Anyone else like all 4?

JohnnyLV

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

An oxymoron is two incongruous terms used in conjunction. Libsmartboy is one word. So.

Its really 3 words squished together, with one making zero sense whatsoever. I don't know the English term for that, but you nailed it.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

It’s an oxymoron, for all intensive purposes

I could be mistaken, becasue English is my second language, but I believe its for all intents and purposes. But I will leave that to the smart people like you and your BOYZ

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is where I’m at. I could talk myself into anyone other than Allen—but I would have to talk myself into them, you know?

This is how it’s going to be from here on out. Every QB prospect is going to come shrouded in so much negative press due to hot take saturation that it’ll be functionally impossible to love any one of them. It’s like running for President. 

All four have big question marks. This draft is deep at QB but does not have a surefire prospect like in years past.

Which is why our front office pulled one of the all time idiotic moves trading 4 picks to get to number 3 with zero concept of who might fall to them. It really is crazy this has gone by relatively quietly without criticism. Literally a move a drunk fan would make.

1 minute ago, burkett2112 said:

All four have big question marks. This draft is deep at QB but does not have a surefire prospect like in years past.

Which is why our front office pulled one of the all time idiotic moves trading 4 picks to get to number 3 with zero concept of who might fall to them. It really is crazy this has gone by relatively quietly without criticism. Literally a move a drunk fan would make.

Disagree the QB crop is deeper than its been in past years. 

Remaining at 6 guaranteed us nothing moving up to 3 guarantees us a shot at a top 3 QB. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is how it’s going to be from here on out. Every QB prospect is going to come shrouded in so much negative press due to hot take saturation that it’ll be functionally impossible to love any one of them. It’s like running for President. 

Who was the last QB who was universally loved and panned out? It happens so infrequently, the last one I recall was Luck, and its debatable to even say he panned out.

Most really liked Winston, and he is a bad season away from being a career backup.

On the flip side, There were a lot of people who did not love Wentz or Goff, and both look really good. Carr went in the second round, as did Garrapolo.

This sh*t is a very inexact science. Its a combination of the right skill set, in the right place, with the right coaches at the right time.

Sit around waiting for a universally loved QB prospect, and you become the Browns

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Disagree the QB crop is deeper than its been in past years. 

Remaining at 6 guaranteed us nothing moving up to 3 guarantees us a shot at a top 3 QB. 

Do you really believe the Jets war room all agree there are 3 QBs they're willing to trade all those picks for? Or do you think they're trying to appease a moronic fan base and have their fingers crossed their guy falls to them? 

Guys at that level don't get paid millions to say "hey if we get in the top 3 we'll probably get SOMEBODY decent!"

2 minutes ago, burkett2112 said:

Do you really believe the Jets war room all agree there are 3 QBs they're willing to trade all those picks for? Or do you think they're trying to appease a moronic fan base and have their fingers crossed their guy falls to them? 

Guys at that level don't get paid millions to say "hey if we get in the top 3 we'll probably get SOMEBODY decent!"

This team needs a QB has needed a QB for years they have tried all the conservative measures and they have failed. 

So the front office, back office, fan base are all correct in wanting the best shot at a decent QB who is hopefully a franchise QB. 

Until we get a QB NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.

8 minutes ago, burkett2112 said:

Who are the surefire prospects of past years, that have actually panned out? A lot of people had a lot of questions on both Goff and Wentz, more on Wentz than Goff.

To quote the human pin cushion, most people are misremembering the quality of past QB drafts

Just now, NoBowles said:

Who are the surefire prospects of past years, that have actually panned out? A lot of people had a lot of questions on both Goff and Wentz, more on Wentz than Goff.

To quote the human pin cushion, most people are misremembering the quality of past QB drafts

Id take Goff or Wentz on this team in a heartbeat. 

13 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Who was the last QB who was universally loved and panned out? It happens so infrequently, the last one I recall was Luck, and its debatable to even say he panned out.

Most really liked Winston, and he is a bad season away from being a career backup.

On the flip side, There were a lot of people who did not love Wentz or Goff, and both look really good. Carr went in the second round, as did Garrapolo.

This sh*t is a very inexact science. Its a combination of the right skill set, in the right place, with the right coaches at the right time.

Sit around waiting for a universally loved QB prospect, and you become the Browns

I don’t believe in science. I go with God and my Gut. 

Archived