project, kinda reminds me of Brett Hundley a few years ago (although I guess he hasn't done anything yet) but someone that could turn out decent under the right coach.  The physical tools are there.  

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There is no friggin way this team should be trading up at all.  As for trading down they should have done in the 1st if at all.

At least this evening should be interesting if not possibly horrifying.

If they are looking to trade up with the Packers, I don't see the Jets giving up Picks but instead giving up Richardson and a swap of picks.  I wouldn't mind as long as we don't lose picks.

Archived