Your 2018-2019 Knicks thread

Philc1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SMC said:

The no-tank tank is working perfectly.

Knox might win EC rookie of the month, which would be a nice turnaround after a bad November.

How? The Nets made the worst trade in the history of sports and are currently light years ahead of the Knicks. Is Zion a franchise saver? I have no idea. But the Knicks somehow continue to get worse. 

Knox is still a kid but he's got a ton of bad habits and seemingly only cares about scoring. I dont think the coach matters all that much but Fizdale is not the guy.

19 hours ago, Matt39 said:

How? The Nets made the worst trade in the history of sports and are currently light years ahead of the Knicks. Is Zion a franchise saver? I have no idea. But the Knicks somehow continue to get worse. 

Knox is still a kid but he's got a ton of bad habits and seemingly only cares about scoring. I dont think the coach matters all that much but Fizdale is not the guy.

The Knicks are without their franchise player and are in no-tank tank mode. Nets are desperately trying to make the playoffs.  Knicks are also far younger than Nets. Completely different situations.  Plus, no Knicks fan cares about the Nets, so why bring them up?

As you said, Knox is a kid, end of story. A lot of kids have bad habits.  As to Fiz, who knows?

On 1/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, Matt39 said:

Nets got Russell for nothing that was a great trade for them

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Cliffs notes please?  That article is tedious

Vermilion is a very very small very very white town on the outskirts of the outskirts of Cleveland. The closest thing to a famous person those rubes ever glimpsed was when my little brother won Jeopardy seven times. Enter Lavar Ball. That could have gone real well or real bad but disappointingly it apparently just went.

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2019 at 5:10 PM, Matt39 said:

Giving away awards for bad shooting and high PPG is only hurting the Knicks. Perhaps Hardaway deserves recognition too

37% including 36% from 3 for a 19 year old player on a crappy team with crappy PG play isn’t that bad if it was 3 points higher there’s no basis to complain 

On 1/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, Matt39 said:

Thibs is available 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I caught some of Duke v Pitt the other night and it was my first time catching Zion. Man, he is something.

There are years where the #1 is clear and years where it's not, and at the very least the Knicks chose a good year to be in the running for 1.

I would be thrilled with either Zion or RJ.  Please God can Stern not screw us for once?

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Well, that's the idea.

It's just shame they had to change the lottery rules right when the Knicks seemed to finally realize the benefits of tanking. They have almost as big a chance at the 5th pick as they do at 1-4.

The idea should be to give up assets to get more valuable assets. The idea that the Knicks have is the same idea they have pursued several times this century, literally this exact thing, and it fails miserably every time. No matter what happens we can all rest assured that they will somehow screw it up over time.

So far as the draft, the last time the Knicks were headed towards a draft pick like this it was the 4th overall pick and they just unloaded him for the guy that they passed up on at 8 the year after. I think it's safe to say the lottery rules are the last thing to be concerned about.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The idea should be to give up assets to get more valuable assets. The idea that the Knicks have is the same idea they have pursued several times this century, literally this exact thing, and it fails miserably every time. No matter what happens we can all rest assured that they will somehow screw it up over time.

So far as the draft, the last time the Knicks were headed towards a draft pick like this it was the 4th overall pick and they just unloaded him for the guy that they passed up on at 8 the year after. I think it's safe to say the lottery rules are the last thing to be concerned about.

My point is that the Knicks are finally at a point where they're all out tanking and have all of their foreseeable first round picks. That's what they should have been doing for the last twenty years to rebuild the team rather than trading future firsts for out of shape and over the hill guys like Eddy Curry, or giving up 2/3 of their worthwhile assets for Carmelo.

• Upvote 1