Jets resign Claiborne - 1 yr 7 million

Patriot Killa

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You have to get a QB in round 1 this year. They can't do anything else.

I hope someone is there at 6. More and more draft gurus are saying the top 4 won't be there. Scary thought.

They always say all the qbs will go 1st. They never do. Especially with so many quality ones this yr. Chubb may go 1, Barkley could go 2. Lot of the draft guru’s thought Adams would surely be gone before 6. I bet Bowles asked Mac to move up to get him ha. With all the qbs flying around, Foles still being available, I don’t think teams are going to be jumping up. Nobody can even agree on what order these 4 will go.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You have to get a QB in round 1 this year. They can't do anything else.

I hope someone is there at 6. More and more draft gurus are saying the top 4 won't be there. Scary thought.

I try to imagine so many different draft scenarios based off of the signings but it's a complete crap shoot.  I just find it hard to believe that 4 QBs go in the top 6.  One of these top 5 teams are going to want to add Barkley (Giants), one of these teams aren't going to be able to pass on Chubb (Colts), and one of these teams who signed a QB (Browns, Broncos) or have one who they feel they can win with (Giants) are going to draft either Barkley or Nelson in an attempt to help this said QB out.

As of now I think it goes Cleveland - Darnold / NYG - Barkley / Ind - Chubb / Buff/Mia (trade) - Rosen/Mayfield / Denver - Nelson / NYJ - Rosen/Mayfield.

I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo trades up with either Indy/Clev/Den for Josh Allen.  That'll give us even more of a chance of landing either Mayfield/Darnold/Rosen.  I just think patience pays off in this draft to where we can land our Franchise QB while retaining our two 2nd round picks along with the rest of them.

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They always say all the qbs will go 1st. They never do. Especially with so many quality ones this yr. Chubb may go 1, Barkley could go 2. Lot of the draft guru’s thought Adams would surely be gone before 6. I bet Bowles asked Mac to move up to get him ha. With all the qbs flying around, Foles still being available, I don’t think teams are going to be jumping up. Nobody can even agree on what order these 4 will go.

I so agree with this.  It never happens the way people project it to.  That's why Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams falls into our laps in consecutive years.  I'm excited to see who it'll be this time around.

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If the Jets trade their # 1 pick for Nick Foles I am shutting the site down for a week.

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This.

Think about what’s best for the site, Max. Josh Allen and three more years of Bowles gets you maybe a quarter of the pageviews that a ****GLOOOORIIUSSSSSS****** Minkah Fitzpatrick pick and the resulting immediate Maccagnan firing gets you. Keep your eyes on the prize, Max. 

Eyes. Prize.

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Think about what’s best for the site, Max. Josh Allen and three more years of Bowles gets you maybe a quarter of the pageviews that a ****GLOOOORIIUSSSSSS****** Minkah Fitzpatrick pick and the resulting immediate Maccagnan firing gets you. Keep your eyes on the prize, Max. 

Eyes. Prize.

Honey badger + Minkah would open an unstable dimensional rift that would collapse after two units of Planck time, compressing the universe to the size of a proton.

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Honey badger + Minkah would open an unstable dimensional rift that would collapse after two units of Planck time, compressing the universe to the size of a proton.

A proton that will produce fifty million megabytes of web content, baby

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

If the Jets trade their # 1 pick for Nick Foles I am shutting the site down for a week.

Lol. And I stop being a jet fan ha. Eagles will be lucky to get a 2nd for Foles. And that won’t be us I would hope. I’m just saying maybe the bills give up 1 of those many early picks for him. Instead of trading a whole bunch of their picks to move all the way down from 21 to top 5.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nooooooooooo my Minka dreams have been compromised.

Actually I think this is he ultimate smokescreen to stop the Bills from trading ahead of us(everyone thinks Buffalo are after a QB but they are moving up for Fitzpatrick)so calm yourself, Minksh will still be a Jet!

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Really excited about this. Big upgrade taking your top corner and making him your # 2 corner. Secondary is going to be legit.

Going to have to be with no pass rush and linebackers that are liabilities in coverage. But yes, this deal is fine. 

9 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind going with Teddy/McCown/Hackenberg going into this season

I like to employ what I call "The Miami Dolphins Test." Namely, before advocating for something for the Jets, I ask myself, "If the Dolphins did this exact thing, would it worry me or make me laugh my nuts off?"

33 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, you're definitely batsh*t freakin' crazy.

That is likely crazy but I think it deserves some exploration.  

Did hack improve?  Can Teddy be the Qb?  If both are true, then that plan works.  I would rather to that than reach for Allen in the first or Falk in the second.  

Better plan is to get one of the top 3.

Unfortunately the Jets are about optics and politics, not football results.  If Mac tries to that plan and it backfires, he does not make it to Halloween.  If he trades his entire draft, if not a chunk of next years draft, to take Mayfield or Rosen, he is a hero while they sit on the bench while McCown plays.  Even if it does not work he gets a year or two at a job he never holds again.  The Colts are likely chuckling at the thought, although if Barkley is there they may take him.  They remember Marshall Faulk   

It does sound, from the various planted smoke signals, that Chris is on top of these conflicts.  The Jets need to have offers for 2,3 and 4 cues up.  It should be in excess of what the Eagles paid for Wentz.  That is the top bid. 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nooooooooooo my Minka dreams have been compromised.

My first reaction was sh*t...maybe they're taking a QB at #6.  And then I was excited.  And then I remembered who would be picking said QB and then thought about who would be coaching said QB and then thought about who would be available at #6 and my excitement turned to depression. 

Glad they brought him back.  He was solid last season.

With Mo back and Johnson signed - I'd considering letting Skrine play out his contract.  He was playing really well toward the end of the season.  I'd also look at someone like Duke Dawson in the draft to be your future slot guy.  Throw in the Safeties...it's possible the Jets dont have one of the worst secondaries in the league next season.

Just now, JiF said:

With Mo back and Johnson signed - I'd considering letting Skrine play out his contract.  He was playing really well toward the end of the season.  I'd also look at someone like Duke Dawson in the draft to be your future slot guy.  Throw in the Safeties...it's possible the Jets dont have one of the worst secondaries in the league next season.

So DB at 6 is dead?

13 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Wish it was longer than 1 year ... but it will be good for this year. And further points to us taking a QB in rnd 1 ... no Minka. 

So the worst we can do is take the RB or Gaurd ... the best we can do it take one of the top 3 QBs.

Or we could trade down and take Jackson.  He may not be a refined pocket guy but he might be the most exciting to watch of any of these guys.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So DB at 6 is dead?

You would think this signing coupled with the others, would indicate they're good in the secondary and they can go a different direction at #6.  That said, I think Big Mac is religious to his big board so if he sees Minkah as BAP at #6, dont be surprised if he still goes that direction.  Especially if the big 4 QB's are off the board which is entirely possible. 

Just now, JiF said:

You would think this signing coupled with the others, would indicate they're good in the secondary and they can go a different direction at #6.  That said, I think Big Mac is religious to his big board so if he sees Minkah as BAP at #6, dont be surprised if he still goes that direction.  Especially if the big 4 QB's are off the board which is entirely possible. 

The problem with that is that in that scenario, Chubb and/or Barkley would be availible.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem with that is that in that scenario, Chubb and/or Barkley would be availible.

Not necessarily...5 teams draft before the Jets. 1 of them could be off the board.  Besides, I have a hard time seeing Mac spending the 6th overall pick on a WR posing as a RB.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed about Skrine.  It's obviously without question that he's a goner if they get Mathieu, but otherwise Skrine isn't going anywhere and in truth, it's probably the right call.  Like you said, he played really well to close out the year, and it was a warning to everyone that it all but guaranteed he would be sticking around.  While many fans can quickly forget about that because of overall dislike of the guy (at least as a player), the team isn't going to forget what they got from him when they were last playing.  Unless they find an upgrade, he's sticking around.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

If he doesnt trade up and all 4 are QB's are taken before we pick then the draft is a failure.  I don't care how good Barkley or Chub are.  I don't care if we make god picks in the later rounds.  We have to get one of the 4.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

As religious as he is to his big board, I think at this point job security will be the overriding fear that will keep him away from Minkah.  Guys like Williams and Adams worked because they were "safe" picks on a team desperate for players absolutely everywhere.  At this point, there would be absolutely nothing safe about Minkah, even if he turned into a future HOFer.  I'd imagine he'd be more likely to trade down if that was the only guy left on his board he liked at that position.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Agreed about Skrine.  It's obviously without question that he's a goner if they get Mathieu, but otherwise Skrine isn't going anywhere and in truth, it's probably the right call.  Like you said, he played really well to close out the year, and it was a warning to everyone that it all but guaranteed he would be sticking around.  While many fans can quickly forget about that because of overall dislike of the guy (at least as a player), the team isn't going to forget what they got from him when they were last playing.  Unless they find an upgrade, he's sticking around.

Is Honey Badger even an upgrade from Skrine, if we're asking him to play the slot?  Or would he have a totally different role and then who plays the slot?  I get the interest in HB, he's a game changer but we've seen how paralyzed Todd can be when he has too many options on D.  Curious how he would fit.

6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

If he doesnt trade up and all 4 are QB's are taken before we pick then the draft is a failure.  I don't care how good Barkley or Chub are.  I don't care if we make god picks in the later rounds.  We have to get one of the 4.

It would sure appear that way on the surface, unless of course they're able to hit with a lesser prospect later and/or Teddy B. is healthy and effective. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

As religious as he is to his big board, I think at this point job security will be the overriding fear that will keep him away from Minkah.  Guys like Williams and Adams worked because they were "safe" picks on a team desperate for players absolutely everywhere.  At this point, there would be absolutely nothing safe about Minkah, even if he turned into a future HOFer.  I'd imagine he'd be more likely to trade down if that was the only guy left on his board he liked at that position.

Minkah is a really good player, but so is Barkley/Nelson/Chubb so even if he was "religious" to his big board and passed on a QB he isn't taking Minkah at 6 to be a backup when there are guys available with higher or slightly lower grades.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is Honey Badger even an upgrade from Skrine, if we're asking him to play the slot?  Or would he have a totally different role and then who plays the slot?  I get the interest in HB, he's a game changer but we've seen how paralyzed Todd can be when he has too many options on D.  Curious how he would fit.

In today's NFL, i don't think you necessarily have defined roles for every player and a player like Mathieu would play a combination of safety/slot. Just like Adams plays multiple positions. 

I will be happy if we get him, but he seems more like a luxury move than filling a need. But when you have about 25 million in cap space,  you can afford a luxury signing or 2. 

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I mean, you would think that's the case but job security hasnt prevented him for appropriately addressing the QB position at this point.  And he just signed 2 with Hack on the roster ;-).   And while Minkah plays a position where we seem to be set, it didnt stop him from taking Williams in '15.

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

My first reaction was sh*t...maybe they're taking a QB at #6.  And then I was excited.  And then I remembered who would be picking said QB and then thought about who would be coaching said QB and then thought about who would be available at #6 and my excitement turned to depression. 

I’d confidently tattoo this on my neck right now:

1. Browns: Allen

2. Giants: Rosen

3. Bills: Darnold

4. Broncos (trade): Mayfield

5. Browns: Saquon

6. Jets: TEARS OF A MOTHERFUCHING CLOWN BRO

Archived