July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all things considered, it's reasonable to move on at this point.  I have to run out in an hour or so for a long while and I'd love to get my picks in and not slip because of waiting for Junc yet again.  You can wait the 8 more minutes or we can just agree to pick now.  I don't think there's much of a case to be made that we're being unreasonable.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His deadline is 3:06 PM EST, so he has 22 minutes left. 

Patriot made his picks at 12:52.  He had to fix a pick later but we should use that as the timer since you can make your picks any time after the initial post.  If someone accidentally picks a player who wasn't available and the next guy slips in before the fix, that's on them.  

At least that's my view at this point.  Otherwise the timer could be delayed hours waiting for a fix.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll leave the handling of Junc to @Lith

How about we give him an hour for his next pick and if he misses that, then we give him 30 minutes for his remaining picks.  I think we should give him some window to make a pick, but agree that we should not have to wait the full 2 hours every time he picks.

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Patriot made his picks at 12:52.  He had to fix a pick later but we should use that as the timer since you can make your picks any time after the initial post.  If someone accidentally picks a player who wasn't available and the next guy slips in before the fix, that's on them.  

At least that's my view at this point.  Otherwise the timer could be delayed hours waiting for a fix.

OK, I'll agree to that.  So 2:52 PM EST deadline for junc. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

How about we give him an hour for his next pick and if he misses that, then we give him 30 minutes for his remaining picks.  I think we should give him some window to make a pick, but agree that we should not have to wait the full 2 hours every time he picks.

That's fine with me.  In the meantime, does the timer start with when the previous person gets his two initial picks in or does it get reset when there's a mistake that needs to be corrected?  It applies here.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Sounds great to me. 

Aaaaaand, now BigO vanishes into the aether without a trace.  And he was here just minutes before Junc's turn expired.  

Guys, please...if you are on deck and you have to leave, please, please PM picks to someone else so you don't add another 2 hours to the process for no reason.

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Aaaaaand, now BigO vanishes into the aether without a trace.  And he was here just minutes before Junc's turn expired.  

Guys, please...if you are on deck and you have to leave, please, please PM picks to someone else so you don't add another 2 hours to the process for no reason.

He made his pick. Your turn.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think you are safe after the Joe Stydahar pick.

He feared nothing and nobody, often eschewing a helmet in his early years and playing with a ferocity that was not often matched. Haaaaa rated #9 OL in NFL History HOF  RT played both ways 60 minute man- member of Monsters of the Midway - Rated #2 RT behind Forest Gregg. 

Haaaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaaa

My picks are in.  If anyone was waiting on taking an LT, they may be mad.  I also got a guy I was circling around for a few rounds and figure it's time.  One of my absolute favorite terrorizers of the golden days of football.  I mean, when your nickname is "Tombstone" you are doing something right!

1 minute ago, BigO said:

He feared nothing and nobody, often eschewing a helmet in his early years and playing with a ferocity that was not often matched. Haaaaa rated #9 OL in NFL History HOF  RT played both ways 60 minute man- member of Monsters of the Midway - Rated #2 RT behind Forest Gregg. 

Haaaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaaa

Not saying it is a bad pick -- just that I doubt he is the guy that nycdan was targeting.  I know nothing about the guy, so I have no opinion on the quality of the pick.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

My picks are in.  If anyone was waiting on taking an LT, they may be mad.  I also got a guy I was circling around for a few rounds and figure it's time.  One of my absolute favorite terrorizers of the golden days of football.  I mean, when your nickname is "Tombstone" you are doing something right!

Why would I want a LT? I got Bill Parker, rated one of the best LT in NFL history rated behind Munoz , the guy who protected Johnny U in his prime.

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not saying it is a bad pick -- just that I doubt he is the guy that nycdan was targeting.  I know nothing about the guy, so I have no opinion on the quality of the pick.

Read up. Fascinating player. I hope however you cats determine this playoff thing take into account the players that dominated in their era. 

10 minutes ago, BigO said:

Haaaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaaa

That's okay.  I HAVE Forrest Gregg :)

5 minutes ago, BigO said:

Why would I want a LT? I got Bill Parker, rated one of the best LT in NFL history rated behind Munoz , the guy who protected Johnny U in his prime.

I just knew you had 2 OL and didn't check to see which positions you had filled.  it's never good to zero in on a guy before your turn.  Many tears that way :)

Archived