80's Engagement Mafia - Day 3 (Game Over)

Nolder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

It's simple. There's absolutely no reason whatsover to let them know who dies along with who. Furthermore they are liable to avoid shooting someone who's lover died cause they know they're basically dead...and I don't know about you but im not in the business of giving scum freebees. Are you?

Exactly.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Scum already has a QT.  Why would 2 scums share an additional QT?

Read the bold, dippy.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:36 PM, Nolder said:

1) Everyone will have a Lover. Your Lover is not guaranteed to be the same alignment as you. You may use any power you have on your Lover and you may try to get your Lover killed or Lynched, if you want.

2) Everyone will have a Lover QT in addition to any other QTs your role may permit. Do NOT share from your Lover QT ever, even with your Lovers permission. They will be released at the end of the game.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Read the bold, dippy.

I get it.  But my point is that it would stupid for a Scum-Scum QT.  Just because the rules say that MIGHT happen doesn't tell me anything.  With scum already having a scum QT, having 2 scums be paired off makes zero sense.

Unless someone can provide a compelling reason why that would take place, it only makes sense for the Lover QT's to be Town-Town or Town-Scum. 

Or, perhaps, Town-3rd Party or Scum-3rd Party.  Scum-Scum?  Nah.  Not buying that.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get it.  But my point is that it would stupid for a Scum-Scum QT.  Just because the rules say that MIGHT happen doesn't tell me anything.  With scum already having a scum QT, having 2 scums be paired off makes zero sense.

Unless someone can provide a compelling reason why that would take place, it only makes sense for the Lover QT's to be Town-Town or Town-Scum. 

Or, perhaps, Town-3rd Party or Scum-3rd Party.  Scum-Scum?  Nah.  Not buying that.  

The reason scum-scum lovers makes less sense has nothing to do with them already having a qt and everything to do with it making the game close to unwinnable for them seeing as we'd be nabbing two scum at the price of one. Possible I guess but less likely.

You're all over the place. And i cant quite buy it.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

The reason scum-scum lovers makes less sense has nothing to do with them already having a qt and everything to do with it making the game close to unwinnable for them seeing as we'd be nabbing two scum at the price of one. Possible I guess but less likely.

Thank you.  This post was helpful.  

29 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

It's simple. There's absolutely no reason whatsover to let them know who dies along with who. Furthermore they are liable to avoid shooting someone who's lover died cause they know they're basically dead...and I don't know about you but im not in the business of giving scum freebees. Are you?

I give freebees for food.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You really think there's gonna be an equal team of 3rd party to Scum? Really?

It would be insane to only pair Scum lovers, as that could, theoretically, double the rate that town could kill Scum which would be wholly unbalanced.

What would the point in having Lovers QT be i, every one was essentially a mason team. Way too OP for Town.

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

^^Beat me to it.

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have no right to argue this, but I'd say Danica is a HUGE step down from Olivia Munn.  

you are definitely a virgin.....shes better looking and knows YOGA dude!!

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I was hoping to have @Arsis as my lover. Noderp.

Threesome?

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would the cop get outed?  We'd only be revealing who our lovers are, not roles.  

It would box in scum, because they'd have to reveal which townie they're paired up with, and everyone in the game could work towards not only scum-hunting in the game thread, but also providing info in the "lover chats".  Suspicious behavior, etc.  Isn't more info better for town?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Scum who are paired with townies will likely be active and helpful in the QT's too.  A townie would generally be more than willing to die if it meant their scum lover died too in a 1:1 transaction.  So scum will need to be careful in their QT's and not raise suspicion.  

In essence, there's incentive to make good use of your QT.  If you're both townies, you're mason partners whose survival depends on each other.  If it's scum/town, town needs to scumhunt their lover, while the scum player needs to participate.  

are these two posts too stupid to be scum??

80 masons KNOW each other are town   only way that happens is if a pair BOTH get copped and are still alive.

39 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Dice why so quiet?

migraine for 2 days

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

What if you put toilet paper down first? 

true story.

theres a guy comes into the office across the way from time to time.

he goes to the toilet

he puts toilet paper all over the seat

he puts toilet paper all over UNDER the seat

he then SQUATS on top of the seat.

how do I know this?? cause he LEAVES THE PAPER THERE AND IVE SEEN THE FOOTPRINTS!!

who DOES that?? I mean UNDER the seat???

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I was saying if it turns out you're both town, you'll be OPERATING like you're Masons working together, even if you don't know for sure the other is town.  It makes the pairings potentially valuable.  

I know what ure saying hence me pointing out they are completely different.

and how will you KNOW ure both town 80? hmm??

15 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

and how will you KNOW ure both town 80? hmm??

You won't.  But if you scumhunt your lover effectively hopefully that will be a conclusion you can come to eventually. 

The later you're both alive late into the game, the more likely that your lover is scum.  So getting your lover to participate can prove fruitful (reads lists and whatnot).

30 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

you are definitely a virgin.....shes better looking and knows YOGA dude!!

Threesome?

are these two posts too stupid to be scum??

80 masons KNOW each other are town   only way that happens is if a pair BOTH get copped and are still alive.

migraine for 2 days

true story.

theres a guy comes into the office across the way from time to time.

he goes to the toilet

he puts toilet paper all over the seat

he puts toilet paper all over UNDER the seat

he then SQUATS on top of the seat.

how do I know this?? cause he LEAVES THE PAPER THERE AND IVE SEEN THE FOOTPRINTS!!

who DOES that?? I mean UNDER the seat???

Sounds like a toilet clog waiting to happen.

Archived