Interesting Philosophy from Maligned GM

#27TheDominator

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beerfish said:

I've said it many times before, as a gm and or coach or organization you build up good will capital by having some success, you lose it when you have failures.  Guys like Bellichcik seem to never make an error because he has bulit up so much good will with fans and media.  the jets have had small one or two year spurts of semi success followed by years of mediocre to crap play. thus they get taken to task.

The worst thing of all?  The fans of this team have been right about things more often than the people who riu the team on any fronts over the years and when the dumbass fans are smarter than the guys running teams you have a problem.

So why hasn’t Macc been really taken to task?

why has Bowles done and not Macc. The reason has to be that he has done enough good things to avoid the axe.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I should say, it isn't the philosophy which was so interesting.  The philosophy is pretty obvious.  It is the statement of the philosophy and the listing of the positions - none of which the Jets have filled by the way.  I think LT is the only one where we even have a player under contract for 2018.

I like their receiving core. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

ALthough to be fair, fans and media supported both signings. So to go back on those would be hypocrisy. Which is why it isnt done.

Same thing with drafting Watson. Only one beat writer has brought it up to my knowledge. Because the others didnt want to draft Watson or respected the scouting that other teams had

Only one beat writer?  There were around 20 people here alone. 

Cimini seemed to like the Adams choice.  It was a very good pick by the Jets, but they will be second-guessed for eternity if Watson becomes a championship-caliber quarterback for the Houston Texans, who traded up to take him six picks later.

CBS? Silverman: It’s Time For The Jets To Be Bold And Draft Watson

The Jets Press, to be fair just a fan blog: Jets must select Deshaun Watson in 2017 NFL Draft

NJ.com?  Jets shouldn't be worried about Deshaun Watson's interceptions, says Jon Gruden

The Sporting News?  http://NFL Draft: Jets set up to eye Deshaun Watson at No. 6

To be fair, that is only on the first page of google.  To be fair. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

he probably wouldn't be playing this year for the jets anyway.  

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

First off, most of those are pre draft predictions so I have no idea when those mocks were made

As for Cimini, you are absolutely right. The problem is that Watson has not done that yet. His team is 3-4, his coach won’t trust him with the ball to close a game.

you guys are correct but you’re jumping the gun

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

First off, most of those are pre draft predictions so I have no idea when those mocks were made

As for Cimini, you are absolutely right. The problem is that Watson has not done that yet. His team is 3-4, his coach won’t trust him with the ball to close a game.

When your hero drafts a mediocre CB over Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen I will say I told you so

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

If Macc:

A: does not draft a QB or sign a QB in FA

B: Extend Josh mcCown 3 years

i will lead him to the firing squad myself

If we go offense somehow in round 1 we are drafting Saquon Barkley over 3-4 good qb prospects why?  

It’s the Macagnan way

TBF Jared Goff sat for 12 weeks last year and he was the top pick

Macagnan is an idiot.  We’re not getting a top 2 pick so forget Darnold and Rosen the problem is that’s all the excuse Mac needs to draft another Safety

Just now, Philc1 said:

Macagnan is an idiot.  We’re not getting a top 2 pick so forget Darnold and Rosen the problem is that’s all the excuse Mac needs to draft another Safety

actually they're drafting a LT in the first round, cb with their own 2nd round pick, and afterthought 2nd rate qb with the seahawks' 2nd round pick.  that way bowles can justify never playing him.  again.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

actually they're drafting a LT in the first round, cb with their own 2nd round pick, and afterthought 2nd rate qb with the seahawks' 2nd round pick.  that way bowles can justify never playing him.  again.

What do you think about Brian Hoyer?  We’re not supposed to compete again until 2031 so who cares?

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Clearly 3-4 DE and Strong Safety are where Super Bowls are won in today’s NFL

Correction: a fourth 3-4 DE. At the time we drafted Leo, the Jets already had Mo, Coples, and Sheldon. Before anyone snickers at Coples, Macc liked him enough at the time to exercise his 5th year option at $7m. So he certainly thought he had a starter in Coples as well. 

Four. A team needs four 3-4 DEs. Because our line isn't a line. It's a square.

Hahahahahaha!  

First off, you said that nobody is second guessing passing on Watson because "that would be hypocrisy" since they were all so happy with the Adams pick.  I showed they were saying we should have picked Watson before the ******* draft.  Who gives a flying **** when "those mocks were made?"  I'm sure it was well after Adams completed his scintillating mid-pack performance in all the workouts.  PS: They weren't mocks, they were articles. You can read the date on each.

As for Cimini, I am not right or wrong.  Those are his words, not mine. What hasn't Watson done?  Won a championship?  How did I know that you would point that out?  He has not lost a championship either.  He doesn't even have to get better, just play like this and Jets fans will be banging their heads against the wall for another decade.  As for not being trusted with the ball to close a game, I honestly do not understand what kind of mushrooms you ate.

Glad you realize we are correct.  Next time we will try to wait until the proper time to be correct. It is so annoying being right ahead of time.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Correction: a fourth 3-4 DE. At the time we drafted Leo, the Jets already had Mo, Coples, and Sheldon. Before anyone snickers at Coples, Macc liked him enough at the time to exercise his 5th year option at $7m. So he certainly thought he had a starter in Coples as well. 

Four. A team needs four 3-4 DEs. Because our line isn't a line. It's a square.

I shall ask you then. Why did this website give him a B grade?

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

ALthough to be fair, fans and media supported both signings. So to go back on those would be hypocrisy. Which is why it isnt done.

Same thing with drafting Watson. Only one beat writer has brought it up to my knowledge. Because the others didnt want to draft Watson or respected the scouting that other teams had

There were a LOT of Jets fans on these boards not in lock step with resigning Revis & many more didn't want to resign Wilkerson to a huge contract.

Archived