80's Engagement Mafia - Day 3 (Game Over)

Nolder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CTM said:

I'll all but mod confirmed townie at this point

To be clear, you're saying you think this makes him pretty solid town to you correct? 

5 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

And im debating if 80 should hang just for throwing the suggestion in the first place.

This line of thought ous a good look for Nyn. I'd put her in my likely town list. 

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone up for a mass claim of lovers?  

@Nolder would this be allowed?

Can't see any downside to it if it's allowed.  Scum already knows who their side is matched up with lover-wise.  

Can someone send a link to description of how this all works? I didnt read the sign up thread

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

Can someone send a link to description of how this all works? I didnt read the sign up thread

Rules

1) Everyone will have a Lover. Your Lover is not guaranteed to be the same alignment as you. You may use any power you have on your Lover and you may try to get your Lover killed or Lynched, if you want.

2) Everyone will have a Lover QT in addition to any other QTs your role may permit. Do NOT share from your Lover QT ever, even with your Lovers permission. They will be released at the end of the game.

3) This will be a regular mafia game. No cults or anything cute like that.

4) I am leaning towards a Deadline style game but consider this TBD. If you have an opinion on Deadline or Hammer (or Hybrid) comment below.

5) You may vote for No  Lynch and you may self vote.

Can't see any downside to it if it's allowed.  Scum already knows who their side is matched up with lover-wise.  

Umm well it is allowed to claim your Lover.

I guess that's up to you guys.

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Rules

1) Everyone will have a Lover. Your Lover is not guaranteed to be the same alignment as you. You may use any power you have on your Lover and you may try to get your Lover killed or Lynched, if you want.

2) Everyone will have a Lover QT in addition to any other QTs your role may permit. Do NOT share from your Lover QT ever, even with your Lovers permission. They will be released at the end of the game.

3) This will be a regular mafia game. No cults or anything cute like that.

4) I am leaning towards a Deadline style game but consider this TBD. If you have an opinion on Deadline or Hammer (or Hybrid) comment below.

5) You may vote for No  Lynch and you may self vote.

The rules in this OP are more complete just FYI

Not a great idea, Nyn's over reaction was more noteworthy.. you are just being dumb as usual

Scum already knows anyone they'd kill would take out 2 players.  They also already know which townies they're partnered with and thus who NOT to kill.  They have the information advantage.  My suggestion is an attempt to level the playing field.  

80's dumb blah blah blah.  This game was in the dead zone for like 7 hours so f*ck me for trying eh?

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Scum already knows anyone they'd kill would take out 2 players.  They also already know which townies they're partnered with and thus who NOT to kill.  They have the information advantage.  My suggestion is an attempt to level the playing field.  

80's dumb blah blah blah.  This game was in the dead zone for like 7 hours so f*ck me for trying eh?

Be kinda silly to fuck you now after all that waiting with the date already on the calender. No? Yes but they don't know who is with who.  Thats what they don;t know. How valuable is that? Not sure. But that's what they don;t know.

Im happy just to be hanging out with you guys and to be social. Nobody expected this game to be a hot bed of activity. You can relate to that right?

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Example, cop is outed and will get doc protection. If lover is exposed, scum can kill lover to kill cop.

What information does town get with the reveal, we know who lovers are, but it speaks 0 to thier alignment so what is the point?

Just now, CTM said:

Example, cop is outed and will get doc protection. If lover is exposed, scum can kill lover to kill cop.

What information does town get with the reveal, we know who lovers are, but it speaks 0 to thier alignment so what is the point?

Why would the cop get outed?  We'd only be revealing who our lovers are, not roles.  

It would box in scum, because they'd have to reveal which townie they're paired up with, and everyone in the game could work towards not only scum-hunting in the game thread, but also providing info in the "lover chats".  Suspicious behavior, etc.  Isn't more info better for town?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Explain?

Image result for seagull brain

Actual x-ray of a seachicken -- not sure I can ever trust you again.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What precludes two scum from being lovers? Or having some sort of death mitigation PR?

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would the cop get outed?  We'd only be revealing who our lovers are, not roles.  

It would box in scum, because they'd have to reveal which townie they're paired up with, and everyone in the game could work towards not only scum-hunting in the game thread, but also providing info in the "lover chats".  Suspicious behavior, etc.  Isn't more info better for town?

I would think he's saying when/if the cop or doc get outted - which typically happens, as we have (or at least had) a tendency to run folks up to a reveal.

Archived