80's Engagement Mafia - Day 3 (Game Over)

Nolder

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also, scum wouldn't want their partner to get lynched, because they'd die too. 

We'd learn something about the respective behaviors if we know who is paired up with who.  

thats true for everyone though.. lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would the cop get outed?  We'd only be revealing who our lovers are, not roles.  

It would box in scum, because they'd have to reveal which townie they're paired up with, and everyone in the game could work towards not only scum-hunting in the game thread, but also providing info in the "lover chats".  Suspicious behavior, etc.  Isn't more info better for town?

Cop outed through normal game play.

I don't understand how you are boxing them in, example?

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone up for a mass claim of lovers?  

@Nolder would this be allowed?

Can't see any downside to it if it's allowed.  Scum already knows who their side is matched up with lover-wise.  

No.

11 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

And im debating if 80 should hang just for throwing the suggestion in the first place.

Agreed. I don't like the suggestion at all, and I know exactly why.

2 hours ago, AVM said:

What precludes two scum from being lovers? Or having some sort of death mitigation PR?

That would be silly.  They're already scum.  No need to have a lover at all in that case. 

The latter part is certainly possible, but right now we're in the dark.  Hence why I'm attempting to level the scales as far as information goes.  

Also, scum wouldn't want their partner to get lynched, because they'd die too. 

We'd learn something about the respective behaviors if we know who is paired up with who.  

I still don't agree with your plan, but this brings up a really good point.

Any townies that are paired with scum will be the last townies to die, so we need to pay attention to anyone who looks super-townie, but is still alive as the game progresses, because they may still be alive for a reason.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That would be silly.  They're already scum.  No need to have a lover at all in that case. 

The latter part is certainly possible, but right now we're in the dark.  Hence why I'm attempting to level the scales as far as information goes.  

Why not let the game play out before laying all the cards on the table? IDK maybe there are mechanics in the game that level the scales that the scum doesn't know about.  Maybe there is a way that revealing the lovers could potentially be counterproductive and actually tilt the scale more heavily in scums favor?  

This seems unnecessary at this stage nd it's one thing to just start some conversation and get some action, which worked.  It's another to double down and act like there is no down side to the idea.  It's kind of like the Jets drafted another S at #6 in this years draft. 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I still don't agree with your plan, but this brings up a really good point.

Any townies that are paired with scum will be the last townies to die, so we need to pay attention to anyone who looks super-townie, but is still alive as the game progresses, because they may still be alive for a reason.

Scum who are paired with townies will likely be active and helpful in the QT's too.  A townie would generally be more than willing to die if it meant their scum lover died too in a 1:1 transaction.  So scum will need to be careful in their QT's and not raise suspicion.  

In essence, there's incentive to make good use of your QT.  If you're both townies, you're mason partners whose survival depends on each other.  If it's scum/town, town needs to scumhunt their lover, while the scum player needs to participate.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Scum who are paired with townies will likely be active and helpful in the QT's too.  A townie would generally be more than willing to die if it meant their scum lover died too in a 1:1 transaction.  So scum will need to be careful in their QT's and not raise suspicion.  

In essence, there's incentive to make good use of your QT.  If you're both townies, you're mason partners whose survival depends on each other.  If it's scum/town, town needs to scumhunt their lover, while the scum player needs to participate.  

Yeah, as it stands now, it's actually a bit harder for scum to hide than normal, both in the game thread and in their Lover QT. But we should not reveal our lovers unless you believe that your lover is Scum.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why not let the game play out before laying all the cards on the table? IDK maybe there are mechanics in the game that level the scales that the scum doesn't know about.  Maybe there is a way that revealing the lovers could potentially be counterproductive and actually tilt the scale more heavily in scums favor?  

This seems unnecessary at this stage nd it's one thing to just start some conversation and get some action, which worked.  It's another to double down and act like there is no down side to the idea.  It's kind of like the Jets drafted another S at #6 in this years draft. 

I get it.  Consider the subject dropped.  I'm gonna make use of my QT and start working with my lover.  Even if he/she is friend-zoning me.  

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

How?

It's simple. There's absolutely no reason whatsover to let them know who dies along with who. Furthermore they are liable to avoid shooting someone who's lover died cause they know they're basically dead...and I don't know about you but im not in the business of giving scum freebees. Are you?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I like this post. I couldn’t figure out why I hated this discussion but this post sums it up nicely. 

Archived