JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

Just now, Nolder said:

I'm giving him until after I've had lunch to make an adequate response or I'll just drop my vote and deal with DPR tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, why do you think this is a good play?

80 has revealed, and can be vetted moving forward - or caught in a lie. In effect, we've got him isolated. So why would "lynch him now and deal with someone I think is scum tomorrow" make sense?

You're beginning to reek.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

80 has revealed, and can be vetted moving forward - or caught in a lie. In effect, we've got him isolated. So why would "lynch him now and deal with someone I think is scum tomorrow" make sense?

You're beginning to reek.

I can agree with this.  Pirate needs to speak up before anything.  

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't care about good play I care about having fun.

Or rather, I try to balance playing to the best of my ability with having fun.

Right now having fun outweighs the best play.

I would rather contribute to moving the game along in 2-3 hours (it's 10AM for me doofus) than wait for more than 3 hours for a response that's prooooobably just going to be bullsh*t anyway.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

All this talking about what "girls" means, is 1.) perfect in terms of a game about Nerds being played by Nerds, and 2.) violating the cardinal rule about setup theories as distraction.

@Jetsfan80 produce some sort of follow-up, or we're lynching you on principle. The fact that you didn't seek clarification about that aspect of your supposed role BEFORE revealing it, or immediately when the game started, is stupid.

exactly what started the conversation you bashed us for above. But that's cool you make a good point. Either way putting more ideas in 80's head may cause him to slip up just as easily if we continue to grill him after the fact

Oh I didn't even read the second half of that.

I try to give people leeway for my reading them wrong.

I could just be very wrong about DPR.

I doubt it, but I could be.

On the other hand 80's reveal is bad.

That's not just my opinion or my gut or intuition.

There is something concrete there that doesn't add up.

It makes more sense to follow the concrete lead than it does scummy behavior no matter how conclusive I think it is.

Besides which if they are both scum it doesn't really matter which order they're lynched in we only have one lynch per day anyway. 

3 hours ago, Leelou said:

Nyn and Nolder? Im not seeing Nol as scummy. Trying to not pass judgment on Nyn right this second since she's posted that she's at a drill.

I'm now pretty interested in a DPR flip.

I'd prefer a 80 flip or even Verbal.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Looks like I'm L-3?  I'll go ahead and reveal. 

My role is some form of watcher.  The role allows me to watch girls and see who visits them.  I don't know if this means I can only view female players; was waiting until night to clarify on this.

Cool story.  Non traditional reveal.  Glad to see you have an imagination.

19 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I don't care about good play I care about having fun.

Or rather, I try to balance playing to the best of my ability with having fun.

Right now having fun outweighs the best play.

I would rather contribute to moving the game along in 2-3 hours (it's 10AM for me doofus) than wait for more than 3 hours for a response that's prooooobably just going to be bullsh*t anyway.

Gross.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Official Vote Count:

80 (3) - JC, Crushlove, Leelou

DPR (4) - 80, Ape, Nol, Nyn

Nol (2) - Verb, DPR

Ape (1) - Hess

Nyn (1) - Smash

With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to remove from campus

aight...this VC is close...do we lynch 80 for the cryptic reveal or punish DPR for not revealing before 80?  Move to Nolder as a split the difference kinda of play?  

How about a simple lynch Verbal?  I'm open to suggestions.  

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

aight...this VC is close...do we lynch 80 for the cryptic reveal or punish DPR for not revealing before 80?  Move to Nolder as a split the difference kinda of play?  

How about a simple lynch Verbal?  I'm open to suggestions.  

Why don't you say what you want to do - rather than taking everyone's temperature on it?

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

OK.  Where would you prefer we lynch next?  

It all comes down to if we believe 80's reveal or not.,Considering it's the same role JIF had last game, 80 dragged his feet on it, I'm leaning towards 80 making it up. Just clumsy reveal all together. 

I went back to read the Pirate and yes there is smoke but it's mostly typical derpirty derp Pirate stuff. 

Still think vote 80 is the play. 

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

My vote is on 80.  Yours in on DPR.  The rest is the options as I see them.  You seeing something different?

Don't care.

You asked people what to do, rather than saying what you want. I've made it clear what I want. I believe DPR is scum. I'd like to seem him lynched. I'm not soliciting guidance, nor am I willing to bend to the whim of the majority here. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

It all comes down to if we believe 80's reveal or not.,Considering it's the same role JIF had last game, 80 dragged his feet on it, I'm leaning towards 80 making it up. Just clumsy reveal all together. 

I went back to read the Pirate and yes there is smoke but it's mostly typical derpirty derp Pirate stuff. 

80 said he would elaborate once Jif got back to him.  Let's see what he comes back with first.  

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Earlier this game, you said you would catch 80 with one post if he's scum. You didn't. You've never made the case that he's scum, unless I missed it. Instead, you are gaming the mod. 

This vote reeks to me. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Don't care.

You asked people what to do, rather than saying what you want. I've made it clear what I want. I believe DPR is scum. I'd like to seem him lynched. I'm not soliciting guidance, nor am I willing to bend to the whim of the majority here. 

OK...many ways to play mafia here.  I like the 80 lynch you'd rather not...I can interpret this is a couple of ways...

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Don't care.

Why is soliciting for others peoples take bad?  

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Earlier this game, you said you would catch 80 with one post if he's scum. You didn't. You've never made the case that he's scum, unless I missed it. Instead, you are gaming the mod. 

This vote reeks to me. 

You pushing fat man on Day 1?  I could move there...hmmn...

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

OK...many ways to play mafia here.  I like the 80 lynch you'd rather not...I can interpret this is a couple of ways...

There's no interpretation beyond what I've already stated. I never read him as scum, I'm willing to hear him follow-up after he hears from JIF, we've got him isolated by his reveal... and, most importantly, I trust my read on DPR far more than the logic of you idiots about calling 80's potential bluff on his reveal.

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

Why is soliciting for others peoples take bad?  

Depends on the context in which it is done.

In one way, it's good because townies can do it to get a read on other players.

In other ways, it's bad because scum can do it so that they can take the temperature of town, then misdirect or piggy-back on a townie lynch without as much accountability, and frame townies later.