So when do Hack and Petty get cut?

Philc1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why are we still bothering with Hack?  Why?

In the game thread there's people who still declare faith in Hack. Makes me realize a lot of "fans" just don't understand football & athletics in general.

And probably the Jets' idiot GM as well.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Why are we still bothering with Hack?  Why?

I think they like the guy.  2 years invested.  Why waste it?

I'd imagine they still see Hack as a potential starter.  Let's say in 2018, the rookie gets hurt for a game or two.  In that case play Mccown (or other random vet).  But if the rookie QB gets seriously injured, play Hack in hopes he takes over.

He's the young project with tons of potential.  No need for a 3rd string mediocre backup.

1.  Starting potential franchise guy

2.  Vet backup to help youngin's and be ready when needed

3.  Potential

3 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

In the game thread there's people who still declare faith in Hack. Makes me realize a lot of "fans" just don't understand football & athletics in general.

And probably the Jets' idiot GM as well.

Hack doesn’t belong on an nfl roster.  This is not even a debate

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I think they like the guy.  2 years invested.  Why waste it?

I'd imagine they still see Hack as a potential starter.  Let's say in 2018, the rookie gets hurt for a game or two.  In that case play Mccown (or other random vet).  But if the rookie QB gets seriously injured, play Hack in hopes he takes over.

He's the young project with tons of potential.  No need for a 3rd string mediocre backup.

1.  Starting potential franchise guy

2.  Vet backup to help youngin's and be ready when needed

3.  Potential

With that logic Kyle Wilson should still be our nickel corner

18 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Both are under contract. Shouldn' there be a replacement before cutting them?

Normally I'd say yes but you could replace Hackenberg with me at this point and the results are the same. We're both so sh*tty we couldn't get in for a single series on a day like today

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Figure of speech.  I just can’t see how anyone can still make the argument “well we still haven’t seen Hack play yet”

I don't think Hack belongs on an NFL roster at this point. If he couldn't beat out Petty, it is tough to say he has potential.

I think Bowles did Macc a favor but not playing Hack. Exposing both Petty and Hack this year would make Macc look even worse.

But I still respect people's rights to debate stuff.  :)

Archived