Jets resign Claiborne - 1 yr 7 million

Patriot Killa

9 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

I so agree with this.  It never happens the way people project it to.  That's why Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams falls into our laps in consecutive years.  I'm excited to see who it'll be this time around.

Unfortunately both Adams and Williams are defensive players and more likely to drop than a QB. If I read the tea leaves correctly the Browns have stopped trying to fool people with fancy moves and are showing their hand. They just signed an expensive RB so Barkley doesnt go to them at 1 or 4. They have Tyrod Taylor on a short deal so QB is one of those picks. I think they sell the #1 to the highest bidder and pick their QB at 4. The Bills also have Mccarron on a short 2 year deal hence they still need a long term solution and are still looking for a QB. I believe they have the capital to move to the indy spot at 3. I think despite the rumors the Jints are picking a qb at 2. They know Eli was a bum in his prime but at the end of his career. A QB like Allen with a strong arm can play in the northeast. He will need a little time so this give then a perfect window to ease Eli out and even the fans will be calling for Allen after watching another year of Eli. They tried to bench him before and there was a damn near revolt. If they have a #1 pick QB on the bench that roar will be a lot less. Denver signed Keenum to a 2 year deal, so they still need a QB, the Allen scenario still fits but I dont think they can get there without selling the farm. Elway already got burned on both his long term deal to Osweiller and his 1st rd pick Lynch. So a shorter deal give him a quick out so and he can pick another one in the next 2 years if necessary that will take the sting out of the Lynch pick a little for the fans. 

So

1. QB- Rosen (Trade via Browns) Jets

2. QB- Allen/Jints- wont trade to the Jets and need a QB desperately. 

3. QB- Mayfield/(Trade w/Indy) Bills

4. QB- Darnold/Browns- They will NOT trade this pick because they still need a long term QB

5. RB- Barkley/Denver- not enough trade capital, they will wait a year

6.DE/LB- Chubb/ Browns (Trade with Jets)  

Believe it or not this is the year of picking QB's, just look at the moves of these teams. You never thought you would see a fully guaranteed contract either but you just did. 

Sorry for the hijack fellas...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’d confidently tattoo this on my neck right now:

1. Browns: Allen

2. Giants: Rosen

3. Bills: Darnold

4. Broncos (trade): Mayfield

5. Browns: Saquon

6. Jets: TEARS OF A MOTHERFUCHING CLOWN BRO

I think Allen is the one that drops personally. But in any case, i think there are a bunch of scenarios where we can be losers if we don't move. The Bills or Broncos are probably going to make this expensive for us. 

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I think Allen is the one that drops personally. But in any case, i think there are a bunch of scenarios where we can be losers if we don't move. The Bills or Broncos are probably going to make this expensive for us. 

If we were just going off of the predictive science of it all, Allen drops, but we’ve got a minimum of two GMs picking in front of us who are math-averse anti-intellectuals in Elway and John Dorsey. Allen’s Pro Day is next week, and I’m sure he’ll throw a lot of footballs into a lot of garbage cans from 100 yards out, and that’ll initiate a football-bro narrative frenzy the likes of which we haven’t seen since Jamarcus Russell.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If we were just going off of the predictive science of it all, Allen drops, but we’ve got a minimum of two GMs picking in front of us who are math-averse anti-intellectuals in Elway and John Dorsey. Allen’s Pro Day is next week, and I’m sure he’ll throw a lot of footballs into a lot of garbage cans from 100 yards out, and that’ll initiate a football-bro narrative frenzy the likes of which we haven’t seen since Jamarcus Russell.

Every time I see this kid this is the first name I think of...not sure why.

44 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Our defense looks set, minus an edge rusher.  Mac can load up on offense at the top of this draft. 

Just to be on the safe side, someone needs to lock Bowles in a closet during the draft.

That shouldn’t even be taken as a joke. Mac better double up on security if Mac’s first 3 draft picks are actually offense ha

Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini 2m2 

More

Breakdown of Mo Claiborne’s one year, $7M contract: A $3M signing bonus + $3.85M base salary (fully guaranteed) + 150K roster bonus ($9,375 per game on 46). Cap charge: $6.99M. #Jets

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini 2m2 

More

Breakdown of Mo Claiborne’s one year, $7M contract: A $3M signing bonus + $3.85M base salary (fully guaranteed) + 150K roster bonus ($9,375 per game on 46). Cap charge: $6.99M. #Jets

While it's obviously not a significant amount, interesting to see they made a point of saving money if (when) Mo gets hurt.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This makes Allen a must-have for the Jets. They do a lot of these contests during halftime. He can do that during his redshirt year.

19 hours ago, JiF said:

Glad they brought him back.  He was solid last season.

With Mo back and Johnson signed - I'd considering letting Skrine play out his contract.  He was playing really well toward the end of the season.  I'd also look at someone like Duke Dawson in the draft to be your future slot guy.  Throw in the Safeties...it's possible the Jets dont have one of the worst secondaries in the league next season.

Bring back Skrine? Why must you hurt me?

Archived