JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

46 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

NOTE: Very close friend of mine 80 year old Dad was ran over by an idiot in DC. We believe he was texting . One of the sweetest old men in the planet. Severe head trauma and probably not going to make it. If JiF can't replace me just give me a couple days and I will get back in. Just organizing my thoughts. 

Sorry to hear that.

I see so many people texting while driving every day here in LA it's crazy.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

NOTE: Very close friend of mine 80 year old Dad was ran over by an idiot in DC. We believe he was texting . One of the sweetest old men in the planet. Severe head trauma and probably not going to make it. If JiF can't replace me just give me a couple days and I will get back in. Just organizing my thoughts. 

Sorry bud, don't sweat the game. Thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

DPR, you've been grossly transparent here - I voted you - and you responded by personally insulting me. You obviously wanted me to go there so you could shame me.

Let me know when you're ready to play the game. In the meantime, still not sorry. I never mocked victims (like you said). I just joked that you were being creepy. If my daughter was 15 and on DM being talked to by a middle-aged man about booze and her looks, well sh*t... 

But see, I never said or did that. You believe your own bullsh*t. Always have. When you don't like something, or get jealous, you just make up a different version you do like and run with that, kind of like how you insult everyone and call them names, then say that they're doing it. 

Historically, I'm not the one who has been kicked out of games, off boards, and is known for emo-meltdowns. I'm not the one dragging all the personal sh*t onto the thread. You're a spaz - everyone knows that. Don't know if it's insecurity or what, and don't really care, but it's annoying to put up with you constantly going out of bounds to make up for your lack of ability to figure things out. And this ain't the first time you've been told this. 

Like I said, do whatever you want, but you're too old to act like a brat anymore and the more you blather on and on about yourself and make up lies about other people, the less credibility you have with anything at all. Don't mistake pity for respect.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D P R said:

What is your point here? Nobody blurts out everything they see whenever they see it and I already had you in my scum pile. The needless reveal just added to that.

Acceptable response.  I understand you're having to fend off a lot today so I'll leave you alone for a while. 

Want to kill Verbal?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Acceptable response.  I understand you're having to fend off a lot today so I'll leave you alone for a while. 

Want to kill Verbal?

No particular reason to suspect Verbal. 

15 minutes ago, D P R said:

But see, I never said or did that. You believe your own bullsh*t. Always have. When you don't like something, or get jealous, you just make up a different version you do like and run with that, kind of like how you insult everyone and call them names, then say that they're doing it. 

Historically, I'm not the one who has been kicked out of games, off boards, and is known for emo-meltdowns. I'm not the one dragging all the personal sh*t onto the thread. You're a spaz - everyone knows that. Don't know if it's insecurity or what, and don't really care, but it's annoying to put up with you constantly going out of bounds to make up for your lack of ability to figure things out. And this ain't the first time you've been told this. 

Like I said, do whatever you want, but you're too old to act like a brat anymore and the more you blather on and on about yourself and make up lies about other people, the less credibility you have with anything at all. Don't mistake pity for respect.

You absolutely said I was joking at the expense of the victim experience. I wouldn't have pointed out the difference then (and now) in what you were whining about. 

You want me to have been more offensive than I actually was, because it's close to home for you. I get that. Thing is, you're not doing anything constructive to help towards resolving the issue. The issue lies with you. It's not my baggage. I never joked about victims. If you had chosen to play the game, rather than go for immediate character assassination - which IS personal sh*t - then maybe I don't bring it up again. But let's be honest. You were dying to see if I would. 

We're all spazzes, that's what makes teh mafia goodness fun. Stop ruining the fun, DPR.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just re-read everything since my reveal, and here's what I got:

• Questioned my reveal (in order of most suspicious of it):   Smash, Nolder, Ballin, Crusher, JC, Hess, Leelou
  • Posted in thread but didn't bother to question reveal:  DPR, Verbal, Nyn
  • On Ignore, unknown:  Ape

Vote Verbal

Amending the above:

• Questioned my reveal (in order of most suspicious of it):   Smash, Nolder, Ballin, Crusher, JC, DPR, Hess, Leelou
  • Posted in thread but didn't bother to question reveal:  Verbal, Nyn

Note:  Nyn either played dumb by claiming to not know if I revealed OR she legitimately didn't know.  Not sure if this excercise will end up proving entirely fruitful but if Verbal flips scum I'll be very pleased with the result. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Very sorry to hear this Crush.  The game will be waiting for you whenever you are ready.  If it's a helpful distraction, that is!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

So sorry to hear that.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Amending the above:

• Questioned my reveal (in order of most suspicious of it):   Smash, Nolder, Ballin, Crusher, JC, DPR, Hess, Leelou
  • Posted in thread but didn't bother to question reveal:  Verbal, Nyn

Note:  Nyn either played dumb by claiming to not know if I revealed OR she legitimately didn't know.  Not sure if this excercise will end up proving entirely fruitful but if Verbal flips scum I'll be very pleased with the result. 

I personally waited to here about the "girl" semantics of your reveal, then lobbied to leave you alive for future vetting. I also just didn't see your reveal post until Smash or JC bumped it for me, cannot remember who.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

You absolutely said I was joking at the expense of the victim experience. I wouldn't have pointed out the difference then (and now) in what you were whining about. 

You want me to have been more offensive than I actually was, because it's close to home for you. I get that. Thing is, you're not doing anything constructive to help towards resolving the issue. The issue lies with you. It's not my baggage. I never joked about victims. If you had chosen to play the game, rather than go for immediate character assassination - which IS personal sh*t - then maybe I don't bring it up again. But let's be honest. You were dying to see if I would. 

We're all spazzes, that's what makes teh mafia goodness fun. Stop ruining the fun, DPR.

Proof to my point:

You chose to pick a random personal insult to sling at me in a previous game. 

I pm'd you - said it was close to home. It had nothing to do with the game and there were plenty of insults that were fine. Just me asking you for a favor.

You refused. You took that opportunity to double down on it. 

You've chosen to bring it up again this game - I didn't bring it up.

You use it because you know it bothers me - because I've suffered it - and you know this because I told you that. 

But you choose to keep bringing it up and even compound it by making up lies. 

Your intent is way the **** out of bounds to the game - none of this has anything to do with the game, or fun. 

This is just you finding a point to needle someone over on the internet like a complete ******* disgrace. 

Deal with your own issues a$$hole - there are plenty to choose from. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, D P R said:

Proof to my point:

You chose to pick a random personal insult to sling at me in a previous game. 

I pm'd you - said it was close to home. It had nothing to do with the game and there were plenty of insults that were fine. Just me asking you for a favor.

You refused. You took that opportunity to double down on it. 

You've chosen to bring it up again this game - I didn't bring it up.

You use it because you know it bothers me - because I've suffered it - and you know this because I told you that. 

But you choose to keep bringing it up and even compound it by making up lies. 

Your intent is way the **** out of bounds to the game - none of this has anything to do with the game, or fun. 

This is just you finding a point to needle someone over on the internet like a complete ******* disgrace. 

Deal with your own issues a$$hole - there are plenty to choose from. 

Yes, I said you were like a creep with a bowl of candy in a van. In that thread, you said that the "devastation to the victims" wasn't something I should joke about. I agreed. I would never joke about the victims. I replied I was NOT joking about the victims. Only using the creepy guy metaphor to make a crack. You said I was a dick. You also never said it was you specifically, you just said "you never know who the victims could be". I didn't, honestly, think you were talking about yourself. 

I know how the exchange took place. There's no magical veneer of delusion here, nor am I lying. I like you DPR, I think you're a good guy who clearly has had something horrible happen to him. I didn't bring it back up here out of total maliciousness, I truly thought with how nasty you were being, that it wouldn't be a big deal. Like we could kind of look back and laugh at it, then move on. I was wrong. At first, I couldn't tell if you were being serious with some of your replies here - given how laced with character assassination they were. Hell, you could still be laying it on thick because you're scum. I dunno. Either way, it has escalated to the point of ruining the game. I don't want to ruin the game. I'm sure you don't either.

Let's just do this... I am not a victim and I should have more empathy for the victim point of view. I can accept that the semantics are irrelevant, and can see how it would be offensive or troubling to you as a victim. I'm sorry I went back to the joke. I misread the situation, and going forward I'll constrain my remarks to you to being game-specific. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I see no ruined game here. 

I would like to confront my greatest fear though. Where is that dickhead Zander

I appreciate you saying so, but this is obviously something that cannot and should not continue. 

28 minutes ago, D P R said:

I missed that you said it earlier. Been distracted. By design.

General Mafia question:  Is it blanket scummy to call for consolidation leading up to a deadline?  Why does a statement like that trigger FOS so easily now?

Not just asking you, asking the game at large. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

General Mafia question:  Is it blanket scummy to call for consolidation leading up to a deadline?  Why does a statement like that trigger FOS so easily now?

Because consolidation doesn't necessarily = voting for FOS/scum.

Consolidation = move your vote off of the person you think is scum, and onto an established train. 

The real call to action should be to get everyone to list a top 3, and make a commitment to working towards a lynch - to avoid mislynch. This requires more organization and participation, but I think it's a situation that is less likely to be manipulated by scum as townies scramble on to trains.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, I said you were like a creep with a bowl of candy in a van. In that thread, you said that the "devastation to the victims" wasn't something I should joke about. I agreed. I would never joke about the victims. I replied I was NOT joking about the victims. Only using the creepy guy metaphor to make a crack. You said I was a dick. You also never said it was you specifically, you just said "you never know who the victims could be". I didn't, honestly, think you were talking about yourself. 

I know how the exchange took place. There's no magical veneer of delusion here, nor am I lying. I like you DPR, I think you're a good guy who clearly has had something horrible happen to him. I didn't bring it back up here out of total maliciousness, I truly thought with how nasty you were being, that it wouldn't be a big deal. Like we could kind of look back and laugh at it, then move on. I was wrong. At first, I couldn't tell if you were being serious with some of your replies here - given how laced with character assassination they were. Hell, you could still be laying it on thick because you're scum. I dunno. Either way, it has escalated to the point of ruining the game. I don't want to ruin the game. I'm sure you don't either.

Let's just do this... I am not a victim and I should have more empathy for the victim point of view. I can accept that the semantics are irrelevant, and can see how it would be offensive or troubling to you as a victim. I'm sorry I went back to the joke. I misread the situation, and going forward I'll constrain my remarks to you to being game-specific. 

Problem solved.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I appreciate you saying so, but this is obviously something that cannot and should not continue. 

Whatever you two are fighting about, I get that it's serious, but nobody else has a clue what it's about. I tried to look back but it's obviously an inside situation between that you'll have to work through. As an outsider to the dillema it's had no impact on me other than that I feel for whatever Dpr is upset about as it's obv something real and serious for him. You push people but that's just you. Dpr is gonna have to get past t and should try not taking offense as it's doubtful you ever actually have real intent to hurt anyway for real. Etc something like that 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The general idea is that mafia would rush the vote because it was going in a direction they wanted it to and they push to keep the momentum in that direction. It's also sketchy to imply that anyone should be in a hurry when you still have a day. 

Consolidation happens regardless, so no real need to call for it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Whatever you two are fighting about, I get that it's serious, but nobody else has a clue what it's about. I tried to look back but it's obviously an inside situation between that you'll have to work through. As an outsider to the dillema it's had no impact on me other than that I feel for whatever Dpr is upset about as it's obv something real and serious for him. You push people but that's just you. Dpr is gonna have to get past t and should try not taking offense as it's doubtful you ever actually have real intent to hurt anyway for real. Etc something like that 

I think we've moved past it now. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

The general idea is that mafia would rush the vote because it was going in a direction they wanted it to and they push to keep the momentum in that direction. It's also sketchy to imply that anyone should be in a hurry when you still have a day. 

Consolidation happens regardless, so no real need to call for it. 

Not really