Nathan Shepherd, starting 3rd Rd pick..

Jetmech

Seems like he's been on top of the depth chart since TC started. Whether there wasn't much competition or not this could be a great pick for the Jets.

They may have lucked out picking him in that spot before he was gone...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Seems like he's been on top of the depth chart since TC started. Whether there wasn't much competition or not this could be a great pick for the Jets.

I didn’t like the pick at the time but never questioned his ability. I guess that can be considered eating crow? If so, I’ll be eating crow and enjoying the hell out of it. 

I didn’t like the pick because of other needs (o-line) and the fact that he’s old for a rookie and a lot of times older rookies don’t get better since they have already peaked. Sione Pouha worked out for us though and Shepherd seems like he’s a vet already which justifies his older age. 

Competition was stiff enough in my opinion because Henry Anderson is VERY underrated and I was pretty sure going to be the starter. Shep has held his own and may have a great motor which is all you can ask to support Leo so he can FINALLY make some plays. 

19 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

This is a great feel good story. Hard not to root for this kid to make it big.

I didn’t like the pick at the time but never questioned his ability. I guess that can be considered eating crow? If so, I’ll be eating crow and enjoying the hell out of it. 
I didn’t like the pick because of other needs (o-line) and the fact that he’s old for a rookie and a lot of times older rookies don’t get better since they have already peaked. Sione Pouha worked out for us though and Shepherd seems like he’s a vet already which justifies his older age. 
Competition was stiff enough in my opinion because Henry Anderson is VERY underrated and I was pretty sure going to be the starter. Shep has held his own and may have a great motor which is all you can ask to support Leo so he can FINALLY make some plays. 
You're right Anderson is no slouch. Hopefully he continues to get better when the real games start.

I was lukewarm on the pick but I was a little disappointed in it given the OL situation. So far so good but I will wait and see how it goes when the real games begin. I am rooting for the guy though and his success will only help this team. I am getting psyched for the Game tomorrow night!

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He's 24, while that is older for a draft pick, it's not too bad. I have a feeling he is going to be a real player!

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

You're right Anderson is no slouch. Hopefully he continues to get better when the real games start.

I recall some beat writer tweeting a video of Anderson working on hand technique with (i believe) Shepherd after practice ended. I like this type of stuff. Not what I would see Wilkerson doing.

Archived