So when do we start saying Darnold sucks?

NoBowles

3 hours ago, Pac said:

I think he played well and as I've been saying for over a year the future is bright.

The hero worship is what's grating..  people were saying he was doing things last night that only 1 or 2 QB's in the league can do.  I know that doesn't sit well with you.

This.

Optimism and happiness, awesome!  I share that.

The usual suspects hyperbolic Ray Ray-like ramblings, declaring him already top 10, future HOF'er, etc, etc, etc a Church ffs.  

Jets Nation should really just be renamed Homer Nation frankly.  There is no actual discourse most threads, just homers being homers and shouting down even positive comments if they're not positive ENOUGH for their FOTM exaggerations and obsessions.

Again, Darnold looked good in the 1st half.  He did nothing really in the 2nd half, likely on purpose.  This gets shouted down as somehow being "negative" or being a "miserable ****" as one nobody poster put it.  Somehow not agreeing that Darnolds TD pass was a sure sign of all-time-great status already makes one "negative".  

You cannot have rational conversation in the face of that kind of sh*t.  It's either Darnold is literally God, or gtfo.

Nice options.  

8 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

the OP is getting killed but there will definitely be some SOJ fans who are going to kill him after his first 3 INT or 2 Fumble game...no doubt about it...

Darnold will have those as a rookie but I can live with that.

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Some have the man walking on water, this kind of follie will not be tolerated.

Jets fans are overrating Darnold’s performance a little from last night.  He did look good but it was facing third stringers playing ultra conservative D

That said I’d be fine with starting Sam week 1 just because I don’t think much of Teddy or McCown

20 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Darnold put up a 5.3 YPA while playing with/against mailmen in the preseason and generally looking pretty much like a quarterback. We were running the same stuff we ran when we were breaking Sanchez in ie the same stuff everybody always runs for rookies. Headline Jetsiah savior. Warfish, an actual crazy person, serving as the voice of reason. Everybody settle the **** down. I love you guys but you’re crazy. This is so far so good. We’re not into get preemptively butthurt about Darnold’s greatness not being universally and immediately acknowledged territory.

CRAZY?!?!?! I’ll show you crazy locust! How dare you diminish our Redheaded Wonder Boy.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:22 PM, NoBowles said:

First int? First bad game? First loss? 

Here’s TomShane teaching you a kung fu lesson, I’m Jet Li joining in you traitor and there’s Gata Bot at the end finishing you off. 

This is no attack. This is defending Darnold!

Archived